• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Full raid for the first time last night. Awesome experience! Had a great group that took the time to show those of us who were new every chest and fragment. Got a 310 ghost shell the rocket launcher and pulse riffle putting me at 301.

Now I have it down looking toward to running it again and helping others!

MikeyMike

Anyone down for a raid? Looking to run the whole thing on my alt.

Fresh raid on ps4.

1. Gdt5016

Please quote and add your PSN to the list.

It would be my first time but I've seen most of the strats on twitch... Light 297 Hunter or Titan.

PSN : MikeGaum1984

BraXzy

I play with a casual group of guys at work and it's a combination of skill and gear holding us back. We can't seem to get past the first dps check in the oryx fight. We will get it though we learned every other encounter blind and got this far. They are my buddies, my fire team and I wouldn't want to play with anyone else for the first time.

If that makes sense.

I have well over 20 smoldering shards so hopefully when we do get him I can get some stuff.

That's completely fair enough :)

Fingers crossed you get some good loot eventually. So long as you keep working at your light level you should be fine.

Flawless jumping puzzles.

Dat pressure.

Not gonna even attempt something like that on my Hunter. I NEVER make the jumps first time on him.

Can someone explain how I can skip the 25 PvP kills step for the exotic sword?

I think it goes like this:

Get the quest on one character and complete every part until the part where you have to farm planet mats and ability kills.

Move your 2 swords over from your over two characters, upgrade them to 280+ attack and fully upgrade each node on the same character as the first sword, you'll get their quests as well starting at the planet mats/ability kills part.

There's a way to do it, if you've already completed it once on your first sword.
You transfer your sword to a character that already did the exotic sword quest. Upgrade the sword to 280+ and fill in all the upgrade nodes. Shaxx will give you the quest for the final step in the exotic quest.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Can someone explain how I can skip the 25 PvP kills step for the exotic sword?

As far as I know you can only skip the PvP section on the two other swords. You basically do the following:
  • Finish the PvP step for a sword on one character.
  • Transfer swords from other characters to the character with the PvP step completed.
  • Fully upgrade the transferred swords, infuse above 280 and talk to Shaxx.

EL CUCO

As far as I know you can only skip the PvP section on the two other swords. You basically do the following:
  • Transfer swords from other characters to the character with the PvP step completed.
You transfer your sword to a character that already did the exotic sword quest. Upgrade the sword to 280+ and fill in all the upgrade nodes. Shaxx will give you the quest for the final step in the exotic quest.

Ah ok. I thought I had to move the previous exotic sword to the character that was doing the quest for the new sword, but this makes more sense.

Thanks!

FatBaby

Anyone need an extra member or want to start a group to kill Oyrx? He is the last guy I need to kill for my first run through the raid. Would appreciate some help to knock him out for good.

PSN: FatBaby

I am assuming you done talk to shaxx when you finish the pvp step until AFTER you have transferred the swords over from your other two characters?

You're the first to quote that post. Spot is still open. We got a gazer for Golgoroth. All you or anyone else who wants to be our 6th needs to know is how to do the jumping puzzles and the daughters relic mechanics if ever taken. Just that. I don't know who will be on relic duty during Oryx. I've done it plenty of times myself. We will decide on that later. But if you want in, you got it. We can do it today but it'll have to be before 8PM EST.
I'm ever so sorry just saw that post i got into a other group.

Deku Tree

Oh so now any class can completely solo all six rounds of Skolas since at least for now you can block the devouring essence with your sword.

I'd like to attempt the raid (finally) - my other 1/2 and I are finally at the light level, and would be our first run. Anybody up to run the raid? Need 4...

Pacificsun0481

PS4

You're the first to quote that post. Spot is still open. We got a gazer for Golgoroth. All you or anyone else who wants to be our 6th needs to know is how to do the jumping puzzles and the daughters relic mechanics if ever taken. Just that. I don't know who will be on relic duty during Oryx. I've done it plenty of times myself. We will decide on that later. But if you want in, you got it. We can do it today but it'll have to be before 8PM EST.

I'm down to raid, know all the fights.

Psn: PerilousInJ

arimanius

So can you transfer your sword back to another character to finish the quest line or do you have to finish it on the character you transferee the sword to?

Schryver

So you definitely need rank 3 with Queens Wrath for Boolean Gemini right? Interesting thing happened last night where I was dong the first step of Lost and Found in the Court when I got the item for the 2nd step and basically skipped the first step. Hope that doesn't screw me or something

I'd like to attempt the raid (finally) - my other 1/2 and I are finally at the light level, and would be our first run. Anybody up to run the raid? Need 4...

Pacificsun0481

PS4

I may be able to join in 10-15 minutes if you don't mind waiting. I'm not a complete newbie, but I was drunk on my first run lol

]Who wants to start raid from Daughters onwards. Need 5, will start right when I get 5.

1.Me
2.eighty(one)
3.eighty(one) friend

I think that is the updated list. Would probably prefer some experience players for the final few spots..
Quote to see my psn

Deku Tree

NF really needs MM. Now that there is no wipe to orbit, there is no excuse. It is really easy mode NF now, and the rewards also usually stink.

Strider

Lemme guess.. Hawkmoon/TLW?

Suros.

I've gotten Suros in almost every primary exotic engram I've gotten so far in TTK (Got Hawkmoon once and TLW once). I also got a Suros from NF.

This is all after I bought Suros from the kiosk as my first Exotic... Yea...

NF really needs MM. Now that there is no wipe to orbit, there is no excuse. It is really easy mode NF now, and the rewards also usually stink.
Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing right now. You go through all that drama for 13 strange coins, sometimes even ONE coin! Though I did get the Telesto on my last one; really wanted that gun.

]Who wants to start raid from Daughters onwards. Need 5, will start right when I get 5.

1.Me
2.eighty(one)
3.eighty(one) friend
4.PerilousInJ

I think that is the updated list. Would probably prefer some experience players for the final few spots..
Quote to see my psn

Actually go ahead and invite me. I doubt I'll have time any other day to finish the raid before reset anyways

Deku Tree

Excellent, Eva is selling Echo of Shattered Suns today. Down to 4 emblems left with her now.

I need two. She hasn't sold either one that I need since TTK launched.

Also the ships for sale rotation is extremely slow. I am missing a bunch of those still too...

Top Bottom