• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

thenexus6

eBay £4.50

IwnsRub.jpg

Played some of the first back in the day but never played any KZ game after.. controls and gameplay will definitely take some getting used too, but game looks very good considering its from 2009, looking forward to playing through then getting KZ3.

Some more Sakamoto songs from iTunes. Hoping going to see him live in London again in February.

JYMM3m5.png

Bashtee

Spent quite a lot, didn't want to, though. Urgh. Bought Rune Factory 3 new, just a week before they announced to shut down. Really depressing, Rune Factory is quite better than Harvest Moon, from my point of view at least.

My macbook air is running out of battery power and we don't always have free power sockets, so instead of a new macbook, I bought an iPad Air.

Might end up coding something to ease up the managment of my projects for the university as well as planning my courses and making appointments in the calendar.

Haven't touched object-c yet, so I won't be starting that until end-term exams are over. Anyone into mobile development who can suggest a good book to start with iOS programming?

Also, dat NIER OST. Only paid 25€ including shipping. Was a great deal.

Shengar

10 Tracks on the OST. Fucking ripoff. Almost fell for that on the CE of Final Fantasy XIV ARR.

At least the figurine is made of porcelain. DUH.

But the artbook is nice.

Wait what?! 10 OSTs?!
Thanks for the warning, gonna buy the regular edition instead though I do want the artbook :/

milkham

Including November, hopefully I stop buying things.

Some camera stuff, an 18-55 for my eos-m and a Rokinon fisheye
10622181176_fc89f1c3b6_z.jpg
10622143505_3102e522cd_z.jpg

Nook HD 7" that was dirt cheap
10734726144_446f0a37bc_z.jpg

Zelda 3DS XL, Waterfield Cityslicker case and suede jacket
11058340843_649ac2527d_z.jpg
11211749424_edeeb95c05_z.jpg
11211749525_467ea32285_z.jpg
11211876443_328c214132_z.jpg

Some games
11252898943_d9c60fa087_z.jpg
10735121565_2e89f67bd8_z.jpg
10622170064_dd9a0bc801.jpg

Linius

That case is a thing of beauty. Bit pricey though, may be something I consider at some point if I have some money to spare :D

Linius

I can't disagree. what do you use as a case linius?

Don't have one yet for the XL, so it never left the house at the moment. Probably will pick up some 15 euro thingy with Luigi on the front later this month :p

But I bookmarked the webshop where you got that case from. It will come down to 42 euros for me including shipping. So that's roughly the price of a game.

Gameboy415

I wasn't planning to make any major purchases on Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year so I figured I'd pick up a few cheap games & movies.
Turns out I went completely overboard, haha.

Games:

1312-Games1_zpsaed81a4d.jpg

-Lots of super-cheap Nintendo stuff, mostly from Amazon Lightning deals. (I also have Batman: Arkham City for Wii U on the way, but it was back-ordered)

1312-Games3_zps239cda86.jpg

-A few of the Vita/PSP games I'd been wanting finally hit price points I was willing to pay and I stocked up on PS+ memberships while they were cheap.

1312-Games2_zpse498b486.jpg

-I scooped up a bunch of PS3 games I'd been interested in at great prices too. :)

Blu-Rays:
1312-Movies1_zps6a8da284.jpg

-I definitely went overboard on movies this year but everything was so cheap! (I also have Michiko & Hatchin Part 1 & Blues Brothers on the way, but they were both back-ordered)
I'm psyched to watch all of this stuff over the next few months but the highlight of the lot for me is definitely Good Burger on DVD - I've wanted this stupid movie for years! hahaha

Bii

Late post but all of these were from November.

11256105975_c9b4916733_b.jpg

Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
I was only going to pick up the PS4 but ended up getting an Xbox One for free; can't say no to that. Unfortunately, the only game I have on the Xbox One is Killer Instinct. I'm waiting for Titanfall and/or when Dead Rising 3/Forza 5 drops in price.

11256130616_2e4f7ede37_b.jpg

Panasonic SCHTB370 2.1-Channel 240-Watt Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
Got this for $150 during Amazon's Black Friday lighning deals. I thought about getting a proper 2.1 setup by building it piece-by-piece but came to the realization that I really wanted decent audio now, rather than later. When I'm watching my Blu-Rays or playing my consoles, the TV speakers just weren't cutting it. I needed something a step above and this soundbar works just fine. I may upgrade to a proper setup later next year but this'll do. I really like that the soundbar is as wide as my TV (most soundbars I've seen are really short and doesn't look aesthetically pleasing) and if you look at it straight and center, you'd barely notice that it was there.

