• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Korezo

Yeah, I can't play pcars. They need to fix ffb or does anyone have good settings for a G27? because I can't drive anything without spinning out or turn well because I feel nothing.

Newlove

Is there any way to change your name after you started a career? I had a quick look but couldn't find anything. I'd prefer Samuel over Sam.

kvk1

Are you guys giving the tires enough time to warm up? Or waiting for the track to rubber up?

I find that the FFB really firms up once everything is up to temperature.

Also, the fuel load has a huge impact on wheel weight for me in this game. More than any other racing game I've played.

Are we going to have a GAF league? Not really league because it's time consuming, but just a group of players so we can set up lobbies and race?

We should make one...

Skyzard

Banned
We could vote for a map, set a time, practice for a bit so it's not rubbish and maybe set the types of cars...

For the noobs like me anyway.

leng jai

The PC version seems to run worse if you drive badly. My 970 stutters pretty bad when I drive off track and then goes back to 60fps afterwards. The sound is pretty glitchy also.

The PC version seems to run worse if you drive badly. My 970 stutters pretty bad when I drive off track and then goes back to 60fps afterwards. The sound is pretty glitchy also.

Might be because of the particle effects, what setting are you running the game at? I have the particles set to medium and get no FPS drops on my 770 that I'm aware of.

chris121580

I just experienced the future of racing games. Oculus Rift DK2 driving a Formula A car on California Highway Stage 2 in the middle of a thunderstorm. That alone was worth the price of admission for both the Rift and the game

ascully

Wont' let me choose 60hz in the options, only 59. Was having this problem with GTAV also. I just reformatted my computer today with a nice new hard drive. Refresh rate is at 60 in the NVida control panel.

Anyone else having this problem or is something up with my system?

I also have that not sure its actually an issue as it does not effect anything

Lurch666

Am I the only one who cannot get the FPS to display?
I've tried ctrl+s and ctrl+k (with the lap data on) and neither of them seem to show any sort of FPS counter.

Mohonky

Today I discovered that I can't play this game on a controller. I really need to buy a wheel for PC.

The game is definitely geared toward a wheel. I put sensitivity down to 25. Its very easy to over correct when the cars rear end comes out, or its also really hard to just stop the rear end from completely going out and spinning. I have only done 4 races to check out the handling in freeplay mode but I definitely got the impression the game really wants a steering wheel.

No room for one though so controller it is, just got to be more careful on inputs really.

It won't let me add the code here when I try to purchase it, odd :(

It's still listed under GMG's VIP deals (green VIP link at the top of the page)...you have to click that and put it in your cart from that page...it's $37.49 (just can't use vouchers with VIP pricing)

c0Zm1c

This is weird: the helmet, in helmet view, doesn't appear by default until I zoomed in with the bracket keys (at first I thought I didn't have a helmet cam!) If I zoom back out it disappears again. I have a 21:9 monitor, could it be that? Or is this the same for everyone?

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
This is weird: the helmet, in helmet view, doesn't appear by default until I zoomed in with the bracket keys (at first I thought I didn't have a helmet cam!) If I zoom back out it disappears again. I have a 21:9 monitor, could it be that? Or is this the same for everyone?

I think it is just you, the helmet is in my view at 1080p.

cackhyena

? That's strange. Haven't encountered that yet in all the races I've done.

Skyzard

Banned
How about 45 Minutes from now we can try:

track: Circuit de Spa
laps:3
vehicles...erm, anything over 200mph and in the 700horsepower range...?
weather: sunny
time: 8pm
warmup: 5mins

This is for PC btw.

SliChillax

What's the best xbox 360 controller setting? I can't seem to find a sweet spot because I'm too lazy to experiment. The fact that I have to return to the menu to change the settings is really annoying.

Tc91

Got that aswell on my 970, spun into the gravel and the game dropped to like 10fps sound was glitching like crazy then it picked back up.

Couldn't find anything online about it

This is for PC btw.

sounds good...I'm on a controller so I'll have to find a car that handles well

JamboGT

So, last night I had some issues with the controls to the point I thought they were bugged. Tonight I spent about three hours working on settings and now I think this game is fucking great!

Got a good setting for both controller and T500 and having a ball.

The default settings though.... Why???

leca

This ghosting issue on PS4 is unbearable. Not happy at all.

Even on the dev forum, people are attempting to tell us that it's a feature we should be praising them for? Bahahahahaha.

Hopefully we get a slider of some form to disable AA entirely and resolve this :).

nikos

So, last night I had some issues with the controls to the point I thought they were bugged. Tonight I spent about three hours working on settings and now I think this game is fucking great!

Got a good setting for both controller and T500 and having a ball.

The default settings though.... Why???

Care to share your controller settings? I did some experimenting as well but would love to try other setups. Also, what type of controller?

This ghosting issue on PS4 is unbearable. Not happy at all.

Even on the dev forum, people are attempting to tell us that it's a feature we should be praising them for? Bahahahahaha.

Hopefully we get a slider of some form to disable AA entirely and resolve this :).

This is my main concern about the PS4 version at the moment. When I enable blur on the PC version, I can't play the game. I have a feeling the PS4 version will be the same way.

Blizzard

Banned

This is for PC btw.
It's 9 p.m. EST right now for me, and I should be able to make it. This would be 9:35 p.m. EST if I'm doing my math right.

I'm a super noob with only a controller, but I'll try not to crash so I can putter along at the back. :p

Are you going to do a password room or something? Having a Steam chat room would seem nice so we don't take over the thread too much.

Skyzard

Banned
sounds good...I'm on a controller so I'll have to find a car that handles well

I'm using a controller too but looking at the create room thing, I think the way it works is we all race the same car?
Maybe...Audi R18 TDI?

So in 30minutes (ish, give or take 5 or 10 mins for people to join):

vehicle: Audi R18 TDI
laps: 3 4
time: 7pm (current date type, it's nicer than 8pm that I specified earlier)
warmup: 10mins

This is for PC btw.

It's 9 p.m. EST right now for me, and I should be able to make it. This would be 9:35 p.m. EST if I'm doing my math right.

I'm a super noob with only a controller, but I'll try not to crash so I can putter along at the back. :p

Are you going to do a password room or something? Having a Steam chat room would seem nice so we don't take over the thread too much.

Same haha. Steam chat room group perhaps would be a good if it doesn't have a lobby chat or something?

I figured I'd post the the server name here in email quotes like usual for this one.

JamboGT

Care to share your controller settings? I did some experimenting as well but would love to try other setups. Also, what type of controller?

This is my main concern about the PS4 version at the moment. When I enable blur on the PC version, I can't play the game. I have a feeling the PS4 version will be the same way.

Not at my desk atm but it was roughly dead zone for steering to zero, steering sensitivity to 25, speed sensitivity to 65 and the controller filter to 30. Will get a screenshot when I can. Ps4 btw.

Kama_1082

Banned

what settings are you running? I'm using the nvidia recommended settings on my 970 and im hovering over 80 fps at all times...although i'm running with 12 cars. How many are you running with?

leca

Blizzard

Banned
19:00 seems really close to dark for me on Spa with today's date, is that correct?

Is there anything else we need to set up, like fuel, disable time progression, etc.?

19:00 seems really close to dark for me on Spa with today's date, is that correct?

Is there anything else we need to set up, like fuel, disable time progression, etc.?

I'd assume he would set up all of that...we just show up and hopefully not crash into everyone..lol

Skyzard

Banned

It's kinda dark, but the headlights still don't come on, decent sundown.

Might not be the total best pick, I'll be around for more races tonight, we can play whatever.

Also you don't need to be in the same car, it can limit it to same class...but I've set it to same car for this anyway :p

It's kinda dark, but the headlights still don't come on, decent sundown.

Might not be the total best pick, I'll be around for more races tonight, we can play whatever.

Also you don't need to be in the same car, it can limit it to same class...but I've set it to same car for this anyway :p

nevermind

Blizzard

Banned
I just made a Project CARS unofficial GAF Steam group. If everyone quickly joins the group and jumps in chat, we can use that with the shift-tab overlay instead of having to alt-tab to the thread.

Quote for URL

Skyzard

Banned
I just made a Project CARS unofficial GAF Steam group. If everyone quickly joins the group and jumps in chat, we can use that with the shift-tab overlay instead of having to alt-tab to the thread.

Quote for URL

Done, although steam overlay doesn't work for me, probably third party stuff.

Join!

Quote for server and pass:

Blizzard

Banned
I had to manually reenable the Steam overlay since I had it turned off for CARS. I'm looking for the server, haven't found it yet.

Arondight

Can't seem to get the game running on my computer. There's an Unhandled exception error of some sort. Verified file integrity, did a restart on computer, tried running through exe, can't find solutions online as well.

Anyone else with the problem?

Blizzard

Banned
I keep refreshing, but I only see 16 multiplayer games, and none say "gaf" or "skyzard".

*edit* I had to click the filter sidebar thing, then exactly enter the name under "NAME". Partial matches do not find the server. Also, if you enter the wrong password, you get a somewhat confusing server full message.

Top Bottom