• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

AndyboyH

Neo Member
Two pickups from work - the original pitch board from Mercier Gray for the Huggy Bear "Driver" TV commercial, and "Driver 2" promotional art
IDQy9ob.jpg

pAeBXqZ.jpg

canocha

My girlfriend offered me this for my birthday:
bNOapn6.jpg

And a cake!
c1Cevsh.jpg

I also recieved this:

PAL version of Captain American and the Avengers, Mega Games 6 vol. 1, Taz in Escape from Mars and Virtua Racing:
aer9Mq3.jpg

ZQ5t51O.jpg

Last few weeks or so...

2013-07-28-144845_zpsb6503aaf.jpg

Amano's The Sky Slipcase Edition.

2013-07-28-145044_zpsed9e8f90.jpg

Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land CD, both cost me 99 cents at good will. The CD has a few versions of a rap song with the SML theme. Any information on where the CD came from is appreciated.

2013-07-28-145138_zpse47f7d47.jpg

More from Good Will. Games were 99 cent, GBA was $3.99

2013-07-28-145302_zpsc81c666b.jpg

Got the all $1.99. Good Will again.

2013-07-28-145342_zps5a9ee965.jpg

$2.99 each. Did I tell you how much I love Good Will?

3f7b8d81-647d-413a-bd5f-8299802c743f_zps54efe61e.jpg

And finally SMT IV. My first 3DS game. Don't have a 3DS yet lol.

tha_devil

I got some neat items.

Brink molotov press kit, really nice.
cnmXLMxl.jpg

Dishonored press kit, incl. replica mask, metal poster, guidebook, keychain, tarrot cards and promo
49T9LU6l.jpg

vYLr5DKl.jpg

Another Bethesda kit in the same style, i have not seen a single one of this ever!
Skyrim pk, including steelbook, tshirt, postcards, map, soundtrack sampler
EqBtH67l.jpg

UPLa8HHl.jpg

And the Darksiders art of war book, really in pretty much perfect condition.
9F0LoCql.jpg

7ZsCHkol.jpg

Sagitario

I went and bought it locally since having it shipped to Mexico would have been more expensive anyways. Long time fan of the series, pretty excited for this one! I think if you remotely enjoy RPGs you´ll have a good time with this, although I don´t think SMT IV can beat SMT III Nocturne on PS2 since that was some God tier RPG.

And now what to get with that $30 eShop promo. Not really feeling Kokuga as I don´t have friends with 3DSs to play with.
You paid $900 pesos for it?! YIKES! D:

and got this brawl stick as a gift from kind gaffer TheDuke56, only had to cover shipping:
If you don't mind me asking... how much was the shipping to SA?

jbueno

You paid $900 pesos for it?! YIKES! D:

Well buying it on Amazon or GS and getting it shipped over here to DF from the US would have more or less been the same, and I just had terrible urges to play it so I caved in. Worth every damn peso, love this game. I think it balances out in the end since I usually am a cheapass for pickups, though I do miss living near the US border.

As for more late month pickups, two classic movies on Bluray for $100 MXN which were on a B1G2 promo on a local Mixup.

uxJc2x1l.jpg

Roflobear

My account just got validated so I'm pretty excited to post my pick-ups from throughout the month.
I found my old Nintendo DS Phat in the basement after having abandoned it for the past 5 or so years. I picked up these off eBay to hopefully start a DS renaissance:

I also picked up this awesome case to hold my games off eBay (not a Club Nintendo member yet =\ )

I like this month's Game Informer because the cover is simplistic and has a much more quality feel:

I thought this shirt was too hilarious to pass up on. Damn those sites that only sell shirts for 24 hours.

And finally this here is the biggest pick-up of the month for me:

It's such a wonderful tablet.

Salsa

If you don't mind me asking... how much was the shipping to SA?

direct shipping was out of the question cause USPS/FedEx charged crazy amounts and UPS was about the same as a courier but had the risk of being stopped at the border and being charged taxes

so I used a courier, Miami-Box, got the stick shipped to Miami then here. All in all = around $50. Package was 2.5kg

jbueno

Barry Lyndon is tops. You really can't get much better than that. Marisa Berenson and Sarabande.

OUaTiA aint a slouch, either.

Yup, I hear Barry Lyndon is actually one of Kubrick's finest, pretty excited to watch it for the first time come next weekend, see if it dethrones Strangelove as my favorite Kubrick film. Really weird that I just can't find Strangelove for sale here in Mexico, will have to order it from Amazon or buy it next time I'm in the US.

Yes Boss!

Yup, I hear Barry Lyndon is actually one of Kubrick's finest, pretty excited to watch it for the first time come next weekend, see if it dethrones Strangelove as my favorite Kubrick film. Really weird that I just can't find Strangelove for sale here in Mexico, will have to order it from Amazon or buy it next time I'm in the US.