11256105325_f65968c4c5_b.jpg

My PS4 launch games. NBA 2K14 is seeing the most play time but some of the game design/decisions is just bonkers. I've only played Need for Speed: Rivals and Call of Duty: Ghosts for a few hours each and they've been fun so far. I've yet to open Battlefield 4 or Assassin's Creed IV. All games were bought during Target's B2G1 + 30% off deal as well as Amazon's B2G1.

11256130876_a7f4c70846_b.jpg

Lastly, my Zelda 3DS XL. Already had a red/black XL that I sold to my brother once I got this. Also got the green XL cradle from Club Nintendo. Looks great with the Zelda handheld.

Yes Boss!

Cleaning up on some Wii U stuff for the year. Wonderful 101 has been a real challenge to buy but it was $10 off so finally putting it on the shelf. Never saw the point of the Controller Pro, since I use the Gamepad for everything but, I wanted to try it out...give Luigi a playthrough with it.

77C31282-47C4-4971-8D5D-3EA27E605A80.jpg

Online only streaming video game awards show? Sorry Joel Mchale, but lol, NO. I've spent my Saturday playing around with an SVS PC13-Ultra Subwoofer. 47" tall subwoofer, 17" wide, rated at 1K Wattage, and possibly able to go below 17Hz if tweaked and ported properly.

Picked it up at the local FedEx store and it thankfully it fit in the back of my Charger.

Closer to it's natural habit.

Old, DEAD, Inifinity SW12 on the left, SVS PC13-Ultra unboxed and wrapped in its protective shield on the right.

That's what it looks like next to an Infinity Beta 50 floorstanding speaker.

Ran the Audyssey speaker setup for the first time in 6 years now that a key component of the HT has changed and I've spend my time listening babying it with some bass heavy rap, electronica, and mixed in a few movies too. Pacific Rim is a good demo disc.

The_Afroman

This month and last have been an EPIC display of wallet pain. But i have to say it has been the most epic month of gaming in recent years. So excited for the craziness!

My Greatest! pick up this past Friday was this little guy.

Add to my collection.

milkham

LOL. I was going to describe each one.. but chose not too. I ordered 1 from amazon. But they sent me 1 BOX of hori screen protectors which is 6.. on accident. Charged me for 1 only.

ah thats awesome, i'm always paranoid ordering just one because i will find a way to mess it up completely. hot deal.

have you had a chance to mess with the gcw zero yet?

After a very, very long wait...

Fast Striker Neo Geo AES US edition with soundtrack and posters. 1560 MEGS.

I've been waiting for someone to compliment you on this, and it hasn't happened yet. Maybe no one knows what this is?

Either way, Congratulations. I think it's awesome.

Psyclone

I had a wii u this time last year but ended up trading it in due to the lack of games at the time. Now it's difficult to decide what games to get! I have my eye on W101, zombiu and rayman. Xenoblade will be mine for chtistmas (I played this already, never completed it as I spent far too much time side questing so going in for round 2)

WW is excellent and looks amazing. SM3DW is pretty good as well (I am yet to experience mp) and Pikmin is great. I have decided to ditch my Sony set (ps3,vita), ignore next gen hype and go with Nintendo. 3ds to compliment the wiiu? Any thoughts?

so1337

Cleaning up on some Wii U stuff for the year. Wonderful 101 has been a real challenge to buy but it was $10 off so finally putting it on the shelf. Never saw the point of the Controller Pro, since I use the Gamepad for everything but, I wanted to try it out...give Luigi a playthrough with it.

77C31282-47C4-4971-8D5D-3EA27E605A80.jpg
I was in the same boat until I played Mario 3D World for 3 hours straight and my wrists started aching. The gamepad is a nice controller but it is a little heavy. The Pro Controller is much more comfortable to use over long periods of time.

Tayo

Thank you for posting it fellow GAFfer, I'm glad you liked it! Hope the other GAFfers will also like their own models (which are a bit different from this one). :)

For reference here it is one that a couple of people will get/already have it:

I want this. Where can I buy it? online? yes?

Yes Boss!

