• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Silvard

Looking for 2 others for Nightfall, no mic necessary. I'm going to do it two times but you're welcome to join me for just one.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Sniping must be the new hot shit it's sprung like goddamn wildfire. Last couple days it's been infecting crucible like the bubonic plague. What pisses me off is I'll be tattooing someone's face with an assault rifle and they still headshot me like it's cake. How about some goddamn flinch Jesus H.

Really?

Hmm. You know, golden gun is pretty much guaranteed kills when it goes off. What do people do when they hear it go off? They run. They run hard and fast. And if they don't, they die.

This isn't a whole lot different. You can throw more hammers that's true, but that's about the only difference that really matters and the defence is still the same. Hear the hammer? just run. The audible cue is quite clear and distinct. People who just want to challenge that super should expect a low chance of survival.

But you don't see a lot of golden guns these days because that's not the new hotness for hunters. That's not a titan problem!

I've killed a lot of GG hunters before with a regular rifle, but can't seem to do it on sunbreakers. I don't know if the defense is the same, but it seems like sunbreakers have much more armor. I've never seen a GG shot give health back on kills, or leave huge sunspots on the ground either.

I play all classes and when I play Titan in crucible it's easy kills when I activate my super.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I didn't know that thanks!

I have a Hakke auto, that's what the Dealbreaker is :) I do love it!

Not sure which stabie/Gutz use though.
The Dealbreaker is nice, but it's 26 round magazine is simply too small. I've got one, bought from the Crucible vendor, with Crowd Control and Feeding Frenzy, and I've simply Vaulted it in favour of other guns, in particular my Hakke Arminius-D.

The one GutZ and Stabie use is the one that you can buy in a package this week, the Zarinaea-D. Lower RoF/Higher Impact than the Arminius, but with a 40-round magazine. I'm keen as hell for next week to arrive so I can get mine.

#TeamHakke

GunnerZ

Ha! I have no idea, it would've helped eh? :p

The Dealbreaker - Hakke Auto Rifle

- Surrounded
- Rangefinder
- Fitted Stock/Braced Frame

Not bad perks imo, although I've not read up on the current meta perks/weapon type wise yet.

Or

Hung Jury - Omolon Scout

- Triple Tap
- Lightweight/Hand Laid Stock
- Third Eye/Danger Close

Someone in the know pick one for me to upgrade >.<
both aren't that great. In extreme situations a get hung jury, other then that they're both not worth it

yea i think i've decided on Void for sure just looking at both of your cloaks in different lighting. Void is consistent; Solar switches between really bright and muted reddish/orange. Arc I imagine is the same as the VoG Titan Mark, so it's the same for that.

Void it is.

Tovarisc

Sniping must be the new hot shit it's sprung like goddamn wildfire. Last couple days it's been infecting crucible like the bubonic plague. What pisses me off is I'll be tattooing someone's face with an assault rifle and they still headshot me like it's cake. How about some goddamn flinch Jesus H.

2.0 gave unhealthy boost to amount of aim assist sniper rifles have, they literally stick to your head's hitbox like it was coated with superglue. Some sniper more than others, but 2.0 definitely made PvP sniping noticeably easier.

I wanted to do other stuff in Destiny tonight instead of waiting for a warsat event on Earth. Almost two hours now and nothing. Even have someone else on my fireteam camping a separate location. Ugh.

Did you try the old loot cave? That one was pretty consistent for me and my friends.

GutZ31

Ha! I have no idea, it would've helped eh? :p

The Dealbreaker - Hakke Auto Rifle

- Surrounded
- Rangefinder
- Fitted Stock/Braced Frame

Not bad perks imo, although I've not read up on the current meta perks/weapon type wise yet.

Or

Hung Jury - Omolon Scout

- Triple Tap
- Lightweight/Hand Laid Stock
- Third Eye/Danger Close
Zarinaea-D

Not the most stable auto rifle I have used, but if you pick your shots, it is crazy good.
urKNPI5.png

Description lies, this gun has 40 in the mag.

Holy shit, just had the firefly crash proc with Ace of Spades. I believed it, but it's totally different to see it yourself. Fix this shit bungie. Could be bad in trials lol.

