• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

sep0901.jpg

Some late birthday presents!

sep0902.jpg

First actual purchase for the month!

sling.jpg
New Slingbox solo.

So I can watch my DirecTV while away from home and on my iPod :D. Most importantly Sunday Ticket! Need to set up my old router as an access point because there's no wifi included so I'll have to wait a bit. Should have it set up before the NFL season kicks off. woot woot.

HUELEN10

Can't really take a picture of it without too much editing, but my Discover Card just arrived. I'm trying to build up good credit, but it is hard when you only have one card. I thought getting a second card with no annual fee and never using it could help me somewhat.

It's not like you can do much with a 500 USD credit limit on the Discover anyways. It's going in the freezer in a block of ice, just like my passport and my social security card.

Drame said:
Only the bundled game came with the new box art, if I'm right.

Yep, looks like the bundled game has the new art, while the regular retail version has the old PS3 design. I thought it might have reversible cover art, but the back side is of the Zeon squadron mobile suits.

HUELEN10 said:
Can't really take a picture of it without too much editing, but my Discover Card just arrived. I'm trying to build up good credit, but it is hard when you only have one card. I thought getting a second card with no annual fee and never using it could help me somewhat.

I think having a credit card and not using it does nothing for your credit. My credit is great with the use of just one card.

HUELEN10 said:

It's not like you can do much with a 500 USD credit limit on the Discover anyways. It's going in the freezer in a block of ice, just like my passport and my social security card.

you only have one card and you chose discover? like 50% of places dont even take discover still

HUELEN10

DoctorWho said:
I think having a credit card and not using it does nothing for your credit. My credit is great with the use of just one card.
Well the reason I got it is because I just got denied by Chase for a PlayStation card for not having enough cards. I have great credit too, but I fear it may be TOO good. I've never owed the card's bank a single cent because I treat it like cash.
littleorphanfunk said:
you only have one card and you chose discover? like 50% of places dont even take discover still
This is my 2nd card. The one I've had for a year so far is a Visa. Before that, I used nothing but Visa debit for everything.

Yes Boss!

DoctorWho said:

This. Though, ideally, better to have two and use them sparingly being sure to not exceed like 25% of the balance and just pay it off every month.

HUELEN10

Yes Boss! said:
This. Ideally have two and use them sparingly being sure to not exceed like 25% of the balance and just pay it off every month.
Hmm, this might be the problem. I pretty much max it out for my own convenience, yet I pay it off in full within the month so I don't owe them a cent. Might this have something to do with my situation?

I treat it as cash, but I do tend to max it out.

Yes Boss!

HUELEN10 said:
Hmm, this might be the problem. I pretty much max it out, yet I pay it off in full within the month so I don't owe them a cent. Might this have something to do with my situation?

Yeah, you don't want to max it out. Seriously, just stay at about 1/3 of the balance and your limit and rating will rise.

HUELEN10

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, you don't want to max it out. Seriously, just stay at about 1/3 off the balance and your limit and rating will rise.
Gotcha. From now on I will just use a third of my credit, pay it off in full like I always do, and simply use a check for everything else.

Yes Boss!

HUELEN10 said:
Gotcha. From now on I will just use a third of my credit, pay it off in full like I always do, and simply use a check for everything else.

This is good. When your limit rises in the coming year or two then your ratio will rise and you will have more money to play with month-to-month. Keep doing that and you should be good in two to three years.

Discover is a good one to have because you will get a small kick-back at the end of the year. Just use it for things like gas, phone bill, etc.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Intentor said:
dsc00946i.jpg

After taking Wii, I felt it was time to take Xbox 360 to play all the exclusives I've lost these years.

So... I took the Xbox 360 Brazilian Edition (Jasper 60Gb console, remote controller, HDMI cable and two games - Too Human and PGR4) with Halo 3 (in Brazilian Portuguese! Amazing!).

I also ordered Gears of War and Dead Rising (this one I'm very curious about! I almost bought the 360 a couple of years ago just because this game), which are on their way to my home.

Ok... now I have all the current generation family! :D

Great to read that! Now pick a character on Too Human and let's play the coop campaign - I gotta find the perfect excuse to start from scratch with another character class :)

DSCN2468-1.jpg

First pick-up post! I hope you like it because I've been waiting 24 hours to rip the packaging off and play them because I normally don't have a camera. Ordered them for $50 total, excluding shipping/handling, from an Amazon deal.

Intentor

Neo Member
Jiguryo said:
Great to read that! Now pick a character on Too Human and let's play the coop campaign - I gotta find the perfect excuse to start from scratch with another character class :)

Amazing, Mr. Jiguryo!

For sure we'll play!

OMG Aero

Metroid.jpg

After ordering Trilogy, I decided to track down a copy of Metroid II so I could finally say I've beaten all the Metroid games. It's a fun little game but the lack of a map is really annoying.

Jago

Neo Member
Some american candy and soda (I'm from Sweden)

Whatchamacallit the best candy name ever!
Finally found AriZona in my town. Good stuff

HUELEN10

Yes Boss! said:
This is good. When your limit rises in the coming year or two then your ratio will rise and you will have more money to play with month-to-month. Keep doing that and you should be good in two to three years.

