• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Anachronox -- MB-1C6AD1328B6F3864 - Taken by Kagemusha
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-BF8111778CF1DFAD - Taken by Jmanunknown
Daikatana -- MB-53DBE15144FC00A9 - Taken by Coldsun
Thief Gold -- MB-35A8929B4BB52182 - Taken by sapsari
Mini Ninjas -- MB-192E8C7295D3E264 - Taken by VikasNarula
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-0F2397FB7DE062D1 - Taken by adriano999

cKC5pu3.png

igkyyPceSJr6A.gif

Vibranium

Banned
So some of you may have seen Stump's earlier post about someone spamming a NFS thing on Greenlight. This is what the most recent category on Greenlight looks like right now.

I sort of get why Valve is removing Greenlight in the future now.

Reminds me of the entry trolling during the early days of Greenlight when some Russian "developer" presented his ultimate masterpiece, "Space Gaben" featuring Mr. Newell as an astronaut.

So some of you may have seen Stump's earlier post about someone spamming a NFS thing on Greenlight. This is what the most recent category on Greenlight looks like right now.

wtf.jpg

I wonder why they don't just IP ban him or something. Unless they just want all the hundreds he's spending to spam Greenlight.

You should have at least given him
Something to soften the blow.

Rad Bats?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The FASA Studio Shadowrun wasn't a bad game, and I didn't mind that it wasn't the RPGs of old (Mega Drive being the best, board games good too), but I was left utterly confused by the story and plot as it did nothing for me when it came to the lore of the franchise and that's what I wanted.

Gameplay wise it wasn't awful, but we had so many other FPS titles to play in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl or Unreal Tournament 3 and so forth that I couldn't stick with it.

Thanks.
The person in my avatar is actually a girl, tho ;)

Air Master looks like a fun show. I'll have to check it out once I finish Change 123,,

wilflare

Yes most Shadowrun fans dislike. Mainly because it was nothing like the original games. But those who could get past that were able to get into a MP game that was a lot of fun with a great community. Last time I played years after release. There was still a decent amount of players all things considered. Part of that I know was thanks to the cross play.

I don't think the app has been updated yet. But considering they're doing RE5 might just be a slow process before they get to it.

so just to get you right, there's

Lost Planet Extreme Condition
Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition? - Avoid?
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3

Jawmuncher

so just to get you right, there's

Lost Planet Extreme Condition
Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition? - Avoid?
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3

Yep you got it.
Avoid colonies and wait for 2 to remove GFWL or a sale .

LPEC plays just fine as does LP3. MP works on 3 as well but its dead.

They were probably banking on Gears of War to make it succeed along with Halo 2. Funnily enough, according to Wikipedia, the first GFWL-enabled game was that awful Shadowrun fps. The only good thing to come out of GFWL was GFW Radio though.
That Shadowrun FPS was one of the best team-based multiplayer games in 'recent' memory. Even today there hasn't been anything quite like it since, something new that scratches that very same itch. What brought it down was the unbelievable mismanagement from Microsoft: they overvalued the cross-platform functionality that simultaneously lead to the PC version being gimped in controls, far too expensive for what it was on launch (60 dollars for a MP-only game with a limited number of maps) alongside the lack of post-launch discounts, Xbox Live online connectivity having a price attached to it on PC, no digital purchase presence (since DD hadn't broken out in a big way yet) on top of the fanbase having its feathers ruffled over the first Shadowrun game in years being a shooter instead the RPG sequel everyone wanted. Oh, and they denied FASA Studios the chance to wrap up their almost-complete 4 DLC maps (if memory serves) to give it some legs after the positive word-of-mouth it enjoyed from consumers despite all odds.

If it had come out a year or two later when digital distribution services (and by extension free week-ends) became more accepted and if it had been prized sensibly, then it could've had a much better reception. To some degree, it was ahead of its time in conjunction with its publisher being painfully incompetent.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I might stream it tomorrow for a bit - if anyone's interested :)

If I can watch multiple Serious Sam streams, I can make it through anything* :p

*As long as I'm awake and not asleep.

I wonder why they don't just IP ban him or something. Unless they just want all the hundreds he's spending to spam Greenlight.

I'm surprised they haven't banned him already. I've already done my part and reported the entries.

Reminds me of the entry trolling during the early days of Greenlight when some Russian "developer" presented his ultimate masterpiece, "Space Gaben" featuring Mr. Newell as an astronaut.

I also really need to look this up now.

Also, thank you once again Spring-Loaded :D

With the amount of hot garbage that somehow gets approved to be on Steam, I am all for Greenlight being Old Yeller'd

Nabs

GGs to Marco for those SF matches. I'll definitely start up an earlier lobby once we're done with Serious Shame.

Also, Skullgirls has online practice mode. Just create a lobby and set Type to Practice. Pretty cool!

Sharkiller

wtf with msi afterburner? i have more than 500 process between RTSSHooksLoader64.exe EncoderServer64.exe and RTSS.exe
Is not the first time. What a piece a crap.
there is a way to mass kill process without restart?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GGs to Marco for those SF matches. I'll definitely start up an earlier lobby once we're done with Serious Shame.

Also, Skullgirls has online practice mode. Just create a lobby and set Type to Practice. Pretty cool!

so when am I crushing you in SSF4 anyway? you cant duck me forever nabs

that is not true at all im a scrub...or am I

yes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Name the time and the place.

November 15th 2019!

or whenever, I dont think I even have it installed, I havent touched it in like a year. I have Skullgirls installed tho, and Ive been wanting to finally try it

Rhaknar needs to stop this nonsense and go home and be a family man

but I dont play Guile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom