• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Yeah.

Like, these events are fine, but having these events replace static PvE content, and then tying alot of microtransactions to these events falls ill with me.
It comes across less "Here's some new content!" and more "Buy some silver!"
The long term effect is that instead of players being excited for that new content they'll be looking for the microtransacted catch.

This would be solved by maintaining a steady supply of eververse content without trying to nickle and dime the events themselves.

As much as some don't like the random pack method I was never worried about the 'price' of free content with Mass Effect. Whenever a new pack was announced everyone would be excited and ready to jump in to earn some credits.

It come across less "Here's some new content!" and more "Buy some silver!"
The long term effect is that instead of players being excited for that new content they'll be looking for the microtransacted catch.

This would be solved by maintaining a steady supply of eververse content without trying to nickle and dime the events themselves.

As much as some don't like the random pack method I was never worried about the 'price' of free content with Mass Effect. Whenever a new pack was announced everyone would be excited and ready to jump in to earn some credits.

Yeah. I mentioned the Halo 5 REQ system, and whilst it does affect Warzone, that is simply one PvP mode out of 8 different ones(And even then due to the nature of it, having the most powerful weapon doesn't necessarily mean you're going to win or it's P2W, you need to actually 'level up' to use it). It's one small thing, and they're earnable with in-game currency quite quickly as well. And they're planning on providing the maps for free, and already added some maps, Forge, and BTB. That's a perfect way of doing it.

There is some good to a system like that, when done correctly.

Doesn't GW2 sell gold and also better...dusting items or whatever? The thing that breaks down junk into useful junk.

GW2 sells a Gem currency (used in the shop), which can be traded for Gold. However, players can also use in-game Gold to trade for Gems... which gives the system a variable exchange rate. They also do sell rep boosters and various other baubles.

In the end, none of it messes with balance in any meaningful way, and I'm not seeing anything that Destiny is doing that messes with Balance in any meaningful way. People get caught up in "buying gear or weapons = p2w!" without realizing that P2W actually comes from the ability to buy better gear/weapons and then use them to keep other players down. That's not really possible in a Co-Op game. A game with Open PvP, Factional systems, etc.. then it's a problem.

If it's not keeping other players down and it's not an unavailable level of power without purchase.. it's not pay to win.. but like.. pay to equal? Pay to cut down grinding? Something like that.

Edit: I do feel I should state that taking a stance that it's morally questionable to sell any version of gear/weapons that could increase is understandable. I don't have a problem with it personally, and that's just me, but my point with this post was that it's not really a P2W situation.

Strider

But I am also not liking transactions tied to every event that pops up. I thought the MTX were going exist on the side (emotes, shaders, etc.), while a steady stream of content and events come from the live team funded by them. Instead, the MTX are tied directly into the events themselves.

This sums it up for me and I hate it tbh. Perhaps I've just been spoiled by the post-launch support of other titles but I'm let down by what Bungie has done since TTK released. Stuff like time-gated exotics and injecting MTs directly into events just rubs me the wrong way. There are so many other things I would want the live team to focus on before something like Sparrow Racing...

Whatever. I uninstalled the game because I've no intention of playing anytime soon so I might as well unsub from the OT too lol I hope those of you looking forward to the SRL enjoy it
goodjob.gif

Afrocious

This sums it up for me and I hate it tbh. Perhaps I've just been spoiled by the post-launch support of other titles but I'm let down by what Bungie has done since TTK released. Stuff like time-gated exotics and injecting MTs directly into events just rubs me the wrong way. There are so many other things I would want the live team to focus on before something like Sparrow Racing...

Whatever. I uninstalled the game because I've no intention of playing anytime soon so I might as well unsub from the OT too lol I hope those of you looking forward to the SRL enjoy it
goodjob.gif

*salute*

At least we got some games in. I dunno what I'm going to do, but eh. Raiding is boring and I think PvP is too much of a sniper fest to have fun in, and it doesn't seem like AA is going to be fixed any time soon. I mean, look how long it took for Sunbreakers to be critically looked at as far as balancing. How long will it take for snipers to be fair?

I'll still keep destiny installed since I have 2TB, but my playtime is going to dwindle outside of PvP.

Deku Tree

Will there be big DLC size content in year two? Deej obfuscation level 9000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp8wUhUtQ6M&feature=youtu.be

The answer to the question is a big fat NOPE. When Deej says "the live team is in charge" of year 2 content drops that's as good as confirmation that the answer is no.

Jason from Kotaku who has inside sources, and posts here, and has been right the whole time has said extremely clearly on these forums multiple times that the answer is no. The next big paid content drop will be Destiny 2 in fall 2016 and it will cost $60 and it will load on top of the existing Destiny universe.

The answer to the question is a big fat NOPE. When Deej says "the live team is in charge" of year 2 content drops that's as good as confirmation that the answer is no.

Jason from Kotaku who has inside sources, and posts here, and has been right the whole time has said extremely clearly on these forums multiple times that the answer is no. The next big paid content drop will be Destiny 2 in fall 2016 and it will cost $60 and it will load on top of the existing Destiny universe.

Yup. Been my prediction all along too. Something a lot of us will not be happy with. If the rest of years 2 is just these limited timed events, callenge modes for King's fall, Trails and Iron Banner. We won't be seeing new strikes or raids till Destiny 2....which really sucks.

Strider

*salute*

At least we got some games in. I dunno what I'm going to do...

Word... And yea I mean I'm not mad or anything just disappointed in where their focus is right now. Another break will do me some good anyway and I'll probably be all aboard the Hype train for Destiny 2. After all I did have a bunch of fun with TTK even tho I'm turned off by it atm.

