• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Some recent pickups, The biggest being the Pulse Elite headset. I love it.
And of course The Last Of Us.

wHPQaV6.jpg

And just a shit load of games. I can never resist a good deal. And there are tons of extremely cheap games out there right now.

7Sp6Knc.jpg

I2f0u4g.jpg

JotTgOp.jpg

commissar

Always wanted to do one of these! Some pick ups from the past (few) months:
e.jpg

Xperia Z
w.jpg

A Video Game, Jaybird bluetooth earbuds (really nice) and a cyberpunk book recommended in a recent thread.

But I mainly wanted to show off this:

BRAND NEW from 1996 :D!
q.jpg

Sadist

Some recent pick-ups

jU19xZnL6VvzH.png

Loving Spider-Men.

And just came in;

jdlK29tBqE2ho.png

Steam server is unavailable at the moment, so I guess I'll install RE 6 later on. My RE main series collection is complete again! So I'll play me some PXZ. Thought the demo's were neat and the price is right: 22 quid. Knowing Bandai-Namco EU, this one will have a limited print just like Tales of the Abyss.

Ban Puncher

GUGq4sS.jpg

Game & Wario Wii U
Project X Zone 3DS

Special Unwanted & Unphotographed Pick-Up of the Week - Minor Back Surgery. May post cool looking scar if results are cool looking.

Rich!

Are n64 games regioned locked? I am going to be in Japan in a few weeks, might need to pick this up.

The only difference between USA and JP consoles is a physical tab inside. I just took it out. The games are then interchangeable.

Bear in mind I'm using an everdrive 64 flashcart for the romhacks. That cart can work on any region provided you buy the right one.

I just got a JP console because it was cheaper than the equivalent USA one!

The only difference between USA and JP consoles is a physical tab inside. I just took it out. The games are then interchangeable.

Bear in mind I'm using an everdrive 64 flashcart for the romhacks. That cart can work on any region provided you buy the right one.

I just got a JP console because it was cheaper than the equivalent USA one!

Got it, thanks! Fucking Nintendo and it's region locking tabs...

meppi

The month before the first part of my summer vacation always seems to be the most expensive one for me.

Been picking up quite a lot of stuff the past month or so...

Started completing my PS3 collection after going 360 exclusive for nearly 2 years:

iDXmhDT5SylbN.jpg

Some great imports that arrived a little earlier. Second shipment should arrive in a month. :)

iFnaQqxTAud2Z.jpg

Some great movies to watch on warm summer nights.

ibiJPC7P1AzO06.jpg

And two books to read in the backyard while hopefully enjoying some sun this year.

ibpZzxw6K8y0XX.jpg

Man, I'd be so tempted to tear that Quake big box open to smell the inside of it. Used to love the smell of big box PC games.

What?

(Great pickup!)

I haven't got pics but I thought it was too good of a deal not to post.

Just got the Tot Story trilogy on Blu Ray for £9.99 from the Disney store. Weirdly cheaper than the DVD trilogy. I also finally decided to get the Jaws Blu Ray and Tree of Life on DVD.

Tigel

Hello GAF,

first posting from a longtime lurker!

BTW, nice thread series.

Here are my pickups from June/July, so far:

3u5aeUZ.jpg

Can't speak about Ghost Recon, but the other 3 are great games. Enjoy!

Edit: And get ready to have your mind blown by 999. Go for the true ending and stay the hell away from spoilers!

Nullgradkelvin

Neo Member
Can't speak about Ghost Recon, but the other 3 are great games. Enjoy!

Edit: And get ready to have your mind blown by 999. Go for the true ending and stay the hell away from spoilers!

Yes! My mind is already blown away by 999.
So far, i have played through the
Safe Ending and the Sub Ending
I hate it when June dies
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
I will shortly receive the sequel Virtue's Last Reward for my 3DS.

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is a good turn-based strategy game (love this genre).
It has some flaws, but I have enjoyed the campaign (very time consuming).

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
$10 WiiU games at Blockbuster. They mostly suck - or have superior versions on other consoles/PC. But for that little, figured "why not?"

9218133837_eaebc66052_c.jpg

Grabbed Animal Crossing, too. Haven't started it, yet; but it seems to be getting a lot of love on GAF.

9224210363_55f0626611_c.jpg

Picked up a binder and some clear sheets to store every order invoice and instruction booklet for the PC I'm building:

9226993272_6b352d3154_c.jpg

And a crap-ton of zip ties; this thing needs a lot of TLC:

9220903182_9329382e08_c.jpg

So i got rid of my Xbox 360 Slim,SSF4AE and my two Original TE sticks.

That paid off PS4. Completely.

So i am just a PS3 SSF4AE guy till next-gen and i was looking for an arcade stick on the cheap until TE2 comes out for Xbox one or PS4 (undecided on what version of TE2)

Found this $60 used but great condition.

mUgAjrh.jpg

JrIi8tk.jpg

I hate the game on it but who cares, great stick as expected.

Much lighter than original TE

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I've bought a lot of shit recently, but this just came yesterday:

BOcFWhgCAAA07px.jpg

Tryin' to round out my PS3 collection (limited as it is), and after finding out the retail version had the proper ending song whereas the download version did not... I figured I might as well just bite the bullet while the thing's still available.

Third time I've bought the game. Still have never played it :-/

Sagitario

I never had that particular headset so I don't know all of the differences, but this has a built in Mic, Bass Impact - which is basically rumble for your ears, it has "virtual 7.1" sound, it seems a bit more flexible, and it's just chock full of dials and buttons.

Here's a review that might prove a little more useful to you

I just read that review and I am 80% convinced of getting it. Will it be compatible with the PS4? That would bump it to 99%... I also wonder if it would work with the Wii U.

Tritton's Warhead 7.1 seems amazing, but it's too expensive :(

I just read that review and I am 80% convinced of getting it. Will it be compatible with the PS4? That would bump it to 99%... I also wonder if it would work with the Wii U.

Tritton's Warhead 7.1 seems amazing, but it's too expensive :(

Bought mine a few days ago and from what I read up on them, they were being used as the headsets for PS4 display units at E3.

The only thing their not compatible is the Xbox 360 (surprise!).

They work with the PC for Skype etc with a nifty little USB receiver and you can use them whilst charging them.

Top Bottom