• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

oksr9.jpg

I ran out so I bought some more

angelfly

My 3DS final arrived.

P1010903.jpg

Along with a case, screen protector, and a cleaning cloth.

P1010908.jpg

As for games I ordered SSFIV and RR but RR was out of stock so it probably won't arrive until next week.

P1010907.jpg

And as seen in the picture I also picked up the Dreamcast Collection (mainly for SC5).

Raife

I posted this in the arcade stick thread, but I got a new TE Stick!

Just a simple bubbletop mod and some new buttons right now.

After this happened when I loaned my old stick to a friend.

Raife

MarshMellow96 said:
Sheeeeeeit!

What happened?

I think someone got a little salty after they lost some money or something. My friend said he'd cover the money if the guy that broke it doesn't pay me back. I was shocked. I don't think I have the muscles to actually break a TE stick. The things are built like tanks.

Kobiekun

Got my SLG3000 in the mail yesterday. Works great with the consoles my XRGB-3 doesn't play nicely with (PCE, Neo Geo).

SLG3000.jpg

Sorry for the crappy comparison pictures. Pictures taken with an iPhone 4, roughly 6 inches away from a 1080P Bravia. With the naked eye the difference is night and day.

SLG3000 on:
ScoreWithSLG3000.jpg

SLG3000 off:
ScoreWithoutSLG3000.jpg

SLG3000 on:
HealthWithSLG3000.jpg

SLG3000 off:
HealthWithoutSLG3000.jpg

SuperJ said:
Got my SLG3000 in the mail yesterday. Works great with the consoles my XRGB-3 doesn't play nicely with (PCE, Neo Geo).

SLG3000.jpg

Sorry for the crappy comparison pictures. Pictures taken with an iPhone 4, roughly 6 inches away from a 1080P Bravia. With the naked eye the difference is night and day.

SLG3000 on:
ScoreWithSLG3000.jpg

SLG3000 off:
ScoreWithoutSLG3000.jpg

SLG3000 on:
HealthWithSLG3000.jpg

SLG3000 off:
HealthWithoutSLG3000.jpg
That's really cool. Is it VGA only though?

Kobiekun

_dementia said:
That's really cool. Is it VGA only though?

Yes, VGA only.

The setup you're seeing is: PC-Engine (via RGB cable) > XRGB-3 (via VGA cable) > SLG3000 (via VGA cable) > TV

The XRGB-3 is in B0 mode, which means it is merely upscaling and not generating scanlines. Both my PCE and Neo Geo don't play well with the XRGB-3 in B1 mode (the scanline generating mode). A lot of SLG3000 users are hooking up there older systems to eBay-grade VGA converters which in turn feed the SLG3000 and are getting great results. It doesn't necessarily replace my XRGB-3, but whereas the XRGB-3 cost me ~$450 the SLG3000 was $75 shipped.

If anyone is interested here are some links:

JEKKI

earlier today I told myself that I would go hang out in Hollywood unless my copy of Radiant Historia comes in the mail.

SKflU.jpg

I guess I am going to stay in tonite...

LiK

robot said:
Hows the Mushihimesama Futari artbook? I just ordered it from the Cave shop.

both artbooks are excellent. it has pretty much all the official art, promo art and concept sketches etc. very high quality on good quality paper. very impressed. hope to see them release more from their other games.

alphaNoid

Banned
mrwilt said:
Jealous. I'm still shooting with the T1i.
T1i is still a great body, I was using an XSi but simply outgrew both the size and low light/speed of the Rebel series. I highly considered the T3i which launches soon, but ultimately got a smokin' deal on a 7D so I took the plunge.

The 7D + the 24-70 2.8L glass is so heavy lol. I'm going to need to hit the gym in order to carry this gear around haha.

Trouser Payload

Neo Member
34o4knm.jpg

Not the most auspicious of inaugural finds posts now my account's finally active, but I do love me a PSP game.

Traded a couple games I couldn't sell on ebay at Game for:
Space Invaders Evolution second hand $AUS10
Sega Rally (new, but marked as second hand) $AUS10
World Series Of Poker Tournament Of Champions 2007 Excessively Long Title Edition second hand $AUS5

and yesterday, PSP DoA Paradise for $AUS15 new.. the only other copy in the store was marked at $45.

Rich!