As for what I'm gonna play in the meantime it'll be a mix of Diablo 3, Halo 5 and mobas mainly until this spring when I'm definitely picking up at least Uncharted 4 and Overwatch...Probably Garden Warfare 2 as well on the MP front.

I still feel like garbage (mainly because I havent been eating enough) but I still plan on jumping into that UC4 beta with you sometime this week if possible.

someday

Banned
Destiny is a loot game for most of us right? There are pages and pages of posts of loot drops, doing strikes for specific loot drops, nightfalls and raids for chances at loot drops, and grinding factions for loot drops. Putting loot behind silver is just as detrimental to the game as p2w. I realize not everyone agrees with me on this stuff but the bar is lowering with every event.

Destiny is a loot game for most of us right? There are pages and pages of posts of loot drops, doing strikes for specific loot drops, nightfalls and raids for chances at loot drops, and grinding factions for loot drops. Putting loot behind silver is just as detrimental to the game as p2w. I realize not everyone agrees with me on this stuff but the bar is lowering with every event.

That's the truth.

Something like Emotes is fine-Bungie hasn't 'trained' us to expect that as loot. Sparrows? Now that's a different matter....you either got the best sparrows by using Xurs drives or doing the raids, but selling the sparrows?

That is selling Loot-It doesn't matter if it gives you an advantage to another player in PvP or if it's a weapon, loot is loot.

Magik

If that indeed is true than there are going to be dark times for Destiny till Destiny 2 comes out.

In a sense, bungie was disappointed in the quality of TDB and HoW. Thus they are focus on destiny 2. Expect no type of actual game content/expansion/dlc.

If that indeed is true than there are going to be dark times for Destiny till Destiny 2 comes out.

it'll survive

we've gone almost a year without a new raid before (dark below -> taken King )

didn't some bungie guy on zobas stream say there was a new prison of elders type activity coming ?

That's the truth.

Something like Emotes is fine-Bungie hasn't 'trained' us to expect that as loot. Sparrows? Now that's a different matter....you either got the best sparrows by using Xurs drives or doing the raids, but selling the sparrows?

That is selling Loot-It doesn't matter if it gives you an advantage to another player in PvP or if it's a weapon, loot is loot.
i think you're being overdramatic tbh.. its a fucking sparrow

is it really that different from the pre-order dark below for the flipsy sparrow or whatever

buy red bull for a red bull sparrow

Magik

it'll survive

we've gone almost a year without a new raid before (dark below -> taken King )

didn't some bungie guy on zobas stream say there was a new prison of elders type activity coming ?

Oh don't get me wrong, it'll survive. Its just going to suck to see the activity level of the game continue to drop especially on DGAF.

This video is good to see all the items and sparrows and the best breakdown. It highlights perks and EVERYTHING.

Also for the one silver item that contained a for sure sparrow I will link the video at the time so people can know what the EV-43 Lightrunner looks like (it looks great)

https://youtu.be/8hyccuhLFro?t=219

LTWood12

Something they wouldn't ever do, but that would be super rad and give a sense of scarcity, would be to give, as a Christmas gift; a one use item per account that would bring a single legendary weapon from year one forward into year 2. You have to pick ONE. Can you imagine the hand wringing and fun discussions we could have around that type of decision? It would take me forever to decide. Pvp or PvE?

I'm starting to feel like. I still have the raid + 2 nightfalls on my other 2 characters. Yet, I just dont have the motivation to do it. Playing on my new Titan is fun, but even now its just a few crucible games and back to COD.

Oh well, it is what it is.

SheHateMe

Something they wouldn't ever do, but that would be super rad and give a sense of scarcity, would be to give, as a Christmas gift; a one use item per account that would bring a single legendary weapon from year one forward into year 2. You have to pick ONE. Can you imagine the hand wringing and fun discussions we could have around that type of decision? It would take me forever to decide. Pvp or PvE?

Vision Of Confluence. No question.

Wouldn't even hesitate.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Whoa! What's going on in here? I wasn't around yesterday.
I just saw that there is loot/gear/weapons/armour that is for sale with silver?
Did I read that right?

Is there a point form here somewhere of what was shown yesterday?
I'm guessing there isn't new strikes, a raid or even the strike playlists getting all of the existing strikes it them though.

Fatebringer. All other answers are wrong :p

So having the purchasable logbook, you get gear from completing milestones through it.

Now, this gear is apparently also available through just doing races and getting rewarded, so i'm guessing the logbook has unique sets/shaders?

Hrm

Hrm.

Also the horns do expire unless it's legendary. I dunno about the blue sparrows since the video didn't really scroll through any blue ones....

Oh don't get me wrong, it'll survive. Its just going to suck to see the activity level of the game continue to drop especially on DGAF.
Dgaf is already at an all time low :( even for myself, don't even know when the last time I finish a raid, nightfall, etc. I still will play for fun sometimes. Hopefully the new weapon patch will restore my interest in Pvp.

Going to go with what will probably be an unpopular option and say Black Hammer, making the Spindle obsolete and freeing up an exotic slot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'd be down for a go, but won't be available for probably 35-45 minutes? Can bring my Titan.

that's cool!

1. SmileyFM
2. aanx10uss
3. d-psipher
4. Boombloxer
5. Sentinalprimus
6. Shiv47

hope everyone will still be around in 35-45mins, I'll add everyone and invite everyone around 30mins from now then and see what happens :)

Shiv47

that's cool!

1. SmileyFM
2. aanx10uss
3. d-psipher
4. Boombloxer
5. Sentinalprimus
6. Shiv47

hope everyone will still be around in 35-45mins, I'll add everyone and invite everyone around 30mins from now then and see what happens :)

Sounds good, my PSN is shiv2099.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom