• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Emily Chu

Banned
0Nu3L.jpg

"Although every cell of the body requires lecithin, in men, the brain and sexual system compete for this chemical, creating a see-saw effect when one is over-used. For example, overuse of the sexual system depletes brain lecithin resulting in reduced motivation, creativity, decision making capacity and ability to concentrate. In the reverse, overuse of the brain depletes lecithin of the sexual system"

I'm feeling more balanced now

thanks to 4ch

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
Nice to see you back, Yes Boss!

Not back, yet :-(

The site finally loads on my pokey internet connection!

Should be in San Francisco in the next couple of months so I'm buying lots of cool PS3 games to bring back here for the cold winter. Otherwise just playing a lot of 3DS games. Definitely going to buy some of those new sticks.

Square Triangle...yes. Still in afghanistan, in the middle of nowhere. Stunningly beautiful in the mountains here.

Emily Chu said:
0Nu3L.jpg

"Although every cell of the body requires lecithin, in men, the brain and sexual system compete for this chemical, creating a see-saw effect when one is over-used. For example, overuse of the sexual system depletes brain lecithin resulting in reduced motivation, creativity, decision making capacity and ability to concentrate. In the reverse, overuse of the brain depletes lecithin of the sexual system"

thanks to 4ch

Wait, what?

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Hey guys, check this out. Sealed Mass Effect CE for the X360, pretty rare around here. I'm gonna sell it for a ton of money when ME3 hits the shelves.

gGkQA.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't expect much of that stick, ChryZ... I've been using it for 1 year now and it's a pain in the ass :(

ChryZ

Yoshichan said:
Don't expect much of that stick, ChryZ... I've been using it for 1 year now and it's a pain in the ass :(
No worries, it was inexpensive. Seems pretty easy to mod, the case and its weight is perfect for me.

ChryZ said:
No worries, it was inexpensive. Seems pretty easy to mod, the case and its weight is perfect for me.
It's kind of a pain to mod. The cheapy Hori clone buttons are soldered directly to the PCB.

I modded an FS EX2 (which had a similar setup) a few years ago, but these modern sticks with their quick disconnects have spoiled me and I never want to go back to that.

LiK

SuperÑ said:
Hey guys, check this out. Sealed Mass Effect CE for the X360, pretty rare around here. I'm gonna sell it for a ton of money when ME3 hits the shelves.

gGkQA.jpg

good find. it's already selling loads right now.

Sofo

Yoshichan said:
Excuse me, in what sense? I've been wanting to get one but I lack the money to splurge in a "good" one, so I've looked into some and this one was one of them. Does it somehow feel wrong when using it?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sofo said:
Excuse me, in what sense? I've been wanting to get one but I lack the money to splurge in a "good" one, so I've looked into some and this one was one of them. Does it somehow feel wrong when using it?
Yeah, here's my problems with it:

1. Buttons aren't very good. They're "squishi" and doesn't make that satisfying "click"-noice when you press them. Plinking on it is a nightmare.

2. The actual joystick isn't perfect. It doesn't give the amount of feedback you'd want when you're rotating around the 'edges'.

3. The weight is a problem too. I find myself having to adjust the stick on my lap because often (mostly during Marvel 2 and 3) the stick tends to move while in the heat of battle. It doesn't weigh anything at all and the material underneath isn't something that sticks on the table.

I did however win two (local) fighting tournaments with it. For some reason I got so used to it, I didn't wanna switch to Madcatz at that time.

Sofo

Yoshichan said:
Yeah, here's my problems with it:

1. Buttons aren't very good. They're "squishi" and doesn't make that satisfying "click"-noice when you press them. Plinking on it is a nightmare.

2. The actual joystick isn't perfect. It doesn't give the amount of feedback you'd want when you're rotating around the 'edges'.

3. The weight is a problem too. I find myself having to adjust the stick on my lap because often (mostly during Marvel 2 and 3) the stick tends to move while in the heat of battle. It doesn't weigh anything at all and the material underneath isn't something that sticks on the table.

I did however win two (local) fighting tournaments with it. For some reason I got so used to it, I didn't wanna switch to Madcatz at that time.
Wow, thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I can see how I could have some concerns with this. Thanks for taking the time. :)

Pale

ErnieMcCracken said:
I've had it on tap before (once at Dark Lord Day & also locally). It's good but probably not worth the insane hype that's associated with it. I should be getting another bottle on Friday. I'd trade it for one of those barrel-aged Hunahpu's though!
Would you say KBS is better?

