• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Ludovico

Dropping a ton of money this week becuase:
1 - My car needed repairs and new tires
2 - Decided to bite the bullet and order a new laptop for fall schoolwork

To ease the pain a bit, I then dropped even more money on stuff:

qhRYxcb.jpg

Tokyo Story, Hidden Fortress, and Throne of Blood to complement my Criterion collection, and True Detective to relive that beautiful south Louisina scenery.

And so then, I decided to hit up KMART where I found Wario and Zombies for ten bucks a piece, and some marked down screen protectors and stylii for the WiiU.
Proceed to target where I picked up Mario Kart for 35 bucks, and a digital copy of Wind Waker....as soon as I find out how to claim it.

*runs back to play more Mario Kart*

A couple of accessories for the LG G3 and Google Glass.

fuMPm8dl.jpg

jZ9EOL4l.jpg

32GB internal storage, and 128GB on microSDXC. Let's see how long a 4K recording I can do on this. Before the LG G3 overheats and shuts down that is. :p

U6CwhzFl.jpg

filzwJnl.jpg

The phone's resolution is higher than that laptop behind it. 2560x1440 versus 1920x1080.

7UJ4rtml.jpg

UD6F6aol.jpg

9EJVqdMl.jpg

Google Glass Edge Shades clip-ons , Stereo Earbuds with colored shells.

Darksol

This is one my happiest days as a gamer. As you may have guessed from my username, I have a fiendish love for Shining Force. While I had several systems before the Genesis and played many games that I enjoyed a great deal, Shining Force II was the first RPG that I put countless hours into. Anyways, I'd been trying to find the first two games for the past several years, but always managed to turn up empty. And whenever I checked online, it was usually at ridiculous prices or sold as piecemeal (cartridge only/box only/instruction manual only).

So it was to my surprise when I visited a local flea market today and found Shining Force II for sale at a retro gaming booth. I got a fair deal (it's a good thing the vendor wasn't shifty, because I would have emptied my wallet for this game). She told me that she's pretty sure she has the first game back home in storage, and to come back in a couple of weeks. So with any luck, I'll be making a part two for this tale in the near future.

Anyways, enough blabbering. Picture time!

Cover

Back

In Box

Booklet

Booklet (Open) [I apologize for the blurriness. Potato shot]

This is the game that got me so heavy into RPGs, paved the way for my discovery of Final Fantasy Tactics, and other outstanding grid-based strategy games, and in many ways, was the genesis (pardon the pun) of my gaming enthusiasm. I'm in love GAF. I'm in love.

LordAlu

This is one my happiest days as a gamer. As you may have guessed from my username, I have a fiendish love for Shining Force. While I had several systems before the Genesis and played many games that I enjoyed a great deal, Shining Force II was the first RPG that I put countless hours into. Anyways, I'd been trying to find the first two games for the past several years, but always managed to turn up empty. And whenever I checked online, it was usually at ridiculous prices or sold as piecemeal (cartridge only/box only/instruction manual only).

So it was to my surprise when I visited a local flea market today and found Shining Force II for sale at a retro gaming booth. I got a fair deal (it's a good thing the vendor wasn't shifty, because I would have emptied my wallet for this game). She told me that she's pretty sure she has the first game back home in storage, and to come back in a couple of weeks. So with any luck, I'll be making a part two for this tale in the near future.

Anyways, enough blabbering. Picture time!

Awesome Shining Force II pics

This is the game that got me so heavy into RPGs, paved the way for my discovery of Final Fantasy Tactics, and other outstanding grid-based strategy games, and in many ways, was the genesis (pardon the pun) of my gaming enthusiasm. I'm in love GAF. I'm in love.
One of the greatest Mega Drive games of all time and one I play (and now stream) at least once a year. Enjoy!

sikkinixx

14236539629_16755fa5d2_b.jpg

This will do little to disprove my student's assertions that I'm a hipster but I finally got the Hermes 3000 that I have long lusted after. Years back I on a whim bought a Brother typewriter from the 1970's and had a lot of fun mucking around with it. There is something amazing about the engineering of typewriters. I tinkered it apart and barely managed to get it back together. I sold it after finding a more deluxe Smith-Corona but I could never fix the little problem it had, which sadly made it barely usable (ink ribbon doesn't rise up with every keystroke).

