• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us goods from the ENTIRE YEAR!)

sca2511

MarkMan said:
3134963572_e0fa67fc9f.jpg
what is that megaman made out of and where do i get it?

nny said:
Hm..that book seems interesting; might have to check it out. Since you just got the book maybe it's still early to tell, but what's your impression on it? Are there general analysis of different tactics? Or is it more about anecdotes about different coaches throughout history?

From the quick flick through I've have so far, it appears to be a combination of both. Essentially it charts the history of tactics in football, using specific teams/coaches as case studies to discuss its evolution.

Looks like it is going to be a very interesting read, although, as per usual, I'll probably get a hundred or so pages into it and then struggle to find the time to read any more. I still have - the excellent - 'The Ball Is Round' from last Christmas that I'm only half-way through!

Echoes

ghouliesloot.jpg

gogloot1.gif

Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Ridge Racer 7, Sonic Unleashed, Silent Hill Homecoming, Persona 4 with art book, another copy of BK Nuts & Bolts (not pictured), Shaun White's Snowboarding (not pictured), Tom Clancy's End War (not pictured), Fallout Tactics, Fallout, Sacrifice, Oddworld Abbe's Oddysee, Beneath a Steel Sky (not pictured), Pokemon TCG Crystal Guardians deck, After Dark and What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami, Fall Out Boy - Infinity on High, The Rasmus - Black Roses, Alanis Morissette - Flavors Of Entanglement.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn I, I need help... who's the guy who put Crisis Core and Wii Music in the cat sand?

God, I need to know this right now!

Echoes

MarkMan said:
No, I'll be traveling as well!

---

So far the best thing I got this Christmas is....

FOOOD

wheres the food pics?!
mscookies.jpg

Forgot to post them above. I swear, best cookies ever <3

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
WAY too much stuff this year. All purchased new and only about 50% actually played...

DSC01437.jpg

The DS is freakin' awesome. Much love for Ouendan!

DSC01438.jpg

I still haven't purchased Boom Blox. I fail. :(

DSC01441.jpg

When my girlfriend saw me stacking up all these games she said "No way. You did NOT buy all those games this year." I did... Oh does anybody know where I can buy spare 360 cases? I have the inserts but I need the green cases to make my PH games look like the rest.

DSC01439.jpg

Drivin', shootin', and rockin' out. That's how I roll.

DSC01440.jpg

My girlfriend just game me the Galaxy and Bebop soundtracks for Christmas. She's so awesome.

sca2511 said:
what is that megaman made out of and where do i get it?
They're called Perler Beads. and they're awesome. They can be found in most craft stores. Here's some I've made in the past year.
DSC01442.jpg

YagizY

My Christmas presents were AMAZING. I got pretty much everything I want.

Some books.
P1000170.jpg

Donald Vol. 3 (OOP) to complete my donald collection and The Complete Goofy (OOP)
P1000171.jpg

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue and some random ridiculous Japanese PC game on floppy discs.
P1000173.jpg

PJ's and an alligator kuzie (sp?). I'm a UF fan so the kuzie makes sense.
P1000174.jpg

My girlfriend just started knitting and attempted making me a bowser beanie. I think she did a good job and love it.
P1000175.jpg

NASA Blu-ray and Death Race on Blu-ray (screw the haters, the move was fun to watch albeit stupid)
P1000172.jpg

Gagaman

YagizY said:
Donald Vol. 3 (OOP) to complete my donald collection and The Complete Goofy (OOP)
P1000171.jpg
Nice! It took me ages to find a copy of that Goofy set for anything other than ridiculous amounts of money. Probably should get the Donald ones before they vanish too..

Xmas Games. (thanks Gaz, for Boom Blox, my lovely wife for everything else)

xmas08-games.jpg

DVD and BD's for December

dec08-movies.jpg

also from 08:
games-08.jpg

Not pictured- PC games Spore, CoD WaW and Left 4 Dead.
games I have since sold: Army of Two (PS3), Lego Indy (360), Guitar Hero Aerosmith (360), Call of Juarez (360), Stranglehold (360), Assassin's Creed (360), Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, Singstar PS3 Vol2,

I had a pretty long wish list this year, and held off on a lot of deals so I could make shopping easier for everyone.

The only game I got was a stocking stuffer from my folks:

IMG_3765.jpg

Bangai-o DS

My wife didn't get me any games at all! However I can't shake the feeling she was trying to send me a message with my gifts:

IMG_3763.jpg

Fitness Equipment for the Gym

IMG_3766.jpg

Mr. Bento

I guess I will be hitting the gym, and not eating at Chipotle in 2009....

Flunkie

Banned
3136381251_259df303e0_b.jpg

This was my Christmas. :)

Canon EOS 30D w/ 28-200mm Lens <3
Universal Remote
12 Months of Gold + Messenger Kit + PGR4
Black 360 Controller + Play n Charge Kit
Macadamia nuts
Two boxes of white chocolate-covered pretzels
Three $100 Visa gift cards
Do Hard Things by Alex & Brett Harris

Resistance 2
Mirrors Edge
Call of Duty 4
Prince of Persia LE
No More Heroes
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Batman Begins on Blu-ray

Ramune

December:

Dec_1.JPG

Dec_2.JPG

Cheapest Blu-ray ever. $2.50 not including shipping; $9.60 total.

