• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

speedline

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
But first, Eastbound & Down seasons 1 & 2. Couldn't turn down Best Buy's sale for $20 each:

P1010280.jpg

How is the second season? I really enjoyed the first, but never checked out season 2 :/

a1m

Banned
Finally, some love for Catherine.

6008055237_a8e2b21c42_z.jpg

These are so good, I recommend the 'book' for everyone who likes pokemon.

6008602086_8fae275415_z.jpg

Last but not least Songs for the Deaf lp.

6008052093_5ccb45ba87_z.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
a1m said:
Finally, some love for Catherine.

6008055237_a8e2b21c42_z.jpg
From? I ordered from VG+ (never, NEVER again) on release day and still no Catherine. Fuck you VG+ assholes

hank_tree

Yoshichan said:
From? I ordered from VG+ (never, NEVER again) on release day and still no Catherine. Fuck you VG+ assholes

I pre-ordered a PS3 version and then a week ago ordered a 360 copy aswell from VG+. The 360 version arrived early this week but no sign of the PS3 one. And the 360 version isn't region free so I can't play it. Hopefully it comes tomorrow so I can play it all weekend.

a1m

Banned
Yoshichan said:
From VG+. They shipped it last week and I do live in Finland so nothing to complain really.

eXistor

33ts8lf.jpg

Catherine finally arrived from VG+. Also LotR Bluray (took more than a month to arrive from amazon...). I got SolatoRobo on the cheap. I've played it a bit this morning and it's actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

Yoshichan said:
Wow, rage much? VG+ is amazing I never had any troubles from them. Catherine took a bit longer than I would have liked myself, but it arrived well within reason (10 days) and they're always decent enough to mark their packages with a fake price so that customs won't screw you over (unlike Amazon). VG+ fo' life!

Pietepiet

Very expensive month so far

DSC01962.JPG

Transformers: Animated - Allspark Almanac I & II. Lovely artbooks from my favourite TF show.

Mega Man X: Official Complete Works. Now I only need Zero in English, and Star Force.

DSC01963.JPG

Tranformers Animated Cybertron Mode Ratchet (Takara version) showing off my free Zelda: OoT 3D soundtrack.

DSC01964.JPG

Eggman Industries T-Shirt, to celebrate the Sonic 20th Anniversary.

DSC01966.JPG

Sony Vaio S-Series (SB1S1E). Needed a new laptop for work. Love it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
eXistor said:
Wow, rage much? VG+ is amazing I never had any troubles from them. Catherine took a bit longer than I would have liked myself, but it arrived well within reason (10 days) and they're always decent enough to mark their packages with a fake price so that customs won't screw you over (unlike Amazon). VG+ fo' life!
Wow, you've never had trouble with them, they can't be flawed in any way now!

I've had so much bullshit with VG+ it's not even funny. Why do I keep buying stuff from them? I don't. This was the first time I've bought a single product from them since:

Order Number: xxxxx
Order Date: Tuesday 26 January, 2010

This was clearly a reminder why I stopped buying stuff from them. Here I was, thinking they'd improve over the past 1 ½ years but it seems they still suck major ass. Absolutely zero customer support, extremely long delivery times, they managed to send me a defect Uncharted (1) and the price isn't even remotely good compared to sites like Zavvi (which now is actually a valid place to order games from).

Next time, keep in mind that things may vary from person to person.

speedline said:
How is the second season? I really enjoyed the first, but never checked out season 2 :/

Haven't had a chance to check out either seasons yet - don't have HBO - so hopefully it'll be as good as I've heard it is.

Vol5

Sorry for the poor iPhone quality

2czop05.jpg

My beautiful baby daughter born late last week. Catherine got here last week. Must get baby daughter in routine and sleeping through the night ASAP. Too many games. lol. j/k

No babies were woken up during the creation of this post.

LiK

Vol5 said:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2czop05.jpg

My beautiful baby daughter born late last week. Catherine got here last week. Must get baby daughter in routine and sleeping through the night ASAP. Too many games. lol. j/k

No babies were woken up during the creation of this post.[/QUOTE]

no spoilers but...SYNERGY.

congrats.

Vol5 said:

2czop05.jpg

Awesome! The proud tradition of "GAF Babies" continues :) Congrats man!

suikodan

Vol5 said:

2czop05.jpg

Hehe, if you check the last pages of the July pickup post, I posted a similar pickup. I bought Catherine and my newborn boy arrived the afternoon of the same day.

Congrats on the new baby!

EDIT: Added picture just for fun
5906d08e.jpg

Ragus

Banned
a1m said:
Last but not least Songs for the Deaf lp.

6008052093_5ccb45ba87_z.jpg

You can't even imagine how jealous I am. Great purchase.

And now back to me.

zdjcie.jpg

Well, this month is very nice so far. I found ghost recon quite entertaining. The story is rubbish, but gameplay really appeals to me. I am a sucker when it comes to this genre ;). I also bought iPhone 4 and now I can finally say, that I have a mobile phone which suits me. No problems with it so far. I hope it stays that way. When I think back about my Xperia x8, I want to cry because of how dull it was.

eXistor

Yoshichan said:
Wow, you've never had trouble with them, they can't be flawed in any way now!