GutZ31

Can you grind low level, or does it have to be on hard difficulty?

you can go directly to the strike, no level modifiers needed.
If its a level 15 strike with unique loot, you have a chance at getting the loot doing the level 15 strike.
The playlists at 36 and 40 have a better chance of dropping, but the percentage is questionable.

SheHateMe

Annnnnnnd I come home and the future wife has the television on lock.

I'll update with updates on Operation: Honey I Need The TV, My Friends Want To Raid.

Err...

Gunslinger, Bladedancer, Sunsinger, Nightstalker and Stormcaller can all be sniped by one high-impact sniper round or shotgun+meleed while in their super. Sunbreaker cannot.

Gunslinger is the only super that can be killed by one rocket, but heavy ammo being a counter to a super is irrelevant because of its availability.

What you're most likely to have on you at any given moment - primary, grenades and special - are the main methods by which the ability to counter a super should be balanced against. Right now, the Sunbreaker's ability to be countered is disproportionate both to its kill potential and its ease of use. It's broken.

Nobody wants Titans to be nerfed to irrelevancy, but just because they weren't "competitive" before doesn't mean they should be OP now. This game doesn't need an "age of Titans' anymore than it needs not another age of one weapon archetype.

The game already had an "age of" though. It was the age of the Hunter. How many of the top Trials players were anything other than blinking hunters?

Tovarisc

Read that thread, someone said that Luke said that Alpha Lupi is supposed to be the only exotic chest for now. Sounds like something glitched out when the SS quest was unlocked?

I wonder how Bungie will communicate to us that new class specific exotics are up for taking, patch notes just stating that exotic X is now unlocked? :D

Dgaf, i just reached 200 marks. Need to spend on something right now.

I hv hung jury and the fwc hand cannon. What else would you say it's a must hv gun from the vendors? New monarchy machine gun? Fwc rocket launcher?

I could also spend them on upgrading red death...

The Dealbreaker is nice, but it's 26 round magazine is simply too small. I've got one, bought from the Crucible vendor, with Crowd Control and Feeding Frenzy, and I've simply Vaulted it in favour of other guns, in particular my Hakke Arminius-D.

The one GutZ and Stabie use is the one that you can buy in a package this week, the Zarinaea-D. Lower RoF/Higher Impact than the Arminius, but with a 40-round magazine. I'm keen as hell for next week to arrive so I can get mine.

#TeamHakke

I think I may order one of those up then! I went for the Suros as i had a Hakke already but if that one is better I think I'll take that! I don't really like fast RoF/low impact autos.

Think it was the Suros ARI-45 I ordered.

How about non there both not that great. In extreme situation a get hung jury, other then there not worth it

I think I'll hold off then, thanks!

Zarinaea-D

Not the most stable auto rifle I have used, but if you pick your shots, it is crazy good.
urKNPI5.png

Description lies, this gun has 40 in the mag.

I think I'm gonna get this one.

Agent

A Warsat spawned on Earth...its a miracle. 1/17. Three hours later I'm done. The next step better activate at reset in the morning.

Can you get the hunter cloaks from Taniks or the Mind Flayers in the regular versions of the strikes from the director, or does it have to be from a strike playlist?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
2.0 gave unhealthy boost to amount of aim assist sniper rifles have, they literally stick to your head's hitbox like it was coated with superglue. Some sniper more than others, but 2.0 definitely made PvP sniping noticeably easier.

Yeah it's driving me nuts! I refuse to join the dark side for now, must keep fighting the good fight

The game already had an "age of" though. It was the age of the Hunter. How many of the top Trials players were anything other than blinking hunters?

Well I always thought Bladedancers were unbalanced for that reason. When the choice is obvious, the game isn't balanced. Bungie said the same thing.

zewone

Can you get the hunter cloaks from Taniks or the Mind Flayers in the regular versions of the strikes from the director, or does it have to be from a strike playlist?

Yep. You can choose the low levels and run those to get the gear you're looking.

Also, blowing up the boss and yourself allows the engrams to drop and you to respawn at the boss.

This method works on Omnigul, doesn't on Darkblade. Haven't tried others.

Top Bottom