• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

SJRB

Gold Member
O my god, a FOV slider.

A FOV SLIDER

crowd-cheering.gif

And only a month after release! Pinnacle of videogame development. Absolute god-tier studio.

I love this game overall, but I ran into a bug near the end of the Ryujin quest line that keeps me from finishing it. Of course, it's not fixed in the patch.

avin

Over forty hours in, and it's my personal GOTY. Starfield at its heart is the game I've always wanted, they made this for people like me. Old timers, science types, space buffs. Although I still occasionally want to kick their "science" people in the nuts.

I absolutely get where the 7 and lower scores come from. Others have listed out everything that's wrong with it. Looking at it with some sympathy, I'd guess that comes in part from the need to have it run on console. But warts and all, I'm still playing it, over a month in, and I'd guess for a while longer. That hasn't happened in years.

avin

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FoV slider, not that it effected my enjoyment of the game but good to see the option.

Will be useful when I start doing my NG+ runs (when the current onslaught of games cools down a bit).

Really hoping they also add a 40hz mode in upcoming patches.

I absolutely agree. There are many areas where the criticism is warranted, but this game is filled with amazing things to do, and is a blast to play. The criticism has definitely gone crazy, and it has become cool to hate on the game. I'm about 100 hours in (50 on first playthrough, and 50 since I re-rolled my character) and every single evening I find something new, exciting, fun, or thought provoking. I haven't even spent very much time on Outposts, ship-building, or scanning planets either. I also have only run into a single bug that caused me to have to go to an older save, so people comparing this to buggy messes like Cyberpunk 2077 kinda blows my mind. This is probably the least buggy Bethesda game I've ever played at launch. I'm just not sure how people can really play this game for over 10-15 hours and only see the negative. Honestly I think most of the criticisms are from people who heard it was bad, and are now just parroting the criticisms without even playing. Whatever, their loss.......................

Absolutely, is the game a perfect 10 in every aspect no, as you say there are plenty of valid criticisms here no question. The criticisms have been comically overstated in the context of the whole by those that don't like MS in the gaming space (either due to platform loyalties or just those with a hate boner for MS in general) and that's why the discussion doesn't match the stats when it comes to the play time the game is getting. Browse the internet for too long without trying the game out for yourself and you'd think it's an unplayable mess that would run it's course in 30 minutes.

It's not a new issue for MS, but the higher priority of a major Bethesda release has just made it more noticeable.

Nydius

Haven't posted much of late because I wanted to avoid spoilers and have been busy dealing with a new kitten and sick spouse.

I've pretty much wrapped up playing Starfield until the Shattered Space DLC. Total played time on my Xbox app stats is sitting just shy of 12 days, 6 hours played. Enough to go through the game the first time, blow threw the abbreviated NG+, then do a full NG+2. Although I'm sure there's some hidden things on some random planets out there, I feel that I've seen the vast majority of what the game has to offer.

My disappointments were:

The fast travel system: Far too generous, IMO. Should have been limited to fast traveling only within your current star system. The way it was designed really trivialized travel and exploration.

The Constellation members: Most of them were far too similar. Barrett, Sarah, and Sam all had the same basic morality code. Andreja was the only one who even slightly deviated. Even though I did all of their "loyalty" missions (for lack of a better term), I never felt a connection with any of them in the same way I felt connections to characters in, say, Mass Effect. Andreja is probably the one that came closest, but it would have been nicer to have more Va'ruun stuff in the game to flesh out her character more.

Loading Screens: Not much more needs to be said here. Just too damn many of them.

Lack of legendary affix abilities in crafting: Also not much more needs to be said. Armor sets like the Mk1 may have been baller for resistances but not being able to add extra legendary abilities to them made the lower resistance sets like Mantis and UC Xeno better overall. Especially since those could still be modded further.

And, finally, factions not really meaning anything. The only time you're forced to choose between a faction is with the Crimson Fleet/UC line, and even that doesn't really affect much. I'd probably still be going through NG+ modes if factions had more meaning. If, for instance, choosing to do the entire Freestar Rangers line locked you out of the UC Vanguard or vice versa. Being able to do everything for everyone -- with exception of the Crimson Fleet/UC SysDef choice -- made repeat playthroughs less meaningful.

That said, I still put the game neck-and-neck with Zelda TOTK as my personal GOTY. It's exactly what I hoped to get, even with the above disappointments. I just hope Howard and Company follow through on their plans of keeping the game updated and fresh for 5+ years. Also, for the love of all that is holy, fix the longstanding bug with the Creation Engine where, once you have too many thing in your inventory, it tends to crash during an auto/quick-save.

