• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

clarky

Gold Member
Is Stealth the *only* way to do them or can you fight / talk your way across them too ?

I haven't put jack shit into stealth lol
I blagged my way through the whole quest line until the last mission, but ended up in a straight gun fight towards the end as I couldn't Sam Fisher my way out.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Here’s my alternate outfit for her 😜:

mNfnhFi.jpg
See this is a good advice, when i was trying on my chara what to buy for her i only looked the front.

Thanks assmaster.

(The front look horrid tho)

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I blagged my way through the whole quest line until the last mission, but ended up in a straight gun fight towards the end as I couldn't Sam Fisher my way out.

Ah, good to hear that there's options.

I read the post and thought it was going to be a stealth-or-mission-fail kind of scenario.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Sarah, his stupid accent and her flat ass are never gonna get close to my average sized artifact when andreja exist.

There is another hot chick in the game (i mean hot in bethesda creation engine terms), an asian chick with long black hairs that enter in the office of the scummy politician you meet in the collective star sidequest on neon.
She has a strange name, like an exotic food like chitpole or some shit.

DeaDPo0L84

Ah, good to hear that there's options.

I read the post and thought it was going to be a stealth-or-mission-fail kind of scenario.
Honestly you can kinda just blunt force your way through it. It's easily the least enjoyable quest line I have done so far, but I'm not big on stealth sections in any game. At worst you don't get as much money for each quest and get a few snide remarks thrown your way but that's it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not a fan of Andreja’s personality, went back to Sarah

Sam Coe is pretty good to keep in your active party as well.

Honestly you can kinda just blunt force your way through it. It's easily the least enjoyable quest line I have done so far, but I'm not big on stealth sections in any game. At worst you don't get as much money for each quest and get a few snide remarks thrown your way but that's it.

That's fine, I'm already rolling with a million+ credits and some really good weapons, my inclination is always to talk first shoot later, no stealth lol.

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Not a fan of Andreja’s personality, went back to Sarah
For me Andrja’s relationship has her doing the whole awkward outsider thing while trying to fit in with the group thing, with sort of a bit of cluelessness on social things as well as being nervous around others. She has a bit of a traumatic past and she doesn’t pass too much judgment on the players actions other than killing innocent people or being too lenient. She reminds me a lot of Tali from the Mass Effect series. It’s the character that can be pretty ruthless at times but at others you just want to give a hug.

Sarah‘s relationship on the other hand just seemed like it would be weird: She’s basically your boss which combined with her preferences of keeping a strict code of ethics just doesn’t jive...and she has a bit of a pole up her ass. 😅. While she’s not openly hostile, at times she can sound like my mother…

Last edited:

ungalo

All main companions like to lecture you for doing "bad" things. But Sarah is by far the worst in that aspect (i like the character though). I'd say Sam Coe is the most nuanced from what i have seen, he rarely hates what i'm doing.

SCB3

So deep into the Rjukin quests now and needed to head to Mars for one, so picked up a bunch of bounties, 2 completed literally as I stepped back on a planet which was weird, but a quick 8000 credits is nice, and then I have to 100% survey a planet, this fucking sucks, however I did find a random Cryo lab that was really deep and has some good stuff in there though, so swings and roundabouts I guess, gave up at 82/4% of the planet surveyed and got a new ship out of it, so back to upgrading to actually be effective at Space Combat

GymWolf

Gold Member
For me Andrja’s relationship has her doing the whole awkward outsider thing while trying to fit in with the group thing, with sort of a bit of cluelessness on social things as well as being nervous around others. She has a bit of a traumatic past and she doesn’t pass too much judgment on the players actions other than killing innocent people or being too lenient. She reminds me a lot of Tali from the Mass Effect series. It’s the character that can be pretty ruthless at times but at others you just want to give a hug.

Sarah‘s relationship on the other hand just seemed like it would be weird: She’s basically your boss which combined with her preferences of keeping a strict code of ethics just doesn’t jive...and she has a bit of a pole up her ass. 😅. While she’s not openly hostile, at times she can sound like my mother…
I kinda don't like this part of her chara, like the first time she said that i was ok, but we had 3 other interactions and she seems to only talk about how the others are cold and she doens't feel completely on the team...like she is kinda of a crybaby even if she had a difficult past, and she is very...awkward :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

If she continue like that i'm just gonna stick with vasco and the adoring fan, i already fucked up by not having vasco when i meet the weapon dealer with stiyx on neon, i bet he had something hilarious to say during that interaction.
(the whole interaction between them was gold, one of the few times i actually enjoyed the writing)

Last edited:

Jemm

Doing Ryujin quest, which allows different approaches for solving problems, reminded me a lot of Deus Ex. In both games you can talk, gun or stealth/hack your way to your goal.

