• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Some cracking pick ups here like always.

As for me, recently got these beauties;

BATTLE BAKRAID PCB;
zojjxWt.jpg

DODONPACHI SDJ;
WPIIqjw.jpg

ANIMAL CROSSING 3DSXL;
FGkvCa8.jpg

Nice. It looks like I am getting one then.
I am guessing they are not compatible with the Wii U either.

It comes with a headphone jack wire that you can plug into any headphone socket and the other end into the headphones and it plays the sound that way.

No virtual surround sound using that feature, but the base still works along with the fact they dont need to be charged if your using the wire like that.

You can also plug the USB stick into a TV and then run the wire from your TV you the USB stick and transmit the sound that way as well.

Chocobro

I decided to upgrade from my aged Droid X to the Samsung Galaxy S3 for $30. Based on my usage, the S4 isn't worth the extra $150. Still waiting for the Skinomi screen protector to come in the mail tomorrow.
InaQcCQl.jpg

Also got the IEMs for $99 to use in the subway and casual listening.
H2Hp2agl.jpg

joe1138

9229902105_0395917ccc.jpg

Anime Expo pick up. Got a really good price on it too, one vendor had it listed for $200 but I managed to pick up mine for $140.

From the past few weeks:

1043958_10101802411185394_1139450274_n.jpg

Kitty Pryde, FemShep, Agent G

998833_10101802411340084_1339117659_n.jpg

Battle Girls: Time Paradox, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari

8004_10101801270276784_1818869369_n.jpg

Molten Hot Dog, Bronze Hot Dog, and Regular Hot Dog

1002733_10101789439460834_1859246050_n.jpg

Project X Zone

1010168_10101788482483624_1745677491_n.jpg

Red Asuka

7798_10101778299754894_1787575841_n.jpg

954839_10101778299714974_1458776284_n.jpg

Lili

1044763_10101791772605194_1933671129_n.jpg

Kidrobot x Street Fighter Mini Figure 2-Packs

Grief.exe

Hello GAF,

first posting from a longtime lurker!

BTW, nice thread series.

Here are my pickups from June/July, so far:

3u5aeUZ.jpg

I am having so much trouble finding good DS games.

I've actually picked up some very rare SNES and GBA games on Craigslist, but I'm only finding shovelware for DS.

Its frustrating.

It's becoming impossible to find a decent sling or shoulder bag for under $40. So I started looking for a lightweight, no-frills, medium-sized backpack.

I found almost exactly what I was looking for while waiting for my wife at the mall yesterday.

unpacked.jpg

(3DS XL for size reference)

I saw it hanging on a mannequin at the Oakley shop and it took me forever to find the actual item for sale, because it collapses into this:

packedup.jpg

(3DS XL for size reference)

I'm starting to feel like the only dude left who doesn't have this game. And it's not a good feeling.

When I first played the game years ago, (some time after getting Garegga on the Saturn) I was pretty unimpressed by it.

Years later, following the likes of Ibara - which I grew to love (it was hard love), I really started getting a craving for it, especially since watching a few superplays and messing around on MAME.

I guess it may well be flavour of the year for this game, no doubt a year or two down the line people will be getting shot of it.

Give it an extensive blast in MAME and watch some superplays and see if you really 'need' it in your life.

As always, I post a video of my pickups instead of pictures. This month's video can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSZ-2Vrx3sY

The list:

WRV Pickups
June 2013 - The Last of Us: New Leaf XL Edition + Lots More!

Huge pickup month with both games and books including:

3DS XL System
Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS
The Last of Us for PS3
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for 3DS
Rayman Origins for PSV
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure for PS3
Kitty Goes to Washington by Carrie Vaughn
Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn
Cassidy Jones and the Seventh Attendant by Elise Stokes
Morganville Vampires Volume 4 by Rachel Caine
The Snowfly by Joseph Heywood
Invisible by Marni Bates
Camelot & Vine by Petrea Burchard
Reviver by Seth Patrick
Mighty Switch Force 2 for 3DS
Nintendo Land for WiiU
Mega Man 1, 2, and 3 for WiiU
Super Mario Bros. 2 for WiiU

*Some of the digital things I forgot to include in the video..

Hey guys & gals. Long time reader of GAF but this is my first post! (my account just got validated the other day)
For some reason I love checking out this thread. Seeing people's latest pick ups with actual pics instead of stock photo's is pretty cool. Some of you guys have got some mighty rare stuff recently!

Anywho, So far for July I managed to get:
- The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Vol.2

The Final Fantasy Artbook set is simply jaw dropping. I was well pissed that I was unable to get the first printing (despite having a pre-order for several months). So I could not pass this second printing (minus the signed autograph and extra books).

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Vol.2

Sylver

Banned
Couldn't resist for $5 PS+.

I think you should post your purchase (download list, account manager, purchase...), because of this:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....]

