• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Madness

Cross posting for help. Another few questions for you guys. If I still have dark below and house of wolves stuff, can I at least trigger Taken King or wait? I could've sworn I read that if you start taken king you can't do some other quests anymore, especially house of wolves?

The exotic helmet engram I bought earlier gave me a Hunter helmet called Skyburners Annex that has 290 defense, while the Xur one is Celestial Nighthawk that is 280. 

For Skyburners Annex helmet, the main thing it does is versatile shooter, which says heavy weapon kills have a chance to create orbs. Orbs collected when your super is full have a chance to grant special ammo. 

Whereas for Celestial Nighthawk it says, golden gun fires one shot granting 6x damage and then keyhole something. Thoughts on should I buy it, or save my coins for next week when he might have something else?

Ambitious

Wut?

Some of it is down to RNG, but i feel overall the coin has been stealth-nerfed. It just dont go from a drop every 5-7 to 20 in a row no drop. No fucking way thats RNG. Not when it happens more or less every single time since they patched it.

What was that supposed to mean?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Im ridin solo, ridin solo
CQZOGhTWcAAuixt.png:large

Namikaze1

Mercy Ruled win. Welp that fucked up the kill Guardians thing for me. Not by much really. Am at 59% kills at 6 wins now. Still very much doable.

Cross posting for help. Another few questions for you guys. If I still have dark below and house of wolves stuff, can I at least trigger Taken King or wait? I could've sworn I read that if you start taken king you can't do some other quests anymore, especially house of wolves?

The exotic helmet engram I bought earlier gave me a Hunter helmet called Skyburners Annex that has 290 defense, while the Xur one is Celestial Nighthawk that is 280. 

For Skyburners Annex helmet, the main thing it does is versatile shooter, which says heavy weapon kills have a chance to create orbs. Orbs collected when your super is full have a chance to grant special ammo. 

Whereas for Celestial Nighthawk it says, golden gun fires one shot granting 6x damage and then keyhole something. Thoughts on should I buy it, or save my coins for next week when he might have something else?
No idea about the story missions. How many coins do you have? You can always infuse the nighthawk thus the value will increase. Both are good at different things :)

Story missions will still be available. At least, they should be.

I'd go for the Annex helmet, depending on what kind of Hunter you're playing as. I have mine kitted out with Hawkmoon, an Arc sniper and an Arc sword. I generate orbs like there's no tomorrow. If you want to stick with Gunslinger, Celestial Nighthawk is pretty good but only against bosses.

Dusknoir

Hey guys I'm on the last two missions for the touch of malice. Any else who wants a hand in this quest just add me
Psn EricEnukora

You can redo every mission since they created quest lines for everything now. The original quest lines for TDB and HoW are in your quests and additional quest lines are in your kiosk if you already did them but want to do them again. And yes, you can do as many quests as you can hold at once simultaneously. So you can do missions from all the dlcs in any order you like.

If you play as a gunslinger, Nighthawk is an absolute must, it's great. Mostly because the regular 3 shots are weak compared to other supers from the other classes. Nighthawk makes the super extremely useful for bosses.
If you don't care for the gunslinger subclass, then don't bother I guess.

deoee

Yeah true, but did you see the guy's glitch sword approach to it? That can't be as intended. I immediately thought maybe they wanted to keep it way up there and move it a la the Hobgoblin platforms in vog later

Yeah you may be right about the glitch BUT I just read this:

Ill try to explain. In the dick wall room after gorgoroth (sp) there are some spikes that come out of the walls. One spike has a light on it which is green but once you get right under it, it turns yellow/orange. There is 6 of these, if you activate them in the right order (datto and holtzmann both say its 165243) a door opens. This door is right as you come in to the dick room to the left. There is a piston to the left which you must get hit by and you fly to the door which activates a bridge which your team can go thru to get to this door. In the room theres a relic like in the first part of the raid and a statue up on the wall which you have to dunk into. Noone has figured out anything else unfortunately. Hope that helps

So maybe being catpulted works too?

EL CUCO

Well, I completed my first set of Crucible "NF" tier reward bounties, and it truly is a "NF" tier reward.

Got a year 2 NL Shadow...