Markio128

Gold Member
Just tried the game for the first time - probably an hour or so into it. I’m left shaking my head because you can tell that there is a great game here, but the constant loading and fiddly menu screens are killing it for me already.

I’ve just landed in New Atlantis and now I can’t seem to get rid of a prompt at the top of the screen telling me that I can fast travel directly from the missions menu. It also keeps changing my third-person perspective from far to close every time I come out of the menu, which is another small annoyance. I can’t seem to find an option to have the camera fixed.

ebevan91

Anyone know of a mod to keep companions from removing their space suits all the time?

Like I was on this one planet doing a rescue mission and once we went inside a building Sarah took her suit off even though most of the fighting was actually inside.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I kinda don't like this part of her chara, like the first time she said that i was ok, but we had 3 other interactions and she seems to only talk about how the others are cold and she doens't feel completely on the team...like she is kinda of a crybaby even if she had a difficult past, and she is very...awkward :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

If she continue like that i'm just gonna stick with vasco and the adoring fan, i already fucked up by not having vasco when i meet the weapon dealer with stiyx on neon, i bet he had something hilarious to say during that interaction.
(the whole interaction between them was gold, one of the few times i actually enjoyed the writing)
Very much like the Tali romance arc in Mass Effect which was probably the most endearing of the series, even above Liara despite not being an option in the first game.

At the same point picking the Flirt options with Sarah just felt weird… a bit like the romance of Liara in the first Mass Effect; it’s just straight business then: ‘oh you like me? I don’t know what to say to that, let me think.’…Like do you need a signed contract beforehand? It’s just too formal.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Why is ship building and combat in the game so overlycomplicated?

Man, i've been trying over the past 2 days to build a prooper ship just to finish a quest, i honestly give up.
Someone made an impressive Ebon Hawk and I plan on building it once I cap out on my "powers".

It's literally perfect.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Why is ship building and combat in the game so overlycomplicated?

Man, i've been trying over the past 2 days to build a prooper ship just to finish a quest, i honestly give up.

That's Samus.
Do the Freestar Ranger questline to the end.

Maybe it’s random but the ship I got from that has class A components that outclasses most class Cs. My reactor from that is a class A 29 power reactor, at level 25 the only buyable reactor that matches the 29 power is a class C reactor that takes up literally twice the space and takes a hull reduction to boot.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Maybe it’s random but the ship I got from that has class A components that outclasses most class Cs. My reactor from that is a class A 29 power reactor, at level 25 the only buyable reactor that matches the 29 power is a class C reactor that takes up literally twice the space and takes a hull reduction to boot.

I even used console commands to give me myself enough credits to fill my ship with weapons and still keeps getting destroyed. A class ships seem to be incredible weak if they are too big.

Gonna just upgrade the frontier and give it some new weaponries and more cargo space.

Bonus:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

It's a good general purpose ship.

The Star Guardian has spoiled me though. Hard to top the only ship that can cloak itself when it boosts removing enemy lock on as well as boast 1500 fuel to zip across the galaxy.

It's a great scouting ship while other ships have better builds for space battles or hauling cargo.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I even used console commands to give me myself enough credits to fill my ship with weapons and still keeps getting destroyed. A class ships seem to be incredible weak if they are too big.

Gonna just upgrade the frontier and give it some new weaponries and more cargo space.

Bonus:

Class A is normally the lowest of the low, but the component’s from the ship end of the Freestar Ranger questline at class A outpaces pretty much anything you have access to even with maxed piloting and ship design (at least to level 25) and choosing only class C.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Indoor graphics.10
Outdoor graphics.2
Depends on where you are and what time of day.

New Atlantis looks fucking horrible at times, the rest of the places I've been so far range from good to fantastic. Not sure what they where thinking there with the first big city you get to.

Edit: Lol nice timing on the post above to prove my point.

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Wait.....how do you change their outfits?
Talk to them to trade gear, give them the outfit you want them to wear, then go back to their inventory and tap Y on the outfit to get them to equip it (it will show you wearing it in the preview screen but they will be the one that wears it.).

Last edited:
Top Bottom