Sagitario

Emily Chu said:
http://i.imgur.com/0Nu3L.jpg

thanks to 4ch

Seriously? >_>

Yoshichan

Sofo said:
Wow, thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I can see how I could have some concerns with this. Thanks for taking the time. :)
No problem man, hopefully that didn't completely erase your idea of buying it! I'm just simply comparing it to a MadCatz-stick (which costs more, obviously). So if you're not picky with sticks, go right ahead :D

guest1321

ReconYoda said:
Is Mass Effect CE really worth that much? I have had one sitting on my shelf since launch.
Assuming they are in good condition they go for 200 - 300 on ebay. I was looking at them a while back and that was the going rate so I imagine that might jump a bit when ME3 comes out and nostalgia is on the rise.

guest1321 said:
Assuming they are in good condition they go for 200 - 300 on ebay. I was looking at them a while back and that was the going rate so I imagine that might jump a bit when ME3 comes out and nostalgia is on the rise.
That's absolutely crazy. Not that I would sell mine.

Pale said:
Would you say KBS is better?
Hard to say it's better, just "different". The sweetness from the maple is subtle (at least it was on tap) but adds enough complexity to know it's not KBS. Hopefully they'll do Black Biscuit in bottles and it won't have the crazy hype (one can wish). For how much a bottle of CBS runs I'd rather buy a 4-pack of Bourbon County. I'll have a case+ when that comes out.

CaseyTappy said:
New month ...and another smelly old Arcade PCB !

The punisher .

DSCF4773.jpg

I needed some Brawler time after all those shmups .

Nice :D

AbsoluteZero said:
PKJb7.jpg

Picked up a Dualshock 3 last Thursday so I could run my PSP Go as a tiny Playstation and catch up on a console I've never owned.

I'm having a hard time finding an OFFICIAL TV-out cradle for mine, could you give me directions ? ^^ (I'm in france but I don't mind importing at all)

hayguyz

Banned
Emily Chu said:
http://i.imgur.com/0Nu3L.jpg

thanks to 4ch

That's called a placebo effect.

Sylver

Banned
Increasing the backlog:
S1eUh.jpg

Dead Space
Lost Planet
3D Dot Heroes
Devil May Cry 4
Dead Space 2 LE
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 2 CE
RE5 CE (This isn't a backlog I already have the regular and gold editions but just collector things...)
Bionic Commando
Lost Planet 2
Mirror's Edge

New Stuff
lakaC.jpg

Dark Souls + bag gift
GoW Origins + Keychain gift
ICO+SoC + Keychian gift
Bleach
Alien
Nightmare in elm street
Nightmare before Christmas 3D
The Beauty and The Beast 3D

Zwei

WEGGLES said:
Who took the picture? Michael J Fox?

too soon, dude

Emily Chu said:
0Nu3L.jpg

thanks to 4ch

I am intrigued by this. I shall do further research.

nilbog21

Banned
Emily Chu said:

thanks to 4ch

Lmao, is this even remotely true?

eXistor

6iqwed.jpg

I got Hunted for free for pre-ordering Rage. I originally ordered the PC version of Rage, but hearing the horror stories about hat version and the fact that it unlocks on steam in 2 days I decided to go for the 360 version, but I got to keep the PC version of Hunted (yay?)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lostconfused said:
Hey man that box is empty. Somebody went and sold you an empty box without a figure.
He's clocked up. He's vibrating in the box so fast that you can't see him a la Flash.

I have Pilotwings Resort with my launch Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS. Just waiting for Super Mario 3D Land & Mario Kart 7.
9mlBq.jpg

Repurchased a Nintendo Wii. Gave my original Wii to my little cousin with Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy a couple years ago.
OavQO.jpg

32GB iPod Touch 4G.
vl9va.jpg

kC7aR.jpg

Too afraid to take off the stickers on X-Men. Sticky residue sucks.
ICnkF.jpg

8f2nY.jpg

Finally gone wireless.
SrA4x.jpg

Bunch of PS3 games, 16GB SD Card and 2000 Nintendo Points Card.
Du8Zv.jpg

Bunch of Wii games.
3B08z.jpg

Love me some Naruto.
QIrT5.jpg

yEhJl.jpg

750GB Samsung HDD for my PS3.
fB073.jpg

omgkitty

AgentChris said:
I have Pilotwings Resort with my launch Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS. Just waiting for Super Mario 3D Land & Mario Kart 7.

Repurchased a Nintendo Wii. Gave my original Wii to my little cousin with Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy a couple years ago.

32GB iPod Touch 4G.

Too afraid to take off the stickers on X-Men. Sticky residue sucks.

Finally gone wireless.

Bunch of PS3 games, 16GB SD Card and 2000 Nintendo Points Card.

Bunch of Wii games.

Love me some Naruto.

750GB Samsung HDD for my PS3.

Um damn dude. You have spent a ton of money. Hope all of that was a little staggered over a few months and not just in the last week, cause that's crazy.

omgkitty said:
Um damn dude. You have spent a ton of money. Hope all of that was a little staggered over a few months and not just in the last week, cause that's crazy.
I haven't posted my personal pickups in a while; it actually goes back to August.

Top Bottom