• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

//ARCANUM

[QUOTE="D";171882173]
qUFku82.jpg

None of these are July purchases but I'd figure I'd share anyway.

Funny thing is, I NEVER intended to collect these, it just sort of happened:

- Got the OoT 3DS as a early Christmas gift from my girlfriend.

- Randomly walked into a Gamestop to ask about a DS Lite to replace the old one I dropped and damaged and the guy shows me the Zelda one so I say "why not" and buy it.

- Wanted to upgrade to a 3DSXL so I hopped onto Craigslist, lo and behold some guy was selling a sealed ALbW Bundle near me at a pretty good price. Bought.

- Sold my original launch Wii U to a family member and a few months later just when I was contemplating getting a new one, the Wind Waker bundle comes out right around the time my income tax money came in. Bought.

- After the New 3DSXL Majora's Mask sold out fiasco, I figured I was shit outta luck. Walked into GameStop the day they had a restock and dude was unboxing them as I approached the counter. Had like 3 total so I buy one.

Andthereitis.gif[/QUOTE]

yeah but do you like zelda? :p

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The last signing is from Charles Martinet, the voice actor for Mario. Very nice man, clearly young spirited. Super Mario 64 was the first Mario game I remember playing, so this was pretty sweet.

Hey I met CM two years ago and also got him to sign Mario 64. It was the first major Mario game he voiced, so it's appropriate to have that signed. I think he may have done voices in those PC edutainment titles, but other than that Mario 64 was his major debut in a game.

Yes he was a very nice dude.

My first contribution in a long time. This month has been fun, thus far.

• Two pachinko machines: a newer Apollo 13 and a vintage James Bond. Both work, but the Bond needs a bit of electrical tinkering (lights).
    XsyawNu.png

• Tamagotchi 4U, the newest model 'til the 4U+ comes out. I refused to wait the, like, two weeks. Plus, I like this color shell.
    YU3wdsF.png

• Next-gen! It included Batman, but I sold that shit immediately. Out of the box. Why? GODZILLA.
    oZ20DDB.png

• These sealed the deal: Akiba's Trip, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Hotline Miami Collected Edition, Natsuiro High School, Senran Kagura.
    XMzXbyT.png

• ...and, the ultimate killer-app system-seller...
    ieAuGKO.png

• Kindle Fire Phone and a Ranma 1/2 Alarm Clock. Non-gaming, just fun.
    woO2ghM.png

• Waldorf Blofeld, a magnificent synthesizer to help me finish a major project. Lots of power.
    LHgYnlt.png
Story time: I lost my job last month, a career I've had for the better part of a decade...but, I'll be honest, I'm good at what I do, so I've since landed elsewhere. Normally, I don't spend so lavishly on myself (relatively speaking, this is all pennies to some of y'all). Life is fucking short: I figure getting laid off, which was shitty, warranted a little cheering myself up. Thank you, severance check.

Early July pickups:

3DS games: Yoshi's New Island, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, and the steelbook edition of Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.
The latter is the French edition, but this game is EFIGS anyway, and I got a good deal on it (€25 for a sealed copy).

PSVita games: Mind = Zero, Steins;Gate, Operation Abyss - New Tokyo Legacy
I managed to get a preorder for around €21 in at Zavvi for Steins;Gate, and it took them about a month after release to send it, but they honoured it eventually. So I got this at a really good price.

PS3 game: The Disgaea Triple Play Collection, 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Champions Edition.
So that I can replay some of my country's games on the event. The Disgaea Triple Play Collection doesn't seem to contain any DLC, for those wondering. Has all the games on one disc however. And it does come with a nice reversible cover.

PC game: StarCraft II - Heart of the Swarm expansion.

And finally a Club Nintendo freebie: the Captain Toad lamp

Early July pickups:

3DS games: Yoshi's New Island, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, and the steelbook edition of Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.
The latter is the French edition, but this game is EFIGS anyway, and I got a good deal on it (€25 for a sealed copy).

I managed to get a preorder for around €21 in at Zavvi for Steins;Gate, and it took them about a month after release to send it, but they honoured it eventually. So I got this at a really good price.

PS3 game: The Disgaea Triple Play Collection, 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Champions Edition.
So that I can replay some of my country's games on the event. The Disgaea Triple Play Collection doesn't seem to contain any DLC, for those wondering. Has all the games on one disc however. And it does come with a nice reversible cover.

I love the way you take you pictures for this thread BTW.

Does the disgaea triple collection come with 3 discs?

I love the way you take you pictures for this thread BTW.

Does the disgaea triple collection come with 3 discs?

Thanks. :)
No, it's a single BluRay disc, there's a black and white manual (a brief one, just some general instructions on how to boot up the games and such), and a reversible cover.

No DLC leaflets either in there. I assume it's the three vanilla games put together on 1 disc.

Thanks. :)
No, it's a single BluRay disc, there's a black and white manual (a brief one, just some general instructions on how to boot up the games and such), and a reversible cover.

No DLC leaflets either in there. I assume it's the three vanilla games put together on 1 disc.

Wow all 3 games one 1 disc? That is crazy.

Pity about the booklet though!

I'll be damned, they're still making Tamagotchis?

In Japan, yeah, Bandai is still pushing them out. They're fun. Even though this version has no English patch, its predecessor had a fan-built one. Regardless, playing in Japanese, it's freaking Tamagotchi - it's not that hard to figure out what's going on. Plus, there's a fan-made English app for Android that allows you to transfer items and events to it via NFC that are typically sponsored releases in Japan.

Old-school Tamagotchi is available as a $1 app for mobile devices in NA, though.

My final purchase from AX arrived. Always good to have a new sidekick.
D6369DB9-22CD-473A-9F5D-0FF2C33370FD_zpsntfmlbpz.jpg

Next up, some magazines that I bought for the P4DAN DLC:
55CBE008-18ED-4141-9D5F-CC2301D50BE9_zps3g5pyhjb.jpg

5E8DFD0E-C66B-42E3-86D8-7B74FCB3B123_zpscsolt2a8.jpg

Finally, some comic books. Best being the final issue of Hawkeye by the Fraction/Aja team.
B2EE843E-9BDD-4EB1-93D0-22CBEC8C45F3_zpsxu8vaijv.jpg

EE41145A-2592-4624-B8B4-400FC8095B4D_zpsbqtzlivo.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Totally worth.

High five, Sociology buddy! Congratulations on graduating!
People may knock Sociology for being a useless social sciences degree, but it's gotten me two jobs already this year (found a decent job then found a better job), so it must be worth something. Haha

Firthy

Early July pickups:

A little off topic, but are those the IKEA Billy bookcases in the background? Im looking for something similar to store all my games!

Addnan

High five, Sociology buddy! Congratulations on graduating!
People may knock Sociology for being a useless social sciences degree, but it's gotten me two jobs already this year (found a decent job then found a better job), so it must be worth something. Haha

Thanks man, I've enjoyed it a lot. Loved every moment of it. I am continuing on a masters along similar lines (criminology and criminal policy). Pretty excited.

thenexus6

I feel dirty, I sometimes see people post some awesome deals and today I get to!

I just got this lot for £85!!

jauMSIn.jpg

3DS is second hand but hardly used apparently, and zelda is still sealed. All games have their club nintendo points.

What a steal!!!

pariah164

I feel dirty, I sometimes see people post some awesome deals and today I get to!

I just got this lot for £85!!

jauMSIn.jpg

3DS is second hand but hardly used apparently, and zelda is still sealed. All games have their club nintendo points.

What a steal!!!
Too bad Club Nintendo is no more... Nice pickups though.

Dalto11

Here are my pickups from the past month-ish:

ucOixuy.jpg

Picked up all the above for $150 total. One of the vita's has a dead screen, the other works perfectly and has a 16 GB memory card. Very pleased with it all, minus Persona 4 Golden not having a case.

msoN1Ga.jpg

Went ahead and picked up more games during the buy 2 get 1 free preowned sale at GameStop.

6z9GY8p.jpg

Picked up a few more PS3 games that I've been meaning to pick up, thanks to GS again and their 4 for $20 sale. Bummed that Little Big Planet didn't have its case but oh well. Got some major sticker clean up to do.

7dGmqQp.jpg

I had been wanting some wireless earbuds and a seller on Amazon had these on sell for $18 instead of the usual $30 (which was also apparently marked down from $99). The quality is pretty nice actually, robust bass and light weight. The battery life so far has been damn good too. Well worth the money.

neoxdonut

My first graphics card came in today.

