• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tovarisc

What Bungie tries to achieve with removal of Shot Package? Shotguns like Conspiracy-D with ludicrous range are 100% unaffected by this "fix", keeping shotties as BIS special for PvP.

Also why we think that current meta where pulse rifles are new HC [range, TTK...] is better than previous one with HC's?

SkylineRKR

Kind of lame on the shotguns... I imagine some people spent lots of glimmer/motes on rolls that are just being removed.

I don't care. I made Felwinter and Matador perfect in order to keep up and had my fun and results with them. But I rather see the likes of Invective and Chaperone higher on the tier list.

zewone

What Bungie tries to achieve with removal of Shot Package? Shotguns like Conspiracy-D with ludicrous range are 100% unaffected by this "fix", keeping shotties as BIS special for PvP.

Also why we think that current meta where pulse rifles are new HC [range, TTK...] is better than previous one with HC's?

Auto Aim on sniper rifles with the 2.0 update is just as annoying as shotguns.

I agree that the new meta sucks. Change for the sake of change. It's not better and in many ways, worse.

did bungie fix the issue of players leaving strikes? Was playing the Valus Ta'arus stike and both left about 5 min into the strike, I was okay with it because I knew I could solo the strike but about another 30 in another two joined(party of two) one was AFK and then they left after killing the guards but again another 30 sec. in another two joined and we finished the strike.

Bravo Bungie!(if this was indeed your doing)

I responded to this yesterday and I wanted to say thank you again for the advice. I did this after killing the guy in the dreadnaught and presented both swords to Shaxx. He gave me the materials missions for both swords! I am so happy that I don't have to delete my hunter and start over for the arc exotic sword! I actually lost some sleep over it last night lol. I may have a problem...

Glad to know you got it, I can't imagine deleting and restarting a character ever.

SkylineRKR

I think its slightly better. There is no Thorn with DoT. And no Hawkmoon with RNG insta deaths from Scout ranges. Auto Rifles are still not top tier, but better than what they were during the Handcannon reign.

I still think old school was the best. Suros was OP, sure, but Red Death was strong and so were Hawkmoon and TLW. And MIDA.

Fusion was still powerful as well, Plan C pretty much carried me through IB (paired with a Vanquisher). But I also got fragged by a lot of Comedians and Patience and Times. Perhaps players were still learning the game, but the bitching was also real back then. I think PvP was more fun than it is now though.

neoism

you know at least we know now if they ever """""nerf"""" HoS ( which doesnt seem like it at this point) they will just take it out of the game completely... smh bungie is terrible with balance..
you know ppl have almost never complained about heavy in PVP.. why not control special ammo in pvp just like heavy ammo, and not just take shit out, when its good.. like have 4 rounds at spawn, have the special ammo box be the same as heavy, giving a max 4 rounds, have it only come 2 times a game. But instead of all the ammo going on death have 2 rounds go per death, or even 3 rounds...thats a max of 12 rounds per game and you cant die if you want to keep them... for someone like me shotties are my main special i fucking hate fusion rifles and dont really use snips because i dont like sniping in a closet.. only a hand full of middle size maps are they good for me..
smh
pets matador and cries....

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thanks for them PvP guys, drinking red bulls to stay awake :D
Cant focus now so sleepy
sleepy.gif

BahamutPT

The perk that increases upgrade rate for a specific weapon counts as a "telemetry" right? I think I read something about that.

Specifically, I'm asking for the First Curse. Got a class item with the HC perk.

BahamutPT

the telemetries are buff items sold by the gunsmith

I know, but there's perks which have the same effect as the telemetries.

But I just tested it, and yes! If you have some gear with the perk "Increases the upgrade rate for Hand Cannons" it will allow you to advance with the quest step.

exYle

The perk that increases upgrade rate for a specific weapon counts as a "telemetry" right? I think I read something about that.

Specifically, I'm asking for the First Curse. Got a class item with the HC perk.

That's what Reddit has told me. You could always purchase a primary telemetry as a back up

noomi

Reading about a guy who got the first curse quest last week and its going to be easy to finish the whole thing. Not at all what we thought it would be...

I've seen a lot of misinformation about this quest, so I just wanted to clear up the steps to complete the quest since they're worded a little poorly in the quest description.
The first step is simple, just get to Rank 5 with the Gunsmith and he'll give you the quest. Next, you'll just have to get a bunch of kills with a hand cannon with a primary telemetry active. Then you'll have to wait until the next Armsday.
The next step is where it's a little unclear. When you return to the Gunsmith on the next Armsday, he'll give you a 200 power white hand cannon called "Imprecation" and give you the next step. The quest step says to "Infuse the weapon, get kill sprees, and go on a precision kill spree in the Crucible." For this, you'll need to infuse the weapon to unlock a new perk slot on it (I got it to 260, not sure if that's the minimum or not). Then, for the kill sprees, you just need to get a 7 kill spree in PvE with the Imprecation (NOT the crucible, I may or may not have spent all day figuring that out), so just go kill a pack of thrall and make sure to get some headshots to activate Triple Tap. For the last step, it says to go on a precision kill spree in the Crucible, but you actually just have to get 7 precision kills in one game in the Crucible, they don't have to be all in one life.
Hopefully this clears it up for everyone, since the wording on the quest is a little weird.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3nzz5u/guide_to_completing_the_imprecation_quest_the/

SkylineRKR

oh man.. Comedians.. that takes me back

zombie apocalypse!

ZA was a shredder if you happened to find one with Field Scout.

This is what I like about TTK; the ability to roll your weapon is gone. At first I thought rolling was awesome, but its not. It was actually great, being that guy who got a Shadow Price dropped with Field Scout and others be like 'shit, I'd like to have that as well'. No weapon was the same.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Destiny LFG - nothing

Reddit fireteams and LFG - nothing

GAF - nothing

muffucking 10 digit key codes get brute forced in 5 minutes at 2 in the morning but ask the internet for one little post Golgoroth kill checkpoint for the raid and it's like i'm living in a hut on Mt. fucking Hood.

:( i want those fragments so bad. Stupid destiny.

Top Bottom