• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

I would rather spend a week straight farming mats than trying to get these sword kills.

Rumble is garbage because everyone already uses shotguns. Impossible to get a kill that way. Literally can only get it on people who aren't paying attention to me.

The key is to play like a sneaky, campy, bastard. Camp corners and use the 3rd person PoV to your advantage. Crouch and wait for someone to run by before you deliver your wrath.

Also remember you can block.

neoism

tumblr_neinni9lRZ1qh59n0o6_500.gif

arimanius

I would rather spend a week straight farming mats than trying to get these sword kills.

Rumble is garbage because everyone already uses shotguns. Impossible to get a kill that way. Literally can only get it on people who aren't paying attention to me.

I had luck getting my kills in control. Was able to get a couple every time taking a control point. Just never go alone.

To skip the kill grind for the exotic sword quest you just transfer the sword to a character that has already completed the quest right?

I moved my void sword to my main, filled up the bubbles, got it to 280 and no exotic quest prompt.

Mupod

The key is to play like a sneaky, campy, bastard. Camp corners and use the 3rd person PoV to your advantage. Crouch and wait for someone to run by before you deliver your wrath.

even that's not enough to deal with shotguns, they are faster than a sword swing. But yes blocking is the key. Or just hope you get in a match against actual babies and get like 12 sword kills in one round.

Hung Wei Lo

..fuuuuuuuuuck really? Too late now haha

Wasn't as bad as I thought ( as a non-pvper) averaged about a kill a match and ended up bailing early on a few once people realized I was an easy kill

So to make sure I don't have to suffer again in crucible, what do I have to ensure so I can farm for the next few weeks?

I heard you can score skills even if your sword doesnt have ammo as long as you get the kill

To skip the kill grind for the exotic sword quest you just transfer the sword to a character that has already completed the quest right?

I moved my void sword to my main, filled up the bubbles, got it to 280 and no exotic quest prompt.
You need at least 285 for the final bubble to appear.

....I just went into a free-for-all match with two buddies and killed them over and over with thew hilt.

Repaid the favor when they got the quest.

I'd feel bad for cheesing if I didn't feel that 'get such and such kills with a specific weapon in PvP' is an inherently stupid design that undermines the enjoyment of the match for everybody playing, going all the way back to the days of the Gears of War weapon-specific achievements.

Tovarisc

You don't get prompt, just go to talk with Shaxx and quest should be there. Also make sure you have that hidden bubble from sword purchased.

even that's not enough to deal with shotguns, they are faster than a sword swing. But yes blocking is the key. Or just hope you get in a match against actual babies and get like 12 sword kills in one round.

Shotguns are definitely your biggest threat. Probably play a classic playlist where the competition is a bit easier and don't expect to get it done until after a few matches.

I really want to beat Oryx tonight, anyone running the raid and need one more? I also have the Oryx checkpoint if anyone wants to bring a group to beat him.

How many fragments are in the raid 3 or 4? I have the one from the chest and the war priest room. The two I am missing are in Golgoroth's maze right?

BLCKATK

Anyone up for the raid on PS4 starting at Golgoroth? I have the checkpoint. Hoping to start in half an hour.

Add yourself to the list and add my on psn if you're interested (psn: mandiller)

1. Mandiller
2. Citzen_Insane
3. Azys_ (BLCKATK)

Hey I'd love to go with you guys. My PSN is Azys_. Just running out and picking up some take out for the family, shouldn't be longer than 20-30 minutes. If that doesn't work feel free to replace me.

man, my internet connection has been perfectly fine but i've been getting a lot of oryx groups where everything is just lagging and glitching out for everyone. hopefully tomorrow night after work i can finish this oryx checkpoint i'm on before reset. bums me out.

EL CUCO

1 hour and 45 min of my life wasted farming exotic sword mats on the moon. Probably could've finished a KF run with that time. It definitely could've been longer if I didn't have the perfect spawn location on one of those nodes.

Also, two dropped after 3 grabs. Felt like the luckiest man on the planet when that happened.

I heard you can score skills even if your sword doesnt have ammo as long as you get the kill

You can do that, but do it in rumble and make sure you leave your pride somewhere where you can find it later Kappa. It's also pretty slow so you'll definitely need to get the jump on your enemies or hope they are doing the same thing.

Deku Tree

1 hour and 45 min of my life wasted farming exotic sword mats in the moon. Probably could've finished a KF run with that time. It definitely could've been longer if I didn't have the perfect spawn location on one of those nodes.

Also, two dropped after 3 grabs. Felt like the luckiest man on the planet when that happened.

Yeah that's about the amount of time it took me each time (done it for all three swords by now), or maybe a little less. I wasn't really paying too close attention. Was horrible, but wasn't as bad as most people are making it sound.

Mupod

I just did the story mission where you steal the cloaking codes back from Rasputin, and I swear the last time I did this at the very end something different happened. The floor in front of the terminal was actually an elevator and it brought me downstairs to fight some more dudes before the mission ended. I'm pretty sure I wasn't that drunk that I'd make this up....maybe it was a different mission?

I just did the story mission where you steal the cloaking codes back from Rasputin, and I swear the last time I did this at the very end something different happened. The floor in front of the terminal was actually an elevator and it brought me downstairs to fight some more dudes before the mission ended. I'm pretty sure I wasn't that drunk that I'd make this up....maybe it was a different mission?

That's a special version of it from the Eris questline.

Same mission but that one you're talking about is a part of an Eris quest. You only ride the elevator down during that specific quest. Otherwise it just ends when you reach that final room.

Need one for Oryx, waiting at the boss. Experience is welcome, but we'll take anyone right now. With appropriate light level of course! PSN is perineumlick.

mandiller

Hey I'd love to go with you guys. My PSN is Azys_. Just running out and picking up some take out for the family, shouldn't be longer than 20-30 minutes. If that doesn't work feel free to replace me.

Sure sounds good. Looks like we need just three more people for the raid, starting at Golgoroth

1. Mandiller
2. Citzen_Insane
3. Azys_ (BLCKATK)

Sure sounds good. Looks like we need just three more people for the raid, starting at Golgoroth

1. Mandiller
2. Citzen_Insane
3. Azys_ (BLCKATK)

I may have only till 9 or so to play and I am inexperienced in the raid. But I'm level 295 and if you tell me what to do I will do it. Want me?

Top Bottom