• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

It appears to be worse on my system - shadows never used to work - it looked fine but a bit flat, but now they're in, but they're not showing up in stereo 3D - it's like they're on a separate 2D plane. It's a causing a load of weird dithering in the distance too. And now the exposure is all wrong (similar to AC's problem).

Hrmmmm, well that's a drag. They've got a good VR thread over there. I'll poke around.

Iirc, AC's exposure issues are fixed by manually setting the exposure after disabling auto-exposure. Perhaps there's some ini tinkering that can be done in pCARS too. Moar poking :)

Kysen

Is the sakkito track just a play on words of the Japanese word for circuit? サーキット

Methos#1975

Anyone know about what settings the console versions are using in regards to the PC version. Trrying to get it running at 60FPS on my Alienware Alpha, and like a baseline to start at

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I wasn't aware W10 preview actually had any effect on its own for game performance. :/

WTF so he get approx 20fps more on windows 10 over win 8.1!!!??

Hmm, that's interesting, because I also run the game on W10 and the performance of my 780 is quite a bit above of what I expected based on previous reports. And it just took the recommended settings from Geforce experience and made some things a little better. Unfortunately I don't have time until Monday evening to play around with this.

Hrmmmm, well that's a drag. They've got a good VR thread over there. I'll poke around.

Iirc, AC's exposure issues are fixed by manually setting the exposure after disabling auto-exposure. Perhaps there's some ini tinkering that can be done in pCARS too. Moar poking :)
I'm guess you're just supposed to disable shadows in PCARS... which makes me wonder why Krejlooc thinks it looks better than AC. I mean, it definitely does look better than AC when maxed out on a monitor, but not in VR, with the shadows in this state.

As for exposure, it looks ok when I whack the exposure compensation setting right down, but then all the external cameras (like the intro shots before each race) are very dark.

BNGames

maybe a benchmark with Bots next? I think the fps go down quite a bit when there are other drivers on the track.

what program is this on the top left corner?

Thats coming next, but I wanted it to be uninterrupted as I did views from different angles, start & stop etc. I don't think the FPS is going to drop that much tbh. I also didn't run my GPU overclocks either.

Edit: MSI Afterburner is app on the left.

MANGOD

Banned
Ask a stupid question bound to get a stupid answer. Start up the game only option available is to do a solo quick race weekend. Ive finished 1st in this and yet at the main title screen the only thing available to do is quick race weekend. WTF am i missing here?

moerser

is there, or will there be any chance to get the five cars from the limited edition if i have a standard retail version? did they say anything about those cars possibly coming as paid dlc?

Hedrush

You're probably mistaking how start works. You're penalised if you cross the line before the green light, not when you start moving. in road cars and lower GTs you better start accelerating well before the green light.

I didn't know that, Cheers for that info. And your correct, I was judging it from when I started moving. I hold the accelerator down until the green light, then I throw the car into first gear.

Ask a stupid question bound to get a stupid answer. Start up the game only option available is to do a solo quick race weekend. Ive finished 1st in this and yet at the main title screen the only thing available to do is quick race weekend. WTF am i missing here?

Is your game still installing/downloading?

PWPCyUR.jpg

lufIF68.jpg

vkoUQff.jpg

I'm so goddamn jealous of this setup. I want this so bad lol

Skyzard

Banned
Was wrong before, was doing it in warmup mode, the framerate drops quite low with large amounts of cars at the start of races (especially with night thunder) but it starts going back up as the cars spread out some.

Omega

Banned
No no i'm not looking for ultra settings, just less fluctuations in the framerate, my GTAV experience on PC was quite disappointing (most graphical options are on low or off, and I still get dips under 60fps), I just don't want that again.

There's something else wrong with your PC then.

I have everything on high/very high, advanced graphics options turned all the way up and I rarely ever drop below 60 on 970. Only time it goes lower is outside of the city, too much foliage to render out there I guess.

Linius

Just started this on PS4 and did some laps. Enjoying it so far. Just wondering, how soon do you guys figure we'll see DLC packs for cars? I'm really longing for a GTR
D5Jy4CR.png

Just had a quick go on the PC version with my Simraceway SRW-S1 wheel. My rig is respectable but not too awesome by the latest standards. i5 3450, 16GB RAM and an R9 290. Played Oulton Park in the Formula Rookie and got very playable fps with the game's defaults of mostly high settings at 1920x1200, even in a thunderstorm. Probably not 60fps but it was constant. Changed to a Ginetta Junior at Monaco in overcast conditions and the fps looked like they halved or worse. Not sure whether to find the worst performing track and adjust settings accordingly or lower the resolution and put up with non-native res. Might lower to 1080p and have some tiny black bars.

Anyway, the physics are spot on on the wheel. It's got that same tyre squidge feeling as Forza when you change direction. You can just feel the rubber between the car and the tarmac somehow.

