• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Bogeypop

Azys_ here, If you guys need a body I'll run with you guys. Not totally looking for a cloak just like doing Heroic Strikes.

Wait so people are positing you need to get the killing blow now?

As far as replacing, yea I'd love to, let me know.

I think Sushi might be done as well so I'll let you both know when I'm free.

That was just me saying based on my experiences either the person who gets the killing blow or does the most damage to the Flayer/Taniks gets the Cloak. There is no substantial evidence other than the the few cloaks I've gotten.

KanameYuuki

I think Sushi might be done as well so I'll let you both know when I'm free.

That was just me saying based on my experiences either the person who gets the killing blow or does the most damage to the Flayer/Taniks gets the Cloak. There is no substantial evidence other than the the few cloaks I've gotten.

So did it drop for you guys on normal?

Bogeypop

So did it drop for you guys on normal?

We tried a few Normal Dust Palaces, but we weren't even getting Engram drops from the last Flayer, so we quickly became disillusioned especially after having already spent 3 hours. We're going to try one last Heroic Dust Palace before calling it quits. Then I'm making a new Cloak farming group.

KanameYuuki

No luck on our side either, it does look lie playlist is the way to go, hope we have more look next time, thanks Novus and Jafku for joining, time to sleep, I could barely keep my eyes open.

No luck on our side either, it does look lie playlist is the way to go, hope we have more look next time, thanks Novus and Jafku for joining, time to sleep, I could barely keep my eyes open.

i switched to an auto rifle 2 hours ago because my hand is too tired to use anything else lol

Jblanks

The villainy from fwc and hawksaw from the crucible vendor are very good pulses. If you can get the gaheris or Judith from a gunsmith package you'll be set and handcannons since the needs don't affect the hakke ones for some reason.

I'm reading that more people like Hawksaw; but those perks from the vendor one don't look very good tbh.

ryan13ts

So I hopped on my other character in the first time in forever (I only play my main warlock) and I was going to try to do some stuff with it, but the game said some crap about me reachiing my highest level with the "trial" version. I can't do any of the daily or new multiplayer modes and I can't even go to the dreadnaught on this character.

Any ides on what the hell is happening? I obviously own vanilla, Crota, Wolves and Taken King, so there's no reason I shouldn't be able to play on my other character. My main works just fine, so I'm at a compete loss of what's going on.

Bogeypop

FUCK the undying mind and anyone who loves it

I love it when it's Solar burn on Nightfall!...
Until I get killed by Goblin Slap Rifles, Taken Wizards' fire, or Taken Knights' fire
Zap9E4c.png

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I refuse to believe the Flayer cloak drops in the Level 20 version. I've probably done that Strike about 50 times this week and haven't seen anyone get it.

Baliis

So I hopped on my other character in the first time in forever (I only play my main warlock) and I was going to try to do some stuff with it, but the game said some crap about me reachiing my highest level with the "trial" version. I can't do any of the daily or new multiplayer modes and I can't even go to the dreadnaught on this character.

Any ides on what the hell is happening? I obviously own vanilla, Crota, Wolves and Taken King, so there's no reason I shouldn't be able to play on my other character. My main works just fine, so I'm at a compete loss of what's going on.

Try refreshing you license or something maybe?

Bogeypop

The playlist is just messing with us at this point. Nothing but Valus Ta'aurc and Shield Brothers. Both Cabal related, yes, but not the Strike we want!

DarKshodaN

I refuse to believe the Flayer cloak drops in the Level 20 version. I've probably done that Strike about 50 times this week and haven't seen anyone get it.

I played over 100 Times the LvL 36 Version of Echo Chamber for the Theosyion Vibrissae Warlock Gauntlets.

Nothing dropped for me or the guys who played with me,it was a huge waste of time, i believe also that some stuff only drops on the Heroric Version

Man.. I probably should've thought twice about doing this damn TLW notoriety quest at the same time as doing the Crucible quest chain.