Thanks, Shaxx
ksrGj85.jpg

Yes, relic iron farm complete for void sword, no more planet mat farming left to do ever.

Whoever thought this quest part would be a good idea should go farm helium filaments for 4 hours.

Namikaze1

76%

Yeah, that mercy ruled game fuck it up. Will have to play one more game it seems unless I somehow go into beast mode in these last two games I need.

Tovarisc

I think it would be interesting experiment if Bungie ran PvP playlist where auto aim... I mean aim assist was turned off. Current amount of aim assist (instinct is to call it auto aim) if laughs worthy and most likely makes some worse aimbot scripts blush, snipers aimpoint stopping like running into wall when encountering heads hitbox and in general even aggressively yanking your aim into enemy.

Ffs. Over 3 hours on oryx and we finally get him to the final dps stage and someone pops weapons of light over 3 of us and we wipe.

I'm done with LFG. Either gaf raid or no raid.

So.... Oryx checkpoint. Experienced preferred as I'm on the verge of insanity here. Anyone keen?

nbraun80

Ffs. Over 3 hours on oryx and we finally get him to the final dps stage and someone pops weapons of light over 3 of us and we wipe.

So.... Oryx checkpoint. Experienced preferred as I'm on the verge of insanity here. Anyone keen?

lol so troll, didn't know it took that much to finish him off

deoee

Wow...

GutZ31

Destiny GAF Community is accepting requests effective immediately.

If you have requested to be added over the last 48 hours by PM on NeoGAF, congratulations, you have likely been cleared.
Your next step to claiming entry should be checking your notifications for invites to Destiny GAF Community.
If you can not find an invite in your notifications, please wait 30 minutes, and request an invitation from one of the mods again.

Only request another invite after you have checked your notifications, as the Community will not automatically show up in your friends list/Communities.

For reference, the current mods for the group are;
iRAWRasaurus
Hawkian
Afrocious
GutZ31
Boguester

If you are still looking to be invited, PM one of us your PSN and GAF ID. We will not accept requests asking from the PS4. You must PM from NeoGAF.

We thank you all for your past, and continued support.

Bump for new page.

Thinking of starting a from-scratch new character without the straight-to-lvl-25 bonus... what's the fastest way to get to end game lvl nowadays? Just grind out the story?

I've had trouble with people who aren't from gaf or from the clan I joined. Friends of friends are often terrible, so I imagine lfg to be worse.
If you have to go to lfg, id reconsider doing the raid at all. It's not worth the frustration. Especially considering how underwhelming the loot is from this raid.

Lnkn52

Thinking of starting a from-scratch new character without the straight-to-lvl-25 bonus... what's the fastest way to get to end game lvl nowadays? Just grind out the story?
Still not sure if this hold true, but you can also just play Crucible if you enjoy that and it would have take a out 6 hours to reach level 20(previous cap). Since that has been doubled, I would imagine it would take a bit longer.

In the end, I would do story content so you can unlock the end game.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Using 25 boost main story leaves you at 36-37 and then just grind strikes or do side stuff.

I've had trouble with people who aren't from gaf or from the clan I joined. Friends of friends are often terrible, so I imagine lfg to be worse.
If you have to go to lfg, id reconsider doing the raid at all. It's not worth the frustration. Especially considering how underwhelming the loot is from this raid.

I was hesistant but being on such a different timezone to most of GAF i usually miss the regular raids. I will probably try get up early tomorrow morning and get in on a few groups.

Got 1x oryx kill and 1x full raid to do before I go away for work next week. really want to get it done.

lol ouch! I feel your pain

Still not sure if this hold true, but you can also just play Crucible if you enjoy that and it would have take a out 6 hours to reach level 20(previous cap). Since that has been doubled, I would imagine it would take a bit longer.

In the end, I would do story content so you can unlock the end game.

Yeah story seems like the quickest path. Thanks!

Using 25 boost main story leaves you at 36-37 and then just grind strikes or do side stuff.

Ive already used it on another character unfortunately :/ I wish you could buy those things from a vendor.

Namikaze1

And Dead Orbit quest complete. I wanna say thanks to Lnkn and LiK for helping me with the strikes requirements and Deku and AquaticApe for the crucible requirements.

Now I have to go do some chores.

Top Bottom