• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

SeanR1221

Welp, forgot to log on through my Vita yesterday and buy more coins from Xur. Oh well.

My buddy, who quit at level 20 due to the goofy original light system, re bought the full package yesterday. I'm excited to take him through now that engrams drop like candy and the new light system is way better.

Demoskinos

So, I havent played Destiny since year one before any of the DLC hit. I bought TTK and started a new character and progressed through all the lower tier stuff. I'm at the point I can start TTK proper now. Would it be worth the time to go beat the first two raids or should I just skip it and go into TKK proper?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So, I havent played Destiny since year one before any of the DLC hit. I bought TTK and started a new character and progressed through all the lower tier stuff. I'm at the point I can start TTK proper now. Would it be worth the time to go beat the first two raids or should I just skip it and go into TKK proper?
You don't have to do the first two raids. Just do all the new content.

Anyone have a guide showing which quest lines are needed for an alt? I just ran through the story last night on my Titan and want to be as efficient as possible getting up to an Exotic Sword, unlocking all necessary locations, and procuring my 300 and 310 artifacts.

phen0m24

First thing you should do, for sure, is go to the front page of the thread and sign up for a noobie raid with Hawkian. They are awesome as Hawk teaches you through one of the first two raids on alternating weeks (Thurs nights).

I have done it, my son has and real life friends have. You will make new friends and have a blast! :)

Daemul

Yo man, I went into Mayhem to try and do the Golden Gun multikill bounty I've held onto for a while and lordy lawd, Nightstalkers are everywhere and they're are a pain in the ass. Everytime I would pop my super and look for kills to get the bounty done, there would always be a Nightstalker there to ruin my day and pull me out of super, every, fucking, time. I would get one kill and then be suddenly stopped by a Shadowshot, it was rage inducing.

Fucking wannabe Robin Hoods constantly trolling me and stopping my runs, I swear they keep their super saved specifically for me. As a follow wannabe Robin Hood I'm also proud of them though, they're representing the Hunter master class well by trolling the shit out of everyone in Mayhem, the tears, including my own, that I've seen online have been delicious.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You don't have to but I would because they are fun. VoG is still the best content in Destiny.

noomi

Anyone have a guide showing which quest lines are needed for an alt? I just ran through the story last night on my Titan and want to be as efficient as possible getting up to an Exotic Sword, unlocking all necessary locations, and procuring my 300 and 310 artifacts.

Taken Wars and Blighted Wars, after you completed those you will get another quest (Road to Kings Fall?)cto collect items from raid bosses, after that you get the 310 artifact.

Full Kings Fall Raid from last Tuesday, little over an hour long. Would have been quicker if not for some of my derpy mistakes, and skipping the moldering shard chests. In all fairness I was playing on my warlock :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOno6vMlHLw

Hah, I didn't even catch that :p

Looks like a blast to cruise through like that. Every run I've been on has had at least one newb (which is great, but just slows it down a bit due to explaining).

Why didn't you put the new 308 ghost shell on? Did you need the wormspore perk that badly?

Destiny severely needs a Transmogrification system.

I'm sitting here ready to level up my Warlock in TTK and each armor slot has at least 4 pieces of legendary gear I don't want to delete.

The new gear is great but

Vault of Glass
Crotas End
Prison of Elders
Iron Banner Set 1
Iron Banner Set 2
Queens Wrath
Trails of Osiris

All this gear is entirely useless now and it would be great to keep it around so I can mix and match for aesthetic reasons. Infusion does half a job since Year 1 gear doesn't apply.

All legendary gear should add to a "Vanity list" when it first drops. From that point on it's model should be equip-able at any time replacing the current equipped items appearance.

Move Eva from that disgusting corner and open up the doorway at the bottom right of the stairs in the connecting hallway between Tower Plaze and Tower North.

Put Eva and Have Jacques the Awoken Stylist in the newly opened area. Eva can be a vendor / Transmog whore and Jacques can allow us to remodel our characters appearance/hair style.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Red bull cans for costumes

ZnNKd.gif

noomi

Looks like a blast to cruise through like that. Every run I've been on has had at least one newb (which is great, but just slows it down a bit due to explaining).

Why didn't you put the new 308 ghost shell on? Did you need the wormspore perk that badly?

We had a pro team that night, and have been raiding together since release so everyone knows their parts pretty well. Very thankful for that :p

I infused the 302 ghost shell with the 308 one. Figured that the 302 kings shell was already fully level and I didnt want to lose that progress. Thankfully infusing the 302 with the 308, actually brought it to 308...

Sometimes infusion confuses me lol, there have been other times where i would only gain a few light levels.

We had a pro team that night, and have been raiding together since release so everyone knows their parts pretty well. Very thankful for that :p

I infused the 302 ghost shell with the 308 one. Figured that the 302 kings shell was already fully level and I didnt want to lose that progress. Thankfully infusing the 302 with the 308, actually brought it to 308...

Sometimes infusion confuses me lol, there have been other times where i would only gain a few light levels.

Ah. I really don't care about a leveled ghost. I'd be too worried to lose light during infusion to even try a 6 point jump on a shell. Worked for you though.

Kensuke

Starting new PSN raid in a few minutes. Everyone 285+ is welcome to join.

1. Wretched_Walrus (me)
2. Fox-aiv3
3. Slaziman

Anyone else finding antiquated ruins to be somewhat of a bust? I can't transfer them to an alt that needs them, and most of the time my reward from using an antiquated ruin is another antiquated ruin. CoO is fun, but "Hey, you won! Here, you can play again." is kind of beat.

I've been stuck around 270 light for quite some time now. All my blue engram drops are giving me low level boots/helmets.. Any tips on getting that last 10 or so light so I can start doing Nightfall?

Anyone else finding antiquated ruins to be somewhat of a bust? I can't transfer them to an alt that needs them, and most of the time my reward from using an antiquated ruin is another antiquated ruin. CoO is fun, but "Hey, you won! Here, you can play again." is kind of beat.
You can transfer them if you don't power them up. If they're 0/3, they can be put in the vault.

Kydd BlaZe

So my exotic sword quest just glitched.

I took out the Knight mini boss on the dreadnaught, went back to the tower and turned the quest in to Lord Shaxx.

He gave me the continuation of the quest, but not for just for one sword! I've only been working on my Void sword this entire time, but he gave me the "Gather resources and Ability kills" quest for both the Void AND Arc exotic swords...despite my Arc sword being totally on another character.

WTF?!

Looks like I just skipped a ton of steps for my Arc exotic sword lol.

I've been stuck around 270 light for quite some time now. All my blue engram drops are giving me low level boots/helmets.. Any tips on getting that last 10 or so light so I can start doing Nightfall?
Do court of Oryx + Buy exotics/Three of coins from Xur. There's some court of Oryx quest that gives you a 300 artifact. Do the Sword quest. It's relatively easy to go from 270 to 290 or so. Just give it time and keep playing and RNG will eventually be good to you.

dk_

Bought the legendary friday and it's so awesome. I guess it was the right decision to wait a year until everything settled.

Top Bottom