• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

clarky

Gold Member
j978TMU.png

IuPirgJ.png

QDcZM1P.png

qp8AMN7.png

Beautiful game when it wants to be.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
U6Bi1wu.jpg

If you want to really cheese your way through it, make an L shaped ship! Enemies always aim for the geometric center so they'll always miss if you're facing them head on with a ship shaped like this.

Also highly recommend EMP weapons. They're short range but REALLY good at disabling enemy engines and all their other systems too. You can render enemies completely harmless then board their ship, or just blow them up while they sit there helpless.
That gives a new meaning to "enemies getting the L"...

Also
eeoxlIe.jpg

GymWolf

Gold Member
Can I get some views on what difficulty to play this on?

I find the majority of games to be very easy on normal these days.
Very hard, and it is still a cakewalk 90% of times except at the beginning in spaceship fights 3vs1.

Anything below that and you can basically let your dog play and just watch him.

Very hard is basically normal.

Last edited:
Have any of you guys run into these? They're basically Geico ships. Telling me my "ship warranty" is about to expire and offering me all of these different level "packages" of protection. Like what the fuck? No one ever told me about any ship warranties :pie_diana:

krshmsT.jpg

It's happened twice to me so far. The second time it started pestering me I said fuck it and opened fire. The whole thing just seemed so shady lol And sure enough the ship bailed. I havent had any authorities on my ass for opening fire and I havent run into the ship since. So good :pie_gsquint:
This is got to be the developers making fun of Star Citizen. That game sells you ships with warranties.

Danknugz

i keep getting sexually harassed by barrett for some reason. he keeps saying "i've got something for you!" in a tone similar to how you would say to a child when you have candy for them. so then i talk to him to try and get it, but he doesn't actually have anything, just starts talking creepy about his old boyfriend or something, i only get an instant dialogue option to "flirt" with him.

GymWolf

Gold Member
i keep getting sexually harassed by barrett for some reason. he keeps saying "i've got something for you!" in a tone similar to how you would say to a child when you have candy for them. so then i talk to him to try and get it, but he doesn't actually have anything, just starts talking creepy about his old boyfriend or something, i only get an instant dialogue option to "flirt" with him.
He usually gaves me a gift when he say that.

He didn't tried to flirt since i ditched his boring ass after the mission with him.

Last edited:

Montauk

Pump and dump.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't get why there is no option to just keep everything for yourself though..

I chose

- to tell the daughter the truth about Victus, she seemed to take it very well and kept it a secret from the cabinet too
- but blamed Orlais for the attacks and kept Victus's secret safe fro the cabinet
- for how to get rid of the terrormorphs, I used the mega fauna animals (forget the name), the microbes seem like they could be risky.

dorkimoe

Just starting and 30fps is just unacceptable to me. They had enough time from fallout 4 to this to be able to get 60fps…
Still can’t wait to get going though

proandrad

Played a little bit of the game last night. My initial thoughts are the controls and shooting feel really good so far, but the loading between space travel and landing on a planet is a let down. The game can look insane at times but the washed out colors ruin the presentation. Wish the game was 60fps on XSX but the 30 fps mode feels like some Nintendo witchcraft and actually feels smooth.

gow3isben

I’ve only played a few hours but I don’t get the complaints of the slow start?

Game feels amazing to me, way better than any of Bethesda’s previous titles. And I’m really hooked into the atmosphere, Bethesda really knows how to capture those feels in their games and they nailed it here.

Still a lot of stuff I need to learn before getting into a groove but this game seems superb to me.

I felt the same way about Cyperpunk and thought it was GOTY caliber in the beginning

Halfway through I stopped playing as gunplay was so boring

Hopefully that doesn’t happen here. The problem with these types of games is high risk of getting stale. Witcher was a rare exception.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

As the PC version shows its very CPU heavy.

A 1440p unlocked frame rate would be a god send for xbox VRR owners though don't understand why that's not an option at least.
I would be fine at 1080 just give me the 60fps!

Game crashed on first mission ;(

draliko

Played a little bit of the game last night. My initial thoughts are the controls and shooting feel really good so far, but the loading between space travel and landing on a planet is a let down. The game can look insane at times but the washed out colors ruin the presentation. Wish the game was 60fps on XSX but the 30 fps mode feels like some Nintendo witchcraft and actually feels smooth.
The first and only mod I used is custom luts on pc, the green tint is way too much.. oh sorry I lied , also fov adjust to not throw up yesterday breakfast

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Genius idea stealthing animals. Its quite a difficult perk to level up at the start.
I wasn’t even trying to game the system.

