• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

phoenixyz

Got this Macintosh SE for free from my work today
k9Q.jpg

Missing cable to the keyboard and the mouse thoug.

You should totally carry that thing to your next Starbucks and use it there.

my question is where did you get the $2.50 frames?? (love Metroid series btw)

I have a bunch of Dreamwave Transformers posters I need framed.

I just grabbed them at the SuperStore by my work, I imagine you'd find similar ones at Walmart or stores of the like.

The frames were on clearance but even at the regular price they were pretty reasonable ($5 or $6).

dab0ne

Got all this from a recent Crunchyroll giveaway.
The Battle of Z copy up top is supposed to an autographed import by producer Hashimoto Kunio, but I have yet to unwrap it.

That Master Stars Goku is great! I have it and the Vegeta. Also, it separates at the hip for storage...at least mine does.

Mario Kart 8 was obliterating my gamepad battery so I went and got the extended battery. Transistor soundtrack and I picked up an xbone controller for PC.

20140620_132155rhipq.jpg

I was in need of a headphone upgrade so I picked up the M50x. This colour scheme is gorgeous in person

20140620_132122k9fa1.jpg

wilflare

Mario Kart 8 was obliterating my gamepad battery so I went and got the extended battery. Transistor soundtrack and I picked up an xbone controller for PC.

20140620_132155rhipq.jpg

I was in need of a headphone upgrade so I picked up the M50x. This colour scheme is gorgeous in person

20140620_132122k9fa1.jpg

where did you get your battery?
I'm so close to importing from Amazon Japan

KillerBEA

Bought and Xbox One and Assassin's Creed 4 with it. I finally caved since they started selling kinectless versions of the console.

1532005_10203226119206377_4184853372377946437_n.jpg

Pringler

I made a dream come true! Bought a Mercedes A-Class. I'm loving it so far!

After driving a Renault for a couple of years it is basically a revelation :)

aclass.jpg

Just a couple of games today...

Now to decide on the Mario Kart 8 free game...it's between Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101.

You mean, "Just a couple of GREAT games today..." Awesome, man, enjoy them both!

Also, I ended up getting WiiParty U because my hubby got a copy of MK8, as well and picked up a free game and we already have the other titles. I thought, what the heck...might as well get the one we don't have and our seven year old will enjoy it.

Gameboy415

I got some really cool stuff over the last few weeks:

81uXQku.jpg

-Nadia finally dropped in price on Amazon, I grabbed the LEGO Movie at Wal-Mart, and I got the Jurassic Park movies at Disc Replay.

sXjFhrK.jpg

-I got a refurbished Roku 3 from Woot.com's sale earlier this week and it just showed up today.

Z4ON5Z6.jpg

-My black Retron5 just showed up today too! My patience paid off - I got it for $76.19 from Amazon. :)

ReWWJOP.jpg

-I secured a copy of DJMax from the recent reprint, found the other Vita & 3DS games on clearance, and finally tracked down some obscure PS2/Wii games that had eluded me thus far.
I also imported a super-cheap copy of Tomodachi Collection for DS (not pictured).

1xwKFNb.jpg

-I went a little crazy on Nintendo swag this month, haha!
I got the LE DSiXL from Half-Price Books for just over $50, the Mario figure from Amazon, and the Luigi Gamecube Controller, Mario Kart 8 bundle Wii Wheel, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Gashapon & Treasure Chest, Year of Luigi coins, and Club Nintendo calendars are all from eBay.

Been a while since I last posted in the pick-up thread, I should do it more often, but I usually spend too much time with the whole process, so I usually do it on weekends. Problems is most weekends I end up doing other stuff and neglecting this, haha.

Anyway, I just wanted to post an amazing pick-up for me this month, the Persona Q Nintendo 3DS LL Console (titled "Velvet Model"). I don't usually buy stuff "day-one" but when it comes to certain limited editions and notably Atlus/SMT stuff (which I collect), I always get it during launch.

Even so, when I import stuff it usually takes a few weeks to arrive, but for this item I had to use a courier for shipping so despite coming off expensive, it was pretty nice to receive it within a week.

Well, enough with the blabbering, here's the pics

tRsRgZv.jpg
H9O3tny.jpg

bIkeygK.jpg
wVp1JrI.jpg

Here's the game, sadly no manual, just a pamphlet with some tips and fusion table.

