• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Went to a few toysrus and came up dry, struck gold on the 3rd one, got all of this for 40 bucks. Also just ordered a refurbished wiiu from nintendo.
a49xrRv.jpg

tav7623

So far 99% of the stuff I've picked up/gotten this month have been almost exclusively digital with the only physical items being Resistance 2 GH for the PS3 and Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition for the Sega Genesis.

Digital Games:
Charlie Murder (GwG/360)
Dark Souls (GwG/360)
Max Payne 3 * (GS $5 xbl giveaway code + $5 Deals with Gold sale = Free)
Super Street Fighter IV AE (GwG/360)
Twisted Metal PS3
1001 Spikes (Wii U)
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (Wii U VC)
Pikmin 3 *
Shovel Knight (Wii U)
AVGN Adventures (PC)
Blacklight: Tango Down (PC)
Duke Nukem: Megaton Edition (PC)
Mark of the Ninja (PC)
Outlast (PC)
Payday: The Heist (PC)
Scary Girl (PC)
Shadow Man (PC)
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux (PC)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II (PC)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (PC)
Tiny Brains (PC)
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (PC)
Velvet Assassin (PC)
Dead Space (PC) *
Guacamelee! Gold Edition (PC) *
Monaco (PC) *
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malakai (PC)*
Plants vs. Zombie GotY Edition (PC) *
Shank (PC) *
They Bleed Pixels (PC) *

Digital Books/Comics/Magazines:
X-23: Target X
Shadow Man #1 * (came w/game)

Digital Music:
The Bomb by Pigeon John
Payday: The Heist Soundtrack
Shadow Man Soundtrack * (came w/game)
The Witcher Soundtrack * (came w/game)

* = Free

Marceles

Bayou Billy brings back so many fun memories. Probably the best game I've played on NES that uses both Zapper Gun and controller. (maybe one of the only ones)

Got back from a retro convention. Nothing too special, but I finally got the CDi Zelda for a pretty good price. The other two are a lot more expensive I think, so I might never get them as they're just for collecting purposes to me and let's be honest here: the games are abominations. Curious abominations, but abominations all the same.

I'm very happy to get a bunch of clear plastic covers for my NES and SNES games. In hindsight I should have gotten more SNES ones, as they're the same size as N64 boxes, but I'll get those next time for sure.

The rest of the games is just fairly random stuff I always wanted to play (Street Fighter 2015, Young Merlin) or pure nostalgia-based, like Rush 'n Attack and Bayou Billy.

RNb12K3.jpg

vRfGWlW.jpg

MarkusRJR

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm happy I finally own this game, but it's ridiculous...The game was brand new. All stuff was included, pristine, Club Nintendo code was unused. It's so obvious GameStop was just holding copies of this game in back to try and profit off of it. Fuck that store. But whatever, I finally own it.

GeNoMe

Got back from a retro convention. Nothing too special, but I finally got the CDi Zelda for a pretty good price. The other two are a lot more expensive I think, so I might never get them as they're just for collecting purposes to me and let's be honest here: the games are abominations. Curious abominations, but abominations all the same.

I'm very happy to get a bunch of clear plastic covers for my NES and SNES games. In hindsight I should have gotten more SNES ones, as they're the same size as N64 boxes, but I'll get those next time for sure.

The rest of the games is just fairly random stuff I always wanted to play (Street Fighter 2015, Young Merlin) or pure nostalgia-based, like Rush 'n Attack and Bayou Billy.

RNb12K3.jpg

I'm loving the Bart Smit sticker on Bayou Billy XD
Great haul btw!

Kilrathi

How well does it work? I used to have an HDMI switch but it had weird issues with detection (it'd auto-change to machines on standby or cut out on all-black loading screens), would cut out randomly during explosions in games, and added a bunch of lag. I'd like to get a new one but I'm worried about those issues I had on my prior one.

its been working pretty good so far for me only had it for a day now and really havent used much, i used one of those cheap 5 port switch i bough off amazon that didnt like my new tv at all or my ps4

I'm happy I finally own this game, but it's ridiculous...The game was brand new. All stuff was included, pristine, Club Nintendo code was unused. It's so obvious GameStop was just holding copies of this game in back to try and profit off of it. Fuck that store. But whatever, I finally own it.

It's a reprint. Much like the Metroid Prime Trilogy releases popping up. Seems as if GameStop sell them "used" to circumvent having to sell them at the reprint price. Something along those lines at least. AlphaOmegaSin made a video about it a while ago.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
JqkY39Sl.jpg

Joined the club!