Anyway, I'll take my leave but first here's bikini Andreja for the hell of it:

50xvpOA.jpg

Since my heavily modded steam version isn't playable until the scripted extender is updated I opened the gamepass version. The FOV affects weapon model. Something that the ini tweak didn't. Nice.
Also, FSR is garbage and the unmodded interface is atrocious. I guess it's ok if you play far away from you TV. But on a monitor there's so much wasted space.

Ship has unattached module
Cockpit needs to have direct connection to landing bay

It seems damned near every time I'm an hour or more into making a ship these appear, but the game does not highlight the culprit because Bethesda hired someone's dog to set up the UIs in the game. I swear 99.9% of the time there is no issue as I'll take the ship apart piece by piece and when it's reassembled there are no issues despite the completed ship being identical using all the same part /rant.
I've been mostly avoiding this thread as just before the game released, I ran across a major spoiler in the middle of an unrelated topic which revealed the entire game's ending in two sentences which I read at a glance. The game has issues, lots of issues, but I've been having a lot of fun with all the side quests, busy work and endless shit to do. The ship builder has been a major time vampire for me.
Here some of the ships I've put together over the last month, excluding a few like the Frontier and Razorleaf which I've upgraded but kept looking the same. I'm really looking forward to some new parts releasing and for the creation kit to release so the mod community can make all the current parts rotatable and flappable. I find it really hard to finish the backsides of ships since 90% of the parts can't face backwards. It's also hard to make "wings" since large panels like the Stroud-Eklund panels can't rotate 90 degrees. Tons of parts inexplicably don't have attachment points even though there is surface area to do so.

I do a lot of cheesing when building ships. In most of my ships the reactor, grav-drive, fuel tanks and shields all occupy a single 4x4x4 cube. In many cases I hide weapons as well and have the shot appear to exit a pothole or something else resembling a weapon. It's probably been discussed earlier in the thread but you can do this without codes by placing objects with attach points (nova bracer) around the place you want to cheese a new part into. Attach the part you want to cheese above or below the location you want it to occupy, then duplicate/copy the part. The new part will appear directly above or below the current part and as long as there is an available attach point the object will appear green, even if it's intersecting another part. You can use this to make certain parts stick to each other through another object as well and when the game checks it sees each part is connected to another already connected part and clears the warning.

This is Mr. Krabs. It's was my go-to ship for almost everything early in the game. I actually broke the landing gear system in the game and somehow I can run this ship with just the two single landing gears under the claws. It looks better with legs though, so I put four Hopetech units on the main body. This is easily my favorite ship.
By4RiPb.jpg

It started out as "Wraith" and it was the first ship I slapped together while figuring out the ship builder. Once I discovered how to cheese parts I hid two of the engines up in the claws and stuffed all 12 weapons between them.
g4EPtf4.jpg

Another early ship I built for hauling materials after unlocking all the parts was Longhorn which hit the build limit and had a mobility of 7 despite not actually carrying all that much cargo. I rebuilt it into a ship I called Brick. Brick has a cargo capacity of 15,000, a mass of 4165, and maneuvers better than it should with a mobility rating of 12. This is my go-to hauler, I can load it with several missions worth of freight. It also has enough living space for plenty of passengers and crew so I can handle space Uber work.
Xe4i3lt.jpg

After the Longhorn became the Brick, I wanted something that looked intimidating like Longhorn and got to work on my largest ship, Blacktron. Blacktron has every HAB unit in the game painstakingly laid out so that the ship only has one ladder well in the ship's center. All the rooms still follow a logical layout and the ship is easy to navigate despite its sheer number of rooms. This ship also hit the build limit with a mass of 3551, but it has a mobility of 100. Unfortunately, the crew size cap in the game is really low even after maxing the Command skill, so the ship is almost empty.
K2Q6Aw1.jpg

This ship is called Toad, though I'm not sure why. It's mostly cosmetic parts slapped around a fairly tiny interior but it looks pretty cool. It's packed with the best C-Class parts.
Vv6BQka.jpg

Toad started out as the smallest ship I could build, which I never took a shot of, then evolved into the blue, black and orange thing you see below. That became green and it was then I decided its fate as comic relief.
IsH35ne.jpg

