• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Lots of stuff in July

Moar Giblies!

whXKf.jpg

PS2 games

4Ynd9.jpg

PS1/Saturn

RzWlo.jpg

More Sega Ages. This time, Galaxy force!

N3PQ6.jpg

Tron stuff

sAhm3.jpg

Some classic literature

gHQJ5.jpg

Replacement pads for my A900 and AD900. Replaced the shitty pleather A900 pads with the much nicer vinyl A1000 pads.

TyVQH.jpg

Moar Hokusai

CCskd.jpg

Embryon

Neo Member
I've had a really good month. I got into a bit of an import frenzy, haha. I'm still waiting for my copy of Espgaluda 2 to arrive, and Xenoblade will be shipping later this month. Excitement!

IMAG1002.jpg

IMAG1003.jpg

IMAG1004.jpg

luka said:
Lots of stuff in July

Moar Giblies!

whXKf.jpg

I've seen these before in this thread. Is this a new reissue or something? I'm not a movie collector or a anime buff, but I love Miyazaki and those covers are great.

Aigis said:
Those are the original release JP BD covers. They are all region free and have subs too.

LiK said:
and so expensive ;_;

Ahh, that's a shame. I don't even have a Blu-Ray player. I was hoping that it was some type of DVD boxed set that I could pick up. Guess I'll just go back to grabbing the DVDs cheap on Amazon when I see them.

Risette

A Good Citizen
TheFightingFish said:
I've seen these before in this thread. Is this a new reissue or something? I'm not a movie collector or a anime buff, but I love Miyazaki and those covers are great.
Those are the original release JP BD covers. They are all region free and have subs too.

LiK

wolfgare said:
Nausicaä and The Borrower Arrietty

holy shit, didn't know it was out on Blu already.

a1m said:
My favourite pick-up from last month.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6135/5988330980_6c19ea0e11_z.jpg

Hopefully I can post something new tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

where you pick up your Blus?

LiK

a1m said:
They're all from Amazon.jp.

ever since Amazon jp raised the international shipping i haven't shopped there. guess i'll need to do some comparison shopping for them.

wolfgare

a1m said:
My favourite pick-up from last month.
How does Whisper of the Heart look compared to all the others? I want to get it, but I'm not sure if I should just save my money for future releases. Also, I've never seen My Neighbors the Yamadas; is it any good?

LiK said:
holy shit, didn't know it was out on Blu already.
Yeah, only in Japan though with no English dub. It's an amazing film; was definitely worth importing, for me at least, and not having to wait 'til February of next year to watch it.

Well here is my attempt at my first movie poster print from Walmart. The picture was too big so a little bit was cut off from the right but besides that the quality is phenomenal. Found the picture at movieposterdb which is an awesome site. All I paid for the print was 13 bucks. Going to work on getting it framed with a cheap poster frame.
103x1ed.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Both hit $19.99 today. Finally!!!

Tell me, Gaf... which should I play first?

6006565559_df692e7219_z.jpg

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Skel1ingt0n said:
Both hit $19.99 today. Finally!!!

Tell me, Gaf... which should I play first?

6006565559_df692e7219_z.jpg

999 will consume your soul until you replay it 5 times and get all the endings. Love that game/visual puzzle novel so much.

InfectedZero said:
Well here is my attempt at my first movie poster print from Walmart. The picture was too big so a little bit was cut off from the right but besides that the quality is phenomenal. Found the picture at movieposterdb which is an awesome site. All I paid for the print was 13 bucks. Going to work on getting it framed with a cheap poster frame.
103x1ed.jpg
I love that film. I have one of the official prints of that!

B.K.

Jt4kW.jpg

I don't usually buy MST3k sets so close to the release date, but I made an exception for the Gamera set. I wanted to get it as soon as possible in case the company that has the license decided to take them away from Shout Factory.

But first, Eastbound & Down seasons 1 & 2. Couldn't turn down Best Buy's sale for $20 each:

P1010280.jpg

...And my Fullmetal Alchemist haul. Vol. 5 bd & the Alphonse be@rbrick arrived yesterday while the Vol. 4 of the FMA manga anthology, FMA Chronicle & Anime Kinejune arrived today.

P1010284.jpg

Close-up of Alphonse:

P1010289.jpg

luka

Loves Robotech S1
robot said:
new month, new pcbs!

In the Hunt & Aliens VS Predator (CPS2)
414c3f55-1.jpg
2917fd35-1.jpg
Very nice! Love avp.

I'd love to start collecting pcbs one of these days, but my wallet hates me enough as it is.

a1m

Banned
chuckywang said:
Are those all blu-rays? How many Studio Ghibli films have been released in Japan on blu-ray?
Yeah those are all BDs. 5 in total, that's all of them.

FloppyDelux said:
How are the PQ on all the blue rays?
I've only seen Nausicaä but it's awesome. You can tell it's a BD.

71QZvCGE6aL.png

wolfgare said:
How does Whisper of the Heart look compared to all the others? I want to get it, but I'm not sure if I should just save my money for future releases. Also, I've never seen My Neighbors the Yamadas; is it any good?
Haven't seen those two yet. They are expensive but if you have the money, go for it.

Top Bottom