SLiaouSl.jpg

cUe5qrOl.jpg

also bought the Sonic Hits Collection for $9.04 a few days ago since the only game Sonic game I've played is "Sonic Adventure 2"

DRq7gxi.png

The_Afroman

[QUOTE="D";171882173]
qUFku82.jpg

None of these are July purchases but I'd figure I'd share anyway.

Funny thing is, I NEVER intended to collect these, it just sort of happened:

- Got the OoT 3DS as a early Christmas gift from my girlfriend.

- Randomly walked into a Gamestop to ask about a DS Lite to replace the old one I dropped and damaged and the guy shows me the Zelda one so I say "why not" and buy it.

- Wanted to upgrade to a 3DSXL so I hopped onto Craigslist, lo and behold some guy was selling a sealed ALbW Bundle near me at a pretty good price. Bought.

- Sold my original launch Wii U to a family member and a few months later just when I was contemplating getting a new one, the Wind Waker bundle comes out right around the time my income tax money came in. Bought.

- After the New 3DSXL Majora's Mask sold out fiasco, I figured I was shit outta luck. Walked into GameStop the day they had a restock and dude was unboxing them as I approached the counter. Had like 3 total so I buy one.

Andthereitis.gif[/QUOTE]

Um.. are you me?!

6ghSUpE.png

I traded in my vanilla copies of MLB and Order and got these.

19750622276_c47c36f730_z.jpg

For $4 more total, I think it was worth it.

And I guess there's this:

19589020128_1281c6a5c8_z.jpg

eXistor

Finally settling into my new home so I can start posting my pick-ups with more regularity again. Some new Amiibo today:

WkVhYWk.jpg

It looks like my old chair, but it's in fact a new couch, just similar leather :)

ike_

Well here is my second batch of game related goodies for this month:

TKou4nB.jpg

Because

BO7rmKK.jpg

Also because of a recent Ghost Trick hype thread on GAF, and Radiant Historia was the recommended "also bought" during checkout. Vodka & GAF are a dangerous combination.

Plus wasn't Radiant Historia the original "reprint/limited run" game that was cool before Xenoblade was cool? Either way I will never turn down another reason to curl up with my 3DS in bed.

AmyS

VfWGScS.jpg

Took advantage of the GameStop offer. But couldn't transfer my NNID so had to call Nintendo yesterday. Their customer service was awesome.

Mike Golf

ylLpr26.jpg

mwoHjdK.jpg

Finally got a Neo Geo CD along with Metal Slug 2, Real Bout Special and Samurai Shodown. Been mulling over getting an AES or CD and fact is the games I want cost 1K or more for the cartridges so CD it was. Metal Slug 1 is still in the mail from Australia and will hopefully get here soon. It's just too bad MS3 and MSX were'nt also released on the system, then I would truly feel complete. MS4 - 6 were ok but as they were developed by a different team you can definitely tell the difference in level design and the overall flow of the game. Not to mention the move to pre-rendered background sprites.

^ This guy right here is my man. You might hear/ im sure have already heard the bevy of warnings/bs about load times (dont get me wrong theyre outrigt terrible in some cases) but once the little machine is running its a sexy SNK beast. Sure you might miss out on the later big releases like MOTW and Metal SLug 3, but the prices youd pay for those games would net you 4 neo geo cd and copies of Metal slug one and 2 you so swiftly purchased

PS. GET LAST BLADE 1 and 2! And turn off cutscenes to reduce loadtimes lol at least after an inital run thru

Mike Golf

^ This guy right here is my man. You might hear/ im sure have already heard the bevy of warnings/bs about load times (dont get me wrong theyre outrigt terrible in some cases) but once the little machine is running its a sexy SNK beast. Sure you might miss out on the later big releases like MOTW and Metal SLug 3, but the prices youd pay for those games would net you 4 neo geo cd and copies of Metal slug one and 2 you so swiftly purchased

PS. GET LAST BLADE 1 and 2! And turn off cutscenes to reduce loadtimes lol at least after an inital run thru

Heh, thanks. The load times really aren't that bad, certainly not when weighed against the price I'd have to pay to not have them with the AES. I LOVE the gamepad too, both are in great condition and the micro switches feel awesome. Might pick up the arcade stick for it at sone point too to get the full Neo Geo arcade control expereince. Just wish the stick came as the red cabinet color and had the proper colored buttons like the CD gamepad does.

I'll check out Last Blade, I do want to get more games now that I have the machine. King of Monsters 1 and 2 look to be a lot of fun as well.

Top Bottom