• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!) - 1 Year Anniversary!

mr stroke

finaly got around to picking up COD4+Heavenly sword...those+VF5 should last until x-mas
P1010042.jpg

note to self-NEVER buying a used game from Gamestop again, Heavenly sword case and manual was messed up and there damn stickers wouldn't come off the case..they could at least not put stickers on the cases them selfs..errr damn you GS!!!

mr stroke said:
note to self-NEVER buying a used game from Gamestop again, Heavenly sword case and manual was messed up and there damn stickers wouldn't come off the case..they could at least not put stickers on the cases them selfs..errr damn you GS!!!

I'll take a dinged up manual and case for 10 bucks in savings, plus their games have a 30 day guarantee so if it doesn't work right I just take it back. Especially right now with EB/Gamestop having a 10% off sticker on CAG consistently updated, you could buy Heavenly Sword for 44 bucks.

mr stroke

mysticstylez said:
I'll take a dinged up manual and case for 10 bucks in savings, plus their games have a 30 day guarantee so if it doesn't work right I just take it back. Especially right now with EB/Gamestop having a 10% off sticker on CAG consistently updated, you could buy Heavenly Sword for 44 bucks.

thats what I did, I never buy used stuff from GS because of there crapy stickers that don't come off and the 5$ isn't much of a savings at all, but used that 20% off coupon and it came out to 43.99..so not so bad..

novgames074.jpg

Still playing catch-up with PSP and loving it. Man, Lumines is <3. Amazed by the Jet Set Radio pick-up, $5!, finding DC games in Australia is damn near impossible. Oh, and Dirt Track Devils = Simple 2000 vol. 11: The Offroad Buggy. It's absolute shit (shock!)

mr stroke said:

Man you think that's bad, my copy of BoF III had the EB pre-owned sticker on the actual box art slip itself. UNDER THE CASE! ;__; It took forever to peel the bastard off.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
cvxfreak said:
6tdw851.jpg

Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles Expert Pack
Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles Official Guidebook (in Japanese of course)

I'm trying to find that bundle but no place has it in stock. :(

EktorPR

jakeellis01 said:
Bravia LCD 40" W3000 1080p HDMI 1.3 ftw!!! <3

4kg5dvdvll.jpg

9kcsoplh2l.jpg

Um, pardon my ignorance but is that the cover art of the disc you're playing...DISPLAYING on the PS3? How can I do that?!!

glaurung

EktorPR said:
Um, pardon my ignorance but is that the cover art of the disc you're playing...DISPLAYING on the PS3? How can I do that?!!

Apparently some more popular CDs already automatically download the cover art, if available.

If not, google.com is your friend to find the art and then:

Download a pic of the art you need as a jpg on your PC and put it onto a stick (in a folder called PICTURE, ideally).

Copy it to your Photo menu (press Triangle).

Now go to Music and select the album folder with the offending art.

Press Triangle and select Information.

Go to the Photo menu and select your new picture.

Bingo.

Blatantly copied from here.

EktorPR

glaurung said:
Apparently some more popular CDs already automatically download the cover art, if available.

If not, google.com is your friend to find the art and then:

Blatantly copied from here.

Awesome, greatly appreciated! :D

xcomp

Hinomura said:
6pho7wi.jpg

Finally got my own copy of DJ Max Portable 1 and 2. Still no luck in finding the limited editions.
Silver edition's still up on Play-Asia... With the price dumbed down too!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bj-49-en-15-dj+max-70-1v1u.html

Night Black version is finally gone. PA started out with quick pre-solds then suddenly they had plenty of copies of both that weren't going anywhere for a while. Think they planned it to jack up the prices? =P

Spike

Tuesday:

Super Mario Galaxy and Coin
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

Today:

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Tomorrow:

Contra 4

.hacked

hual1115a.jpg

Naruto Manga box set
Some Blu-Rays
Some HD DVDs

and what is that in the background...

haul1115b.jpg

56" Samsung 1080p DLP :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
2036809034_ead8533a03.jpg

Thank you Fry's Electronics for the good price on AC!

And thank you Nintendo for the freebies!

*puts on condom*

MarkMan said:

*puts on condom*

there is only one small problem I see there.

the condoms wont go over the Nyko charge packs.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Linkzg said:
there is only one small problem I see there.

the condoms wont go over the Nyko charge packs.

Yea I know :(

It's okay I don't mind putting on the condom every now and then for some Wii lovin...

MarkMan said:
2036809034_ead8533a03.jpg

*puts on condom*
So, which version of AC do you think is better, PS3 or 360? :D
After hearing all these mixed reviews, I don't know what to believe.

sykoex said:
Props for buying Chronos Twin. Super under rated action-platformer.

Yeah seriously! This game is hard as bloody nails, but it's awesome. Takes me back to the SNES days. I'm also enjoying the poorly written dialogue. =')

Router said:
CHASER!!! :D

Haha, I'd been meaning to pick up the DVDs for ages now, couldn't pass up $20 each at Big W!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Loops said:
to loops or anyone who has that gyakuten saiban art book: is it basically just a collection of the different pose illustrations for each character, or is there a lot more to it? kinda pricy.

M3wThr33

Banned
EktorPR said:
Transfer the mp3s from your computer. All my music has the album art embedded in the song.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I spent about $200 worth of stuff today.
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Zack and Wiki
-Phoenix Wright 3
-Dementium (I still can't believe that this was only made by 3 dudes in a garage, it looks awesome)
-Mercury Meltdown Revolution
-Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Assassin's Creed
Scene It
Beowulf
Orange Box
Kane and Lynch
NFS Pro Street
Naruto
COD 4
Buzz
Mario Galaxy