• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Yes Boss! said:
First pick-up of September. Sega Day at the Yes Boss! house.

Beautiful pick up man. Just looking at the pictures that looks like a mint Saturn. I'm quite the whore for mint boxed products and that Saturn made my Goliath twitch:D

.hacked

early BD gifts are rolling in :D

2u587kh.jpg

Tritton AX 720

op7f5i.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yes Boss! said:
First pick-up of September. Sega Day at the Yes Boss! house.

Looked all summer for a new Japanese Saturn, finally found one:

P1020215.jpg

I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am.

Yes Boss!

Cosmic Bus said:
Out of curiosity, what is the Happy Together item in the background, a poster?

It is the Kino one-sheet for the movie. Still WKW's best work...In the Mood for Love coming close. RIP Leslie :-(

P1020219.jpg

Yes Boss!

Also, got a Cave poster. I think people collect these things but I'm going to mount it and frame in nicely with a matte border and hang it in my game room for pure pleasure:

P1020222.jpg

Sh0k

Not gaming related, but just came back from Peru with the biggest loot of peruvian candy and peruvian Pisco ! Best candy and alcohol in the world !

dsc02334506.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
.hacked said:
early BD gifts are rolling in :D

2u587kh.jpg

Tritton AX 720

this look like the Axpro design ,the white look cheap but it's fine ,anyway is the Dolby Headphone good in the AX720 ?

WEGGLES

lawblob said:
Lets do this!!

If anyone still plays this, add me on XBL, I need more friend list peoples.
3887700140_ac2e769d04_b.jpg
While I don't play all the time, I do play fairly often and my friends and I are always lookin for more people to play. What's your gamertag? Or just add me if you'd like, WEGGLES

d0c_zaius said:
omg yay!

3886609034_d71a912032.jpg

only 30$ thanks to some frayed wires

3885812207_0b6b3c03a3_m.jpg

and has a badass property of Namco sticker. This baby is straight from the headquarters!

3885812199_c7266a4600.jpg

Ive been looking for one of these forever, so im pretty excited:D

EDIT: two of the buttons arent very responsive, and left/right movement feels sluggish. I gotta hope for the best!

Very nice! I picked up mine at a flea market a while back for a dollar...it was horribly dirty, but very worth the time spent cleaning it. I LOVE this stick.

.hacked

Totobeni said:
this look like the Axpro design ,the white look cheap but it's fine ,anyway is the Dolby Headphone good in the AX720 ?

watching cloverfeild bluray right now and it is pretty good.

Yes Boss! said:
Also, got a Cave poster. I think people collect these things but I'm going to mount it and frame in nicely with a matte border and hang it in my game room for pure pleasure:

P1020222.jpg

That's gorgeous :) I have Espgaluda and Mushihimesama posters and would love that one too :)

Yes Boss!

JustAnotherOtaku said:
That's gorgeous :) I have Espgaluda and Mushihimesama posters and would love that one too :)

Yeah. Very Pretty...can't wait to mount and hang it. I'm equally attracted to the Pink Sweets artwork. I want that one too. The poster came separately from my PCB and arrived earlier but I just got the board in. I'll take a photo and post it.

JEKKI

Yes Boss! said:
Cool, looks like you got the japanese DSiware stuff. As far as buying more points from the japanese store don't worry about cards as your foreign debit/credit should work just fine directly on the DSi since they don't ask any address (just number, expire date, and the three digits on the back).
omg your saturn pickups ftw!!

thanks for the info! hella useful!! I wonder if DSi has any other good games for download.

to the person who asked, the game is named Aa Mujou Setsuna. It's hella fun too! altho short, and easy mode is hella free.

Yes Boss!

JEKKI said:
omg your saturn pickups ftw!!
thanks for the info! hella useful!! I wonder if DSi has any other good games for download.

I'm not sure if you are too young to remember Game & Watches but Nintendo released about ten ports for $2 each...some early rare titles in the mix, too. Those pretty much made a Japanese DSi essential purchase for me since Game & Watches were my very first game experience. Other than that, nothing much that hasn't made it over here yet. They have released all the electroplankton games as stand alone mini-games. Those might be fun to check out if you don't have the full release.

I got to play around with the Saturn and it is smoking hot. Sucker was brand new and had a 1994 setup-date when I turned it on...even had to un-wrap the battery. Such a killer system and I've got some shmups to keep me busy for the next year. I think I'm gonna pick up the japanese version of Guardian Heroes because it is rather inexpensive.

It is also Cave Day at my house. Got my PCB in from Fujita. I'm collecting the Ibaras first. Next will be the standard Ibara, then Pink Sweets when I can find a clean kit for sale from a collector.

ik.jpg

Also, my anticipation for 360 Mushi Futari is at fever pitch so I ordered the OST to help pass the three months:

mf.jpg

It came with a really cool high-quality artbook:

P1020234.jpg

zmet

Fantasy Zone: Ultra Super Big Maximum Great Strong Complete Album - 4 CD set containing chip-tune music from the Fantasy Zone games
sep4.jpg

enewtabie

The S-Word said:
jr391l.jpg

Batman: AA, Exit Wounds, 10 for 10 Blistex :D

huf1b8.jpg

Half off Grill for the holiday

I have the same grill. It's great for steaks,vegetables. I'm a slow burn cooker so I only put the coals on one side and let it grill on the other. The meat turns out real good if you marinate it pretty good. I didn't buy the smoker though.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yes Boss! said:
It is the Kino one-sheet for the movie. Still WKW's best work...In the Mood for Love coming close. RIP Leslie :-(

Ah, a kindred spirit! Not many other people agree with me about HT being his best. I'd like to get a poster for it, but I'm not personally too enamored with any of the available designs; maybe if someone would do posters for one of these Buenos Aires Zero Degree images: 1 / 2... I do have huge versions of this and this on my wall, though. :)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:
I'm not sure if you are too young to remember Game & Watches but Nintendo released about ten ports for $2 each...some early rare titles in the mix, too. Those pretty much made a Japanese DSi essential purchase for me since Game & Watches were my very first game experience. Other than that, nothing much that hasn't made it over here yet. They have released all the electroplankton games as stand alone mini-games. Those might be fun to check out if you don't have the full release.

I got to play around with the Saturn and it is smoking hot. Sucker was brand new and had a 1994 setup-date when I turned it on...even had to un-wrap the battery. Such a killer system and I've got some shmups to keep me busy for the next year. I think I'm gonna pick up the japanese version of Guardian Heroes because it is rather inexpensive.

It is also Cave Day at my house. Got my PCB in from Fujita. I'm collecting the Ibaras first. Next will be the standard Ibara, then Pink Sweets when I can find a clean kit for sale from a collector.

You're basically my hero. I also got a new Saturn fairly recently... well, last November, but still. Easily one of the best systems I've ever owned. I can't remember if you had Thunder Force V and Soukyugurentai in your pick ups, but those are both must buys.

And I need to buy the Ibara PCB myself. I sold my PS2 copy of the game since it's a pretty garbage port, but I need to grab some hardware before I plunk down the cash for the arcade original.

BTW, Pink Sweets sucks a D. It's really bad, and I wouldn't recommend it even a little.

Yes Boss!

Cosmic Bus said:
Ah, a kindred spirit! Not many other people agree with me about HT being his best. I'd like to get a poster for it, but I'm not personally too enamored with any of the available designs.

Of the few people I know it is usually a toss-up between the two. Really, nothing else comes close. I came of film age with Fifth Generation work so I've a special place for In the Mood for Love because the Gongster is in it. I think a lot of folks latch on to Chungking...maybe it is the first one they saw, the Tarantino angle, Faye Wong or even California Dreaming...but I even like Days and Tears more. Not too many great HT posters out there but I was at San Diego in the late nineties and saw the Kino sheet and have always liked it...with Leslie and Tony from one of the most indelible sequences in the movie.

Chacranajxy said:
You're basically my hero. I also got a new Saturn fairly recently... well, last November, but still. Easily one of the best systems I've ever owned. I can't remember if you had Thunder Force V and Soukyugurentai in your pick ups, but those are both must buys.

And I need to buy the Ibara PCB myself. I sold my PS2 copy of the game since it's a pretty garbage port, but I need to grab some hardware before I plunk down the cash for the arcade original.

BTW, Pink Sweets sucks a D. It's really bad, and I wouldn't recommend it even a little.

