• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

It is a support sub class. Have you tried playing it in a defensive manner?

You can't play defensive with a hand cannon.

And if I did I'd lose every game. My trueskill consistently stacks the odds against me so if I'm not being the aggressor my team loses.

Nightstalker is not an aggressive subclass and it pisses me off. I don't want to switch back to Gunslinger but I don't have much of a choice.

Which grenade do you use? I think the voidwall nade is junk personally. Is there a better one?

All of the nightstalker nades are junk for PvP in my opinion. I much prefer getting solid damage in one hit as opposed to hoping my opponents will be dumb enough to stand in a grenade.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Hey ya'll, any tips on the Fears Embrace mission at the end of Taken Wars quest line? That thing is rocking me right now. I suppose it would be easier with another person, so if anybody needs it as well, we could knock it out together!

PSN = dorssom.

I actually like Nightstalker in PvP (except for Mayhem). Put on the perk for double smoke and grenade time. Quiver on shadowshot. And with Graviton, Keen Scout and Shadowstep make a great combo.

The only thing that's annoying is having to switch so many things around when jumping from PvE to PvP.

Frenden

Banned
You can't play defensive with a hand cannon.

And if I did I'd lose every game. My trueskill consistently stacks the odds against me so if I'm not being the aggressor my team loses.

Nightstalker is not an aggressive subclass and it pisses me off. I don't want to switch back to Gunslinger but I don't have much of a choice.

I've been playing as a Gunslinger still. I tried Nighstalker for the first week and was getting the short end of the super stick.

It turns out Incendiary Grenades are amazing now and Throwing Knives are still clutch.

I got my Gunslinger Emblem and haven't looked back.
but there isn't one

Knucklehead Radar though.
That's what I use when I'm running TLW. Ace already has third eye. There's really no good exotic with that build for PvP.

Kyoufu

If you go into Rift alone, you're gonna have a bad time.

I've gone into Rift with fireteams and still had a bad time. It's not about losing that makes it crap. It's just the mode in general is crap.

I had a feeling that I wouldn't enjoy it when I watched that Red Bull e-sport stream thing they did last month.

ori0n378e

You are welcome to run with me anytime ;) And yeah, Friday nights are always good for me raiding! Might work on my hunter tomorrow, try and get her raid ready by the evening, if i make it would tomorrow night work for you?
I'm on call so I don't want to start something I can't finish. On call till Monday morning...

...oh and I will be there next Friday!!!

wonder when Bungie's going to fix the proc for the burn on the throwing knife.

I was going to play Sunbreaker when the expansion launched but not in their current state.

Working as intended, whats the issue you are talking about :p

slowly adding the DGAF members again...thank you for understanding..

Prodigal

Banned
Hey I just got access to the Taken King Digital Collector's Edition. Could you guys point me in the right direction in game to where I can grab the items that come with it?

MechDX

Done. Gonna be a blast to play with. Only decent shader which matched the helm. Getting quite a few looks in the tower lol. Would prefer a new chest piece. Something with high collars.

I have the same exact warlock build minus the helmet. :(

Jabronium

Not a bad evening.
Got my Tlaloc scout

And doing strikes with 10x 3oC I got:

Hereafter sniper
Obsidian mind helmet
Voidfang vestments

Wow, nice haul. I ran through 15x 3oC earlier and just got a Telesto. I did notice that the Taken Gate Lord in the Valus strike eats the 3oC buff, is that a bug or does he actually have a chance to drop an exotic?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Halo Wars OST + Destiny =
post-44195-Morena-Baccarin-Inara-Serra-cr-jKRE.gif

How do you add spoiler tags? I want a checkpoint for a part of the raid for a fragment. However I don't want to spoil any parts for those who haven't done I'm yet.

LiK

How do you add spoiler tags? I want a checkpoint for a part of the raid for a fragment. However I don't want to spoil any parts for those who haven't done I'm yet.

Look at thread title. You're free!

I need the fragment at the thrusting dicks section.

I actually like Nightstalker in PvP (except for Mayhem). Put on the perk for double smoke and grenade time. Quiver on shadowshot. And with Graviton, Keen Scout and Shadowstep make a great combo.

The only thing that's annoying is having to switch so many things around when jumping from PvE to PvP.

that was i was doing. always felt like i had a disadvantage going into any encounter.

smoke bomb/grenades are stupid. i don't want to trap enemies and i don't want to block them (and they can just go right through it when i do). I want to kill them as soon as I see them. Incendiary prenades and then I finish off with one hand cannon shot, not two. Similarly, with throwing knife I cut any CQB encounters in half. With nightstalker I either run away or try to slow them down with smoke.

Quiver is really just a cooler, less effective Golden Gun. The other shadowshot attacks are only good if you have cover, otherwise you miss and they can still shoot you while they're tethered.

Worst part is I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if there's something wrong with the subclass. But I'm already getting twice as many kills on Gunslinger again and winning 90% more of my encounters so it looks like I'm done with that.

At least Hunters have a PvE class now.

Top Bottom