I got this killer GZ poster today. I have an extra one in case anyone is interested.
It's totally authentic and, as far as I know, it's pretty rare. I know there's at least one other similar version out there (which is double-sided), but this one here is, again, pretty rare. It was used by Konami as signage at an earlier PAX convention, and at special events in honor of the 25th anniversary of the series.

DSC03616.jpg

DSC03618.jpg

DSC03622.jpg

DSC03612.jpg

DSC03611.jpg

Super high quality stuff. I can't wait to get it framed!

Mainly June pickups which I hadn't already posted:

Animal Crossing: New Lead (3DS) + Prima's Official Guide
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
Serenity: Reel Heroes Sleeve Limited Edition (BluRay)
Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition (PS3) -> 30 euros for a brand new copy!
WD Scorpio Blue 1 Tb 2.5 inch hdd for the PS3

Also picked up a free Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) from Club Nintendo, and Fez and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (PC) from GOG.

and a Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker T-shirt.

dWzDirY.jpg

Seik

Banned
The seller just accepted my offer on Ebay.

This is not what I'm getting though, because it'll be sealed. Got it for 38$.

For those who don't know it has a early demo of FFVII that came out a while before the game's release and it has this FFVI Remake Siggraph tech demo pretty much representing what Square could have achieved back then on the N64. I think it's worth the money just to have this video on it's official disc. :p

Y8YAzAw.jpg

I got this killer GZ poster today. I have an extra one in case anyone is interested.
It's totally authentic and, as far as I know, it's pretty rare. I know there's at least one other similar version out there (which is double-sided), but this one here is, again, pretty rare. It was used by Konami as signage at an earlier PAX convention, and at special events in honor of the 25th anniversary of the series.

DSC03616.jpg

DSC03618.jpg

DSC03622.jpg

DSC03612.jpg

DSC03611.jpg

Super high quality stuff. I can't wait to get it framed!

I'm really interested. I'll pay for it as well - check your PM's!

I'm really torn on whether to get into this or not. I assume you're digging it?

To be honest. I have yet to read volume 1 let alone 2!
I have this habit of collecting Manga i'm really interested in in bulk, then just binge through them in one day. The main reason I'm more eager on collecting this Gundam series is that i've read that this release is getting a limited print run so I didn't want to risk not being able to buy it sometime down the line.

The Sky: the Art of Final Fantasy

qNZ4lLG.jpg

L+R are reprint editions, with the original first print (English) edition in the centre (only the reprints were recent pickups). You can't really tell in this shot, but the original is larger/heaver than the reprint, obviously due to the extra content.

Sigma722

Hey guys & gals. Long time reader of GAF but this is my first post! (my account just got validated the other day)
For some reason I love checking out this thread. Seeing people's latest pick ups with actual pics instead of stock photo's is pretty cool. Some of you guys have got some mighty rare stuff recently!

The Final Fantasy Artbook set is simply jaw dropping. I was well pissed that I was unable to get the first printing (despite having a pre-order for several months). So I could not pass this second printing (minus the signed autograph and extra books).

Where did you preorder through? Seeing yours and the other person's made me finally pre-order it through amazon. Would love to get it sooner.

Huge lot I grabbed off ebay just came in. Not bad for $100 shipped, even the custom cases are cool (all games are in real nice shape). Odd lineup to get custom cases for though... Still for just over $2 a game no was I would pass it up.

Where did you preorder through? Seeing yours and the other person's made me finally pre-order it through amazon. Would love to get it sooner.

I pre-ordered mine via BookDepository. I'm based in the UK so I got it quicker considering they are based in the UK.
Although they do offer free worldwide delivery but I have no idea how reliable that may be.
If you want it ASAP i suggest you order from them now. They have it in stock and it is cheaper than amazon surprisingly!
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Sky-Art-Final-Fantasy-Yoshitaka-Amano/9781616551605

L+R are reprint editions, with the original first print (English) edition in the centre (only the reprints were recent pickups). You can't really tell in this shot, but the original is larger/heaver than the reprint, obviously due to the extra content.

Whoa. BTW, how comes you picked up two copies of the reprint? For collectors purposes?

Whoa. BTW, how comes you picked up two copies of the reprint? For collectors purposes?

Well, I had a copy ordered with Amazon since the day the reprint was announced at the start of this year. However, all of a sudden copies started turning up for sale on ebay locally, so I went ahead and bought one in case Amazon/Dark Horse messed up again. Before I know it, Amazon start shipping a few weeks prior to the long-standing official release date. So I'm leaving myself with a reading copy and yes, one to tuck away in the collection. Saying that, my first print copy is still sealed - I'm too intimidated to open the damn thing!

LadyRiven

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Vol.2

1st of all, welcome!
The Sky is a really stunning set, isn't it? I picked up the original printing and it was worth every penny. Really glad they gave it a re-print because it sold out really fast in the pre-order phase. ><

Top Bottom