I missed more than a dozen of these on eBay/Etsy/Craigslist over the past year or so, thinking it would go cheaper (they don't) and finally after getting the wife's quasi-approval and running with it I got this guy for a decent price on eBay. It's in much better shape than I thought it was, came with the aluminium cover not the vinyl one and works very well. Even the ribbon isn't dry. The only beef is the rather boring typeface, I was hoping to get one with Epoca or script but I'll take it.

LegendX48

Got this media center thingy

14237976559_0a108f57bf_c.jpg

The bottom two and top 2 rows are all my junk. My little brother's stuff is in the (upper) middle and soon enough I'll have a Link and Zelda Amiibo join my Disney Infinity figures :3

Another day, another Poogie shirt:
325a30205ac2c002eb620f753555e9d7_zps9ab601cf.jpg

I was inspired by the Spain-Netherlands game yesterday so...
3e294b56dee293a72b0f634aece6fa68_zpsab3eb412.jpg

Finally, my Persona Q case and preorder bag arrived from AmiAmi:
2d540a78795f78b26df2757b5cd1f049_zpsd757f892.jpg

Inside of the case (for those who haven't hung around the Persona Q threads):
9c71e21491763e54250580b2750e47ca_zpsf073e9cf.jpg

Marceles

Bought Mario Kart 8

Preordered Destiny after playing the Alpha

Max Payne 3 and Mirror's Edge was on sale, so I had to purchase, FF3 purchased since I never finished the DS version

Having Walking Dead Season 2 withdrawals, so I bought the Wolf Among Us season pass

Bought WildStar, but feeling stupid about it considering how crazy my backlog is. I was getting bored of FF14 though

wilflare

Wasn't able to post for three weeks (banned...kids, always think before you reply!)

Mario Kart 8 - Limited Edition

Wii U High Capacity Battery

Yoshi Wii Remote Plus

i also found another black Wii Remote plus in the packing of Wii Party U that i've totally forgot about. So now i have si wii remotes plus.

and i have some new PS4 stuff. gotta take some pictures later.

where did you get the battery? haha been looking high and low for it.

eXistor

Got back from a retro convention. Nothing too special, but I finally got the CDi Zelda for a pretty good price. The other two are a lot more expensive I think, so I might never get them as they're just for collecting purposes to me and let's be honest here: the games are abominations. Curious abominations, but abominations all the same.

I'm very happy to get a bunch of clear plastic covers for my NES and SNES games. In hindsight I should have gotten more SNES ones, as they're the same size as N64 boxes, but I'll get those next time for sure.

The rest of the games is just fairly random stuff I always wanted to play (Street Fighter 2015, Young Merlin) or pure nostalgia-based, like Rush 'n Attack and Bayou Billy.

RNb12K3.jpg

vRfGWlW.jpg

_S4MUR4I_

Hi there! First post here! :)

Some gaming goods to get started:

ZwPt580.jpg

Friend of mine sold this to me because he's making some cash to build a new PC and had to catch this opportunity, right?

And last but not least, new headphones to listen a little bit of Bobby Womac and some other funky stuff at my cellphone while i'm going to work:

S3FrPsz.jpg

That's all, for now!

Kilrathi

and my biggest pick up. Finally got my diploma in the mail.
Someone please hire me.
3385682b.jpg
Congrats still waiting for my in the mail

Equine New paddock boots the other pair I order didn't fit my feet
20140615_213807.jpg

20140606_184238.jpg

E3 Hotel Room Key
20140608_225327.jpg

Monoprice 5 port HDMI switch
20140615_213351.jpg

Game pick ups ( got BLOPS1&2 dirt cheap along with the FF10/10-2 HD remaster) pre e3
20140615_213640.jpg

Top Bottom