• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

No, thanks.

And by the way. Get a better gun. Then you won't even notice a bad AI because they will be dead before they can move.

p038LBX.png

jason10mm

Gold Member
Damn, I'm only level 6 or 7 but I went and got the Mantis ship but followed that up with "Failure to Communicate" so my noob ass is trapped lifting off a planet RIGHT INTO a three pirate scrum that is kicking my ass. Fortunately I had some extra skill points so I could get targeting (how was this gated behind a skill?) and ballistics but it's still not enough. Maybe I'm not targeting the right things on enemy ships to disable them quickly or I'm low on repair mats for my ship, but I'm getting smoked within seconds. I'm either gonna have to load an older save or figure out how to jump away before I get blown up. I can get 2, but there is a higher level one that's just brutal. Is there a way to circle strafe in a ship or something, flying right into them def isn't working and there is nothing around to use as a shield so they missile spam me. Are there countermeasures?

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
On Xbox, when I land on a planet to do a mission, I select my landing spot, leave the ship but somehow I didn't land where I needed to land and I have to select it from the map and land to the right location instead. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and is there a way to fix this?

Antwix

Damn, I'm only level 6 or 7 but I went and got the Mantis ship but followed that up with "Failure to Communicate" so my noob ass is trapped lifting off a planet RIGHT INTO a three pirate scrum that is kicking my ass. Fortunately I had some extra skill points so I could get targeting (how was this gated behind a skill?) and ballistics but it's still not enough. Maybe I'm not targeting the right things on enemy ships to disable them quickly or I'm low on repair mats for my ship, but I'm getting smoked within seconds. I'm either gonna have to load an older save or figure out how to jump away before I get blown up. I can get 2, but there is a higher level one that's just brutal. Is there a way to circle strafe in a ship or something, flying right into them def isn't working and there is nothing around to use as a shield so they missile spam me. Are there countermeasures?
I assume you have piloting lvl 1? Try to immediately boost and veer off in a diagonal and as you pass them, try to do a U-turn to get behind them. Then start blastin' and repeat. Hope that works for ya.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

I'm assuming you have your GRAV Drive at max and are jumping as soon as combat starts (if you are trying to fight another day). Like, you shouldn't be killed within the few seconds it takes to jump out of a system, no matter how strong the enemy is.

. . .and the ship combat is terrible at the early levels before you've actually tricked out a ship (the Razorleaf is a good ship to start investing in).

jason10mm

Gold Member
On Xbox, when I land on a planet to do a mission, I select my landing spot, leave the ship but somehow I didn't land where I needed to land and I have to select it from the map and land to the right location instead. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and is there a way to fix this?
This is happening to me a lot as well. I think I'm clicking on the blue marker OVER the actual target landing spot by mistake.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Sarah is such a terrible decision for an early companion. Actually, scratch that. She's just a terrible companion in general.

Sam is only bearable because of the voice actors role in Deus Ex.

Barret and Andreja aren't too bad. Haven't had any other companions other than Vasco, but so far very disappointing.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Sarah is such a terrible decision for an early companion. Actually, scratch that. She's just a terrible companion in general.
I'm about to get married to Sarah, I for some reason picked her mother in law to be at the ceremony. I might be able to go back to an older save.

Roberts

This is happening to me a lot as well. I think I'm clicking on the blue marker OVER the actual target landing spot by mistake.
Yeah, happened to me the first time as well. I think we did this mistake based on past experience playing other games where you would have to click on the blue marker.

clarky

Gold Member

Barret and Andreja aren't too bad. Haven't had any other companions other than Vasco, but so far very disappointing.

Easily the worst part of the game for me. If this was real life i wouldnt go anywhere near these cunts with a ten foot pole. Apart from the robot, he can stay.

Gambit2483

Let's be honest, No one "likes Sarah".

There are those that tolerate Sarah. And those that don't.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm assuming you have your GRAV Drive at max and are jumping as soon as combat starts (if you are trying to fight another day). Like, you shouldn't be killed within the few seconds it takes to jump out of a system, no matter how strong the enemy is.

. . .and the ship combat is terrible at the early levels before you've actually tricked out a ship (the Razorleaf is a good ship to start investing in).
Alas, they usually start shooting as soon as I load into the "in space" screen and can actually change the ship power (can this be done while on the ground?) but we'll see.

I assume you have piloting lvl 1? Try to immediately boost and veer off in a diagonal and as you pass them, try to do a U-turn to get behind them. Then start blastin' and repeat. Hope that works for ya.
I'll give this a try. It's mostly that there are three of them so one of them usually has a lock at all times while I'm trying to blast another one. I've never had a chance to play with the targeting either, is it any faster to shoot SHD versus just using lasers on their shields like normal? Is a GRAV hit an immediate kill? Or should I try to disable weapons just so they can't shoot back as much? What is the optimal use for missiles, after shields are down, only when locked, or just fire away?

Antwix

I like Sarah. :messenger_heart:

Alas, they usually start shooting as soon as I load into the "in space" screen and can actually change the ship power (can this be done while on the ground?) but we'll see.

I'll give this a try. It's mostly that there are three of them so one of them usually has a lock at all times while I'm trying to blast another one. I've never had a chance to play with the targeting either, is it any faster to shoot SHD versus just using lasers on their shields like normal? Is a GRAV hit an immediate kill? Or should I try to disable weapons just so they can't shoot back as much? What is the optimal use for missiles, after shields are down, only when locked, or just fire away?
It still mostly works for me when there are 3 ships. I just recently started using targeted systems and pretty much only on engines so I'm not sure what's the best to do in that regard. For missiles though, I think it performs equally vs shields and hull. I think I read that on a tooltip.

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
You really need to learn AutoCAD lol.
Could work though, just need to make it bigger to add the curves. Somebody did the Batwing with the both the central cockpit and the curved wings:

You just have to add to the curve of the front and ignore the back, as well as having it wrap to the back to the cockpit.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Sarah's dead in my game and I couldn't care if I tried. Like beige wallpaper.

Fess

So, I stumbled into a seemingly permanent bug that make it impossible to auto-track grav jumps, I have to search for the locations manually on the star map. I love it!

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
So, I stumbled into a seemingly permanent bug that make it impossible to auto-track grav jumps, I have to search for the locations manually on the star map. I love it!
I had a glitch for the last week that kept telling me to do the main LIST quest even though I finished it.

It just seemed to randomly stop after ‘rustling my jimmies’ for days straight and finsihing the Crimson Fleet quest line. But that whole time I couldn’t do anything but straight quest tracking because it would send me to the finished quest marker for the LIST quest otherwise.

But I’m just so accustomed and acclimatized to Bethesda games and their bugs, my initial reaction was: ‘this is one will sort itself out’...and sure enough that was it.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m still super duper early, despite spending 103 hours in Starfield.

F52oBwbbMAAPC6S

Is there a point where I can kick everyone out of my ship and I can do some fucked up piracy without having my companions judge me.

I’d like to murder 1000’s of people for their ships and money, behind all their backs.

Last edited:

Denton

How does level scaling work here?

I am level 7 and due to picking up some random contraband, got roped into the undercover Crimson questline. Now I am supposed to go to Kryx system, which on the map appears to be level 20?

Can I go there and get this annoying distraction of a questline done away with right away, or should I do other stuff first and get back to it and when am closer to level 20?

Can I go there and get this annoying distraction of a questline done away with right away, or should I do other stuff first and get back to it and when am closer to level 20?
depends on your skills/weapons I guess, though fighting animals is generally more difficult than humans.

Top Bottom