• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

Koppai

jhgC9vQ.jpg

Theatrhythm was on the weekly sale for 13.99, i realize it might get localized maybe later on but fuck it.

Another day, another Amiami shipment has arrived...

Persona 4 Pinched keychains with our little favorite family:
f75410a52e61aa4d712e53d05d8f1a47_zpsowf5whh1.jpg

Chara-Forme No. 004 - Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
96787d9e6afa259bc1d45440276988fa_zpseqzrtgf8.jpg

2a31a0a06fa848e452dfa55d03b5bb9b_zpsieycin70.jpg

Dropped my Xbox One while moving it into the living room and it is no longer with us, or under warranty so I splurged. I'll replace it eventually, had too many games on it not to, but for the moment I don't miss it too much.

MSW1fRZl.jpg

What's funny about this pic is that Persona 4 Golden is the best game.

Anyway, impressive purchase.
Enjoy!

Expensive Nintendo month. First up a Gameboy Micro, Super Mario Bros classic, Super mario kart super circuit and Super Mario allstars wii.

gJzTxK2.jpg

Then my son broke his 3DSXL, it was his birthday a couple of days later so I went for this because he liked mine.

joEcPSh.jpg

Lots of amiibo, trying for a full boxed euro set.

yngJMoL.jpg

Zelda has been a pain in the arse. The one shown here has a split where a security tag was put in. The first had a damaged box. Double rosalina for trades later on if I struggle to complete.

rOfIrNa.jpg

Got lucky with the shulks, only paid retail for the three. Same again, bought to trade for hard to finds.

uzj2JeA.jpg

Found another ness, again to trade if needed.

DqtV0QH.jpg

First ZSS is slightly damaged, the card was folded during delivery, so I bought a replacement.

o2doOFn.jpg

Ended up importing the silver mario from amazon.com, added the other two because they were at RRP.

TTv6j5O.jpg

Also got the Witcher limited edition guide, not even opened it yet.

MoBHNgE.jpg

Atolm

My purchases for the first half of the year. Not counting digital ones like Tomb Raider DE, Sleeping Dogs DE, Thief or Shadow Warrior. I have a huge backlog...

D8EqIFSl.jpg

Galdius

After 9 days in New York, this is everything I got gaming related:

First, some games for my Vita collection (I'm still missing 13 games for the US fullset):
sXkUeqMl.jpg

Some games for the 3DS:
OwZx3dJl.jpg

Some retro games (the first Zelda was the last Zelda game that I was missing excluding the CD-i games):
jL7Ky6ll.jpg

Some SNES repro games:
az9E6Lql.jpg

A few more games:
PR3qD47l.jpg
jeL9bXTl.jpg

And two demos that I wanted for some time (the DS Download Station #4 was the last one for my complete set of US Download Stations):
pMVsoHTl.jpg

And I also bought some amiibos:
NdtYOADl.jpg

Here are my pickups from the last couple months.

19417141058_d2fd705804_z.jpg

Lots of amiibos! I have the 3 Yarn Yoshis coming from Japan and hopefully Olimar, Dr. Mario & Bowser Jr. whenever Amazon.co.jp puts them up for sale/pre-order and I'll be safe for a couple months...

18984228073_8f8c7f8c4c_z.jpg

Not a whole lot of games and same can be said for the rest of the year.

And two demos that I wanted for some time (the DS Download Station #4 was the last one for my complete set of US Download Stations):
pMVsoHTl.jpg

I've always been interested in collecting demos and distribution carts, how much did the complete set of the DS Download Stations cost you?

Galdius

I've always been interested in collecting demos and distribution carts, how much did the complete set of the DS Download Stations cost you?

Volumes 1-119 excluding volume 4 were US$250.
But volume 4 was really hard to find and a few weeks ago when i finally found one the seller wanted US$110 for it. I really wanted to finish the set and so I decided to pay what he wanted.
The total for the set was US$360. Considering there are 19 carts, the average price for one cart is US$18.95, which isn't bad in my opinion.

