• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

mansoor1980

can we have a threesome for 30 percent exp boost?

m4wbsp8h1wlb1.jpg

DeaDPo0L84

Almost lvl 35, I have 6 guns nearly maxed out and I can just roll over pretty much anything. I've also only done maybe 10% of the story so I'm curious how easy the rest of the campaign will be now 🤔

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
So apparently the Shieldbreaker in New Atlantis is regarded as one of the better well balanced ships in the game, along with another one called Renegade. It's a big ship, holds 6 people but has really good stats.

I have yet to see that in any of the spaceship stores I've come across though.

I can recommend Shieldbreaker. It’s a good base to build upon and learn the mechanics.

Roberts

So apparently the Shieldbreaker in New Atlantis is regarded as one of the better well balanced ships in the game, along with another one called Renegade. It's a big ship, holds 6 people but has really good stats.

I have yet to see that in any of the spaceship stores I've come across though.

Any recommendations on the weapon loadout? Some of the dogfights give me trouble even with upgraded shields.

20 hours in and built my first outpost. Not because I really want to, I just need some desolate planet to store contraband until I can sell em. Now Im producing chlorine at a very slow rate haha. Glancing at the materials for outpost equipments, Aluminium is the most important resource that I dont have a lot of.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I’ve only played a few hours but I don’t get the complaints of the slow start?

Game feels amazing to me, way better than any of Bethesda’s previous titles. And I’m really hooked into the atmosphere, Bethesda really knows how to capture those feels in their games and they nailed it here.

Still a lot of stuff I need to learn before getting into a groove but this game seems superb to me.

Robb

Gold Member
I’m enjoying it so far but the game feels very uneven imo. They went way to hard on the menus. When you have to include “hold B to get all the way back to the actual game” it should tell you that you need to re-work your menu system.

Then there’s smaller things like non-important NPC’s being kind of eerie-looking in general.

There seem to be advanced physics yet everything somehow feels very static. For example I shot a medicine ball with a gun and it just reacted like anything else, no deflation or even a ‘pop’. It just got a black gunshot mark on it. Also noticed there were no reflections in the mirrors from what I can tell?

And then there’s stuff like finding pen cases etc. in a laboratory fridge.. Who puts pens in a fridge? Feels like they just generated the spawns with random stuff. It’s all very strange, but maybe it’s intentional?

Not a fan of being encumbered either. Would be nice if you could switch that off.

Pleasantly surprised by flight controls. Was expecting way more jankiness. You can have some fun with it.

Just 2 hrs in and holy shit it's full of mechanics I don't understand. Even simple lockpicking unable to do (novice level).

Seems to be a pretty complex title. Will need to spend a lot of time just learning the ropes.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
40 hours in. Just landed on the wild west planet. Still not done the second mission of the campaign, Sarah keeps telling me I should help people as long as it doesn't impede on my mission for constellation.

Who's constellation?

But I do want to get it on with Sarah...she likes so much of what I do but is just not making a move or giving me any signs that I can tap dat!

Sadge.

Will do some main quest today.

Ammogeddon

Has anyone encountered a bug with a mission called “security concerns”. I’ve got a red X in it but haven’t even attempted it? I picked it I’m up in an Industrial outpost on Jemison.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Mm, game definitely picks up after the intro sections.

Carry capacity is really annoying though given how much stuff there is to collect. At least you can store items in the shop and sell them directly.
I'm always forgetting that you can have your companions carry shit for you. I can't stop picking random items up, though. If you're compulsive it might be worth it to boost your Weight Lifting skill early on. I did it on Mars at the recommendation of adamsapple adamsapple . Unlock the base skill, then it pretty much involves a lot of sprinting. I stop to scan and mine while I regain some O2, then sprint in between POIs where you can gain some XP. Rinse and repeat.

Lately I've been on a statue/sculpture/decor binge. Some pretty eccentric items that I won't spoil for any fellow connoisseurs.🧐

PanzerCute

I want to jump by pressing A on Xbox but if I change the input it tells me there is a conflict with other ones.

Did someone do that and had any issue ? I just can't get past 35 years of jumping with A. I can't understand a game dev would change that rule.

First world problem, yes. I know.

Finished crimson fleet quest line tonight.

That quest line is an entire game story all on its own. The branching possibilities in here were extensive and numerous start to finish.

Is it safe to assume each planet with a main hub town like akila , Atlantis, Neon, etc will have 50+ hours worth of content easy for missions to do with meat on them ? I have yet to do anything but new Atlantis ones I picked up and main story. 50+ hours gone.

Todd’s vision is insane.

I’m terrified what this mother fucker is cooking for ES6….
I want to continue the quest but the pirate base level is 20 and its like 3 grav jumps away. Im only a level 9 shlub with a stim addiction.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Dunnas

I want to jump by pressing A on Xbox but if I change the input it tells me there is a conflict with other ones.

Did someone do that and had any issue ? I just can't get past 35 years of jumping with A. I can't understand a game dev would change that rule.

First world problem, yes. I know.
You can change jump to A (I have that and LB for interacting, looting - took a while before I stopped jumping when trying to loot - and Y for scanner). The conflict is for the Starmap "open resource view". Go and Map that to right stick and you should be good to go.

I got those details from here https://www.pcinvasion.com/best-controller-and-aim-settings-for-starfield/

That said, if you don't go with those exact buttons there could be other conflicts introduced.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

You can change jump to A (I have that and LB for interacting, looting - took a while before I stopped jumping when trying to loot - and Y for scanner). The conflict is for the Starmap "open resource view". Go and Map that to right stick and you should be good to go.

I got those details from here https://www.pcinvasion.com/best-controller-and-aim-settings-for-starfield/

That said, if you don't go with those exact buttons there could be other conflicts introduced.
Thank you a lot! Really helps.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The easiest way to quickly level up is to go to a distant high level solar system, find a planet with fauna and just kill everything that moves. You can get 100+ XP for a single kill. And because we're EXPLORER, killing counts as scanning... so yeah, we're doing science stuff with good old gun powder.
Why making the game even easier tho?

Being under-leveled is the only way to have a small semblance of challenge...

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Why making the game even easier tho?

Being under-leveled is the only way to have a small semblance of challenge...

I'm not under-leveled and I don't think I'll be again at any point in this game. But If I want that cool perk now and I'm missing few XP points, this is a very fast way of getting it.

Level balancing is my main problem with this game.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Greg, from kinda funny is blatantly leaning towards this game being a 5/5 for him and he admits the big faults. Blessings sounds like he's thinking he's insane lol

Starfield!

Top Bottom