• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

LiK

NintendoGal said:
KGM7S.jpg

holy fuck, want!

JDeluis

Extollere said:
674169-F716J0W.jpg

M-Audio AV40 speakers, on the far left and right. Picked up for $115 - not studio recording quality, but not bad at all for the price. Also, I got a BRS nendoroid the month before which you can see on the right as well.

It also appears that I have the same monitor as you Puck, if that's a 2509m. I'm not the biggest fan of HP products, but this monitor is fucking awesome. The colors are insane, and the response time for gaming is very very low. Fantastic monitor.

I have the same speakers. What are using to lift them up off the desk?

Hawthorns

I do apologise for such crap pictures.

First of all, I got my first smart phone. I'm in love with it <3
IMG_1380.jpg

Two childhood favourites came out on Bluray <3. Also picked up Woochi the Demon Slayer for £3 or £4.99, I forget. Awesome film though.
IMG_1377.jpg

Fifa 12 as standard. Loved the demo for El Shaddai, the art pretty much sold it for me.
IMG_1376.jpg

I'm sick of getting a shit ton of carrier bags from shops so I decided to get something a little more permanent, love this bag from 'Bag'n'Noun'.
IMG_1375.jpg

and finally, a lovely Herschel backpack for carrying uni stuff and every other daily necessity.
IMG_1371.jpg

Stubo

Musiol said:
My two pick-ups for this month. Maybe will get later some games ;)
319185_2515961741302_1320971339_3009646_1262940402_n.jpg
I played so much of this when I was younger, I have no idea how well it would hold up now! I think Amped 2 spoilt me beyond recovery :p

Awesome pick-up _dementia! Bloody Roar Primal Fury was an awesome game! Did you pick it up for the hype that fake announcement brought on? :/

anyway, Solatorobo is here!!!

294227_10150307685716646_685251645_8473965_1901638129_n.jpg

299138_10150307686241646_685251645_8473973_742660937_n.jpg

Nintendo DS game of the year contender?

Hawthorns said:
I do apologise for such crap pictures.

Two childhood favourites came out on Bluray <3. Also picked up Woochi the Demon Slayer for £3 or £4.99, I forget. Awesome film though.
IMG_1377.jpg

Wow. Hook is on Blu-ray? I'd buy that if they sold it in the U.S.

Few pick-ups - my wallet needs to brace for iPhone 4S impact coming in less than two weeks, since I'm planning on getting the 64gb one.

New shirt for fun:
P1010662.jpg

Lion King 3D:
P1010660.jpg

Reading material:
P1010661.jpg

...And one more thing:
P1010659.jpg

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Dark Souls GET!

I thought the cards were only for the mini guide since the OST and Artbook are actually real items, but you can download everything with them. And they put two cards in there too!

2vta59t.jpg

eXistor

Dark Souls time! Also Kirby finally dropped in the mail box. I seriously just turned off my DS ater finishing Aliens: Infestation (buy it!) and I heard the plop. Good timing I guess.

macrj9.jpg

sophora

plAlFl.jpg

Picked it up this morning while getting groceries, figure I'll play it either tonight after work or tomorrow morning.

Cystm

Kandrick said:
Dark Souls GET!

I thought the cards were only for the mini guide since the OST and Artbook are actually real items, but you can download everything with them. And they put two cards in there too!

Those Dark Souls Art books look great.

I finally gave up on trying to repair my NES console and got one of these Retro Bit NES systems. No serious complaints, besides possible color differences and issues with image scaling. It sorta looks like the picture is a bit larger and my television cuts of a little bit of the sides. I should test further, but too lazy.

CGUjo.jpg

Some stuff from September, but mostly October:

Amomo.jpg

Games! Already finished Space Marine and digging into Gears multiplayer. Deus Ex and Child of Eden just arrived.

nxnXN.jpg

Blus! Well, mostly. Somewhat addicted to new ThunderCats and wanted to see some of the original that I only vaguely remember from childhood.

SbM54.jpg

Reads! Psyched for Invincible Compendium. I've read the first two TPBs but wanted to own it for myself. Also got Gears: Coalition's End and Ready Player One (after seeing it in this thread) on Kindle. Ready Player One is my favourite book in years, so much geeky nostalgia!

nitric0

Been a Nintendo fanboy pre-Xbox and an Xbox fanboy since. Caved in and bought a PS3 and sold off the 360. XBL price hike, hard drive malfunctions and multiple RRODs is what tipped me over. :) Haven't played a single PS3 title, starting off with Uncharted 2 today :D
20111006141436910.jpg

UNCyrus

nitric0 said:
Been a Nintendo fanboy pre-Xbox and an Xbox fanboy since. Caved in and bought a PS3 and sold off the 360. XBL price hike, hard drive malfunctions and multiple RRODs is what tipped me over. :) Haven't played a single PS3 title, starting off with Uncharted 2 today :D
20111006141436910.jpg

Biggest change you'll have to get used to is using the R1/L1 as primary buttons instead of RT/LT

Glassboy

nitric0 said:
20111006141436910.jpg
Let everyone know what you think of uncharted 2. It's my favorite game this generation. You should really play the first one too! The second vastly improves upon the first in many ways, but the original has locations and character moments that need to be seen. Enjoy the ps3!

Glassboy said:
Let everyone know what you think of uncharted 2. It's my favorite game this generation. You should really play the first one too! The second vastly improves upon the first in many ways, but the original has locations and character moments that need to be seen. Enjoy the ps3!
The textures in Uncharted 1 still blow me away today.

bender

What time is it?
fyVDj.jpg

ICO/Wanderer Collectors Edition came in today! Might as well get caught up with my other recent purchases. I don't remember if I posted Xenoblade in last months thread.

Top Bottom