• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Nice, got a 310 Young Ahamkara with Pulse reload from a Xurgram, so looks like i'll be maining gunslinger for IB/Trials.

Also just finished the spinmetal part for the Arc Sword (took 193 to get the 10), wheres best for relic iron, I'm guessing Anchor of Light is best for the moon?

CREMSteve

Yeah I grinded for the Darkblade helm one night... And I didn't get it... And then I decided to just wait for it and play normally and not worry about it... Don't want to do that grind anymore...
I ran the Bros. strike for like 3 hours straight today, trying for the Gauntlets. No luck. :/

I know what I'm doing tonight.

CREMSteve

Nice, got a 310 Young Ahamkara with Pulse reload from a Xurgram, so looks like i'll be maining gunslinger for IB/Trials.

Also just finished the spinmetal part for the Arc Sword (took 193 to get the 10), wheres best for relic iron, I'm guessing Anchor of Light is best for the moon?
Back and forth between the Barrens and Scablands. 3 pop in each.

LTWood12

Yeah I grinded for the Darkblade helm one night... And I didn't get it... And then I decided to just wait for it and play normally and not worry about it... Don't want to do that grind anymore...

T-44 got it from the Exotic sword instance of it last night. I was like holy shit dude you got the helmet. "So, It's only 284 dude." *facepalm

Jito

Banned
Today is a good day, got my Sleeper Simulant first try with randoms and finally got the helmet for the Hesperos Type 0 armour set. I look like a deep sea diver now!

MikeyMike

I find Scablands pretty good for farming Relic Iron.

Starting position on the moon is my favorite but it might not be the best.

Mupod

Finally got all of the raid armor!

I also have the Kingslayer shell, MG, Shotgun, Pulse, Auto, and Scout.

I think that just leaves a RL and Fusion for raid loot?

Of course, some of these are LL300, so better versions are always possible.

I need that Titan helmet so bad. That style of armor is kind of my thing, see avatar. You know, I wonder if Tsutomu Nihei has drawn anything Destiny-related - his short little Sergeant Johnson Halo comic was awesome.

Anyways my Warlock is a helmet drop away from the full raid set - I hear you get a shader for wearing all the pieces at once?

Just got the gauntlets from the shield brothers strike and a special weapon exotic engram. Please be a 310 anything.

Edit: 310 Invective, that will do.

Deku Tree

I ran the Bros. strike for like 3 hours straight today, trying for the Gauntlets. No luck. :/

I know what I'm doing tonight.

Yeah I just can't do that again...

T-44 got it from the Exotic sword instance of it last night. I was like holy shit dude you got the helmet. "So, It's only 284 dude." *facepalm

Lol yeah I vaguely remember getting a strike exclusive legendary helmet the first week of TTK, I remember because I got a purple helm directly from the boss drop for a different character... I thought it was weird... But I transferred it over... And then I must have deleted it soon after because it was too low light... Not realizing what it was... Omg. Now RNG is making me pay!!! Where is my Darkblade helm???

Ragnaros

Banned
Can anyone offer some advice? I'm at Xur and trying to decide how to spend my Strange Coins. I have 65. As a 284 Light Warlock with an only an exotic chest (Hear of Praxic Fire) should I just stick to that and ignore the gauntlets and get the exotic heavy engram?

Afrocious

Can anyone offer some advice? I'm at Xur and trying to decide how to spend my Strange Coins. I have 65. As a 284 Light Warlock with an only an exotic chest (Hear of Praxic Fire) should I just stick to that and ignore the gauntlets and get the exotic heavy engram?

You should throw all your coins on ToC, do more quests to get you to 295~, raid until you're 300, and be 1%

Kyne

I'm going to assume you don't care for that chest piece. Haha. The perks fit my play-style, and the extra solar armor will help because Gunslingers don't have much in the way of protection. So, it's a good choice for me. However, at this rate, I might just go after the Iron Banner chest piece.

no, it's not that I don't care for it

it's that I've decrypted over 10 chest pieces over the last 2 weeks and all 10 of them have been alpha lupi.

Really? FUCK. I did not know this.

So blue needs to die first?

not true; got my arms from killing red then blue.

to each is own. I feel like a lot of people farming for all these new items play it like they do bingo, saying and doing whatever they think might earn them the loot. :p

gspec

Snice were only about 100 pages away:

OT◇34|Ti+Th=NaCl
OT◇34|Sleeper Simulant/Guardian Stimulant
OT◇34|Time Gated Quests? Bungie is Vex.
OT◇34|Luke Smith, Destroyer of Dreams
OT◇34|I got the boots! (But they're broken)

The exotic heavy engram is a legacy year one exotic. It is not a year two exotic. Do not get that.

Few things are more frustrating than paying 60 marks for a legendary engram and having it decrypt to an artifact. Happened to me twice in a row just now, and now I'm out of marks. I already have a good enough artifact, that's not why I'm buying the engram!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Thrill Seeker bounty = Cursed Thrall killed with melee. 0/3.

Does this have to be done in Court of Oryx?

Deku Tree

Is it okay that I'm finding myself preferring scout rifles over any other gun in the game?

I really wanna try out Tlaloc.

It is not an accident that Bungie put all scout rifles and sniper rifles on the right:

CQ3o3APUsAANXPd.jpg

They are the new TTK meta.

Afrocious

Few things are more frustrating than paying 60 marks for a legendary engram and having it decrypt to an artifact. Happened to me twice in a row just now, and now I'm out of marks. I already have a good enough artifact, that's not why I'm buying the engram!

Why are you buying legendary engrams to begin with?

Got my Warlock up to 307 using exotic gauntlets. Getting 310 duplicates and infusing my current gauntlets. I now have 310 Helmets, Primaries, Secondaries, exotic sword, and a 307 raid machine gun.

Namikaze1

Getting a 310 leg armor and 310 ghost shell is what's eventually going to hold most of us back from being 310 light, isn't it?
For me it's the ghost and class item. Already got 310 boots. I got 310 exotic helmets, gloves, and chests ready to infuse on to legendary gear.

This is all for my main. My alts can wait their turn.

Afrocious

I'm still on the fence about if I should infuse this 310 raid shotgun into something.

At 297 light, and trying to get to 300 so I can decrypt some exotic engrams I'm holding onto. I'm not getting drops for the few slots that are holding me back, so I'm turning to buying the engrams.

This avenue is inefficient. What pieces are holding you back? You may as well wait until you can raid after the reset.

Top Bottom