• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

M1987

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some speculation based on where I think the plot is going, after the "All that money can buy" mission revelations.'

The Starborn seem like they're alternate-reality, or alternate-universe versions of a group like Constellation who are coming to try and stop our Constellation from making their mistakes.

i knew it matthew perry GIF

More right than I could have predicted lol

GymWolf

Gold Member
I just used this one and it looks much better

Ok i have a technical question here, i have the previous natural luts installed, and this mod you posted can be installed with vortex (that i vastly prefer to use because i'm a fucking noob with modding), do you think that vortex is gonna overwrite the previous mod all by itself if i just install this new mod? or do you think it's gonna create a mess?

Last edited:

M1987

Ok i have a technical question here, i have the previous natural luts installed, and this mod you posted can be installed with vortex (that i vastly prefer to use because i'm a fucking noob with modding), do you think that vortex is gonna overwrite the previous mod all by itself if i just install this new mod? or do you think it's gonna create a mess?
I really don't know,I just put the mod in the Starfield folder,created a Starfield.ini file,then copied the archive bit into it from the installation guide.Can this Vortex app or whatever delete the natural luts mod? if not I would leave it just in case it messes something up

Last edited:

WoodyStare

Just finished the Freestar Collective side quests and I have to say they were mostly underwhelming and bland, but the reward at the end was worth it. Thankfully the whole thing didn’t take too long.

Yeah I saw the 'gunship' by chance yesterday on the starfield reddit, laughed my ass off.

One a side note, no matter what I do, I can't rename my ship for some reason.

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
If you change your home ship, does all the cargo get transferred to the new one or stay where it was?
Just got the ship you get from the Mantis quest and made it my home ship and all the stuff that was in my previous ship got transferred to my new home ship (was mainly resources items).

Last edited:

adamsapple

Not sure if this is a radiant event or part of Barret's companion quest but ..

he wants to gain powers like me. Fuck off Barret, I'm the hero.

Freeman76

142 quests completed
103 planets landed on
Not even close to finishing
Top 10 of all time
Jesus

Ive completed 65 quests and felt like i wasnt gonna find many more as it seemed i had scoured every inch of the 4 main towns. Unless that 142 includes activities? Ive done loads of them

Landed on 35 planets too....rookie numbers

Last edited:

Hambone

It's crazy how many landing gear you need to support this kind of ship... 12k cargo capacity...

diEJe3h.jpg

I like it man, nice one (y).

While I chuckle at meme ships and like some of the movie/television inspired ones, I really appreciate lore friendly originals. I recently got my class C "license" and about 300k creds saved up, so I just started creating a new ship. I only went 4k cargo and had the editor yelling at me ADD MORE LANDING GEAR.

Roufianos

FFS, honestly this game has more loading than the original Resident Evil. Constellation base can't even load the same time as the rest of the city? Really?

I've just played 30 mins and 15 of them have been in the menus or loading.

Jo guys, I kinda like the game but as a bit of natural completionist I find myself overwhelmed with the amount of trash tier quest. You know, go there, give that, come back. Seems like every single named person has quest like that to give.

Is there any way to reliably sort out the trash from the meaty stuff? Aside from the main quest I think I got one good quest from the minders on Cidonia so far that really went beyond the basics.

I mean, I don’t mind the occasional fetch quest but damn… it’s just too much here.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Jesus

Ive completed 65 quests and felt like i wasnt gonna find many more as it seemed i had scoured every inch of the 4 main towns. Unless that 142 includes activities? Ive done loads of them

Landed on 35 planets too....rookie numbers

JdaFHrR.gif

I’m only six main quests in too. Bouncing evenly between factions to see how they all respond to progress and doing regular sides. Shit is nuts man. Best game ever.

adamsapple

We Doom 2016!

Story mission: Entangled

The whole swapping into the alternate universes in real time is pretty cool, and it almost looks like an asset-swap from Doom 2016/Eternal. Nice.

Also, I laughed like a maniac when you have a swap right after meeting the director and can turn around back into her office and see her skeleton sitting on the same chair.

These last couple of story missions have been great, definitely some of Bethesda's best work as far as the central questline goes.

Topher

Gold Member
We Doom 2016!

Story mission: Entangled

The whole swapping into the alternate universes in real time is pretty cool, and it almost looks like an asset-swap from Doom 2016/Eternal. Nice.

Also, I laughed like a maniac when you have a swap right after meeting the director and can turn around back into her office and see her skeleton sitting on the same chair.

These last couple of story missions have been great, definitely some of Bethesda's best work as far as the central questline goes.

