• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

Thinking about ship building. They should sell empty habs and let us build in it. Ships should be more like moving player bases.
Also, there's a huge lack of interaction with ship interiors.

Luipadre

So... i reached that part of the story with a big reveal

Fuck this multiverse bullshit. Its like everyone is running out of ideas and thats when they start introducing this shit. Movies, shows now games...sigh

My Andreja was glitched like this for several hours.
JdK6oSM.jpg

Has anyone got a solution to ECS Constant disappearing?

The activities tracker worked fine for it once but now it’s saying it’s back at Porrima when it isn’t.

Really annoying as I have 2 quests to hand in.
Are you using the fast travel hotkey from the quest log to go to it? If not that might help.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I just want more Varuun guns. I don't like using anything else other then a Magstorm but that eats ammo like a Pickup Truck that chugs gas.

I think Varuun Embassy namedropped a location on a computer terminal so either a Varuun city or planet.

Only real physical presence Varuun tend to have are in the Serpentis system for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
So... i reached that part of the story with a big reveal

Fuck this multiverse bullshit. Its like everyone is running out of ideas and thats when they start introducing this shit. Movies, shows now games...sigh
I actually liked it conceptually. I'm not done with the game but I thought it was fairly clever as far as how to deal with what they had introduced. Yeah it is somewhat predictable but I wasn't offended.

I just want more Varuun guns. I don't like using anything else other then a Magstorm but that eats ammo like a Pickup Truck that chugs gas.

I think Varuun Embassy namedropped a location on a computer terminal so either a Varuun city or planet.

Only real physical presence Varuun tend to have are in the Serpentis system for obvious reasons.
I was really hoping there would be quest line to open up to their culture/planet whatever.

Antwix

Just completed that Starseed/Crucible/Facility quest. That was fantastic haha. Didn't expect to see that cast of characters.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
The luxury liner ship mission for the Crimson Fleet is some peak Dark Brotherhood circa Oblivion shit.

This is fantastic stuff. Best mission(s) in the game so far.
Yeah I loved that part, but I actually liked the one in that line a little later on a bit better, but it’s a bit more action focused.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is there a standard weapon tier above “advanced”? Because the shock & awe campaign put on by a fully developed advanced coachman with hornet nest is truly something else.

rick grimes gun GIF

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I did a mission for Crimson Fleet where I maintained stealth the entire time. Never alerted anyone to my presence. The only thing I did was I shot 2 of those roomba thingies. I got bitched out for costing innocent lives and they told me they’d throw me in the brig if I fuck up again.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I did a mission for Crimson Fleet where I maintained stealth the entire time. Never alerted anyone to my presence. The only thing I did was I shot 2 of those roomba thingies. I got bitched out for costing innocent lives and they told me they’d throw me in the brig if I fuck up again.

The machines have feelings too :(

I've done 3 (4?) missions for the Fleet so far, the last one was about a prototype ship. They seem to be pretty OK with me so far, haven't raised any alarms or killed anyone. Persuasion checks go a long way.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Just finished the crimson Fleet faction questline. That was great....I think, aside from the companion quests I onky have the main quest line to complete.

Think I'll maybe check online to see if theres anything fun I should check out before wrapping the main questline up.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m trying to figure out if it makes more sense to use 3 higher powered EM weapons for my ship, or 4 lower powered EM weapons.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Yeah, I was wondering if it was a wrong script thing too, I didn’t remember hitting anyone either, and they gave me the same pissy speech…at least it gives you the ‘Dirty Harry arguing with the captain’ conversation option with him when it happens 😁

Last edited:

Forth

Neophyte
I'm absolutely loving this game but the recycled POIs on planets is really getting in the way of my discovery enjoyment.
They really do need to add more variety.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I’m trying to figure out if it makes more sense to use 3 higher powered EM weapons for my ship, or 4 lower powered EM weapons.
EM is for disabling systems, but the physical damage is minimal.
So it’s great for boarding ships…but since you can’t board while being attacked and EM doesn’t work through shields, you’re almost always stuck with the last ship alive so don’t prioritize EM as your main thing (unless that’s your thing).

Just keep a single pip on it and shoot the engines with it when it’s slightly down; I can board ships while just using a small one without even powering it, as long as I don’t blow it up accidentally beforehand.

And for me it‘s been seeming smaller weapons are usually better DPS wise.

Last edited:
Got to the high price to pay mission, the end result kinda messed with me, but I feel that was the point so I didn't reload my save; time for the UC vanguard questline before continuing with constellation.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Got to the high price to pay mission, the end result kinda messed with me, but I feel that was the point so I didn't reload my save; time for the UC vanguard questline before continuing with constellation.
Keep playing the main questline…at least for a bit.

Last edited:

adamsapple

My ranking of factions:

Crimson Fleet > Ryujin > UC Vanguard > Freestar Collective*

* Although Freestar gave access to that amazing repeatable hostage rescue mission which has been a godsend for farming companion affinity.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Main quest took me to neon and now I’m working for the fishery undercover and doing bounty missions. Finally hitting the stuff I wanted to do.

Hopefully you didn't accidentally apply for a job at Ryujin while you were there.

maneuver.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom