• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

DSC08276.jpg

AlfaTrion

Adding to previous post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17408359&postcount=109

WICKED STEAM WEEKEND DEAL! SFIV for $20! GO BUY IT
Ok I have it on 360 and now PC so add me to your friends list! GamerTag: AlfaTrion36 (on xbox and steam)

septSteam.png

My first woot.com shirt (they ship shirts to Canada!):

IMG_0489.jpg

Lemmy Caution said:
Once your mints are gone, that actually makes a fantastic DS game case. I use it all the time.
Who said I'm unsealing it? :)

MarkMan said:
AlfaTrion <3 !!!
Am I cool now MarkMan? :D I want to replace the art as per some SRK posts I've seen. I can't wait!!

Machine

littleorphanfunk said:
big house is right if rodriguez gets fucked by either lawyers seeking money for that real estate deal, or the ncaa hoses him for illegal practices

That's why I said it was gonna be a long season. I wasn't too happy about the hire to begin with. I don't know what the AD was thinking. That said, I've had my season tickets for years and I'm not gonna drop them just because we've hit a bump in the road.

Kuran

Banned
Ph3n3x said:
You most likely printed that out and put it in a blank dvd case to make us blurt in our pants, but I'd love to hear some elaboration!

It was included with the Japanese release of Shadow of the Colossus.

It is a video DVD with archive footage on the development of ICO and SOTC, it has some pretty interesting footage!

Is it worth something these days? I might consider selling mine..

plastik

Rock Band Unplugged PSP bundle

Patapon 2 was on clearance at Target and God of War: CoO $10 used at Gamestop this week.

Monster Hunter: FU and Uncharted 2 preorder

and a new car stereo with aux in for Zune HD when it's released.

upandaway

Can't have a pic unfortunately, but my delivery just came in a few days ago with Metroid Prime Trilogy, an official GC controller (finally! holy shit! this is 100 times better than my 3rd party. I can actually feel my fingers now after pressing the triggers), an extension cable for the GC controller, and some discs for school.

Nitemare1

plastik said:
Rock Band Unplugged PSP bundle.....

Monster Hunter: FU

I did the same. It blows my mind that Monster Hunter is a PSP game. It seems like it's freakin huge! Also don't forget to do the data install. makes a huge difference.

CRD90 said:
Been treating myself this month.

Bought a Canon 1000D and a 32GB iPhone.

35hfcwo.jpg

Nice, thats the camera I've been using for the last couple of months. It's really nice :)

My pickups (PSP, Monster Hunter from my holiday, Radiata Stories imported for my currently-awaiting US PS2, Yakitate Japan was waiting for me when I got home from my break)...

sept09ffd.jpg

sept09twinbee.jpg

sept09radiata.jpg

Gameboy415

Picked up a bit of stuff this past week:

Books:
0909Books1.jpg

Zelda: Ocarina of Time Guidebook - 105&#20870;!
Metroid Prime Guidebook - 105&#20870;, will be helpful for the Metroid Prime Trilogy
Akira Toriyama Short Story Collection Volume 1 - Collection of short stories by the creator of DragonBall
Golden Sun Guidebook - 105&#20870;!
KuruKuruKururin Guidebook - bought this to find out I already had a copy in my closet. D'oh! Only 105&#20870; tho, so no biggie.
Akira Toriyama Short Story Collection Volume 3 - I already got Volume 2 last month so now I have all 3. :D
Shiki Manga 1 - Been wanting to check it out and found this first book for only 105&#20870;

Games:
0909Sony1.jpg

Hyper Crazy Climber for PS1 - Looked fun and it was cheap so I picked it up.
Moon for PS1 - Found this for about half it's usual cost at Book-Off! I've been wanting this for a while now too! :D

Drame

In the excitement of the upcoming Gundam Rock album by Andrew W.K., I decided to buy his I Get Wet album from iTunes, and my god! I can't even describe his sound, it's just so beautiful!

wtf577.jpg

Oxx

SP_A0063.jpg

SP_A0062.jpg

Soul Bubbles was mega-cheap in Morrisons, so it would have been rude to have passed it up.
The Bigs 2 was less than £15. Which is good. It looks absolutely diabolical on a 42" LCD. Which is bad.
MPT only arrived this morning. Can't wait to get into it.

First, I picked up a Driving Force GT and a Playseats Classic to complete the setup. It's my first wheel, and so far, so good.

sep1.jpg

After buying the wheel, I figured I'd buy the racing games that had been lingering in my queue, along with Metroid Prime Trilogy.

sep2.jpg

Next, I got some more decor for my den: instant class, maybe? Regardless, I bought some frames and had posters made. Magnifique.

sep3.jpg

The latest issue of Heavy Metal showed up, and the new Miley Cyrus CD was released this week, neither of which disappoint. I also picked up some of my old favorite games and my first WaveBird controller. Why am I so LTTP on the WaveBird? Amazing gamepad, I'm full-on back into Brawl because of it.

sep4.jpg

Finally, I saw the legendary Miss Britney Spears' concert in Atlanta last night, which was downright incredible. No concert I see will ever match up, 'til the next Queen B show hopefully. I ended up with a nice, albeit expensive, pile of keepsakes to keep the night alive.

Two t-shirts, three hats, a flashing lit lanyard, two cups, a bear, a few bracelets, a tote bag, a reusable paper bag, a patch, and commemorative playing cards. Some of the post-show confetti also made the trip. I instantly regretted not buying more, but the crowds at the merch stands were HUGE...there wasn't much time to browse.

sep5.jpg

Jason

sept09pickup2.jpg

Burnout Paradise
Felt like playing a racer so I downloaded this despite not being too keen on the demo.

sept09pickup3.jpg

Tickets to 'Like You Know It All' and 'Air Doll'
TIFF. woo.

~capsule

Neo Member
Garage Sale

I found an SNES and a few games for under $10. Then I went into my basement and found my other SNES and a few games. Took these in the garage to because I felt like it.
2mcbnk1.jpg

My SNES is on the left.

a1h46p.jpg

My games that I just found.

i3vtqq.jpg

Games I got.

enewtabie

Picked up a Monitor/HD tv for the home office for $250 and some Bojangles! Yes it's that good. I know the Cali guys have Chicken and Waffles ,but this is some good ol North Carolina Fast food Chicken(yes it's better than Popeyes or Churches too)

005-5.jpg

006-3.jpg

WEGGLES

plastik said:
Patapon 2 was on clearance at Target and God of War: CoO $10 used at Gamestop this week.
games1.jpg
What price was Patapon 2? Does that say 2.93?

EricDiesel said:
I'm sorry, but that pillow is creeping me out. Stop quoting that image. Please? D:

Yeah... is it for what I think it's for? :S

Intruder_qc

Neo Member
My pickup for the month...

Finally I got my hand on Final Fantasy VII at a reasonable price (paid $40 CND) for it, normally its over $60 CND and never won any of the eBay auction. This one I was the only bidder on it ;-).

_MG_8547.jpg

And here the game running under PCSX on my Mac... yah cant run it on my PS3 :-( as its power supply just died during last week-end (this is my next pickup for this month a new PS3 power supply :-( sigh!!!).
Picture4.png

ArchAngel said:
No, it's just a normal pillow.
I'll believe you if you take a photo of it with a blacklight on it.

Kidding. But seriously, even if you use it for a normal pillow, I don't think that's the intention of those things... Why else would it have a full body picture of a half-nude anime chick on it?

ArchAngel

EricDiesel said:
I'll believe you if you take a photo of it with a blacklight on it.

Kidding. But seriously, even if you use it for a normal pillow, I don't think that's the intention of those things... Why else would it have a full body picture of a half-nude anime chick on it?

Yeah, I know that most people have other intentions with this kind of pillow. I just like the large size and as a big anime (& Geass) fan I kind of like these covers. Hey, even my mother thought it's funny :D

Maybe I started collecting covers (nope, no nude-covers!) :)

Drame said:
In the excitement of the upcoming Gundam Rock album by Andrew W.K., I decided to buy his I Get Wet album from iTunes, and my god! I can't even describe his sound, it's just so beautiful!

wtf577.jpg

are you serious? When is this happening

Been low-key in my posts, but I haven't forgotten you guys.

Pardon the mix of iphone & camera pics :p

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood vol. 1 BD:
5cd70f7e.jpg

56051fa8.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist: Prince of the Dawn & bonus artbook:
IMG_1129.jpg

NICO Touches The Walls - Hologram cd single & bonus sticker:
7c7747d3.jpg

Essentials from American Apparel:
IMG_1148.jpg

Sweaters (H&M and Old Navy):
IMG_1154.jpg