• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is it possible to farm the crucible kills with the sword for the exotic? Like get a fireteam together and kill each other in Rumble?

xinek

Cool

1. Nighthawk17
2. Crusocus

I'm down, but I've never completed Daughters and haven't seen Oryx yet. So no worries if you want to bump me if someone more experienced comes along. Also, I only have until about 12:30 Central, 3 hours from now. If that's enough time, then cool :)

PSN legilimens. Coming online in about 3 min.

Jabronium

Is it possible to farm the crucible kills with the sword for the exotic? Like get a fireteam together and kill each other in Rumble?

Should be doable, I think someone was trying to get a team together last night to do just that. I finished that part last night on my titan in the classic playlist and was surprised it only took a few games, wasn't nearly as bad as I feared going in.

FeD.nL

Finally did the raid. Was pretty fun, took us around 3 hours. Got the following:

307 Doom of Chelchis with Life support
306 Chasm of Yuul with Scout/Sniper ammo
303 Zaouli's Bane
300 Bane of the Wormlore

So not too bad I guess.

Ok. Enough of this PVP nonsense. I am going for a run to clear my head. When I get back, I am forming a GAF PVP train for clash. So if anyone else needs PVP related quests sign up below. I will send out invites around 10:30-11am CST

Let's show Lord Shax how GAF gets his questline done

1.DirtyAquaticApe

shermas

I was trying to do this on xbox... instead, I went into the mayhem clash list last night and, because of the constant heavy ammo respawns and 6v6 playlist, I got the sword kills in 3 or 4 matches.

There are people flying all over the place and, depending on the maps, the other team can really bunch up. I think I got a 7 or 8 sword kill streak at one point. And I'm awful at PvP most of the time.

Spat_triate

I just got this game with the PS4 Destiny bundle. I must be getting duller with age because everything seems so confusing. What is Light level and why does it matter? I'm doing the story missions but leveling is slow. What's the best way to get xp/loot? Strikes? Patrols? Lastly, how can I join the GAF community? I was never big with console gaming so my PS4 friends list is quite small. Thanks!

Praise the lord the sword glitch worked, I'm guessing as long as none of the bubbles are filled your good

Knocked out the 500 Void, Solar and Arc kids in one sitting in the warmind (took about 90 mins) enjoy some sunshine then farm the materials

TsuWave

i thought they said the reworked their rng or w/e so stuff like this wouldn't happen but exotic engrams keep giving me weapons/armor i already have and so does the raid. 4 doom of chelchis scout rifles and the other day i ran through the raid getting nothing but shards. this shit is awful, i might even say its worse than how it used to be.

Hagi

Is anyone still doing the taken earth quest? I'm trying to kill the second champion in the divide but can't get him to spawn for some reason. Might be because I'm the only person there at the moment.

X-Frame

52:20 here Luke Smith says there is only one exotic titan chest piece available currently in TTK, meaning the Twilight Garrison isn't available yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB4l75akRQs

Except it is in the game because someone has it, so I really don't know what is going on. Why are half of the exotics not in the game yet? If they want to stagger the release of exotics so people don't get burnt out then okay, but it seems strange to advertise exotics in their TTK trailers and not have them be in the game right now.

Omni

lol. I should have done that >.>

Instead it took five matches where I went horrendously negative while trying to hit people with the handle. At the end I was just throwing myself at people. GG, Bungie.

i thought they said the reworked their rng or w/e so stuff like this wouldn't happen but exotic engrams keep giving me weapons/armor i already have and so does the raid. 4 doom of chelchis scout rifles and the other day i ran through the raid getting nothing but shards. this shit is awful, i might even say its worse than how it used to be.

I think that only applies to the faction rewards. You wont get the same shaders or ships from factions anymore.

Finally did the raid. Was pretty fun, took us around 3 hours. Got the following:

303 Zaouli's Bane
300 Bane of the Wormlore

So not too bad I guess.

Those numbers are NUTS for the first time doing the raid.

Mupod

I just hit 25 on my hunter alt - should I start burning 3oC's now while I do strikes/story stuff? I'd be saving the engrams for post-300, of course. Just realized I never looked into whether it matters what level the Ultra you killed is, but I have gotten plenty of 310 engrams from farming Taken Champions on patrol.

52:20 here Luke Smith says there is only one exotic titan chest piece available currently in TTK, meaning the Twilight Garrison isn't available yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB4l75akRQs

A reddit user also found someone wearing ATS/8 Tarantella and posting about it on Bnet.

Either Luke is lying and they are both available or the Bnet user is lying.

It's a pretty safe assumption that lots of year 2 exotics are in the game and just entirely unlockable so when the next DLC rolls around or the next event they can say "Now you can gain X, Y and Z" Trickle feeding the population to retain their attention.

MidnightWatcher

Neo Member
Is anyone still doing the taken earth quest? I'm trying to kill the second champion in the divide but can't get him to spawn for some reason. Might be because I'm the only person there at the moment.

I'll help you out. I'm currently just pottering about in Destiny at the moment. Are you on PSN? If so my ID is MAX3010

303 Zaouli's Bane
300 Bane of the Wormlore

So not too bad I guess.

Holy shit I've run it three times up to Oryx and gotten a 300 ghost and the Titan mark that's it.

Damn feels bad

I just got this game with the PS4 Destiny bundle. I must be getting duller with age because everything seems so confusing. What is Light level and why does it matter? I'm doing the story missions but leveling is slow. What's the best way to get xp/loot? Strikes? Patrols? Lastly, how can I join the GAF community? I was never big with console gaming so my PS4 friends list is quite small. Thanks!

What level are you currently? Light level determines your attack and defense. The higher the better. Even tho level 40 is "max" its not. The current "max" would be level 40 with something like ~305 light level. Yeah feel free to spam these threads :p Send me a PM with your PSN and I can invite you to the DGAF PS4 community.

edit: will be about ~2 more days before I go thro the list however I will be inviting people here and there..currently busy with RL things and extremely sleep deprived..with another 3 days left..meh...

Trakan

What's up with this Tread Upon Stars scout rifle I keep getting from the Strikes?

It's dropping as a boss reward. The weapon feels pretty good. With the right perks it could be a strong contender for a VoC substitute (minus the element, of course)

Edit: I see its a Cabal themed weapon. Pretty standard looking though.

It's a Vision clone that can roll random perks just like the FB clone.

Are you planning to do all taken quest today? I am up to mars, we could team up and complete it together make it easier on ourselves.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Do you have to do the strikes from the playlist to get exclusive drops or can you just do the strikes from normal over and over for what you want?

Arrrammis

Except it is in the game because someone has it, so I really don't know what is going on. Why are half of the exotics not in the game yet? If they want to stagger the release of exotics so people don't get burnt out then okay, but it seems strange to advertise exotics in their TTK trailers and not have them be in the game right now.
I would assume they might be in the game as random drops, just not available via engrams (like bad juju and red death, which are available as drops or from the kiosk, but not from engrams). They might also be holding off on some exotics to avoid people getting everything via some crazy farming method (looking at you, 3OC+Draksis/Gatelord).

Or they might have quests for exotic armor now instead of just weapons!

Top Bottom