Oh man, I hope that Strangelove love comes from a lack of seeing the others. That one is definitely in the bottom half with things like Full Metal Jacket, Spartacus, Eyes, and Clockwork. Tops is Barry Lyndon, followed by 2001, then Paths of Glory, then The Killing. You can throw away his Lolita. Even Adrian Lyne's Dominique Swain take on Nabs is better. Enjoy Lyndon. An impossible to see movie in decent 35mm and kinda crummily presented up until even a few years back. To be played at extremely high volume, the movie.

jbueno

Oh man, I hope that Stranglove love comes from a lack of seeing the others. That one is definitely in the bottom half with things like Full Metal Jacket, Spartacus, Eyes, and Clockwork. Tops is Barry Lyndon, followed by 2001, then Paths of Glory, then The Killing. You can throw away his Lolita. Even Adrian Lyne's Dominique Swain take on Nabs is better. Enjoy Lyndon. An impossible to see movie in decent 35mm and kinda crummily presented up until even a few years back. To be played at extremely high volume, the movie.

Out of those I've yet to watch Paths of Glory and The Killing which aren't readily available down here, all others you named I have watched and loved. There's just something about Strangelove that I can't quite explain that makes it my favorite, not to say I don't find his other films masterful, particularly 2001.

Will watch on my Bluray enabled laptop, with a digital amp through my Sennheisers as I can't really play stuff too loud since I'm in an appartment now.

Sagitario

Well buying it on Amazon or GS and getting it shipped over here to DF from the US would have more or less been the same, and I just had terrible urges to play it so I caved in. Worth every damn peso, love this game. I think it balances out in the end since I usually am a cheapass for pickups, though I do miss living near the US border.
I admit I have done the same for a few games, but I usually use CD Universe.

direct shipping was out of the question cause USPS/FedEx charged crazy amounts and UPS was about the same as a courier but had the risk of being stopped at the border and being charged taxes

so I used a courier, Miami-Box, got the stick shipped to Miami then here. All in all = around $50. Package was 2.5kg
Not too bad. A friend from USA gifted me a Vita, I don't remember if he used Fedex, UPS or DHL, but he paid a big amount to ship it (with tracking) to MX, he declared it as a gift with a value of $150 and I still had to pay around $50 when the delivery guy showed up.
With USPS the custom checks are random and I have never had to pay, but with UPS, DHL and Fedex, all packages are always declared at custom and import taxes have to be paid.

D-e-f-

Banned
pikmingetlwy1i.jpg

of course the day I get Pikmin 3 is the day that everything is wet outside and cloudy so I can't take a wonderful garden/summer pic ... best I could do without getting myself wet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
pikmingetlwy1i.jpg

of course the day I get Pikmin 3 is the day that everything is wet outside and cloudy so I can't take a wonderful garden/summer pic ... best I could do without getting myself wet.
Awesome pic!!!

nny

I've been looking for the instructions for that space shuttle set for ages, would you have the model number of the set so I can hunt google for it?

Rescued my old lego sets from my parent's house and thats the last one I need to build.

It's set 6346; here are the instructions for it. Happy building!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Some manga and a game I can't play (region locking <3 <3)

dc89

Oh that's a nice one. Looks like some Pikmin might pop into frame any second to carry the box away :D

haha thanks! Your picture reminds me of an underground cave!
There was a spider under that drain pipe, but it was too dark and tricky to get him in the shot.

lvlzero

Banned
NxYtygC.jpg

XR8Vto6.jpg

ps1:
Front Mission 2
Front Mission 3
Front Mission Alternative
Jumping Flash 2
F1 97
Vrally
Omega Boost
Thousand Arms
Bloody Roar
Echo Night
Other Life Azure Dreams

ps2:
Stella Deus
Kingdom Hearts
Wild Arms 4th Detonator
Generations of Chaos Next

360:
last remnant (whaaat, it was a dollar)

lvlzero

Banned
Unintentional pickup time:
Just cracked open the games to check disk conditions, notice a bulge in manual for kingdom hearts..

lhBmHC2.jpg

Free copy of Ni no kuni for NDS? bonus!

luokyl

Unintentional pickup time:
Just cracked open the games to check disk conditions, notice a bulge in manual for kingdom hearts..

lhBmHC2.jpg

Free copy of Ni no kuni for NDS? bonus!

Damn that's lucky!
I'm loving all these outdoor photos of Pikmin 3 as well.

Sinthetic

Lovely Pikmin 3, had to do a garden shot after being inspired by you guys.

DrVV1S2.jpg

Cowboy Bebop Box 1 Blu-ray. Very nice glossy chipboard box. Nice VHS style Digipack with line artbook.

I'll be watching the show for the first time ever and in HD tonight. Can't wait.

kY3giBO.jpg

Top Bottom