Dec_3.JPG

Dec_4.JPG

Christmas prez for a friend. Exchanging for The Familiar of Zero boxset.
$35 on eBay, was not paying the $80+ it usually asks for! :lol

Dec_5.JPG

I'll settle for Haruhi. The others are just way too freakin' expensive.

Christmas presents:

Christmas_1b.JPG

Got my bro this:
Christmas_2.JPG

and $45.

Guled said:
where are all the Christmas posts?

There's actually been quite a few posts on this page and I just posted mine. ^_^;

Edit: Forgot to post this as well for December:

Dec_6.JPG

Jive Turkey said:
Oh does anybody know where I can buy spare 360 cases? I have the inserts but I need the green cases to make my PH games look like the rest.
You can get it free if pre-order a game at Best Buy which you are gonna buy for sure upon release. You have to take that plastic-wrapped empty case to the counter and you can keep it.

2d11dtg.jpg

My Christmas pick ups + Persona 4, which I believe is all of my December pick ups. Also got a 120gb hard drive, but that's already hooked up so screw it.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
MirageDwarf said:
You can get it free if pre-order a game at Best Buy which you are gonna buy for sure upon release. You have to take that plastic-wrapped empty case to the counter and you can keep it.
:\ I was hoping for an easier solution.

Guled said:
where are all the Christmas posts?
I almost never get games for Christmas. Last year I got Fire Emblem: PoR and then before that the last time I was given a game I was in 6th grade.

However I did get that Super Mario Galaxy sountrack this Christmas and that's better than pretty much any game I would have recieved.

Darkpen

Banned
What's with that cardboard CD slip case-looking thing with Chrono Trigger that people have been posting, along with their DS case? Was it some sort of preorder bonus, or is it shrinkwrapped with the game, or what? Is it a special soundtrack or something?

cvxfreak

nxs746.jpg

MacBook - 2.0GHz/4GB RAM/160GB HDD
DSi Black
Apple In-Ear Headphones
Louis Vuitton Damier Graphite Canvas Brazza Wallet
Biohazard (Wii)
Biohazard Deadly Silence New Best Price! 2000 (DS)

I'm headed off to Asia tomorrow too. :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
cvxfreak said:
nxs746.jpg

MacBook - 2.0GHz/4GB RAM/160GB HDD
DSi Black
Apple In-Ear Headphones
Louis Vuitton Damier Graphite Canvas Brazza Wallet
Biohazard (Wii)
Biohazard Deadly Silence New Best Price! 2000 (DS)

I'm headed off to Asia tomorrow too. :)

cvxfreak: Have a safe trip my friend!

Nice wallet :)

Keep your passport safe! lol.

Chorazin

Presents from the GF's parents! They have her buy everything for me, so she basically treats it as more presents from her. It rocks. :) I got Gamestop, Amazon, and Barnes&Nobles gift cards from the rest of her family.

3136653667_d8359a2e4d.jpg

3137481544_eb2f04e118.jpg

3137482252_ca237dc098.jpg

zmet

dec7.jpg

dec8.jpg

Suikoden - PS3/PSP
The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration (new) - Blu-ray
Detana Twinbee Yahho! Deluxe Pack (used but complete) - Jpn Saturn

nny

On The Edge of Insanity said:
From the quick flick through I've have so far, it appears to be a combination of both. Essentially it charts the history of tactics in football, using specific teams/coaches as case studies to discuss its evolution.

Looks like it is going to be a very interesting read, although, as per usual, I'll probably get a hundred or so pages into it and then struggle to find the time to read any more. I still have - the excellent - 'The Ball Is Round' from last Christmas that I'm only half-way through!

Thanks for your answer, it seems interesting, think I'll grab it. And good luck crossing that 100-page hurdle ;P

After-Christmas Pick Ups:

3138381437_0edc28d0cc_b.jpg

RE: Degeneration, Superman Doomsday.

Other Christmas Adds:

3139236106_e38d9a91b8_b.jpg

Wii Boxers, Personal Trainer: Cooking (I got personal trainer for a friend, and my sister got a personal trainer for me. Lol.)

3139236398_59dc26a1da_b.jpg

Xbox 360 Console Messenger Bag.

freshair

Gamestop B2G1
Overstock.com Sale
Blockbuster B1G1

:D

t9xrpf.jpg

[edit] too big? :( Oh, and does anyone know where (keeping my eye on ebay) to get game manuals? Mirror's Edge didn't come with one.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Christmas Haul:

2hg4ro9.jpg

Couple of shirts, mouse for laptop, new keyboard and mouse for main rig, papa johns, subway, amazon and hastings gift cards, Gunbuster and Diebuster movies, 2GB stick, tooth brush.

2dcb8zm.jpg

Mmmm... Gunbuster and Diebuster...

Amazon card is worth $100 and Hastings cards equal up to $100, so I made out okay!

a1m

Banned
Jive Turkey said:
DSC01440.jpg

My girlfriend just game me the Galaxy and Bebop soundtracks for Christmas. She's so awesome.
Could you ask your gf where did she get that Cowboy Bebop CD-Box, please? And one other request, could you take few more shots of it?

After Christmas Haul:

PSN purchase:
IMG_0344.jpg

Gift from one of my friends:
IMG_0346.jpg

After-Christmas shopping loot:
IMG_0347.jpg

Gamertag: Auron Kale (should one be so inclined to add me)

Top Bottom