• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

.hacked said:
5xjq7r.jpg

Free Van Halen was too much to resist.
That's the worst boxart I've ever seen.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
WEGGLES said:
That's the BOX?! I saw that on a shelf and thought it was a placeholder box, like a "Coming Soon!" box....

I was thinking the sme thing, jesus.
I got a lot of birthday swag and birthday money bought stuff this month, i'll post it all when i get new batteries for my camera and the stuff i ordered arrives.

Pick ups for september... Finaly able to find LAIR for cheap (and the game is way better than I though it would). Same for KZ2, I've completed SP with a press version and now I bought it for cheap to try the MP. Riddick and Star Wars are sci fi based so they can't be bad, right ? And finaly, Snow Leopard because my MacBook Air is really needing an OS space reduction.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
.hacked said:
339pmoh.jpg

Time to start collecting some anime again :D

Nice choices... well, most of them, at least.

I've always loved TSR, Akira Blu is awesome, Sword of the Stranger kicks ass, and Shigurui is some crazy shit and really good.

YagizY

New laptop. Specs are:

2.1 gHz Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
ATI HD 4570
320 GB HD
15.5' Glossy Screen
Blu-Ray Drive w/ HDMI out (my second blu-ray player)
Windows Vista Home Premium

All for $800

P1000653.jpg

P1000651.jpg

P1000656.jpg

Photobucket is really pissing me off. A LOT. I keep on rotating the image and saving it. I go to the album and it shows the image rotated but when I link it it's not rotated. Fuck it.

No45

YagizY said:
Photobucket is really pissing me off. A LOT. I keep on rotating the image and saving it. I go to the album and it shows the image rotated but when I link it it's not rotated. Fuck it.
They look fine to me, probably your browser cache.

My latest:

P1020677.jpg

Ordered yesterday, built today, posting on it now. ^_^

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2Ghz CPU
4GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Mobo
XFX GTX275 896MB DDR3
Western Digital 640GB Caviar Black
Corsair 620W HX Modular PSU
Antec Three Hundred Black Case

First PC I've built since pre-HL2 and it all went off without a hitch. At least it has so far. Noisier than I'd like at the moment, but there are a few things I can do to sort that out. :)

Morts

YagizY said:
New laptop. Specs are:

2.1 gHz Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
ATI HD 4570
320 GB HD
15.5' Glossy Screen

All for $800

Where?

Intentor

Neo Member
dsc00946i.jpg

After taking Wii, I felt it was time to take Xbox 360 to play all the exclusives I've lost these years.

So... I took the Xbox 360 Brazilian Edition (Jasper 60Gb console, remote controller, HDMI cable and two games - Too Human and PGR4) with Halo 3 (in Brazilian Portuguese! Amazing!).

I also ordered Gears of War and Dead Rising (this one I'm very curious about! I almost bought the 360 a couple of years ago just because this game), which are on their way to my home.

Ok... now I have all the current generation family! :D

rockmang15

Neo Member
fae997b5.jpg

Finally joined the TE stick club! Also More TMNT for the collection and Post Apocalyptic Blu-ray Action!

I also like to wear a wristband when I play with a Stick so my wrists don't rub at the base of the stick, so ghostbusters wristband a Buddy gave me!

Volcynika

Finally decided to get a PSP. And ordered some games (none of which I have played the originals (except for Dissidia which doesn't count, of course))

2zq9b7n.jpg

Lunchbox

Banned
Intentor said:
So... I took the Xbox 360 Brazilian Edition (Jasper 60Gb console, remote controller, HDMI cable and two games - Too Human and PGR4) with Halo 3 (in Brazilian Portuguese! Amazing!).

I also ordered Gears of War and Dead Rising (this one I'm very curious about! I almost bought the 360 a couple of years ago just because this game), which are on their way to my home.

Ok... now I have all the current generation family! :D
take the green sticker off the eject button........DO IT

pet peeve- hate it when people leave stickers on :)

alba

Little is the new Big
WEGGLES said:
Holy schnikies!

I like racing games... but not that much :p

Everyone's different, me love me some racing games :D

mr stroke said:
:0

Just looked at that set up on Amazon. and wish I could justify the cost($250 wheel+$250 seat-$500 is heavy)

is it really worth it having the seat+wheel? does it make a world of difference?

It is, it just depends on what type of gamer you are and how much you like racing games. The seat and wheels makes a WORLD of difference obviously, you could go for just the wheel and go for a cheaper alternative for a cockpit as a lot of people do but I made one and it took quite a bit of space so I decided to go for this way smaller and I can put it aside when I need some space ;)

JEKKI

whoo! I didnt need any dsi points! when I loaded up the shop, it gave me 1000 free points!!

enough to get what I wanted!!

110yl8o.jpg

10qymfm.jpg

I went to the 99cent store to get sum candy, I saw this and there was no way I could not pick this up:

2556l3c.jpg

2462crd.jpg

I could use this notebook to write my rhymes in!

I love hip-hop!! I eat, breathe, and live hip-hop!!