Volumes 1-119 excluding volume 4 were US$250.
But volume 4 was really hard to find and a few weeks ago when i finally found one the seller wanted US$110 for it. I really wanted to finish the set and so I decided to pay what he wanted.
The total for the set was US$360. Considering there are 19 carts, the average price for one cart is US$18.95, which isn't bad in my opinion.

I was expecting something higher as the Pokémon event cartridges go for some insane prices. Glad to know it's somewhat affordable.

Galdius

I was expecting something higher as the Pokémon event cartridges go for some insane prices. Glad to know it's somewhat affordable.

It is affordable and it's also easy to find with some exceptions.
I bought some Pokémon distribution carts as well but they are really more expensive.
I payed around US$70 for each.
The 3DS has also a few very affordable NFRs if you are interested.
But every Nintendo console has some expensive NFRs. I payed US$180 for this Minish Cart demo cart that I posted below.

It is affordable and it's also easy to find with some exceptions.
I bought some Pokémon distribution carts as well but they are really more expensive.
I payed around US$70 for each.
The 3DS has also a few very affordable NFRs if you are interested.
But every Nintendo console has some expensive NFRs. I payed US$180 for this Minish Cart demo cart that I posted below.

Damn, that's pricy.

I only have 1 NFR cartridge and that's Mario Tennis: Power Tour. It's the full game so I'm assuming it was bundled with a system or something but I can't find anything on it actually.

http://i.imgur.com/7u4cRIy.jpg[img]

Got a new vita slim, destroys the fat model in almost every way. The only game I have truly noticed a downgrade in is P4G. The UI definitely takes a hit.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Might have to try my copy of P4G once I can tear myself away from P4DAN. So far the UI of DAN, as well as visuals, on my Slim are just as colorful compared to my OLED.

But that's interesting to hear otherwise so thanks.

Went to car boot for the first time in years, these two were £2.50 together!
IMG_0808_zpshgfltgny.jpg

I ALSO GOT A WHOLE CAN OF PUMPKIN! Gunna make some sweet, sweet pumpkin pie (Sorry, it's hard to get over here!)

Wemt to SDCC this year and bought splurged, which is rare (and nice).

My personal highlight was meeting Sean Kittleson, writer from the MKX comic. He tells me that I'm actually the very first person he has signed anything for. Had a nice chat with the guy, very down to earth. I think he enjoyed the moment just as much as I did, which was awesome.

I also met Neil Druckman, who was nice as always. I took out my TLOU movie poster and asked him how the movie was coming along. He stopped signing, looked me straight in the eyes and says "you know, it's probably not happening." So I guess that's basically a confirmation that the movie is dead :(

The last signing is from Charles Martinet, the voice actor for Mario. Very nice man, clearly young spirited. Super Mario 64 was the first Mario game I remember playing, so this was pretty sweet.

I went to a taping of Conan and also got this sweet Funko. And let me just say, being a member of a live audience is tiring as fuck.

The coolest thing purchased was two copies of the Battletoads 30th Anniversary Soundtrack on 180 gram Vinyl. Only 300 of these versions. Plus the artwork is by Nick Gazin, same artist behind the run the jewels covers.

And while not as exclusive, I got an Akuma clear balltop and SFV tshirt at the capcom booth

Got a sweet Dark Souls 3 poster, 6 Batman TPs and HCs for about 60% off, and the final cherry on top, I came home to my new ATH-M50x headphones. One hell of a week.

Auctopus

I also met Neil Druckman, who was nice as always. I took out my TLOU movie poster and asked him how the movie was coming along. He stopped signing, looked me straight in the eyes and says "you know, it's probably not happening." So I guess that's basically a confirmation that the movie is dead :(

Hooray. I hope Neil's not too down about it but I think it's for the best. Arya Stark playing Ellie was probably the worst casting idea I'd heard in a while.

ike_

For this month so far I've got 3 pretty adorable t-shirts, 3 sets of pins, and the physical copy of a game surprisingly absent from my PS2 library (that even more surprising still has Amazon Prime vendors selling).

HVbE2kS.jpg

Sadly there are still other Amazon orders in transit. I guess I post those later.