Next time, keep in mind that things may vary from person to person.
I don't want to derail the thread here, but I merely stated I liked VG+ and my personal experiences with them have been nothing but great. Your last line sums it up perfectly I think: "things may vary from person to person". Clearly VG+ isn't perfect, but I think it's unfair to completely shoot them like you did. It sucks that you still haven't received the game though but I'm sure you'll get it soon enough and we can all be happy.

Sadist

I've bought way too much stuff last month. A new jacket, very comfy shorts... and a buttload of stuff to read and play. My wallet says I'm an ass.

xqkYB.jpg

The comics weren't that expensive btw. Just € 16.

And since I bought a 3DS in June, I can play stuff I missed on DS. But... eh I kind of overdid it last month and yesterday.

JvB8m.jpg

Those games (excluding SSFIV 3D) cost me a bit more than € 100. All new at great prices. Trials & Tribulations was my only € 30 pruchase, as the other DS games were all below the € 20 mark. Investigations was the best deal of the bunch. The pricetag showed € 39,99, which is a bargain because it's kind of rare here in Holland. So I'm getting ready to pay, but the register says the game costs € 10. I point it out (yes, I'm one of those honest blokes) and the girl behind the register tells me I'm lucky. Yay.

some new games and PCBs for me. it's been expensive so far..

ay13cg.jpg

Shadows of the Damned, Child of Eden, DDP, Ibara, M Futari

15cmxpd.jpg

M Futari PCB

e16zdj.jpg

Ibara PCB

17g6iw.jpg

New full kit....what is it?....

or2fmh.jpg

Espgaluda....

Hawthorns

Picked up some more manga, completing this series.
IMG_1311.jpg

Some anime (plus Super)
IMG_1312.jpg

These came in the mail this morning
IMG_1310.jpg

Then after work I went out and picked up another two Blu's
IMG_1316.jpg

And probably my favourite pick up, an awesome Scott Pilgrim poster which I now need to find a frame for.
IMG_1313.jpg

Another thrift store score. If this is a legit Markus Pierson then this will be my biggest score ever. I have to get it appraised but even if it is a fake at least a good charity got a solid donation.
IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4448.jpg

WEGGLES

moop2000 said:
Another thrift store score. If this is a legit Markus Pierson then this will be my biggest score ever. I have to get it appraised but even if it is a fake at least a good charity got a solid donation.
http://www.pophate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_4447.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.pophate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_4448.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You must have to know a little bit about everything to go thrift store shopping... cause I would've just went "heh, neat" and kept going. Might be worth a grand or two, it seems.

LiK

Vol5 and suikodan, you guys are ruining the image that only lonely single virgins are buying Catherine!

WEGGLES said:
You must have to know a little bit about everything to go thrift store shopping... cause I would've just went "heh, neat" and kept going. Might be worth a grand or two, it seems.

It's a combination of past fleeting knowledge that somehow pop's up when I see some stuff and a bit of luck and research. I wouldn't get half the stuff I get if not for my iPhone. It's also kind of risky cuz this cost me over a $100 so if it's fake then I just blew a nice chunk of change.

moop2000 said:
It's a combination of past fleeting knowledge that somehow pop's up when I see some stuff and a bit of luck and research. I wouldn't get half the stuff I get if not for my iPhone. It's also kind of risky cuz this cost me over a $100 so if it's fake then I just blew a nice chunk of change.

Nice find. I would have risked it.

luffeN

I know that some of you have orderd Nike iD shoes in the past, so I was wondering if the tracking like this is normal. It didn't really go to Germany then back to China and so on, right? xD

bvsrze07ntfz6oxiq.jpg

I also got this yesterday. It was missing a few small pieces but I contacted the manufacturer and they shipped them off to me for free. Awesome customer service.
IMG_4452.jpg

IMG_4453.jpg

Yoshichan

Paches-EJ- said:
Brand new ASUS 24 inch 1080p LED backlit LCD monitor!!]
Hmm... bought from Sweden?

Pineapple Express, Sunshine, Nier, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and 16GB M2 Memory Stick.
kS7BJ.jpg

Some Naruto & Mickey Mouse shirts from Uniqlo for my little brother.
rzZkG.jpg
39oOA.jpg

Some Naruto action figures for my little brother.
GXXsn.jpg

Yoshichan

Paches-EJ- said:
Nope, I got it from Newegg on a really hot sale (something like $70 bucks off, grand total of $160 I think).
Really interested in it... does it have built-in speakers somewhere? HDMI/DVI/VGA?

Yoshichan

Cptkrush said:
Am I missing a joke here or is there really some kind of blackmarket for imported monitors from sweden?
He's been on my ignore list for quite some time so I couldn't read the post :lol But no, I'm pretty sure we don't have a blackmarket for imported monitors :p

shawnlreed

A few pickups so far this month:

Darksiders Statue. Ruin has light up flame feet.

6010435012_ac1067c860_z.jpg

Darunia Statue, continuing my F4F Zelda statue collection that's getting kinda huge.

6010425266_36e37b992c_z.jpg

Majin poster, guidebook & CD soundtrack because Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom was awesome and I seem to be the only one who realizes it.

6009879569_fe4f2f2e7c_z.jpg

Top Bottom