I was in the same boat until I played Mario 3D World for 3 hours straight and my wrists started aching. The gamepad is a nice controller but it is a little heavy. The Pro Controller is much more comfortable to use over long periods of time.

My thing is that I pretty much use off-TV play and gamepad for everything. Only the Lego game did I use the actual TV. Virtual Console, too, all on my Gamepad.

Though, I did try this for an hour last night on Mario 3D World. Great and light and pretty slick. Though I did find myself constantly making the motions to blow and touch...forgetting that the stuff is not there.

I'll likely use it for specific games if it is warrented.

so1337

My thing is that I pretty much use off-TV play and gamepad for everything. Only the Lego game did I use the actual TV. Virtual Console, too, all on my Gamepad.
I'm the opposite. I pretty much exclusively look at the TV because the concept of an HD Nintendo game is still a foreign and wonderful thing to me (fresh Wii U owner here).
Though, I did try this for an hour last night on Mario 3D World. Great and light and pretty slick. Though I did find myself constantly making the motions to blow and touch...forgetting that the stuff is not there.

I'll likely use it for specific games if it is warrented.
Haha. Yeah, I might've done that a couple of times too.

Deefuzz

Been a while since I've done one of these. I'll start off with some good stuff from last month!

Already built the Pet Shop and I LOVE it.

I know some have their issues with this flick, but I enjoyed it.

Don't know why I bought one of these, but I got one and already never use it.

From the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale at Target

Also from the Buy 2 Get 1 free sale at Target

More to come!

Online only streaming video game awards show? Sorry Joel Mchale, but lol, NO. I've spent my Saturday playing around with an SVS PC13-Ultra Subwoofer. 47" tall subwoofer, 17" wide, rated at 1K Wattage, and possibly able to go below 17Hz if tweaked and ported properly.

Picked it up at the local FedEx store and it thankfully it fit in the back of my Charger.

Closer to it's natural habit.

Old, DEAD, Inifinity SW12 on the left, SVS PC13-Ultra unboxed and wrapped in its protective shield on the right.

That's what it looks like next to an Infinity Beta 50 floorstanding speaker.

Ran the Audyssey speaker setup for the first time in 6 years now that a key component of the HT has changed and I've spend my time listening babying it with some bass heavy rap, electronica, and mixed in a few movies too. Pacific Rim is a good demo disc.

SVS cylinder subs are sexy as hell. I would suggest using the sneakers soundtrack to set up the sub itself. Run Audyssey, use the sneakers soundtrack, run Audyssey again. Reason I suggest that soundtrack is because it can hit that really low freq bass that you can feel but cannot really hear. if done right it pressurizes the room.

I've been waiting for someone to compliment you on this, and it hasn't happened yet. Maybe no one knows what this is?

Either way, Congratulations. I think it's awesome.

LOL thanks dude. I bought it in January 2012 and it finally came - I was stoked!

It is amazing that they are still making Neo Geo AES games. For those that don't know, this is the largest MEG game ever (dwarfing the prior 700+ MEG games). It is amazing. Here it is being played (not my video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGxTRq3fnoI

It's mind-blowing that a retro system can run a game like this!

Asparagus

Got a few PC games.

i58Zv6Q.jpg

iNd9ARp.jpg

My MX518 finally gave up the ghost (RIP) so I went for the G400s since it seems to be the modern incarnation. The PSU on my old PC was crapping out as well so I picked up a new one.

3sCB3bo.jpg

Not pictured are my two PCI Voodoo 2's and the 6800GT I picked up since they're both already in my system.

Kyleoty

Neo Member
For The Vita
tearaway.jpg

For My Logitech GT Wheel. The Wheel Station Pro and an Anniversary edition of GT6. Finally Couch racing again.
wsfu2.jpg

D-e-f-

Banned
Got a few PC games.

i58Zv6Q.jpg

iNd9ARp.jpg

My MX518 finally gave up the ghost (RIP) so I went for the G400s since it seems to be the modern incarnation. The PSU on my old PC was crapping out as well so I picked up a new one.

3sCB3bo.jpg

Not pictured are my two PCI Voodoo 2's and the 6800GT I picked up since they're both already in my system.

Have I accidentally invented time travel? This is so surreal, all I ever see and hear about is retro-console stuff. Someone talking about getting Voodoo 2s is so surreal and awesome :D

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Nice choice. That thing should be the last subwoofer you need for a looooooooooong time.

Top Bottom