I dont sleep hip-hop tho, coz sleep is the cousin of death...

kylej

Banned
JEKKI said:
I could use this notebook to write my rhymes in!

I love hip-hop!! I eat, breathe, and live hip-hop!!

I dont sleep hip-hop tho, coz sleep is the cousin of death...

You must lay puzzled as you backtrack to earlier times.

Grecco

YagizY said:
New laptop. Specs are:

2.1 gHz Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
ATI HD 4570
320 GB HD
15.5' Glossy Screen

G]

What laptop is that?

d0c_zaius

omg yay!

3886609034_d71a912032.jpg

only 30$ thanks to some frayed wires

3885812207_0b6b3c03a3_m.jpg

and has a badass property of Namco sticker. This baby is straight from the headquarters!

3885812199_c7266a4600.jpg

Ive been looking for one of these forever, so im pretty excited:D

EDIT: two of the buttons arent very responsive, and left/right movement feels sluggish. I gotta hope for the best!

SmZA

First, some new games:

zv64jn.jpg

33kub82.jpg

And Yet It Moves and Paint Shop Pro (Impulse)

k3m1om.jpg

I buckled during the last Steam sale

33c5g6p.jpg

BRAND NEW SotC - from the same Indian eBay seller used by SolidusDave last month!

1611edh.jpg

Another rare item I've been hunting but a lot more expensive! A Yamaha FS1R synthesizer brand new in box from eBay.

b8kduv.jpg

The FS1R and a second-hand Casio CDP-100 digital piano. I'm going to get lessons.

14azt6w.jpg

Two disappointing purchases from Lenovo. The keyboard has a cheap feel, worse than on my Thinkpad, and I had a stuck key within minutes of first using it. That key happened to be W, and as an FPS player I'm pretty annoyed.
The other bit is an expensive new tip for my Thinkpad's power supply. I'd been looking through local electronics shops for a replacement but do you think and of them had something suitable in stock? The new tip fits the Thinkpad but I can't solder the wire onto it, turns out it connects to some adapter I've never fucking heard of before. The manual is for the new tip, check out how thick it is! Okay, only four pages are in English but I thought it was funny.

2mw9xds.jpg

Yet more Opera Blu-rays. There's probably no-one here interested but these are my first Opus Arte releases and they're the best I've bought yet. For one, there's no sound in the menus! For those of us sick of 'cutting edge' Blu-ray navigation straight out of flash-based webpages from 1998 they're a huge improvement.

2rqoho0.jpg

Yet another pile of new CDs.

w2n0ax.jpg

Tara Busch - Pilfershire Lane, my favourite pop album released in ages. I already owned the MP3s from CDbaby but as soon as I heard she'd released a physical version I ordered it immediately. Highly recommended, good songs recorded on classic keyboards and synthesizers.

lawblob said:
Nice. I've often thought about buying an Atari Lynx bundle on Ebay. So tempting....

I guess i got a good deal. It was just $37 bucks. I traded my old dreamcast so i missed it and decided to buy a new one =]

Desiato

bi1lc5.jpg

Europeans not getting a tin is a bit of a bummer, but still nice packaging nonetheless. And 3 of some of the best games ever on one disc is an awesome deal no matter how you look at it.

DSC06333.jpg

I thought it was time to invest in some PS3 communication technology, me and a friend overseas have started playing KZ2 a lot lately.

Oh, and Far Cry 2, cause it's really cheap and I felt like I need to give this game a second chance.

Kazenone

2z5kk7r.jpg

- 320GB Seagate FreeAgent Go
- 8GB iPod Touch
- The Sims 3
- Dissidia:FF Limited Edition (Includes Artbook, Strategy Guide, mini-CD Sound Selection, 2 lithograph prints, game)

Got some more things on order: Fallout 3 PC, Valkyrie Profile DS, FFTA2, and possible Valkyria Chronicles & SMT3.

Yes Boss!

JEKKI said:

Cool, looks like you got the japanese DSiware stuff. As far as buying more points from the japanese store don't worry about cards as your foreign debit/credit should work just fine directly on the DSi since they don't ask any address (just number, expire date, and the three digits on the back).

pirahna1

Where are you guys finding this limited edition Dissidia game? Is it only in Europe or something?

I'm planning on getting the Dissidia PSP bundle, but I'd rather get the Gran Turismo bundle and the limited edition Dissidia game, if I can that is.

Yes Boss!

First pick-up of September. Sega Day at the Yes Boss! house.

P1020211.jpg

Found a new VSHG and snapped it up. Very pretty stick:

P1020210.jpg

Looked all summer for a new Japanese Saturn, finally found one:

P1020215.jpg

Got a ghetto stick for my Saturn. Kinda ugly but I'm getting all three official sticks for the system:

P1020216.jpg

There are about 15 shmups I want for the Saturn and I got the bulk of them out of the way. Kind GAF user _dementia clued me in on what was good to buy earlier this summer (Thanks again!):

P1020212.jpg

P1020214.jpg

Top Bottom