Picked up these.

fcY3v.jpg

dWOrL.jpg

Building up my Chris Morris collection. Jam will be next.

Eternal Darkness (no box) - £2
Pokemon Black - £25
Brass Eye - £3
Chrono Trigger (lost my old copy while on holiday. gahh) - £11

Altogether...£41. Not bad. Not buying anything else until the 3DS comes out (which coincidentally, I've already paid for completely. heh).

zmet

It sounds great! A definite must buy for fans of classic Sega FM arcade tunes. Btw, volume 2 came out this past Monday.

jarosh

SuperJ said:
Yes, VGA only.

The setup you're seeing is: PC-Engine (via RGB cable) > XRGB-3 (via VGA cable) > SLG3000 (via VGA cable) > TV

The XRGB-3 is in B0 mode, which means it is merely upscaling and not generating scanlines. Both my PCE and Neo Geo don't play well with the XRGB-3 in B1 mode (the scanline generating mode). A lot of SLG3000 users are hooking up there older systems to eBay-grade VGA converters which in turn feed the SLG3000 and are getting great results. It doesn't necessarily replace my XRGB-3, but whereas the XRGB-3 cost me ~$450 the SLG3000 was $75 shipped.

If anyone is interested here are some links:
whoa, so if i get a cheap upconverter (from 240i to vga) i could put it in between the nes and the slg3000 and get scanlines that way? for a fraction of the price of an xrgb-3? the only question is: what upconverter is there that takes composite and outputs to vga? from what i understand, the hd box pro doesn't take composite or 240i signals. shame, it'd be super cheap otherwise. do you KNOW of any cheap upconverter that could sit in between a 240i source and the slg3000?

MoxManiac

angelfly said:
My 3DS final arrived.

P1010903.jpg

Along with a case, screen protector, and a cleaning cloth.

P1010908.jpg

As for games I ordered SSFIV and RR but RR was out of stock so it probably won't arrive until next week.

P1010907.jpg

And as seen in the picture I also picked up the Dreamcast Collection (mainly for SC5).

SSF4! You have good taste, sir!

Tyrion81

Neo Member
jarosh said:
whoa, so if i get a cheap upconverter (from 240i to vga) i could put it in between the nes and the slg3000 and get scanlines that way? for a fraction of the price of an xrgb-3? the only question is: what upconverter is there that takes composite and outputs to vga? from what i understand, the hd box pro doesn't take composite or 240i signals. shame, it'd be super cheap otherwise. do you KNOW of any cheap upconverter that could sit in between a 240i source and the slg3000?

I really want to jump in, but all this hardware talk has me confused. Up conversion and lots of acronyms does not compute. I want make sure I have this straight. The setup posted above is to upscale older systems to get better resolutions out of HDTV's correct? So in theory something like this could work for say a ps1? I recently tried hooking up my ps1 and there was just no point in the standard RGB as the picture was all jumpy. I would be really interested in learning how to do this. any help would be appreciated.

I think it's trying to get the look of old 240p games on CRT from a HDTV, adding scanlines and such.

tbh I'd not bother pissing around and just get a CRT.

jarosh

Tyrion81 said:
I really want to jump in, but all this hardware talk has me confused. Up conversion and lots of acronyms does not compute. I want make sure I have this straight. The setup posted above is to upscale older systems to get better resolutions out of HDTV's correct? So in theory something like this could work for say a ps1? I recently tried hooking up my ps1 and there was just no point in the standard RGB as the picture was all jumpy. I would be really interested in learning how to do this. any help would be appreciated.
the slg3000 only takes a 480p vga signal, adds scanlines and then outputs once again at 480p vga. it doesn't upscale. probably not what you're looking for. you can't get "better resolutions" out of hdtvs. whatever that means. if you're talking about ps1 games primarily you're looking for a scaler, you probably don't want scanlines. a VERY good introduction to this sort of thing is here: http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/ the site also reviews countless scalers (and lined doublers etc.) at different price ranges.

Speevy

Banned
I'm too tired right now to snap pictures of my TV screen, but here are some of my retail pick-ups.

Not pictured: Modnation Racers (digital), Pixeljunk Shooter 2, Vagrant Story

Don't ask me why they sent me a basketball game. I've never bought one of those in my entire life.

100_1746.jpg

These are all first-time plays for me, so I'm excited to catch up.

Top Bottom