SexyFish

Banned
City-wide yard sale and I found some really affordable blu-rays. Pretty surprised to find Cowboy Bebop in the middle of buttfuck Tennessee but I'm definitely not complaining.

Previously went through 999 on iOS to prepare for Virtue's Last Reward since I didn't have a DS at the time. Finally finished VLR and definitely still have a puzzle itch so I decided to grab 999 off Amazon.

Was planning to pick up Steins;Gate when it launched in the U.S. but I noticed I could import it off Amazon with no price increase(It's 49.99 now though, sadly.)

Got Catherine and Nier pre-owned at GameStop, both with manuals and no noticeable use on the discs.

Thats the desk I'm looking into buying! how is it?

It looks great and is pretty sturdy. Each end was a bit shorter than I expected so I can't set up my speakers how I wanted, but it's still more room than my old desk. Keyboard tray is nice and not flimsy at all.

For this month so far I've got 3 pretty adorable t-shirts, 3 sets of pins, and the physical copy of a game surprisingly absent from my PS2 library (that even more surprising still has Amazon Prime vendors selling).

HVbE2kS.jpg

Sadly there are still other Amazon orders in transit. I guess I post those later.

I love that Link/Zelda shirt...where'd you get that!? :)

illusionary

Also got the Witcher limited edition guide, not even opened it yet.

MoBHNgE.jpg

I'd be interested in any thoughts on the guide when you do get around to opening it... I'm vaguely tempted if I can find one for a decent price. I need to get around to starting the game some time soon (Arkham Knight keeping me a little busy at the moment).

For my part, this'll be my biggest contribution to the thread so far:

wFx7Tem.jpg

It's a similar spec to the car that it replaces, but I'm still very happy!

finalflame

I'd be interested for any thoughts on the guide when you do get around to opening it... I'm vaguely tempted if I can find one for a decent price. I need to get around to starting the game some time soon (Arkham Knight keeping me a little busy at the moment).

For my part, this'll be my biggest contribution to the thread so far:

wFx7Tem.jpg

It's a similar spec to the car that it replaces, but I'm still very happy!

Nice pick up! I guess Mini is now joining in on the bandwagon of cars trying to imitate Porsche design :p

Nice pick up! I guess Mini is now joining in on the bandwagon of cars trying to imitate Porsche design :p

Beautiful car. I'd love one. Excellent pick up!!!

The grill is very much like that of an Aston Martin...and thats a GOOD thing. Don't get me wrong it's still a classic Mini grill.

illusionary

Beautiful car. I'd love one. Excellent pick up!!!

The grill is very much like that of an Aston Martin...and thats a GOOD thing. Don't get me wrong it's still a classic Mini grill.
Thanks guys. Yeah, I've always been a fan of the Mini's design, and the new model all the more so. I've not had the chance to take it out for a first drive yet, so have that to look forward to tomorrow. I'm hoping that I get decent weather for that - it's not been at all good today!

So, GS has a 50% bonus this week where you could actually make money. With those ill-gotten gains, I picked up a new 3.5mm controller. Think I liked the dongle better. And another couple things for myself.

19502704988_fa3e091fe9_z.jpg

Also, Christmas presents for the kids arrived.

19683616072_366a60932b_z.jpg

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
qUFku82.jpg

None of these are July purchases but I'd figure I'd share anyway.

Funny thing is, I NEVER intended to collect these, it just sort of happened:

- Got the OoT 3DS as a early Christmas gift from my girlfriend.

- Randomly walked into a Gamestop to ask about a DS Lite to replace the old one I dropped and damaged and the guy shows me the Zelda one so I say "why not" and buy it.

- Wanted to upgrade to a 3DSXL so I hopped onto Craigslist, lo and behold some guy was selling a sealed ALbW Bundle near me at a pretty good price. Bought.

- Sold my original launch Wii U to a family member and a few months later just when I was contemplating getting a new one, the Wind Waker bundle comes out right around the time my income tax money came in. Bought.

- After the New 3DSXL Majora's Mask sold out fiasco, I figured I was shit outta luck. Walked into GameStop the day they had a restock and dude was unboxing them as I approached the counter. Had like 3 total so I buy one.

Andthereitis.gif

Top Bottom