Discover is a good one to have because you will get a small kick-back at the end of the year. Just use it for things like gas, phone bill, etc.
Got it! I just activated it, and they say I can choose a free card design to replace my generic card that came in. Seriously though, cashback sounds sweet, and the APR turned out to be identically to my current card, so I think I might end up switch to using the discover as my main. Anyone know if paypal takes it?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
HUELEN10 said:
I just activated it, and they say I can choose a free card design to replace my generic card that came in.
What are you gonna choose?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Aw, I thought you meant you could like make your own.
Anyway, go for the kitten.

muramasa.jpg

Picked up the Wii Game of the Year at GameStop

pompokoporcorosso.jpg

Then went to Best Buy in the same parking lot and bought Pom Poko & Porco Ross on DVD for $16.99 each. Normally they are $23.99...so I was saving 7 bucks on each =D

I ventured into the Blu Ray section now that I have a PS3...and was thinking about The Sky Crawlers, but then I saw the $30 price tag and changed my mind. >>;

Toy Soldier said:
First, I picked up a Driving Force GT and a Playseats Classic to complete the setup. It's my first wheel, and so far, so good.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/whatwouldmikelovedo/sep1.jpg[IMG]

After buying the wheel, I figured I'd buy the racing games that had been lingering in my queue, along with Metroid Prime Trilogy.

[IMG]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/whatwouldmikelovedo/sep2.jpg[IMG]

Next, I got some more decor for my den: instant class, maybe? Regardless, I bought some frames and had posters made. Magnifique.

[IMG]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/whatwouldmikelovedo/sep3.jpg[IMG]

The latest issue of Heavy Metal showed up, and the new Miley Cyrus CD was released this week, neither of which disappoint. I also picked up some of my old favorite games and my first WaveBird controller. Why am I so LTTP on the WaveBird? Amazing gamepad, I'm full-on back into Brawl because of it.

[IMG]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/whatwouldmikelovedo/sep4.jpg[IMG]

Finally, I saw the legendary Miss Britney Spears' concert in Atlanta last night, which was downright incredible. No concert I see will ever match up, 'til the next Queen B show hopefully. I ended up with a nice, albeit expensive, pile of keepsakes to keep the night alive.

Two t-shirts, three hats, a flashing lit lanyard, two cups, a bear, a few bracelets, a tote bag, a reusable paper bag, a patch, and commemorative playing cards. Some of the post-show confetti also made the trip. I instantly regretted not buying more, but the crowds at the merch stands were HUGE...there wasn't much time to browse.

[IMG]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/whatwouldmikelovedo/sep5.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Can I be your friend?

Wow!

I am really envy Yes Boss recent pick-ups. Not only he is getting into Cave PCB but bought an incredibly Saturn lot. I am resisting myshelf to get a Saturn. I have being thinking in getting one for a while, but I do not have the proper space to play it right now (maybe in 2-3 months). Besides I am married and I want a new PS3 slim this year, my "boss" will never allow this....

I see that you got some pricey games in that lot. May I ask how much for the whole bundle?

vocab said:
Damn, she really wants it. Look at her all wet, and she is soaking all over the place.
I'm gonna rub her nose in it because she's a BAD emotionless anime girl that otakus can force their fantasies on..

Yes Boss!

Chiaroscuro said:
I see that you got some pricey games in that lot. May I ask how much for the whole bundle?

$810 for the lot of nine games delivered...or about $90 a title. Radiant Silvergun skews the average a bit. Going by recent auctions that closed on the last two months I'd say you could get the lot for around $650 but I went with a Tokyo-based seller I've dealt with previously so knew everything would be mint with all those strips and registration cards. Saturn system was $290 delivered but I wanted new and unused (I can deal with used games if they come from a collector but used systems I find difficult to stomach). Used Japanese Saturns seem to go for about $50 to $80, I think.

Altogether not badly priced and about what I would have paid to import the titles back in the mid ninties anyways.

Yes Boss!

Breakfast So Cal style. I'm taking the year off from meat but this is the second exception I've made (September, ok, I'll probably eat a bit of meat over the holidays).

A straight-up Double Double, a Cheeseburger Animal Style, some fries. Clamato bud and Modelo in a can (the best, mind you) help wash it down.

Solid $10 spent, yo. Sometimes useful to take advantage of my location. 2500 Calories, GET!

P1020243.jpg

Negator

Brand new Sharp 40" 1080p TV, I can finally have nice things! Playing some FFX at the moment. Ignore the flash...
2w33pfr.jpg

And some game pick-ups.
eakqys.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
What does that Bud Clamato taste like?
I've always been incredibly scared of it.

Yes Boss!

Jtwo said:
What does that Bud Clamato taste like?
I've always been incredibly scared of it.

Well,

Do the full, as opposed to the light...and make sure it is the second or third beer you drink. If you are sober and down it, it is fucking TERRIBLE. After a few drinks it is heavenly. I work at a C-Store and this one sells incredibly well amongst our hispanic customers...good enough for me! And let it warm up a bit...chilled out of the fridge it is brutal...think of it as a nice trappist Belgian Ale and treat it similarly.

I've been on a bit of a Megaman binge this month to complete my PAL collection:

GamecubeMM.jpg

NTSC Version of Network Transmission and PAL Megaman X Command Mission for the Gamecube

PALMHX.jpg

X4PC.jpg

PALX2.jpg

PALX3.jpg

X2 and X3 were the hardest to track down complete. X3 itself cost me a small fortune to get but was well worth it :D

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yes Boss! said:
Well,

Do the full, as opposed to the light...and make sure it is the second or third beer you drink. If you are sober and down it, it is fucking TERRIBLE. After a few drinks it is heavenly. I work at a C-Store and this one sells incredibly well amongst our hispanic customers...good enough for me! And let it warm up a bit...chilled out of the fridge it is brutal...think of it as a nice trappist Belgian Ale and treat it similarly.
Hmm....
there is just something about the juxtaposition with In'n Out that makes it look appealing.

Top Bottom