494AAcW.jpg

JJEwJJf.jpg
FAPB0Ip.jpg

Here are some shots with my Shin Megami Tensei IV model. I still prefer it over the new PQ model, even though it looks pretty good too

nvkqv2o.jpg
4G8E2WG.jpg

F29MTTQ.jpg
cqT6Fvy.jpg

I guess that's about it for this post, gonna get back to PQ, hehe. I hope you guys get it, it's a good game, I'm enjoying it so far (I'm 20hrs in, I believe).

TKR92

Surface Pro 3 (with Purple type cover)
True Detective, Alien Anthology, Prometheus Blu-ray
小泉今日子&中井貴一 - T字路 single

14468586514_ea9a7b183e.jpg

Phenomic

Stunning collection, I am so jealous. I wonder if The Wind Rises will ever make it to the U.S.

I'm guessing you mean the Blu-ray release? I saw the Wind Rises in theaters in the states.. Seems kind of crazy to go to the expense to do the theater and then not bring out a physical afterwards. I wouldn't stress it too much, they are probably working on it.

finalflame

The Wind Rises will absolutely beyond the shadow of a doubt 100 % positively make it to the U.S. Count on it.

Heck, I bought the Japananese DVD and it has both English subtitles and English audio.

Holy cow! It has English subs? I need to import this ASAP. Is it only the DVD that has English subs? Any English subs on the Blu-Ray? Where did you import yours from?

meppi

Grabbed a couple spare Japanese PSP systems as stock is running out quickly.

And at the same time, I couldn't make an order without including a Musou game. ;)

jwwKSVL.jpg

meppi

Freak! Just kidding...I like your passion for the PSP.

Hey! I only have 8 PSP's now! ;(

;)

I see it as getting a couple of extra controllers for older systems. Since when your controller breaks, your whole system is done for. I really don't like the thought of having to hunt for a second hand system in X amount of years that costs as much or even more than a brand new one right now.

You should see my Dreamcast controller+VMU box I bought a couple of years ago. I think I have about 20 of each now, brand new in box.
Set for life! :)

Jupilerman

Neo Member
-I went a little crazy on Nintendo swag this month, haha!
I got the LE DSiXL from Half-Price Books for just over $50, the Mario figure from Amazon, and the Luigi Gamecube Controller, Mario Kart 8 bundle Wii Wheel, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Gashapon & Treasure Chest, Year of Luigi coins, and Club Nintendo calendars are all from eBay.

How much did you pay for the luigi controller?

Hey! I only have 8 PSP's now! ;(

;)

I see it as getting a couple of extra controllers for older systems. Since when your controller breaks, your whole system is done for. I really don't like the thought of having to hunt for a second hand system in X amount of years that costs as much or even more than a brand new one right now.

You should see my Dreamcast controller+VMU box I bought a couple of years ago. I think I have about 20 of each now, brand new in box.
Set for life! :)

Or you could treat your "controllers" more gently, so that they don't break. ;-) (j/k)

I'm thinking the 8 PSPs is to make up for the fact that you sold your first PSP and abandoned this great little system, regretting it ever since. :D

QaaQer

Not game related, but had this done this evening.

psF3Jtgl.jpg

fantastic tat. You're gonna get a lot of strange looks though.

I have a tat that kinda looks like abstract art done in a prison. I'd say maybe 1 in 20, when they see it, don't look like they just bit into a lemon.

meppi

Or you could treat your "controllers" more gently, so that they don't break. ;-) (j/k)

I'm thinking the 8 PSPs is to make up for the fact that you sold your first PSP and abandoned this great little system, regretting it ever since. :D

I think you're on to something there. ;)
Well, didn't sell my original one actually. Just put it away and didn't touch it for many years.

Thinking about it, I never actually had a system fail on my except for my original PSone, which isn't a surprise really.
Oh and my Dreamcast that I had some idiot mod to play import games.
He basically botched the mod, covered it up and after a while the system overheated due to his shoddy work. Bought a new one 2 days later as I couldn't be without it. :)
I think that's actually what started my obsession with grabbing at least one spare brand new system for every console or handheld I have.
Must have been a real traumatic experience looking back at it. ;)

Top Bottom