Where I did it (minor faction spoiler):
UC Vanguard mission where you have to track down a certain character and you find out they’re out hunting a Siren. On the way to the quest marker I spotted a couple sirens in the distance and tried to take them down at range, only to find out they have an absolute shitload of HP

Topher

Gold Member
Unless there is something this already and I missed it, one thing I would like to see in the future either in an update or a mod is the ability to create a ship building project. What I mean is something I can save and come back to later. It really sucks having to start and finish a ship build in one go and what if I don't have all the funds for what I want to do? I have to get the credits and then start over. Kind of limits your creativity, imo.

I chose

- to tell the daughter the truth about Victus, she seemed to take it very well and kept it a secret from the cabinet too
- but blamed Orlais for the attacks and kept Victus's secret safe fro the cabinet
- for how to get rid of the terrormorphs, I used the mega fauna animals (forget the name), the microbes seem like they could be risky.
OH. That quest, I got it confused with a different quest.
I thought you were talking about the UC vs Crimson Fleet double agent side quest. I ratted oit Victus, guy was a cunt

Last edited:

T-Cake

Where are you supposed to get digipicks from? I can't believe they have a main quest part that requires you to have them before you can proceed.

Topher

Gold Member
Where are you supposed to get digipicks from? I can't believe they have a main quest part that requires you to have them before you can proceed.

I’ve got dozens of them from just scavenging. Look around. There’s probably one in a container or on a shelf.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
They're sold in virtually every store. Dirt cheap. Also laying around in basically any outpost. Every single store I visit I just buy their whole inventory which is usually like 100 credits total.

When you're searching outposts, keep your scanner on. They're small and easy to miss in the dark without the blue outline.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Most shops should have at least a few. Jemison Mercantile should have some if your still in New Atlantis.

Last edited:
I decided to give the game a try. I knew this wasn't going to be a game for me from the start due to the lack of actual exploration, but I was curious.

I had glitches from the first minute. I was wondering why the lady in the elevator was talking to herself. Apparently, there is supposed to be another guy there with you. He didn't appear until we were already walking through the mine. The lady also teleported through the elevator door.

The graphics also look poor on anything lower than "high" settings. My PC was running at around 60fps on medium and 40fps on high in the outdoor areas.

Once I got into the gunfight with the pirates, that was enough for me. I didn't really enjoy starting this game by shooting other humans. It felt... wrong. It''s like... the future of humanity and we are still using pistols to shoot strangers?

Bonus rant: Why is my walking speed a run compared to everyone else?

I am officially going to fuck off. Enjoy the game, homies.

Last edited:
I decided to give the game a try. I knew this wasn't going to be a game for me from the start due to the lack of actual exploration, but I was curious.

I had glitches from the first minute. I was wondering why the lady in the elevator was talking to herself. Apparently, there is supposed to be another guy there with you. He didn't appear until we were already walking through the mine. The lady also teleported through the elevator door.

The graphics also look poor on anything lower than "high" settings. My PC was running at around 60fps on medium and 40fps on high in the outdoor areas.

Once I got into the gunfight with the pirates, that was enough for me. I didn't really enjoy starting this game by shooting other humans. It felt... wrong. It''s like... the future of humanity and we are still using pistols to shoot strangers?

Bonus rant: Why is my walking speed a run compared to everyone else?

I am officially going to fuck off. Enjoy the game, homies.
You sound like you are having a bad day. DM me, we can speak about your troubles. No need to take the easy way out friend. :p

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Another useful tip: when selecting an amount of something ie you want to send 10 rounds out of 2000 to a follower: instead of using the stick to select the amount, tap LB or RB (higher lower) to do it in larger increments.
A related tip: your follower doesn’t consume ammo, they just need to have a single round for whatever weapon they have equipped.

Same goes for grenades.

Freeman76

No, and it's the main thing I'd request they add some day is a large database for terminology, history, and scanned things. A pokedex.
Considering the massive development time this game seems a little sparse in some areas. No descriptions on weapons, no database, not much depth to the outposts or much reason to build them at all. Still enjoying it but expected something a lot more complex

Top Bottom