• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

FatBaby

Whew. Spent like 5 hours on the raid from Totems and got all the way to Oryx before everyone wanted to call it quits. Got some pretty decent loot... ghost shell, boots, shotgun... enough to get me to light level 300. Maybe see about finishing up the raid tomorrow or something.

Pretty fun... someone mentioned it earlier but yeah, it's nice that everyone has a role similar to VoG rather than just the lone sword super star in Crota.

This is the new exotic 3oC grind.

1) pop a 3oC
2) do PoE 28
3) make 3-7 strange coins, some motes, and other junk
4) return to step 1.

You make a lot more than seven strange coins doing five PoE 28, so it's profitable and you get exotics chances.

Does it use only on the final boss?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
VoG is still the best raid.

Kind of agree mostly because I think Sisters and Oryx just kind of suck from a design perspective. They make me dread doing the raid with first-timers because I know there's a good chance it will take for fucking ever, not because it's actually hard in really interesting, fun ways, but because it emphasizes aspects of the game that aren't its strong suit (platforming, jumping in a certain goddamn order, running in circles because fuck you).

However, I prefer the non-boss aspects of KF by a large margin. Also I think Oracles/Conflux/Templar is fucking boring as shit and takes waaaay too long.

Finished my 3rd King's Fall. Got 308 arms, 305 Ghost, 305 Handcannon, and 310 Warlock Bond :D
All my characters are now 300+ on without swapping gear.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone ever seen a blank perk on a weapon? I noticed today that a scout rifle I got on Armsday has one...

CQa5MHZUcAAExI4.jpg

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Boy Destiny has come a long way from "Dismantle mines, yeeees" in such a short time.

I still think a PoE - like mode could be really awesome it just needs more randomness and replayability. Something in between CoO and PoE.

MrDaravon

Alright, trying this again since I unexpectedly have time to play tonight: Anyone looking to do either a fresh KF run and/or Nightfalls? I need all 3 Nightfalls, and haven't touched the Raid this week. PSN: MrDaravon

Boy Destiny has come a long way from "Dismantle mines, yeeees" in such a short time.

I still think a PoE - like mode could be really awesome it just needs more randomness and replayability. Something in between CoO and PoE.

And bigger open areas, and more enemy types. I wanna fight giant Hive worms, I wanna fight huge Vex ships, I wanna fight monolithic Cabal ships.

The more enemy variety there is, the more fun a mode like PoE could be. And bigger areas, not that small little pea shaped arena.

Klyka

Banned
And bigger open areas, and more enemy types. I wanna fight giant Hive worms, I wanna fight huge Vex ships, I wanna fight monolithic Cabal ships.

The more enemy variety there is, the more fun a mode like PoE could be. And bigger areas, not that small little pea shaped arena.

Dismantle Last Gen, yeeeeeesssss?

Highwind

My buddy has me holding onto the Black Spindle but idk.

He says its good for bosses and raids but with the nerf coming I don't wanna miss an opportunity to make another weapon better (can infuse it into my Invective to bring it up to 308).

What do, DGAF?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Dismantle Last Gen, yeeeeeesssss?

God if only. Not thrilled with the idea of a brand-new box called "Destiny 2" next year, except that it'll probably finally leave those old systems behind. IT BETTER. If it happens.

It'll happen

I am willing to help out. let me know before hand if you want it spoiler free or not.

Thank you for the raid experience!

Had a blast - Couldn't have had a better team (ruthless and Kyofu, too!)

I know Antheia enjoyed as did Digit.

Many thanks!

Add them, they're not Gaffer's but they love gaming!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
My buddy has me holding onto the Black Spindle but idk.

He says its good for bosses and raids but with the nerf coming I don't wanna miss an opportunity to make another weapon better (can infuse it into my Invective to bring it up to 308).

What do, DGAF?

Well for one thing, don't infuse it into another exotic, because those have a high chance to decrypt at 310 once you're over 300. Instead, take a really good Legendary like 1000-yard stare and put it into that.

Zomba13

Quick question: I heard that Bungie are holding some Exotics back from the Exotic Engram pool for a while. Is this true? When I heard this could they have just been talking about you being unable to get certain Quest Exotics like the Sleeper Simulant and Tlaloc?

Basically, Should I decrypt my pile of Exotic Engrams now or later?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Dismantle mantle, yes?
Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle Dismantle

Highwind

Well for one thing, don't infuse it into another exotic, because those have a high chance to decrypt at 310 once you're over 300. Instead, take a really good Legendary like 1000-yard stare and put it into that.

Ah, ok.

I have the 1000-yard stare from a drop at 278 and a Conspiracy Theory-D sitting at 292 attack. It'd take too long to bring up the 1YS and I am sure the Spindle will get nerfed by the time I can get the full benefits of infusing with the CTD.

Buunnggiiieeee!

MrDaravon

LFG posts are all over the place right now for Raid stuff, seems mostly like people who have done it a bunch and have high requirements, or people who haven't done it before. Kind of a mess.

Edit: Top of page hype

NGlSADw.gif

rc213

Ah, ok.

I have the 1000-yard stare from a drop at 278 and a Conspiracy Theory-D sitting at 292 attack. It'd take too long to bring up the 1YS and I am sure the Spindle will get nerfed by the time I can get the full benefits of infusing with the CTD.

Buunnggiiieeee!

Buy a bunch of black spindles from your collection they come at 300 light, 2500 glimmer. Infuse, Party!

If you are lucky enough to have gotten a Black Spindle none of your special weapons should be anything but 300 light.

I even have a few junk legendaries in my vault at 300 just in case I get a great gun that needs infusing.

Top Bottom