• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Bit of an impulse buy, haven't read any reviews but liked what I've seen of gameplay footage:
mVHcQfu.jpg

And free money!

I've had some reward points tucked away for a while, I never shop in GAME anymore but went in on the off chance there might be enough points left on my card for a bit of Steam credit. Turns out there was :)

Gameboy415

-I got all 3 of these for $2.50 total.

-I found all of these at Disc Replay - I've been trying to find "Tales from the Darkside: The Movie" for ages! :D

-I got Boom Blox for ~$10 and the GB games for ~$1 each.

-Found everything except for Deadpool super-cheap at a few different resale shops.
I've only finished Deadpool so far but I absolutely LOVED it!! :D

-Last but not least, I grabbed this cool little Deadpool figure for my desk. :)

United

Banned
Wow Dude, Bart Vs the Juggernauts. Can't explain how much I loved that game as a kid. It was fkn impossible for me though lol.

Cheska

Yeah...I think I thought money grew on trees this month :p Couldn't be happier with my pick ups though. Absolutely loving the anime which are all new shows to me, especially K-ON! The only XIII play art I'm missing now is Serah, which I'll get down the road, and OMFG at Zack <3

Asuna was kind of an impulse purchase when I started watching SAO. If any of you are interested I'd be happy to sell her to you at cost :)

7HNTYuKl.jpg

JkZY8Pwl.jpg

DjVd9Pul.jpg

My57OeGl.jpg

LgwBeKIl.jpg

plW29yDl.jpg

rbq5Hdyl.jpg

7cUSXmUl.jpg

An eclectic assortment for sure, but the seasons of Angel were on sale for 10 bucks each, I've had a song from this Oasis cd stuck in my head for the last 24 hours, and I've been meaning to pick up SMG2 for a long ass time.

NB4DoeU.jpg

Kesagiri

I came home from work late last night and found this sitting on my desk:

My girlfriend bought me a GTX 660 so I can run FFXIV: ARR. I didn't see it coming and now it runs at max instead of minimum at 12fps!

Goody

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Wave Race: Blue Storm, and a GameCube with Memory Card 1019. Haven't had a GameCube in a long time. Very happy to have one again and this time I'm not letting go of it unless something goes wrong with it.

Silent Hill 2

Diddy Kong Racing DS, Kirby Squeak Squad, and Soul Bubbles. DS games number 96, 97, and 98. Once more and then I gotta do something special for game 100. No clue what yet.

And that DSi mug...
I've been watching this on eBay for a while now. One day another one popped up and it was a lot cheaper so I impulse bought it. Don't think this is any kind of a knock-off or anything. It's a really nice mug and all that, I just have no idea where it could have originally come from. Anybody have any insight?

I got tired of waiting for the translation so figured I would just take the plunge.

Yeah, me too. I was thinking of buying it at launch, but it slipped my mind :p
I'll be also buying the game as soon as the fan-translation is finished, if it works with the Extra Edition too I'm getting that.

Yeah...I think I thought money grew on trees this month :p Couldn't be happier with my pick ups though. Absolutely loving the anime which are all new shows to me, especially K-ON! The only XIII play art I'm missing now is Serah, which I'll get down the road, and OMFG at Zack <3

Asuna was kind of an impulse purchase when I started watching SAO. If any of you are interested I'd be happy to sell her to you at cost :)

JkZY8Pwl.jpg

;D

DjVd9Pul.jpg

How is Korra? I've been purposely skipping it until more episodes are available.

plW29yDl.jpg

Yay, Zack! <3

nny

Maaanga! Tezuka and some...bathing-time-travelling fun!

DSC08613_zps12371fce.jpg

...and with those two Phoenix volumes I managed to complete the collection. It took me a while, but it's certainly of the centerpieces of my collection:

DSC08617_zps712e9560.jpg

Printed Limited Edition of Scroll #10 and a little treasure from the past for the collection:

DSC08622_zpsbb792aa2.jpg

TV stuffs:

DSC08615_zps6945776c.jpg

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Met the genius Adriano Zumbo last week and had to have some of his amazing Zumbarons.

Got sick of my iPhone 5 read lots of good reports on the HTC One and so far it’s brilliant.

Hit up the local flea market today and get super lucky on a bunch of SNES games. 20 tapes for $30, some real great games in there too. A little dirty but nothing that can't be cleaned off.

canocha

Got a few games in the mail this week:

Wii U:
Assassins Creed 3 Join or Die Edition and Call of Duty Black Ops 2
eK3Xslr.jpg

Wii:
Mario Kart Wii and Super Paper Mario
IeULO82.jpg

3DS:
Animal Crossing and Project X Zone
O7tnGsh.jpg

Dreamcast:
Tomb Raider Chronicles and Phantasy Star Online v2
BEve8vs.jpg

Funny thing about this copy of Tomb Raider.. its the 1st Portuguese copy!

Mega Drive:
Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble
hozNIsp.jpg

The guy also had Asterix and the Power of Gods and Dragon Ball Z (first print) but were already reserved... dammit!

Seik

Banned
Summertime! I just went to a EB games and went crazy! (It took me something like half an hour to remove all these stickers, and there's STILL some residues. ;_;)

lXqu4lT.jpg

God Eater Burst, Project X Zone got me interested.

ZTQ3gCf.jpg

THIS IS A CRIME!!! THAT THING IS BRAND NEW AND IT WAS 99 CENTS!!!!

wwbpLRr.jpg

I don't know if this price applies to all EBgames and Gamestops, but man if you don't have this game and have a Wii/Wii U. There's no reason to skip it for one fucking dollar.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
THIS IS A CRIME!!! THAT THING IS BRAND NEW AND IT WAS 99 CENTS!!!!

wwbpLRr.jpg

I don't know if this price applies to all EBgames and Gamestops, but man if you don't have this game and have a Wii/Wii U. There's no reason to skip it for one fucking dollar.

It's downright tragic that stores still can't get people to buy this game. It's only... y'know... one of the best action games of all time.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
I have made some more classic gaming purchases in the last 2 weeks, so here goes:

The 2 SNES games I purchased last weekend. MK3 was just $3 so i bought it. I got MMX2 on Ebay for $67 shipped, which is below average for the game, so it was a pretty good deal. I'm not going to be doing that too often though. I got the 2 XBOX games on saturday morning.

I bought all this at the Seattle Retro Gaming Expo today. I've been looking for Axelay for a fair price for a while now. Altogether the games above came up to $42. The expo was pretty good, I attended the Retronauts live podcast and that was a lot of fun. The TryNSave guys had a few rare Virtual Boy games I wanted, but I put myself on a budget, so i had to pass.

This is by far the most unusual item I purchased this weekend. I'd been wanting an oscilloscope and this one appears to work. now I just need to find some probes for it.

lvlzero

Banned
Wifes brother stops by with a big box, says "Hey, thought you might want this, was going to throw it all out.."

bfKP5aI.jpg

M3zFxxk.jpg

0WB7fqU.jpg

j0hD8RT.jpg

DaRRaEC.jpg

4C8U2xr.jpg

IOKa3G9.jpg

2zjHItl.jpg

56dDDi6.jpg

BJzqNU5.jpg

vRhQAQ4.jpg

XM8Qw9o.jpg

pWD0QOB.jpg

lVsrAUf.jpg

OdDtrSw.jpg

Going to be busy for the next few months till my Ps4 arrives..

Top Bottom