• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tecnniqe

Banned
So here is what I think: keep in mind these are just my thoughts with no inside information:

The release date of the hard raid
(and hopefully the challenge mode raid
) will be announced in the next weekly update on Thursday Oct. 8. It will be either Tuesday Oct. 19 or Friday Oct 23.
The hard raid will hopefully be 300 light and scale to 310 light at Oryx, and will be do able by a team of 300+ light. Or it will be 310 and scale to 320 (which would be much worse). Hopefully the hard raid drops guaranteed 310 equipment. (Or otherwise Bungie has some completely different light level progression system in store for the hard raid... Being able to level beyond 310 light?)

I really hope they allow revives this time in the hard raid. Pro players still die a lot in the normal mode raid, and most of the encounters really can't be completed down one. So every single death would essentially be a wipe. Ugh.

The next Iron Banner starting Oct. 13 will drop 280 weapons and armor,
or RNG power weapons and armor that can not go above 300 light.

Trials, starting Oct. 16 will drop RNG power (300-310?) weapon and armor. I'd guess an armor piece at five wins, a weapon at seven wins, and maybe a guaranteed 310 weapon or armor for a flawless victory. Other match wins drop cosmetic or other non-weapons and armor stuff.

And PvE players will want to rush to trials to gear up for the Hard Raid.

PvP and PvE should not be crossing each other like that. Having to rush trials as a raider to get gear for a raid is silly.

I hope PvP gear dont drop at 310 tbh. 290-300 is fine.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I've been leveling the remaining nodes on my Sunbreaker.... man.... it takes so damn long. Then I need to do my warlock, guess I'll just grind out strikes for xp and loot.

Yeah I'm doing that too. I really hate it. Also does anyone else feels there's a lot of named enemies around today? Maybe I'm only just noticing them but it seems weird.

Namikaze1

We are still looking for one more for a flawless run that will take place either next Saturday (October 10) or as early as later on today. Current team consists of the following gaffers:

Drizzay
Unstable
Afro
Wicked
Myself

Unstable will be streaming of course.

Still looking for one more. We can start any time after 1 PM EST if we can get a full team going.

GlamFM

Banned
So here is what I think: keep in mind these are just my thoughts with no inside information:

) will be announced in the next weekly update on Thursday Oct. 8. It will be either Tuesday Oct. 19 or Friday Oct 23.
The hard raid will hopefully be 300 light and scale to 310 light at Oryx, and will be do able by a team of 300+ light. Or it will be 310 and scale to 320 (which would be much worse). Hopefully the hard raid drops guaranteed 310 equipment. (Or otherwise Bungie has some completely different light level progression system in store for the hard raid... Being able to level beyond 310 light?)

I really hope they allow revives this time in the hard raid. Pro players still die a lot in the normal mode raid, and most of the encounters really can't be completed down one. So every single death would essentially be a wipe. Ugh.

Trials, starting Oct. 16 will drop RNG power (300-310?) weapon and armor. I'd guess an armor piece at five wins, a weapon at seven wins, and maybe a guaranteed 310 weapon or armor for a flawless victory. Other match wins drop cosmetic or other non-weapons and armor stuff.

Every piece of gear, every gun in the Raid has an alternate version according to the database.

I could see this stuff still dropping between 300 and 310, but with a bonus perk.

Bogeypop

Just got my Warlock alt NF and Raid ready. To tired for raiding right now, but does anyone need to do the Nightfall or want to help my Warlock do it?

noomi

Lord Saladin will sell 280 light stuff.

This is some good speculation!

As far as hard mode goes, I wouldn't mind waiting a few more weeks for it. I'm still trying to gear up my main and alts and have some crucible quests to go through.

Also with Trials and Iron Banner returning, I feel like we will have plenty to keep us busy until then.

Really curious to see what kind of variations are introduced in hard mode/challenge mode though :D

Deku Tree

PvP and PvE should not be crossing each other like that. Having to rush trials as a raider to get gear for a raid is silly.

I hope PvP gear dont drop at 310 tbh. 290-300 is fine.

I agree. But I'm not sure that Bungie feels that way... They want to motivate as many people as possible to rush Trials.

Every piece of gear, every gun in the Raid has an alternate version according to the database.

I could see this stuff still dropping between 300 and 310, but with a bonus perk.

That was also true for VoG but we've never seen the second set of VoG armor.

M.D

I picked up TTK from the store! Can anyone add me so we can play sometime? my PSN ID is Moti_D

Also, got a question - I installed and played TTK demo from PSN, is there anything I need to do or do I just put in the disc and it will use that data?

I picked up TTK from the store! Can anyone add me so we can play sometime? my PSN ID is Moti_D

Also, got a question - I installed and played TTK demo from PSN, is there anything I need to do or do I just put in the disc and it will use that data?
Should just use the demo data.

EL CUCO

What's up with this Tread Upon Stars scout rifle I keep getting from the Strikes?

It's dropping as a boss reward. The weapon feels pretty good. With the right perks it could be a strong contender for a VoC substitute (minus the element, of course)

Edit: I see its a Cabal themed weapon. Pretty standard looking though.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Playing the story has gives me more exotics per coin than strikes over and over
CQeWF4cVEAEnzjR.jpg:large

M.D

Should just use the demo data.

Hmm I just realized I bought a EU copy and my main account is US, will need to check that and also remember to purchase and future DLC on my EU account

Is there any region lock as far as matching with other people?

Edit: The thing where you activate DLC on a PSN account from one region but then can access the game and DLC with an account from another region still works, right?

Namikaze1

Spot going still
I'm up if still on?
You're the first to quote that post. Spot is still open. We got a gazer for Golgoroth. All you or anyone else who wants to be our 6th needs to know is how to do the jumping puzzles and the daughters relic mechanics if ever taken. Just that. I don't know who will be on relic duty during Oryx. I've done it plenty of times myself. We will decide on that later. But if you want in, you got it. We can do it today but it'll have to be before 8PM EST.

Deku Tree

So still nobody solved the dunking puzzle?

Maybe it has something to do with how good you do at beating the previous bosses or parts of the raid. IMO It wouldn't be accessible in NM if it only did anything in HM. Probably it's sort of like the beat the Templar without any teleports chest. You may need to satisfy some criteria on the earlier bosses.

Tovarisc

So how many of you think that Iron Banner will actually give gear rewards for winning and/or doing well in matches, and not force you to do mark grinding to get gear from vendor? Personally I expect one coin and/or mote once in a 10+ matches and 95% of gear needs to be mark grinded if you actually want it all.

Playing story missing in order for some reason. 2 for 2 so far today.
Gatelord and Draksis :D

Im 99% sure its due to cooldown they put in and 1% sure its RNB
ullshit

Not a bad idea as both are relatively easy to get to the ultra.

Should try some type of circuit of doing them one after another, maybe sprinkle a bit of ultra knight from the dread in there.

Sounds like a recipe for insanity and a possible side of exotics. :-]

Is anyone working on the PVP quest line for the NF rewards? I am on the win 3x games and get 6x kills with an Auto Rifle. I am thinking about trying to finish the rest of that today and wouldn't mind teaming up with some folks.

Edit: I'm guessing rumble is the way to go if I am doing it solo?

Top Bottom