$200 refurbished unit from Nintendo (essentially brand new)
Pro controller (awesome)
$20 eShop card to "upgrade" my VC games
Game pad cradle/stand ($2.99 on clearance at Best Buy)
MK8 and SM3DW for $70 total at Target after pre-order/price-match promo

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
M5VgjXI.jpg

Microsoft Sidewinder X3 mouse.

I needed one and this was discounted at 9,90 from 39,90€. Laser, 2000dpi, it's great so far.

jcutner

My biggest pick up for the year for sure!

Trading in my 2005 Mazda3 which is starting to rust and have a variety of other issues.

This is fully loaded with heated leather seats, heated wheel, back-up camera, a smart key, probably a host a bunch of other things too! Picking it up tomorrow, yay!

14427545502_c4aa8dfd21_b.jpg

14412045626_ee4e3cba3f_b.jpg

14427725864_55269ba75a_b.jpg

Trading in my 2005 Mazda3 which is starting to rust and have a variety of other issues.

This is fully loaded with heated leather seats, heated wheel, back-up camera, a smart key, probably a host a bunch of other things too! Picking it up tomorrow, yay!

14412045626_ee4e3cba3f_b.jpg

14427725864_55269ba75a_b.jpg

I see Durham on the plates... Is that Durham NC? If so... hello neighbor!

mash440

Neo Member
Recently Turned 18 and passed my test!

So first car!

BqWwWmNCcAAHaBP.jpg:large

Wow, such coincidence. Theres a thing about Corsa's.

They aren't a bad car. They were super popular with women drivers in the 00's who didn't drive hard, always serviced, and kept a car in good condition for a long time. It's super common to find a corsa with one or two owners.

Plus, from a rust point of view, they fare pretty well, and the only major issue is with the timing belt going after 60k. Parts are generally cheap, and it is in low insurance groups.

There are so many bad cars out there, that aren't durable, are flawed, have glaring issues. The Corsa isn't a bad car! It's not an amazing car either, isn't very desirable, doesn't 'feel' good to drive.

But if you are after a cheap, reliable, low maintenance to use while you are busy living life, then it is the best choice.

- Fellow 'lake placid blue' corsa owner.

Edit: I take it yours is an Opel. Over here in the UK, we refer to the brand as Vauxhall

Double Edit: Just noticed the broadband van... B.T. infinity

Hayabusi

Not a "real" pickup yet, but finally requested my diploma from ETH Zurich.
Now it's time to get back into the working world, earn some money and go back to Tokyo in around 3 years. :)

Degree.jpg

mossypne

They aren't a bad car. They were super popular with women drivers in the 00's who didn't drive hard, always serviced, and kept a car in good condition for a long time. It's super common to find a corsa with one or two owners.

Plus, from a rust point of view, they fare pretty well, and the only major issue is with the timing belt going after 60k. Parts are generally cheap, and it is in low insurance groups.

There are so many bad cars out there, that aren't durable, are flawed, have glaring issues. The Corsa isn't a bad car! It's not an amazing car either, isn't very desirable, doesn't 'feel' good to drive.

But if you are after a cheap, reliable, low maintenance to use while you are busy living life, then it is the best choice.

Edit: I take it yours is an Opel. Over here in the UK, we refer to the brand as Vauxhall

It's a virgin media van actually ;)

Sagitario

kwI1RB3.jpg

And so then, I decided to hit up KMART where I found Wario and Zombies for ten bucks a piece, and some marked down screen protectors and stylii for the WiiU.
Proceed to target where I picked up Mario Kart for 35 bucks, and a digital copy of Wind Waker....as soon as I find out how to claim it.

*runs back to play more Mario Kart*
Absolutely loving The Wind Waker box art!
1f60d.png

A couple of accessories for the LG G3 and Google Glass.
U6CwhzFl.jpg

filzwJnl.jpg

The phone's resolution is higher than that laptop behind it. 2560x1440 versus 1920x1080.
How much was the phone? Any detailed phone impressions? How are you liking it? I'm really thinking about getting it.

2005 seems really new for a car starting to rust. New car looks sweet though.

I would figure being RHD would be an obvious giveaway that its a vauxhall.

Pbae

I just got a Macross Frontiers Pachinko machine. Pretty fun :D

I need to clean it up a little bit since it has yellowed a bit from all the smokers in the pachinko parlor but it's running really great.

I also got a Nespresso machine and it's glorious.

Top Bottom