• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Asparagus

Saw Virtua Tennis cheap so grabbed it. Been on the lookout for a cheap Famicom to NES converter for a while, this one came with what I'm pretty sure is a Mario 3 pirate cart. The game itself runs fine but I'm more interested in playing the Gundam RPG.

paAO48O.png

9w3e24Z.png

melos

Looking forward to some quality Lego Time!

IMG_1804.jpg

New Seiko Kinetic

IMG_1805.jpg

And finally a new gaming chair courtesy of IKEA and a recent trip to California

IMG_1806.jpg

MauroNL

Finally caved and bought a AVR to replace my 4 year old Logitech surround set. Massive improvement thusfar and saves me a lot of wires to my TV. Huge device though. Denon AVR-X2000
dzxGjC0l.jpg

After a very thorough search for new speakers I ended up at the Teufel Consono 35 MK3. Was highly praised for it's features and low pricing. Can't go wrong with German engineering I guess. Huge sub but very slick design work.
2o2ZJ9el.jpg

Expanding my Xbox One storage capacity with this 2TB external drive. Happy with the speed improvement. Bargain at €60 as well.
nupZOsVl.jpg

New G-Eazy album available early. So good!
CqJ3yF9l.jpg

My first pick-up post!

I needed a copy of the king of all racing games, so I picked up a fresh copy of CTR. I've also been on a bit of a PS2 nostalgia trip lately, so I picked up Minority Report, Hulk (which I've never played but hear good things), NASCAR 2005 and Spiderman 2.

I had been meaning to get Wolfy, but new releases are expensive in Canada, so $44.99 was about my sweet spot. Seen here among my girlfriend's Eeveelutions.

Just got Radiant Historia in the mail! The Elsa figure was cool looking, I don't actually play Disney Infinity. Wolfenstein is pretty fun so far, haven't go to much into it yet.

pWno8.jpg

illusionary

You mean, "Just a couple of GREAT games today..." Awesome, man, enjoy them both!

Also, I ended up getting WiiParty U because my hubby got a copy of MK8, as well and picked up a free game and we already have the other titles. I thought, what the heck...might as well get the one we don't have and our seven year old will enjoy it.

Hehe, yes, I suppose that I do! I'm currently working on finishing up Watch_Dogs before I get properly stuck in, but I'm looking forward to them both!

NotSelf

XURm4PJl.jpg

The fans are ok definitely a bit better then what I had before.
This my second time buying rhythm heaven the game is just pure magic.

so1337

Holy cow! It has English subs? I need to import this ASAP. Is it only the DVD that has English subs? Any English subs on the Blu-Ray? Where did you import yours from?
I didn't import it, bought it in the store the day it came out. If you want to import, I would probably do from Amazon.co.jp.

There's reason to assume that the Blu Ray has them too, though you might want to check first.

Kilrathi

The Xbone with Kinect and Forza 5 Download plus Ryse and Dead rising 3 (graduation gift was the console, I wanted it mainly for the ablity to turn it into a dev kit in the future and the new music games for kinect as well)
20140621_215446.jpgk

Anything else a good pick up for the console, I have a PS4/WiiU/Desktop Gaming PC/Desktop Replacement laptop. I was looking at Kinect Sports Rivals, Crimson Dragon ( I got the play the 360 version back at Pax east 2012), and Killer instinct

More horse/equine gear
20140621_161646.jpg

My trainer at home got me a halter for the horse I used to ride at undergrad

I just got a Macross Frontiers Pachinko machine. Pretty fun :D

I need to clean it up a little bit since it has yellowed a bit from all the smokers in the pachinko parlor but it's running really great.

Hot damn, what a fantastic pick-up! I've always wanted a pachinko machine, if only for background noise.

Schlep

Not pictured is the dark blue type cover I had to drive 20 miles to get. Also picked up another DS4 today after the right trigger gave out. Delicate controller.

Pp5Nlep.jpg

Asparagus

Nice pick ups, how much was Torneko: The Last Hope? I've been interested in trying it out since playing Shiren the Wanderer.

lem0n

Padding my 360 collection a little bit. Dude at GameStop understood my want of clean, non-platinum hits cases, so he hooked me up with the ME3 N7 Edition!

Also, the first game I ever bought based solely on opinions of others on a forum. What have I done....

10421261_10152258503014506_460367883393757166_n_zpsf0950515.jpg

Mexx

Neo Member
It's finally here!

img.php

And it's totally amazing. I love every minute of using it, best laptop I've ever owned, period.

Nice to see people getting the new Wolfy

Norway makes some good post-rock music.
ibpswgfoLhLEIJ.jpg

Samuel Jackson Five - Seasons in the Hum (2014) - only 300 of these, I'm 71/300.

Awesome movies:
ibxGtFnxgsmxi6.jpg

Contact (very underrated hard sci fi movie, got me hyped for Interstellar; 3 commentary tracks and all very great)
Tokyo Godfathers (the one Satoshi Kon movie I hadn't seen)
Tekkonkinkreet (one of the most visually stimulating Japanese animated movies ever; written/directed by Americans so a good commentary track here)

idwfNLPoieRhY.jpg

Swans - To Be Kind (2014)
Big Ups - Eighteen Hours of Static (2014) - cool punk that is just the right kind of speed, vocals, and intelligible lyrics for me :)
Aguirre, The Wrath of God (this starts my Herzog watching, right now on his documentaries like Grizzly Man)

Nice pick ups, how much was Torneko: The Last Hope? I've been interested in trying it out since playing Shiren the Wanderer.

It came out to about $20 shipped. I've always wanted to wait it out to find a cheap copy locally but I couldn't help pulling the trigger! haha

Top Bottom