• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

micster

New t-shirt

Had to get one of those after seeing it.

3yFbrC9.jpg

Chairhome

By the way, what're GAF's thoughts on Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney? I might be able to get my hands on a copy, and I did like the Miles Edgeworth game demo I tried out at the Wii's Nintendo Channel, but other than that I've never played any Ace Attorney games before, and I fear I might end up enjoying the game less due to missing references to earlier games.
I would highly recommend it. But I'm a fan of the whole series. The original trilogy just came out on IOS, and they were ported to WiiWare as well. If you can, play those first, there's some connections to the old games in Apollo Justice. Being a fan, I didn't really like Miles Edgeworth Investigations as much as I did the Ace Attorney games.

lvlzero

Banned
At first I was all like "I need those shoes"... (Seriously what are they called so that I can scoop up a pair)

...then I scrolled a bit down and...

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So nice...AND the Nismo edition Volks (Rays) are the cherry on top!
theyre called Reebok Zigmaze 2, they come in various color setups but the ones i bought were my fav.

getting size 12 (uk) here in japan was a NIGHTMARE!

Simpsonology

Neo Member
I assume you were referencing the post of mine he quoted. Third from the left on the top row is The National - Trouble Will Find Me. It is there new album and it is fantastic. Just recently saw then live, great band.

Yeah sorry my mistake, I didn't know they released new album, they are great band indeed :). Thanks!

Anemone

Neo Member
I'm really digging the Virtual Boy love on this page. Probably the best $50 firesale I ever bought into. Back in '96 EB had a pyramid of them for $25 a piece and games for $5. I ended up snagging a system, an A/C adapter Wario Land, Teleroboxer, and Jack Bros. That along with the Mario Tennis Pack-in made for a great summer as a kid.

Jondoyle123

Neo Member
im a full time lurker on this thread

but here is my pick ups for today !! and the first of many posts to come

dsc01835ju.jpg

and i got married saturday gone ! this was our cake topper lol

dsc01702h.jpg

photo.php

she knows me well , think i found a keeper ;)

I haven't post in here in awhile.

jHeIZmUl.jpg

I got these two from Microsoft for $20.00 each.

C3Gxczsl.jpg

These are buy one get one 40% off at TRU.

I have however been picking up LEGO.

0oOhsQcl.jpg

7cfmzoYl.jpg

Thanks to LEGO thread on NeoGaf, I have been wasting most of my disposable income on these bricks instead of gaming stuffs.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501106

And yeah, people need to resize there images... giant ass image suck for browsing.

Westraid

For the tiniest bit I was doubting whether or not to wait for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, but after playing Wild World for a week I just found it a chore. I couldn't combine it with Guild Wars 2 anyway.

kTp.png

It's my first Fire Emblem game, only played little bits of Sacred Stones on a friends cart. I hope it's not too complicated, but I really enjoyed the demo.

This is actually a pickup from May 2013 but I never got around to sharing it here. Better late than never I guess.

I bought this unique official JSR T-shirt from a place called Wonderful T-Shirt Festival in Akihabara. At least that's what I think the store was called. It was a little hole in the wall place that was filled with wall-to wall T-shirts of Anime, game, indie art, and net art designs. I think I've bought a few things from this retailer before in Harujuku many years before as they had a couple of my shirt designs I've had since my first time living in Japan.

I'm not too sure if I want to wear it though. I love JSR and Sega with all my heart but I work too much to have time for a T-Shirt, especially an orange one. I may end off selling it to another fan. It's a Japanese Large by the way. They only had S-Large when I was there last month. They may all be gone by now...

If I don't end up selling it I may frame it or turn it into a pillow perhaps...

TsfeTDT.jpg

Local comic store moved to a new location, so for the new grand opening they were giving out Omnibuses for the first 10 people, and for the next 90 there were hardcover trades. In order to get them for free though you had to buy something. I could have bought a comic book, but I decided to get a pack of Pokemon cards in case anything good for my deck. Not much good in the pack, but I did get some decent cards for trading.

Mercutio

I've finally fulfilled my childhood dream of owning Neo Geo arcade hardware. Someday I'll build a housing to both display the console and allow for built in sticks.

I have a multi-cart in there now, and I have several carts coming from eBay.

I just can't get over how great this thing is to play, and how well the Omega shell compliments the classic Neo-Geo design.

Omega_hero_zps50b9f7f5.jpg

Omega_rear_zpscb0d6c11.jpg

Got a used stick to compliment it. Needed a little cleaning and a new ball-top (saved the old one) but it works very well now.

Omega_ctrl_zpse7fdca4d.jpg

Mobius 1

I've finally fulfilled my childhood dream of owning Neo Geo arcade hardware. Someday I'll build a housing to both display the console and allow for built in sticks.

I have a multi-cart in there now, and I have several carts coming from eBay.

I just can't get over how great this thing is to play, and how well the Omega shell compliments the classic Neo-Geo design.

Omega_hero_zps50b9f7f5.jpg

Omega_rear_zpscb0d6c11.jpg

Got a used stick to compliment it. Needed a little cleaning and a new ball-top (saved the old one) but it works very well now.

Omega_ctrl_zpse7fdca4d.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa.. explain what this thing is.

Mercutio

Whoa whoa whoa.. explain what this thing is.

This is a "consolized" MVS system. The MVS is Neo Geo's "Multi-Video" arcade machine; it's the actual hardware inside of a Neo Geo arcade system. These arcade systems actually took gigantic cartridges (the yellow thing in my pictures) so an arcade owner could swap things around, or even have multiple games plugged into one system if they had a multi-cart board.

mvs_neo.jpg

Basically, this is a Neo Geo arcade motherboard in a custom shell made by a company called Arcade Works. It runs any Neo Geo MVS arcade game, and hooks up by RGB to my Plasma or LCD. It also uses the old Neo Geo home controllers, either from the Neo Geo CD or the Neo Geo AES. I intend to make my own controllers at some point, though.

Top Bottom