Only slightly related.. Rift is struggle when you don't know the maps the way everyone else does.

zewone

no engrams were dropping on normal. you get loot at the end of the strike but i didn't see anything drop from the flayers out of 3 runs.

think you have to go through the playlist after all.

No, you can get the mantle in normal, but the old version for some reason wasn't updated to have loot fall out of their body. It's just a reward screen like you mentioned.

Since the raid wasn't a go (even if it is it is too late for me now - i wold only be able to do 2 1/2 hours)...

Could anyone help me out with The Chaperone Shotgun Only Shield Brothers strike? Is 292 light enough?

I played over 100 Times the LvL 36 Version of Echo Chamber for the Theosyion Vibrissae Warlock Gauntlets.

Nothing dropped for me or the guys who played with me,it was a huge waste of time, i believe also that some stuff only drops on the Heroric Version
It took me about 30 attempts of doing Shadow Strike lvl 20 before the Taniks dropped. I could have assumed at any point before then the cloak only dropped in Heroic or Vanguard playlists and ended up wasting even more time.

I've since gotten two more in the lvl 20 strike. I would assume the same applies to the flayer cloaks, and several people have told me theirs dropped in non-playlist games... so...

maomaoIYP

Since the raid wasn't a go (even if it is it is too late for me now - i wold only be able to do 2 1/2 hours)...

Could anyone help me out with The Chaperone Shotgun Only Shield Brothers strike? Is 292 light enough?

It's enough, but I found this strike considerably harder than this week's NF. I had to bring out a 300 Black Spindle for the tank section and a 310 Invective for the final room. Bringing good team mates would help too of course.

Alright I'm done for the night guys. Thanks for the run. Not fun having to RNG a strike and then RNG it again for a cloak. Falling asleep on my controller.

yep i'm gonna call it there too. Thanks Bogey, Zewone and Sushi for the cloak trains. The search will continue tomorrow and hopefully bear purple colored fruit.

Bogeypop

Alright I'm done for the night guys. Thanks for the run. Not fun having to RNG a strike and then RNG it again for a cloak. Falling asleep on my controller.

yep i'm gonna call it there too. Thanks Bogey, Zewone and Sushi for the cloak trains. The search will continue tomorrow and hopefully bear purple colored fruit.

I thought you just completely gave up hope and left when I got my third Void Flayer Mantle just now.... I didn't even shoot at the Void Flayer and merely tethered him for you guys... >_>

Azys_ here, If you guys need a body I'll run with you guys. Not totally looking for a cloak just like doing Heroic Strikes.

Wait so people are positing you need to get the killing blow now?

As far as replacing, yea I'd love to, let me know.

Mantle/Cloak Farming Group 2.0 is a go! You guys still up for it?

DarKshodaN

It took me about 30 attempts of doing Shadow Strike lvl 20 before the Taniks dropped. I could have assumed at any point before then the cloak only dropped in Heroic or Vanguard playlists and ended up wasting even more time.

I've since gotten two more in the lvl 20 strike. I would assume the same applies to the flayer cloaks, and several people have told me theirs dropped in non-playlist games... so...

Yeah maybe RNG Jesus just hates me, i keep on trying then.

I thought you just completely gave up hope and left when I got my third Void Flayer Mantle just now.... I didn't even shoot at the Void Flayer and merely tethered him for you guys... >_>

Mantle/Cloak Farming Group 2.0 is a go! You guys still up for it?

I'm helping my buddy do the nightfall, probably going to be helping them for a bit. Go on without me!

Amazing! Loaded up the strike for the exotic void sword and got paired up with two people who had the boss at about 15 percent health and had the void and arc shield night still left alive. Now I have all three swords. Now on to the sleeper simulant quest

EL CUCO

Good thing I remembered to look at Shaxx's bounties today. There's a complete 3 dailies bounty. If I would've looked at it over the weekend on Sunday or something, I wouldn't have been able to do it...

What a stupid bounty. Forces you to take 3 days to finish and get a crappy reward

Top Bottom