When I got a free Stround-Eklund ship after completing the associated mission, I immediately tore it apart and built Jetfire, named after the Transformer. For a while I flew around with the biggest gun in the universe (setscale 10), then increased the ship's size and cargo capacity. This was my main ship for a solid week while I went about finishing companion quests. After realizing I disliked most of them, I sent them all to a frozen rock to mine Helium-3 and I parked the ship.
rCWihT9.jpg

At this point I had several massive ships in my space garage. I was looking back at the early iterations of Toad and decided to attempt to build the Scarab, which looks somewhat like a fat version of a Phantom from Halo. Despite my best efforts its specs were good, but not maxed-out. It looks cool though so there's that.
Rl0MbcF.jpg

This ship, the Heatleech is another ship I cheesed the landing gear warning with. I can actually get away with just two Taiyo landing rear all the way at the back of the ship. I think it has something to do with having the ship massively overloaded (changing from a 15,000 capacity ship to a small capacity ship maybe) which breaks the system. Again, it looked way too goofy, so I added more, but just a couple more. As per usual, plenty of cheesed parts taking up just a 2x2x1 block leaving more room for useless structural parts. I even cheesed two White Dwarf engines together back to back on either side. It ended up having a bit of a Halo Covenant cruiser vibe to it, only in Warthog green.
sTD7Y3V.jpg

This actually started life as the ship I got for finishing the Freestar quests. I remade it into the Ogre, but the ship was too slow and was set up very similar to Mr. Krabs. After a couple variations, I reduced the outriggers and brought them into the main body and discovered the landing gear was glitched, allowing me to use just a couple Taiyo gears.
NiHTYGm.jpg

My latest ship, the Flea, it's basically another attempt to jam as much good stuff into as small a package as I can. In the end I dumped the outboard White Dwarf engines in place of two Hopetech landing gears. The end result is the Reactor, grav-drive, fuel tanks, landing bay, shield and four weapons occupy a 4x4x4 cube. The ship has maxed out bars on all specs, has 12 weapons, 100 mobility, 150 speed, 300 cargo capacity. It breaks the camera in gameplay, it turns so sharp the ship exits the screen in 3rd person view. It can tank almost any ship within seconds. I had set it up with another White Dwarf 3-pod cheesed in over the roof and under the two at the rear, but it looked terrible and actually blocked the landing bay, so I went with the single outboard engines because realism.
w3fbgGW.jpg

Fun game! Don't forget to like and subscribe, or... whatever.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Since my heavily modded steam version isn't playable until the scripted extender is updated I opened the gamepass version. The FOV affects weapon model. Something that the ini tweak didn't. Nice.
Also, FSR is garbage and the unmodded interface is atrocious. I guess it's ok if you play far away from you TV. But on a monitor there's so much wasted space.
You can mod the Game Pass version too, and I guess that's why by default Starfield looks for overriding files in My Documents instead of in the game's folder, that way you mod both Steam and Windows Store versions in a single path, easier for modders to tell where to install files.

I use both Star UI mods, LUTs, DLSS and many more on the Windows Store version without any issue since early access, no need of the Steam version to enjoy the game with mods.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I finished the game and got all the achievements. A decent game that missed the mark of being great. It's a classic example of quantity over quality.

7/10 is the score it gets. It would easily be an 8.5 if they hadn't robbed the game of meaningful exploration the way previous Bethesda games did where you were encouraged to wander off the beaten path. In this game, when you wandered all you did was get randomly generated planets.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yes, you can mod the Gamepass version. I installed DLSS3/FG mod, Neutral LUTs (a GOD send in terms of colors, gets rid of the overbrightened and makes it look so much better and natural).

Both mods made for a much better experience.

You can mod the Game Pass version too, and I guess that's why by default Starfield looks for overriding files in My Documents instead of in the game's folder, that way you mod both Steam and Windows Store versions in a single path, easier for modders to tell where to install files.

I use both Star UI mods, LUTs, DLSS and many more on the Windows Store version without any issue since early access, no need of the Steam version to enjoy the game with mods.

Yes, you can mod the Gamepass version. I installed DLSS3/FG mod, Neutral LUTs (a GOD send in terms of colors, gets rid of the overbrightened and makes it look so much better and natural).

Both mods made for a much better experience.

Just be aware the Windows Store version can't and likely won't ever run mods that require the Starfield Script Extender, at least as far as I know. This includes any mods that require major scripting changes like gameplay tweaks, body replacers, etc. There is already a pretty big list of mods that require SFSE and once the mod tools release the number will skyrocket. If your goal is to mod the ever-loving piss out of the game, the Steam version is the best option, similar to Fallout 4 which had only limited mods on the console and Windows Store versions due to the lack of F4SE support.