I really enjoyed Entangled. Some good sci-fi stuff right there.

manlisten

Yeah, that kind of sucks. You get the best selection overall at your own landing pad at an outpost, but still have to travel to get some other things. Wouldn't be as bad if you could save progress on an incomplete build.
Wait, so you have to finish your build at one shipyard, then go to another one to revise it with the parts you actually want? Then rinse and repeat until done? That’s silly.

Topher

Gold Member
Wait, so you have to finish your build at one shipyard, then go to another one to revise it with the parts you actually want? Then rinse and repeat until done? That’s silly.

If there are parts you want at multiple landing pads then yeah. Sucks you can't save your progress and not actually implement the build until you are ready. If you leave with applying your changes, you lose them. That aspect of ship building is not very well thought out.

Am I spreading my skill points too thin if I'm doing combat, and the fitness, and the lock pick, but I also want to do piloting and ship engineering and outposts and weapon mods. Will there be enough point to do all those things?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Im doing the Freestar collective now and I'm having a blast equipped an awesome AA44 rifle and im just mowing down fools! surprised the combat is this serviceable for a Bethesda game. Just stopped for the playstation showcase then its back to finishing the First off!

Last edited:
I really almost never care if people criticize a game, even fairly harshly which I can do sometimes. We saw some truly wild 4/10 reviews coming out and I barely said a word about it. I just don't go there for opinions on games because none of it matches my experience.

What I truly detest is people trying to control the boundaries of "acceptable opinion." The goal is to set the narrative, and if you deviate from that narrative, you are officially suspect, a troll, a shill, an alt, etc. Not content with hating the game themselves, they want everyone else to also hate the game. I'm not at all saying that's what happened here in this thread, just a general comment about when I find criticism annoying. I control what I think about a game, not anyone else.

I was on here when FFXIII came out. I can see the flaws in the level design and how it can be a brutal grind with no cities. Despite that I loved the game, the OST, the character designs, the phenomenal art design, the battle system, the lore of the world. I was subjected to absolutely incredible peer pressure to try and make me feel like a moron for liking it, and to try and get me to change my mind. It literally can't work on me. I just get home and turn the game on, get to the start screen, and if I'm excited to jump back in, I'm excited. I like talking about games and I get people can get rowdy sometimes, but there's a barrier for me that people cross when they try to literally force me to think something else.

TLDR: Don't tell me what I'm allowed to think. Simple.

It isn't even so much people trying to set a lane for me (because they couldn't anyway) that gets me. It's more when you have a select group of people that have decided to try and ruin the discussion itself. Especially on message boards like this one and things like that, where even with thousands and thousands of members you are mostly interacting with a much, much smaller subset of users. But, at the same time you've just got to carry on with conversation around that, otherwise they "win". LOL It is what it is.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Each skill point matters in a way that’s *similar* but not quite to old RPGs. I just fucking love the flow of it and the intelligence it requires for you to know who you want to be. Just perfect man.

eET1uf7.jpg

I think it might be time to do the main quest a bit lol..

Pretty funny to think I might've been gone for months if not years and Sarah is still there waiting for my answer if I'm ready to go or not.
So now I guess I have someone following me

sick love gun GIF by Tess

Though I do like how they have their skills as patches on their flight/space suits:
L0zntmX.jpg

Checked the random crew I hired and they have them too; neat.

So then I go to Venus, and now I realise I basically resumed the tutorial I abandoned 70 hours ago rofl; Sarah saying I should probably try and sneak the ship to the objective, because three on one battles are difficult....meanwhile I've been terrorising ever spacer and eclipse I've come across with my monster of a ship, though pretty cool you can reduce ship power to avoid detection, didn't actually know that haha.

ungalo

In my experience you reach the end of what the game has to offer in terms of quests pretty quickly for a Bethesda game. Like after level 40 there wasn't much to do, especially in the more distant systems that were all empty in space and without true new locations (except one that was very Fallout 4 and pretty cool).

But what's also frustrating is that when i did NG+ (just to see what it was, i didn't got far) i quickly noticed that there were new events and things i never encountered in space in the first playthrough. Not big things i think but still it means they didn't put all the content in one run. People could think it's cool but that felt pretty dumb when so many systems didn't have anything in them in the first place. And i have to restart without all my shit to see those things ?

Besides that, that was good. I'd say it was very addictive. I was addicted to ToTK too but for 50-60 hours then i just couldn't even play anymore, i didn't even finish it. Here i don't think i will play it as much as the previous Bethesda games (except F4 maybe) but still i played a lot in a very short time and that says something.

Although, when i ran out of meaningful content, i had some time to contemplate the flaws of this variation of the Bethesda formula.
I guess they were ready to accept huge drawbacks just to create an entire universe, this is what they wanted to do and what they were passionate about. I think it's what i will keep from the game, the worldbuilding and the themes Bethesda are so obsessed with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom