• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I cant stress enough how cool.and how essential the outpost stuff is if you want to capitalize on the space exploration fantasy. I have been low on Aluminum the whole game. Finally set up a full outpost and left this morning. Came back and its already at 80.

Infinite crafting and you can create supply paths linking it all together. Or just sell it all and get rich.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I cant stress enough how cool.and how essential the outpost stuff is if you want to capitalize on the space exploration fantasy. I have been low on Aluminum the whole game. Finally set up a full outpost and left this morning. Came back and its already at 80.

Infinite crafting and you can create supply paths linking it all together. Or just sell it all and get rich.
After I finish the Sam quest line, this will be my next project.
Didn't realize you could change their clothing. This will be useful for clothing mods from Nexus.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I never followed closely how Bethesda treats their game, but do they release patches which adds QoL, change system, fix major bugs or these changes are done only on a re-release of the game? I am also asking in the context that everybody keep saying that their older game (Skyrim, Fallout) are still buggy mess...
They completely rehauled the levelling system in Skyrim around the time of the first DLC’s coming out, so while it was still on the original PS3/360 consoles only. They switched quite a few things around in Fallout 4 perk chart too but it didn’t really need as many changes and it was more like a reorganizing effort for the most part, although they did rehaul a few useless perks (ie a perk so stupid nobody used them) to be a little less useless. And added a few more options on how to sort the inventory.

Edit: Guess I should add this as my now daily tip (and for me this was just like riding a bike after playing Fallout 4 again recently but it’s new to some people now); When in the inventory and in a category you can hit LS to sort that catagory by name, value or weight.

Can’t figure out why after you’ve sold all extra weapons and spacesuits and sent all resources to your ship, and your ‘misc’ is clear to the digipicks and you’re still nearing encumbered? Just select ‘all‘ and sort by weight. Easier than going through your whole Aid inventory and finding out you have Ship Parts that are in there at 10 mass each sitting in your pocket.

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member
Just got 3 months of Gamepass for $30. So stoked to fire this up later today...!!!

A lot here will disagree because the game is actually very good, but I still think this is the best/most econimical way to play it at the moment. There is no need to pay $70 for it really, plus you also get an enormous amount of other games for that $30. 3 months is plenty of time with the game if you play daily.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I can't believe I didn't know about this until now.

When using the laser cutter, use both LT and RT to make the laser intensity stronger, it helps mine things faster and damages enemies more at the expense of draining the batter quicker.

-

Topher Topher

Getting closer to 70 :p

vbWcASU.png

Last edited:

cireza

Finally got some .43 ULTRAMAG ammo for my gun (on another planet, Akila or something like that, in a city. All solved a current event with holdup in a bank, using Diplomacy, great touch to see specific events depending on your traits).

Honestly, quite surprised to have dropped a gun that hits at 100+ so soon in the game.

Went to the moon to explore and found an abandoned laboratory. Did all of the dungeon with my normal gun, and for the final, stronger enemy, took my big 100+ gun. Dropped all of his life bars in 3 bullets lol.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Although I am enjoying the game (8.5-9/10 for me so far), the one thing I would have liked is more in depth (or at least explained) lore. Mass Effect really did this well with the codex. They basically went over everything and really helped the world feel grounded and though out. Being the sci-fi nut I am, geeking out over the codex in ME1 was amazing.

I had to find out in a loading screen that grav drives are limited to 30 light year jumps. Why 30 light years? Fuck knows!

dorkimoe

I feel lost. The navigation in the menu on the map is bad and I have no idea how to upgrade anything. I have no idea what resources I need. I planted an aluminum harvester, how do I find it again? I left that planet and have no idea how to go back or where it was?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What an evening playing this. Had some edibles.....upgraded the frontier to a massive ship called Tsunade! Spent like 2 hours on just doing that. When I finally got it how I wanted and looked at her on the docking bay I had a massive grin.

Now I need to pump points into starship design lol

Then the edibles kicked in just as I did the mission to meet the ambassador of house Va'Ruun that was fucking awesome. Now it's midnight and I have to goto bed becuase I have shit to do tomorrow but I just want to pull an all nighter. Not done that for like 10 years....