Lokaum D+

Man this game is just special, really the type of game that comes once per generation, there is nothing like it out there. I understand the criticisms, its not a perfect game: I wish we had aliens, I wish the writing wasnt so safe. But man what it does it does so well, the sense of freedom for a space adventure and exploration is unmatched.
my God, i feel sad for how delusional u guys are, Jesus.

Last edited:

It seems damned near every time I'm an hour or more into making a ship these appear, but the game does not highlight the culprit because Bethesda hired someone's dog to set up the UIs in the game. I swear 99.9% of the time there is no issue as I'll take the ship apart piece by piece and when it's reassembled there are no issues despite the completed ship being identical using all the same part /rant.
I've been mostly avoiding this thread as just before the game released, I ran across a major spoiler in the middle of an unrelated topic which revealed the entire game's ending in two sentences which I read at a glance. The game has issues, lots of issues, but I've been having a lot of fun with all the side quests, busy work and endless shit to do. The ship builder has been a major time vampire for me.
Here some of the ships I've put together over the last month, excluding a few like the Frontier and Razorleaf which I've upgraded but kept looking the same. I'm really looking forward to some new parts releasing and for the creation kit to release so the mod community can make all the current parts rotatable and flappable. I find it really hard to finish the backsides of ships since 90% of the parts can't face backwards. It's also hard to make "wings" since large panels like the Stroud-Eklund panels can't rotate 90 degrees. Tons of parts inexplicably don't have attachment points even though there is surface area to do so.

I do a lot of cheesing when building ships. In most of my ships the reactor, grav-drive, fuel tanks and shields all occupy a single 4x4x4 cube. In many cases I hide weapons as well and have the shot appear to exit a pothole or something else resembling a weapon. It's probably been discussed earlier in the thread but you can do this without codes by placing objects with attach points (nova bracer) around the place you want to cheese a new part into. Attach the part you want to cheese above or below the location you want it to occupy, then duplicate/copy the part. The new part will appear directly above or below the current part and as long as there is an available attach point the object will appear green, even if it's intersecting another part. You can use this to make certain parts stick to each other through another object as well and when the game checks it sees each part is connected to another already connected part and clears the warning.

This is Mr. Krabs. It's was my go-to ship for almost everything early in the game. I actually broke the landing gear system in the game and somehow I can run this ship with just the two single landing gears under the claws. It looks better with legs though, so I put four Hopetech units on the main body. This is easily my favorite ship.
By4RiPb.jpg

It started out as "Wraith" and it was the first ship I slapped together while figuring out the ship builder. Once I discovered how to cheese parts I hid two of the engines up in the claws and stuffed all 12 weapons between them.
g4EPtf4.jpg

Another early ship I built for hauling materials after unlocking all the parts was Longhorn which hit the build limit and had a mobility of 7 despite not actually carrying all that much cargo. I rebuilt it into a ship I called Brick. Brick has a cargo capacity of 15,000, a mass of 4165, and maneuvers better than it should with a mobility rating of 12. This is my go-to hauler, I can load it with several missions worth of freight. It also has enough living space for plenty of passengers and crew so I can handle space Uber work.
Xe4i3lt.jpg

After the Longhorn became the Brick, I wanted something that looked intimidating like Longhorn and got to work on my largest ship, Blacktron. Blacktron has every HAB unit in the game painstakingly laid out so that the ship only has one ladder well in the ship's center. All the rooms still follow a logical layout and the ship is easy to navigate despite its sheer number of rooms. This ship also hit the build limit with a mass of 3551, but it has a mobility of 100. Unfortunately, the crew size cap in the game is really low even after maxing the Command skill, so the ship is almost empty.
K2Q6Aw1.jpg

This ship is called Toad, though I'm not sure why. It's mostly cosmetic parts slapped around a fairly tiny interior but it looks pretty cool. It's packed with the best C-Class parts.
Vv6BQka.jpg

Toad started out as the smallest ship I could build, which I never took a shot of, then evolved into the blue, black and orange thing you see below. That became green and it was then I decided its fate as comic relief.
IsH35ne.jpg

When I got a free Stround-Eklund ship after completing the associated mission, I immediately tore it apart and built Jetfire, named after the Transformer. For a while I flew around with the biggest gun in the universe (setscale 10), then increased the ship's size and cargo capacity. This was my main ship for a solid week while I went about finishing companion quests. After realizing I disliked most of them, I sent them all to a frozen rock to mine Helium-3 and I parked the ship.
rCWihT9.jpg