Azzawon

Performance on ps4 is terrible. Frame drops and tearing, LOVELY

Just came here to post the same about XB1. Game is near damn unplayable. Sounds are mixing and glitching out too, constant frame stutters and speeding up/slowing down mid corner is a huge distraction. I swear the game spends more time at 20fps than it does at 60.

fresquito

I didn't know that, Cheers for that info. And your correct, I was judging it from when I started moving. I hold the accelerator down until the green light, then I throw the car into first gear.
You are better off clutching, 1st gear on, throttle to the metal. When the time comes, release clutch with care, each car needs a different approach. Remember to brake if you're down or uphill.

JP

It's hardly an important thing but does anybody know how to change your profile picture? It'd just getting annoying having the that blank image flashing on and off in the corner.

le-seb

The T3PA-PROs do look really good though, and the vertical pedal setup would work great I think.
They are great, although lacking some resistance for the clutch pedal.
Just in case it's your plan, be aware that this pedal set cannot be used in suspended mode with the WSP stand.

Dommel

Anyone feel the AI is a bit weird? I've left it at the default setting and with the Clio cup I can barely get myself in the top 10.

Yet in the first open wheel tier I leave the rest of the field behind by 4-5 seconds.

Karak

Just came here to post the same about XB1. Game is near damn unplayable. Sounds are mixing and glitching out too, constant frame stutters and speeding up/slowing down mid corner is a huge distraction. I swear the game spends more time at 20fps than it does at 60.

Ya the audio bugs are insane. I posted a video on my channel with an example or two. Now that the forum is opening for reporting bugs I got a couple dozen to post.

Anyone feel the AI is a bit weird? I've left it at the default setting and with the Clio cup I can barely get myself in the top 10.

Yet in the first open wheel tier I leave the rest of the field behind by 4-5 seconds.
Yep. The first thing I noticed is that the setting doesn't seem to be the same between race types. Super odd. Or it just needs some severe tweaking to get just right.

martynzs

Neo Member
Mine arrived today and just got an hour or in. So far I'm...underwhelmed of I'm honest.

The menus have a very unfinished/pc port feel about them (xb1) and the framerate is all over the place - I didn't expect a solid 60 but I'm sure it dips into single figures at some points!

I'll give it time though. Does anyone have any good settings for using game pad? I've ramped the steering deadZone right down but still feel it could be a little smoother?

kvk1

Really enjoying this game so far.

The Career mode is brilliantly hashed out.

It might be the best I've seen in a simulation title yet.

Edit: I'm on the PC, for what it's worth. No hardware/software problems to report.

I pre ordered the game yesterday from Best Buy so hearing this is a concern..do you think this will be fixed in a patch update? This is my first racing game I have bought for the PS4 so Im hoping this will be fixed

There are some massive bugs in it....one second you are about to hit a corner and the next the screen suddenly ghosts and you end up off track

There are a heap of sound bugs....and i suspect the penalty system is broken in some areas

I also had a go of the xbone version...no graphics issues but the sound bugs are still there

Mascot

There are occasional frame drops and there is occasional tearing, but performance is far from terrible. For the vast majority of the time in normal play it is 60fps. It can struggle under unusual and extreme load, though.

Korezo

It's true the FB is low on pcars compared to Assetto. I just booted assetto to try it and I was able to drive faster and have better control of the car than I could in pcars. Its hard to have a feel for the car in pcars.

Wont' let me choose 60hz in the options, only 59. Was having this problem with GTAV also. I just reformatted my computer today with a nice new hard drive. Refresh rate is at 60 in the NVida control panel.

Anyone else having this problem or is something up with my system?

Such widely varying comments on performance of the PS4 version. Up to release the videos looked pretty good and I felt confident in buying day one, but now I see lots of both "It plays great! And "Terrible performance!". Now I'm unsure if it's safe to buy it next week. History tells me the negative comments are hyperbole or some isolated problem but I'm just not sure.

Dommel

I pre ordered the game yesterday from Best Buy so hearing this is a concern..do you think this will be fixed in a patch update? This is my first racing game I have bought for the PS4 so Im hoping this will be fixed

Gross exaggeration, I've been playing since Tuesday every night for at least 3+ hours and yes there are drops & tearing but nowhere near enough to spoil the fun (or be very distracting).

M.Steiner

Quick question - When you take a screenshot with photo mode, where are they stored? I can see them under the driver network highlights ingame but how do I go about uploading them?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I am not able to select steer movement on ps4 joypad, as in DC. Really we have 1 billion of options but we can only steer with keys or analog and not by pad movement?

For a second I thought you meant d-pad, but you mean sixaxis_ right?

LilJoka

Pcars has better graphics and content. Assetto corsa has better everything else.

Oh and ac has wheel ffb, Pcars doesn't.

Content wise, i see that only a few tracks are laser scanned on PCars but overall has a lot more tracks. On the car front i guess AC is moddable but not all mods come close to game dev quality.

Top Bottom