• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

Virex

Banned
Any way to make the controls feel better on Series X? It just feels too fast and I can't seems to tweak it so it feels good. Wtf is the controls so shit on Series X

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Any way to make the controls feel better on Series X? It just feels too fast and I can't seems to tweak it so it feels good. Wtf is the controls so shit on Series X

What do you mean fast?

You can tweak the sensitivity to your liking in the Controls options.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you hit start, then hit Y in the main menu it will go to: ’status’, then if you follow the list down to the bottom of the list to ‘crime’ you can see your largest bounty vs your lifetime bounty…granted mine doesn’t make any sense when you look at the numbers so it doesn’t surprise me it might be fucked:

0aiwp4V.jpg

My ‘total lifetime bounty’ is lower than my ‘largest’…
Times arrested: 1
Total Lifetime Bounty: 0
Largest Bounty: 0

🤷‍♂️

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Times arrested: 1
Total Lifetime Bounty: 0
Largest Bounty: 0

🤷‍♂️
As long as you made it out with them non-hostile it should be good.

I still have Neon security bitching about a non-existant bounty that they don’t do anything about other than remark on that I have one and that I should try to clear it….It’s like: I can’t clear a bounty I don’t officially have you dumb rent a cop.

Last edited:

TheZink

My companion “Andreja” is stuck in her space suit no matter where I am in the game. It’s super annoying. I’ve had many bugs. My beard completely changed for two hours then went back to normal. Infinite loads and I have to restart the game every time I come back to play. Load times are getting considerably longer and I only have around 5 saves. Also a couple hitches when autosaves are happening but not very often.

Besides this stuff I love the game.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Isa

SCB3

Doing Ryujin quest, which allows different approaches for solving problems, reminded me a lot of Deus Ex. In both games you can talk, gun or stealth/hack your way to your goal.
Very much a Deus Ex lite, how far have you gotten? It gets even better as you progress

reinking

Gold Member
Anyone using Theft somewhat reliably? I am not sure if it is worth leveling up. I really want to use it for pickpocketing things like keys... ..and guns. Not really to finance my shenanigans. I mean, it is aneasy level skill (unless it is like early levels where you get caught more times than not even when hidden) but since my reroll I am still low level and do not want to waste skill points.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Anyone using Theft somewhat reliably? I am not sure if it is worth leveling up. I really want to use it for pickpocketing things like keys... ..and guns. Not really to finance my shenanigans. I mean, it is aneasy level skill (unless it is like early levels where you get caught more times than not even when hidden) but since my reroll I am still low level and do not want to waste skill points.

You can’t use it reliably, it’s a dice roll.

Rob_27

Is it just me. I say land right next to where I want to be but get out and there is absolutely fuck all around and not where it thought I would be?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This game desperately needs a StreamDeck plugin

Roberts

Is it just me. I say land right next to where I want to be but get out and there is absolutely fuck all around and not where it thought I would be?

Don’t know how to explain it properly, but you have to make sure you click on a white diamond shaped icon that pops up at the point of interest. It turns yellow when you point at it.

Antwix

I love it and use it all the time. However I just have 1 point on it since you can just quick save scum until you succeed. If you don't mind that. Most items you can pickpocket are like 50-60% success rate so it's just a coin flip. I always debate about putting additional points into it but there's so many other skills I would rather level up. If you want guns and the person has it in their holster, I believe you need rank 4 to even get it. It'll just say 0% chance if you dont.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Played a bit more today and did the questline to retrieve the second Elder Scroll. I'm starting to understand the constant load screen complaints. Enemy AI is atrocious. Everything just feels so segmented and is somewhat reminiscent of the underground sections is F3. I was pleased to each planet having unique gravity, too bad it only effects your jumping. I do like the idea behind tasks giving to you to level up perks even if the execution feels a little flat. Loot variety continues to be interesting. I stooped when I picked up a snow globe on earth which is a nice juxtaposition to its' landscape.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Praise be to the ultimate mining ship that got me billions during the low temp diamond rush. :)
That pic is the Python which was mid range….hey maybe it made you made bunches off it, but even during the ‘high pressure diamond’ rush it was never the best in any repect…and was never a serious combat ship or stood a chance.

Last edited:

TrueGrime

That pic is the Python which was mid range….hey maybe it made you made bunches off it, but even during the ‘high pressure diamond’ rush it was never the best in any repect…and was never a serious combat ship or stood a chance.

Haha. Oh I know what ship it is alright. I started Elite during the Borann runs where it was easy to mine in the early hours without much fuss (and have close stations nearby) and having the NPC pirates scan you first before mining meant that they wouldn't bother you again for the entire instance. Beating NPC interdictions could be done with eyes closed and the submit tactic for human interdictions worked very well too. Back then, more people were mining than ganking and it was the most fun I've had in the Elite. I still have 10 billion in funds for a game I don't play anymore.

Last edited:
Wow, what the fuck is with this outpost system?

Its a HUGE downgrade from the settlements in Fallout 4. I was one of the people who loved the settlement system and had every single one decked out to the max.

The garbage outpost system in Starfield is a major disappointment and kills a ton of replayability for me.

Starfield needs some sort of ground transportation. Having to run for five minutes to get where you need to go is not cool.

This is their best implementation of a third person camera yet. But it still lacks shoulder swap.
Animations in zero G are very good. I had an epic gunfight in a space cassino in zero G. But it made me feel nauseous.

Regarding the main story:
these temples are all the same boring thing. Land on the planet, run for five minutes, find the door, chase the shiny thing, get the power. And most of these powers, if not all, are straight out of skyrim.

Ovech-King

Im only 10 hours in the but this simple liquor alchool retrival for lizzy in space showed me under 5 minutes how good this game is ;

Board the spaceship then start to get shot by the enemies… but then gravity starts to disappear on and off every 20 seconds or so so we gunfight as we bounce everywhere . But also the lack of gravity is also a way to reach some specific parts of the ship to finally get the liquor.

This is only one minor service mission in the first planetary system and it felt like a cool setpiece another game would be proud of . Cant wait to see when i get in another system, ive for sure seen nothing yet 👌

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
All main faction quests done. The ryujin one is the biggest flop. It’s very try hard corpo stuff and giga cliche. Clearly the B team cooked this one up.

I enjoyed the other ones immensely though.

Going to wrap up the main story tonight/tomorrow and call it good for playthrough one. Got other games to get back to lol.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This game is really testing my patience tonight…

I wanted to continue main story to do the quest Unity. Either bugged or it’s not telling me what I’m missing. The puzzle doesn’t activate when I touch the glyph. Some say you need to do more of vlads missions but he has no more for me to find.

People say go find more solar systems you haven’t explored. Did like 10 and he still isn’t giving me anything to do.

Now I have no way to finish the game.

Top Bottom