At this point I had several massive ships in my space garage. I was looking back at the early iterations of Toad and decided to attempt to build the Scarab, which looks somewhat like a fat version of a Phantom from Halo. Despite my best efforts its specs were good, but not maxed-out. It looks cool though so there's that.
Rl0MbcF.jpg

This ship, the Heatleech is another ship I cheesed the landing gear warning with. I can actually get away with just two Taiyo landing rear all the way at the back of the ship. I think it has something to do with having the ship massively overloaded (changing from a 15,000 capacity ship to a small capacity ship maybe) which breaks the system. Again, it looked way too goofy, so I added more, but just a couple more. As per usual, plenty of cheesed parts taking up just a 2x2x1 block leaving more room for useless structural parts. I even cheesed two White Dwarf engines together back to back on either side. It ended up having a bit of a Halo Covenant cruiser vibe to it, only in Warthog green.
sTD7Y3V.jpg

This actually started life as the ship I got for finishing the Freestar quests. I remade it into the Ogre, but the ship was too slow and was set up very similar to Mr. Krabs. After a couple variations, I reduced the outriggers and brought them into the main body and discovered the landing gear was glitched, allowing me to use just a couple Taiyo gears.
NiHTYGm.jpg

My latest ship, the Flea, it's basically another attempt to jam as much good stuff into as small a package as I can. In the end I dumped the outboard White Dwarf engines in place of two Hopetech landing gears. The end result is the Reactor, grav-drive, fuel tanks, landing bay, shield and four weapons occupy a 4x4x4 cube. The ship has maxed out bars on all specs, has 12 weapons, 100 mobility, 150 speed, 300 cargo capacity. It breaks the camera in gameplay, it turns so sharp the ship exits the screen in 3rd person view. It can tank almost any ship within seconds. I had set it up with another White Dwarf 3-pod cheesed in over the roof and under the two at the rear, but it looked terrible and actually blocked the landing bay, so I went with the single outboard engines because realism.
w3fbgGW.jpg

You are really imaginative with your designs. Maybe they will add a star-yard to the game at some point that has a catalog of user submitted designs that other players could buy for their characters (like how the sims 4 lets players submit content). At the very least they should hold a contest or something and get some of the best user built designs in there.

Fess

By4RiPb.jpg

g4EPtf4.jpg

Xe4i3lt.jpg

K2Q6Aw1.jpg

Vv6BQka.jpg

IsH35ne.jpg

rCWihT9.jpg

Rl0MbcF.jpg

sTD7Y3V.jpg

NiHTYGm.jpg

w3fbgGW.jpg

Oh wow those ship designs are amazing! 👏👏👏👏👏

Topher

Gold Member

By4RiPb.jpg

g4EPtf4.jpg

Xe4i3lt.jpg

K2Q6Aw1.jpg

Vv6BQka.jpg

IsH35ne.jpg

rCWihT9.jpg

Rl0MbcF.jpg

sTD7Y3V.jpg

NiHTYGm.jpg

w3fbgGW.jpg

shocked holy shit GIF

That's a lot of ships my man. Nicely done

Fess

Surprised this is still going. Even my normie friends gave up on this weeks ago and they're very easily entertained.
Why rushing away? It can be fantastic depending on what you like to do, can truly hook you. I can spend an evening doing nothing but building ships. Recently got the Freestar ship so I’m currently trying to figure out how to morph that into a cool custom design. And the base building and loop there for resources and research has pulled me in too. Raiding random enemy outposts and ships is fun too. I’m really just playing because I’m entertained by the systems and different gameplay loops and variety. Already finished the main story so that’s no pull anymore.

But at what point am I done? No idea.

At what point am I done drawing, playing the guitar, running? 🤷‍♂️

As with everything, when I get bored I do something else, no deeper thoughts there. But I’m not there yet with Starfield. Still playing almost daily.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I have now matched (came back so I had access to my XSX again) my progress on XSX to my progress on Steam Deck… yes, in order to get decent performance you do need to hack things around the Steam Deck version (there are some great performance mods targeting uni, UI, and textures too) and tolerate stretches in cities and some small parts where resolution will dip, some shadow glitches may be present, and framerate might sometimes fly between 21 and 25 FPS too (indoors and in space staying locked 30 FPS mostly) but surprise you positively too… still quality not being miles and miles away from XSX (actually decently consistent). Performance yes, XSX does not drop frames like that.

