• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tovarisc

The game already had an "age of" though. It was the age of the Hunter. How many of the top Trials players were anything other than blinking hunters?

Bungie seems to like whole "Age of... / Flavor of..." design and balancing. For PvP hand cannons were swapped for pulse rifles and bladedancer for sunbreaker. Maybe in Y3 warlocks get some insane shit that finally makes them "Age of... / Flavor of...", but mostly I wonder if pulse rifles get replaced with auto rifles so we get full circle.

maomaoIYP

I wonder how Bungie will communicate to us that new class specific exotics are up for taking, patch notes just stating that exotic X is now unlocked? :D

I think they won't, they'll just let us discover it, just like the SS quest, ToM etc etc. I like it actually, gives me a feeling of excitement and discovery (as rare as it is!).

Messiek

Read that thread, someone said that Luke said that Alpha Lupi is supposed to be the only exotic chest for now. Sounds like something glitched out when the SS quest was unlocked?

The guy on reddit was verified. Just like the Spindle only appears on the kiosk when you get it, there might be more items like this one to collect.

There's this Titan one and a Hunter one.

Tovarisc

The guy on reddit was verified. Just like the Spindle only appears on the kiosk qhen you get it, there might be more items like this one to collect.

There's this Titan one and a Hunter one.

Don't forget those alleged Warlock boots, only actually interesting Warlock exotic armor. Those combined with cocoon == never reloading manually again. Warlock also has that alleged helm that shortens CD on blink and extends its travel distance.

KanameYuuki

Farming for the cloak is like 90% of the time just waiting to get into the right strike : |

I screwed up 1 of my swords, I have no idea with who I upgraded so I only have 2 exotic quest, I hope there is a way to fix it.

Arrrammis

SLEEPER SIMULANT JUST BECAME BETTER.

You know how you only get 2 charges per heavy ammo pack? Apparently if you have a machine gun or sword (anything with more than 7 ammo pickup per box from what I've seen), switch to that, then pick up the ammo pack, then switch back to the sleeper! You have full ammo!

Rail gun shots fo dayz.

SLEEPER SIMULANT JUST BECAME BETTER.

You know how you only get 2 charges per heavy ammo pack? Apparently if you have a machine gun or sword (anything with more than 7 ammo pickup per box from what I've seen), switch to that, then pick up the ammo pack, then switch back to the sleeper! You have full ammo!

Rail gun shots fo dayz.

You only get two charges? Jeez, Bungie was so scared of making this thing even a little bit OP.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So ... if i don't have the sleeper stimulant strike mission on earth can I join into someone here doing it and still get it finished? or if it's not showing up for me - am I in the waiting game now?

Wallach

But isn't the drop chance too low on normal?

I don't think we have any solid data on drop rates for the strike-specific stuff.

For what it's worth doing this in playlist - especially heroic - it would have to be massively improved drop chance for that to be worthwhile. The amount of time added between the increased kill times and wasted time just trying to get into the correct strike is enormous. Given that you will never have the streak bonus up there's almost no chance it is worth doing that way.

Bogeypop

yea idk how much of this i can take. you guys sure it doesnt just drop from the director version of the strike?

It does, but it has a lower drop rate. At least in my experience anyways. I mean you saw me get that second Void Cloak on our first Heroic Dust Palace, right? I'll try and leave it to you guys this time to finish off/suicide Rocket the last Flayer so someone who actually needs the Void cloak gets it, lol

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Also ... im in on my Vita at work. If anyone has a Checkpoint around golgo (i know i know) or wants help with the ads through the raid I'm up for it.

It does, but it has a lower drop rate. At least in my experience anyways. I mean you saw me get that second Void Cloak on our first Heroic Dust Palace, right? I'll try and leave it to you guys this time to finish off/suicide Rocket the last Flayer so someone who actually needs the Void cloak gets it, lol

i tried to kill it but there were too many adds shooting at me. my shield never came up.

Top Bottom