• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

TokiDoki

0HGZaj4.jpg

mmm New case and SSD . Everything feels so snappy with the SSD , I'm satisfied . So far I'm only a graphic card upgrade away from Next Gen

G7MxtIu.jpg

3 new Manhua. Really like this. Wonder why europe and america wont release more. I think the art is more or less far better than a lot of manga offer.

base-reduit-300x176-f91c2.jpg

Again mostly retro pickups so far in June...

Hyper Sports 1, 2 and 3 (MSX)
Hyper Olympic 1 and 2 (MSX)
Konami's Boxing (MSX)
Yie Ar Kung-Fu 2 (MSX)
Parodius (MSX)
also: a complete Knightmare (MSX)

Metal Gear Solid (GBC)

a 32Gb SD card to make the 3DS ready for the digital age.

and the Berserk Complete Collection. Picked it up after I saw it posted on here.

and finally Deadly Premonition Director's Cut (PS3).

justinschwimmer

Neo Member
Does that mean you have 12 PS4 preorders with Gamestop? Because if that's so I heard that they've caught on to that and are calling the people who have multiple preorders through different stores and telling them they'll have to offer a refund for all but one reserve.

No, no, i'm not one of those assholes. It's just the number in line i am for each console for 1st day shipment. I'd never do that...

Coconut

Banned
Again mostly retro pickups so far in June...

Hyper Sports 1, 2 and 3 (MSX)
Hyper Olympic 1 and 2 (MSX)
Konami's Boxing (MSX)
Yie Ar Kung-Fu 2 (MSX)
Parodius (MSX)
also: a complete Knightmare (MSX)

Metal Gear Solid (GBC)

a 32Gb SD card to make the 3DS ready for the digital age.

and the Berserk Complete Collection. Picked it up after I saw it posted on here.

and finally Deadly Premonition Director's Cut (PS3).

The game boy color version of MGS is a nice snag, very under appreciated in my opinion.

Sylver

Banned
DEga4SJ.png

The Witcher 1 + 2 only 9,5€ is an awesome steam sale.
I always have been interested in this franchise, time to prepare for 3rd itineration for PS4.

Shady859

Same as everyone else except I had planned on just renting it until I saw the hype wagon and was to late for the comic book version. :( Hopefully it's available separately as I am a zombie/apocalypse nerd.
Not pictured:
A Microsoft guy flipping to Sony....
PS4 reserved at GameStop $100 deposit, #6 at biggest store in area.
Also reserved Watchdogs, BF4, CoD and a extra controller while there for $5 each.

Bit of a hodgepodge of pickups...

First of all, The Last of Us:
7b1f9d315e6cc5ef0dc320ebbef5a201_zpse94e7187.jpg

DE9CAB23-1032-49C4-BA5E-57CFAB31EB15-1731-000001A695A30402_zps2ef119d0.jpg

Secondly, a t-shirt from Brooklyn Industries:
c1d92110659aed3c2dbf1195d0a68a7e_zps1222b151.jpg

Finally, some toiletries & soap:
b6362032e628b969a09f88fbdb17905b_zpsdf214d27.jpg

Built some shelves today with a mate.

I dislike pre-built or flatpack bookshelves for games and movies because they are way too deep resulting in wasted space and extra dusting.

Fuck that noise, It's Tool Time. Particle board? MDF? Ain't nobody got time for that shit. Pine and man sweat.

MVSzpV7.jpg

My Tokyo Drift HD-DVD has a new home.

these look really good, im kinda in the same situation where i really dont like any book cases/bluray storage shelves and have thought about either building a case like that or just installing wall shelves

My Lumia 920 was getting on my tits, awful experience. So I picked up an iPhone 5, tide me over to the 5s or the 6, we'll see.

17jxct.png

225ya3.png

Been through a few phones lately but I have realized the iPhone is just better.

3u2l33.png

just curious why did you not like the 920? I have been an iPhone user since the OG iPhone but I have been debating on picking up a WP8 phone and looked at the 920

Sethos

Banned
just curious why did you not like the 920? I have been an iPhone user since the OG iPhone but I have been debating on picking up a WP8 phone and looked at the 920

Well, for the longest time I was suffering with a ton of phone soft-freezes. Basically when you were browsing or even just navigating the OS, it would stop responding. So you had to turn off the screen and then back on. It would also start seeing one-finger input as multi-finger input meaning you were zooming instead of scrolling etc. That appear to have been fixed in the latest update.