What is surprising is how much enjoyable gyro aiming is, once you activate it (I use one of the four back buttons)… I cannot believe Xbox gamers do not shout louder for that and have taken not having this option since the PS3 days so lightly… 🤷‍♂️

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Started a new game, decided to do my first play through completed modded.

How did I do? lol

What mods would anyone recommend?

otZbKO6.png

Started a new game, decided to do my first play through completed modded.

How did I do? lol

What mods would anyone recommend?

otZbKO6.png
all the star ui mods

compact mods that star ui dont cover

for ship

Starfield Script Extender was updated twice today, make sure you have the new version
sfse mods will be using this as well

need to wait for the sfse depended mods to get updated

i really dislike vortex... Mod organizer 2 is much better

Be careful on some mods that use .esp there are no tools out to make them properly, which can cause issues in the saves after a while.

Last edited:

calistan

I think I might be done with this now. Just got to what I assume is the end of the story, and it's forcing me into space combat with several ships. Turned it off immediately, there's no point even trying to win that fight.

My fault entirely, but I just haven't bothered with the space fighting at all. I destroyed three ships in the tutorial section, and that's it. I've barely flown anywhere, it's just select a mission from the map, press X to land.

I liked the on-foot shooting a lot, especially in low gravity. Meaty weapons. The lack of a coherent overworld is not great, though, I had no idea which star systems most of the towns were in, let alone which planets, hence the constant fast travel.

In an ideal world they'd have somehow licensed the space game engine from Elite Dangerous, and married that to the FPS/RPG sections. Farewell Starfield, feels like I hardly knew you.

EDMIX

all the star ui mods

compact mods that star ui dont cover

for ship

Starfield Script Extender was updated twice today, make sure you have the new version
sfse mods will be using this as well

need to wait for the sfse depended mods to get updated

i really dislike vortex... Mod organizer 2 is much better

Be careful on some mods that use .esp there are no tools out to make them properly, which can cause issues in the saves after a while.

Massive respect!

Downloaded all of em, now to make the most sus character to bother everyone on GaF lol

azFhrm2.jpg

Just finished up "Entangled" that's probably my favorite of the main story missions so far, every time you think you've experienced every loop the game could have to offer they throw a different wrinkle in. I really enjoyed this one.

By4RiPb.jpg

g4EPtf4.jpg

Xe4i3lt.jpg

K2Q6Aw1.jpg

Vv6BQka.jpg

IsH35ne.jpg

rCWihT9.jpg

Rl0MbcF.jpg

sTD7Y3V.jpg

NiHTYGm.jpg

w3fbgGW.jpg

WOW!

Fess

She also has a distinct lack of [Flirt] responses. She has like three of them and all I ever hear from her now when I use the flirt interaction is “Thanks, love. You are… not so bad yourself.”
Yeah the whole game is so incredibly bad at all that. Why is it so tame? I’ve never seen anything like this before. And it’s PEGI 18 lol

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I was reading some posts on Reddit and then it hit me. This games is

"minimum viable product".

Bethesda just cashed in on their brand.
I disagree. If they wanted to just cash in on their brand we would have gotten a Fallot or Elder Scrolls instead of Starfield.

I think Starfield is more in the “Jack of all trades, king of none” zone. So many systems, all seem pretty good. But none of them are perfect.

I was reading some posts on Reddit and then it hit me. This games is

"minimum viable product".

Bethesda just cashed in on their brand.

Have you played it yourself? Are the Reddit posters you are paying attention to even playing it?

Internet response about the game is positive overall (as it should be), but if you look in specific circles you find a lot of craziness about everything. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Cdbaksul

Neo Member
Still going strong, and still loving the game. Around 50 hours played.

Upgraded from a 1080p 43" to a 4k 55" TV and the game looks great with HDR and some tweaks to sharpness on my Series S.

So I love checking out all the details as if for the first time.

Still so much I want to do, still many factions I haven't touched, and Godd only knows how many side things.

EDMIX

Restera asked for their site banner back
I think you’re on the wrong board.

Now SHE is ready for a night out on the town!

aqq0NUO.jpg

Now she is ready for working at the Call Center for the T-Mobile Store

V5UTAFm.jpg

But that doesn't mean she can't have a good time in this sporty active look!

1aQiftq.jpg

But don't let her free spirt and lively persona fool you though, she will ask for the manager and handle her own at the Ross customer service line!

RBZIphE.jpg

Top Bottom