Got Thunder Force V. Could not find a decent copy of TF Gold Pack 2 though. I've got another half dozen Saturn games to get before my collection is complete: Soukyugurntai - after seeing it in your game room photo, the two Cottons, Darius Gaiden , Metal Black, Twinkle Star Sprites, and Hyper Duel. I just could not find them in mint condition yet. I really wanted to get Hyper Duel out of the way so all I had were reasonably priced titles left but the auctions just weren't clear enough. I thought about getting Psychic Assassin for shits and giggles but figured for the few hundred it would cost I'd probably do better to spend the money elsewhere...not a huge Treasure fan anyways. If you know any Saturn games that aren't shooters that I should be checking out, let me know.

Ibara PCB is next...the Ps2 version is pretty unplayable, even on my arcade monitor...but I'm keeping it for Arrange. Not sure what the going price for the PCB is but I'm thinking I might just plunk down $399 and get the new kit from Arcade Shock, just for convenience. As far as Pink Sweets goes, never played it any everybody says it is bad but for some reason I fell in love with the idea of owning the PCB a few months back and learning the game at my own pace. Missed out on an auction for a complete Pink Sweets from a guy in Britain because I topped my bidding out at $600 and it ended at $640 :-(

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:
Got Thunder Force V. Could not find a decent copy of TF Gold Pack 2 though. I've got another half dozen Saturn games to get before my collection is complete: Soukyugurntai - after seeing it in your game room photo, the two Cottons, Darius Gaiden , Metal Black, Twinkle Star Sprites, and Hyper Duel. I just could not find them in mint condition yet. I really wanted to get Hyper Duel out of the way so all I had were reasonably priced titles left but the auctions just weren't clear enough. I thought about getting Psychic Assassin for shits and giggles but figured for the few hundred it would cost I'd probably do better to spend the money elsewhere...not a huge Treasure fan anyways. If you know any Saturn games that aren't shooters that I should be checking out, let me know.

Ibara PCB is next...the Ps2 version is pretty unplayable, even on my arcade monitor...but I'm keeping it for Arrange. Not sure what the going price for the PCB is but I'm thinking I might just plunk down $399 and get the new kit from Arcade Shock, just for convenience. As far as Pink Sweets goes, never played it any everybody says it is bad but for some reason I fell in love with the idea of owning the PCB a few months back and learning the game at my own pace. Missed out on an auction for a complete Pink Sweets from a guy in Britain because I topped my bidding out at $600 and it ended at $640 :-(

I think pcb-only copies of Ibara cost like... $200-250, so it's pretty cheap. Ironically, you can get the arcade version for like... way less than a new copy of the PS2 version would cost.

What I figured out after playing Darius Gaiden, though, was that I really don't like Darius Gaiden... I wouldn't bother picking it up, and I say this after I bought a new copy for a mere $20... I would be cautious about picking up Cotton 2, as well, since it's basically a much worse version of Boomerang.

As for non shmup stuff to get... I feel obligated to recommend Elevator Action Returns. It's one of my favorite Taito games, and for some reason, I keep going back to it over and over again, even though I've managed to 1CC it without a problem.

Loxley

At $149.99, this is the most expensive textbook I've ever had to get. Sometimes I wish I'd chosen a cheaper major :D

I've been a fan of Band of Brothers for years, and I'm really into WWII history in general, but just this month I decided to get around to reading the actual book itself. It's been awhile since I've sat down and read anything that wasn't for a class, feels good.

Yes Boss! said:

ik.jpg

Also, my anticipation for 360 Mushi Futari is at fever pitch so I ordered the OST to help pass the three months:

mf.jpg

It came with a really cool high-quality artbook:

P1020234.jpg
eyegasm

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy said:
I think pcb-only copies of Ibara cost like... $200-250, so it's pretty cheap. Ironically, you can get the arcade version for like... way less than a new copy of the PS2 version would cost.

What I figured out after playing Darius Gaiden, though, was that I really don't like Darius Gaiden... I wouldn't bother picking it up, and I say this after I bought a new copy for a mere $20... I would be cautious about picking up Cotton 2, as well, since it's basically a much worse version of Boomerang.

As for non shmup stuff to get... I feel obligated to recommend Elevator Action Returns. It's one of my favorite Taito games, and for some reason, I keep going back to it over and over again, even though I've managed to 1CC it without a problem.

Good info, good info. Darius I'm a fan of from the PC-engine and was looking for one to play. Still tempted. I'll drop Cotton 2 and go for Boomarang. And it only takes one solid reccomendation for me to buy a game so I'll add Elevator Action Returns to my next Saturn run, likely in November since the next two months are killers. If you think of any others let me know so I can add them to the short list.

Top Bottom