Then you have the app store which is a barren wasteland of shit, extremely few quality Apps that aren't made by Nokia for the phone. My friends with Android and iOs were always saying I needed to check out this app and that game, however NONE of them were on the store. Always some alternative ugly ass looking applications with barely half the functionality and not a shred of intuitive design.

Insane battery usage with data turned on. One day with the phone on standby for the entire day I reached 9 hours from a full charge. Without data you can go 6 days with minimal usage. So the last few months I've had to constantly navigate the menus to turn on / off data when I was home, out, not using it etc.

Too many app crashes and freezes. Image being out on a long ass walk or bike run with Endomondo running, so I wanted to change tunes on the phone and it spassed out, couldn't open Endomondo for 5-10 minutes because it just closed again and when I finally got it open, stats gone. Happened 3 times in a month.

It gets way, way too hot doing the most simple tasks. Browsing the internet can make it super hot on the back, I was out for a walk listening to some music and got it out of the pocket -- Never felt a phone that hot.

The GPS is ultra-ultra slow at finding a satellite with this phone. The Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4 I had before could find one in 10 seconds MAX. The Lumia could take 2-3 minutes sometimes.

I never had problems typing on my iPhone or Galaxy S3, however the Lumia for some reason was a nightmare. I ALWAYS seemed to hit the wrong buttons, I constantly had to delete and correct plus the Danish dictionary was pretty dismal at times.

Browser is awful. Connected to my Wifi and 170 Mbit connection, thing could take ages to load a simple page. Like navigating to GAF, it just sits for several seconds with some low-res version of the page running in the background. You can scroll but not click ... Then it looks normal and you can browse. Oh and GIF heavy sites / threads crash the browser.

It had a tendency when you pulled out the ear-plug cord to just keep playing. On all my other phones, you usually just yank the cord and the phone goes silent with whatever you were playing. Here, it often just keeps playing which can be quite embarrassing when in some public place. So you have to take it out of your pocket, stop the music, back in the pocket. To me, that's a major nuisance.

I could probably add a lot more niggles and flaws that annoy you when using the phone but I think those are my key points. However I still think the phone is beautiful and it's a real shame I have to ditch it.

seeds19

Banned
01f0f1afbad32028b9f2d38ad4c3a0f6_zpsa33c6293.jpg

33284013912a5b75a1a70d0b0ded8ade_zps075254e6.jpg

7835006a14d45cc65c300d462edd7086_zps0a7dcba9.jpg

e0312694591df37b5f0fb46298bb014b_zps7a655c68.jpg

mini itx mobo, gpu beast, SSD (not pictured), cpu cooler ( the backplate of the coolermaster hyper 212 Evo doesn't fit in the mobo) PC case and the last of us.

PRE E3
87b820ee038e634c2083c199e6501088_zps37357422.jpg

Post E3
a570e423246c572815b542cd86083bd5_zpsc085ee84.jpg

the PS4 and killzone shadow fall and driveclub preorder.

Mexx

Neo Member
Picked it up few days ago, forgot to post! :)
74f94d30d38911e2913e22000ae8004c_7.jpg

I just totally love it, I spent one year with Android, Samsung and HTC phones, but damn, iPhone is just better.
One thing I noticed is that the black model scratches really easliy. When I took it out of the box it already had few scuffs, and everyday there is more of them. Love a design of black iPhone, but if I had second choice, I would propably go with white unit.
Still, awesome phone.

haikira

The Last of Us: Joel Edition - My local rental store decided to have a closing down sale, same weekend this came out. Box is a little rough around the edges, but i got it for very cheap.

1q6jes.png

TheGamer

This thread is probably going to get a lot of these, but here is what I got in the mail yesterday:

Also, I parted way with the Pokemon Red and Blue version when I was a kid and had a chance to pick those up, which I did. I needed to get the Yellow gameboy color to play them on. I also got the Steelbook edition of Scarface at Target for $12. I thought it was a great deal.

sikkinixx

9037519611_0926337240_z.jpg

I feel like I already posted these... but I don't think I did?

Anyway some New Balance 420's on clearance for $40. I ordered a pair of orange ones too. Comfy!

Top Bottom