I'm high but this is deffo becoming game of the year for me. Its such a weird game, becuase it's not perfect, It's literally a Bethesda game through and through, but those extra bits. The star ship designer, the characters, the side quests that are like full length quests.

It's crazy. I'm level 26 now and I look at it and think, I am going to get like new game 16 and max my character out to be full everything with like 1,000 hours aren't I?

I just hope the level scaling increases with new game plus or something.

I think it's easily the best and clearly biggest game they've ever made. Props.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

How do you find your outposts or harvester again once you leave?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
He looks like the dude who is gonna betray the group.

(I have no idea, this is not a spoiler)

It really reminds me of a character in anthem that does that...
lol I only played about 3 hours of Anthem but I definitely remember a white soy dude who meekly defers to a girlboss. You’re telling me that guy betrays you? I bet they did they to gain Feminist Frequency’s approval.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Macaron

Banned
Although I am enjoying the game (8.5-9/10 for me so far), the one thing I would have liked is more in depth (or at least explained) lore. Mass Effect really did this well with the codex. They basically went over everything and really helped the world feel grounded and though out. Being the sci-fi nut I am, geeking out over the codex in ME1 was amazing.

I had to find out in a loading screen that grav drives are limited to 30 light year jumps. Why 30 light years? Fuck knows!
Did you do the Vanguard orientation thing in New Atlantis? Gives you decent amount of lore and world building early on. But yeah level 14 rn and not too much since

EDIT well now that I think about it theres a lot of city lore when you find new ones and talk to ppl. Between that and the Vanguard orientation things are covered well so far

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Damn, UC Vanguard quest line was killer from start to finish. So many tough decisions to make

I kept Vae Victis’s existence a secret to the very end and pinned all the blame on the other dude. Vae Victis did nothing wrong, he made a tough decision and saved millions. I had like 20 opportunities to tell Hadrian and I lied or dodged it every time. Felt like a real asshole. Also chose to use the heat leach’s natural predator to combat them instead of engineering a virus. That seemed like a wise decision but multiple companions have berated me for my decision.

What a rollercoaster. Think I’ll do Ryujin next, I hear it was just as good.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Damn, UC Vanguard quest line was killer from start to finish. So many tough decisions to make

I kept Vae Victis’s existence a secret to the very end and pinned all the blame on the other dude. Vae Victis did nothing wrong, he made a tough decision and saved millions. I had like 20 opportunities to tell Hadrian and I lied or dodged it every time. Felt like a real asshole. Also chose to use the heat leach’s natural predator to combat them instead of engineering a virus. That seemed like a wise decision but multiple companions have berated me for my decision.

Yup, I'm on this at the minute and it's brilliant. Hoping the others are as good. Sarah is slowly falling for me too, so soon I'll be knocking space boots.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Yeah, it was a great quest-line and the final 2 missions have some real head-turning morale decisions.

I've started the Freestar Collective and their first 2 missions haven't been as good as UC but let's see.

I'm very eagerly looking forward to the Crimson Flee, as I've been hearing good things, but saving it for later when I have a better ship.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Had a bit more time before work to start a seemingly small side quest I literally just got after getting hailed while flying around in the ship. Turned into a decently large multi-part quest with some really fun shootouts. Had to leave after it went to part 2, but it was surprisingly good. Threw in a bit of history in the war as well.

kiphalfton

Last game I played (release order wise) from Bethesda was Fallout 3.

Apparently it was a slow decline from there, so may as well play this and work my way backwards to Fallout New Vegas.

clarky

Gold Member
I just realized I’m getting close to the end of the main quest. Pump the brakes.

Time to join a faction.
I *think* you can safely finish the main quest and decide to NG+ or stick with your current save and continue to play. At least that was my understanding. Don't think ill NG+ until I've really rinsed the main game.

clarky

Gold Member
Good to know. Thanks
Don't quote me on that though. lol.

Edit: Double checking to be sure it gives you the option to do the last mission and NG+ or not do the missson. Don't want to spoiler myself so that's all i know.

Even if you go past the point of no return you can just load an early save apparently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom